Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Mushy wrote: »
    Be nice to get to play in a pl stadium a bit earlier than anticipated

It’s a flat pack identi-kit, soulless ikea dump bowl, one of the many we’ve played in

Preferred the Dell myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

We have Ikea soup bowls. Didn't know they had dump bowls.

Augustin was all smoke and mirrors apparently

Contrary to what Phil Hay wrote the other day he is still not hitting his weight and running targets. Hes been bombed by bielsa and not joining in full training. Had a final get your act together meeting with the club yesterday by all accounts.

Oh well

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Contrary to what Phil Hay wrote the other day he is still not hitting his weight and running targets. Hes been bombed by bielsa and not joining in full training. Had a final get your act together meeting with the club yesterday by all accounts.

Oh well

He looked heavy in the recent photo alright.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

January transfer window eh, always special.

January transfer window eh, always special.

Still no sign of Poveda or Caprille either.

When we go up, I reckon at least 9 of our regular starting XI will start are first Prem game

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Oh well

Where are you seeing that? Can't find any mention of it anywhere.

Zaph wrote: »
    Where are you seeing that? Can't find any mention of it anywhere.

A few ITK reliable posters on WACCOE confirmed it - they're normally solid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

We are committed to buy if we go up too. Terrible decision

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

event wrote: »

Surely just offer him a terribly wage, so he rejects the contract

• Advertisement

Nope we're not. The player can decline. And I doubt he'd want to stick around

Some guys are crap trainers but lethal strikers ie Yeboah, Hasselbaink and Viduka

But I think I’d trust Bielsa on this one if we don’t see JKA

Anyways, we should be excited to see Roberts if he’s managed to shake his injuries. Was absolutely lethal against Hull and just seems so infectious

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Surely just offer him a terribly wage, so he rejects the contract
    Nope we're not. The player can decline. And I doubt he'd want to stick around

I'd imagine contracts already confirmed re wages. We were desperate to get this loan through at the time. Wages, length of contract would be all ironed out. No way we'd have to negotiate this now, be madness.

He'd be happy to stay, get a full preseason and play Premier league football.
    So we'll have another season of people giving Bamford over the top abuse

I'd imagine contracts already confirmed re wages. We were desperate to get this loan through at the time. Wages, length of contract would be all ironed out. No way we'd have to negotiate this now, be madness.

He'd be happy to stay, get a full preseason and play Premier league football.
    So we'll have another season of people giving Bamford over the top abuse

Far from it. Let's not kid ourselves - he gets his name sung repeatedly every game.

Some of his misses have been borderline criminal. He does a lot for the team but he's paid to score goals.

Not for Bielsa though. He obviously doesn't mind that he doesn't score cos he plays him anyway. Chances will be harder to come by in the PL so I reckon he'll miss even more.

He does miss a lot though, but we keep winning so I don't mind. If we go up and struggle, he'll shoulder most of the blame probably cos he'll be missing chances.

Idiots like Jermaine Jenas on MOTD pointing out he missed an easy chance yet not showing how he did about 10 sprints before that to close down the centre halves and was running in to channels to make space for the midfielders to come through etc

Just annoys me is all

Not for Bielsa though. He obviously doesn't mind that he doesn't score cos he plays him anyway. Chances will be harder to come by in the PL so I reckon he'll miss even more.

He does miss a lot though, but we keep winning so I don't mind. If we go up and struggle, he'll shoulder most of the blame probably cos he'll be missing chances.

Idiots like Jermaine Jenas on MOTD pointing out he missed an easy chance yet not showing how he did about 10 sprints before that to close down the centre halves and was running in to channels to make space for the midfielders to come through etc

Just annoys me is all

His work rate and effort is beyond question, but that should be minimum requirement when pulling on the shirt.

Half the stick he gets is warranted, but half isn't. If only he could finish though. What a player we'd have

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

His work rate and effort is beyond question, but that should be minimum requirement when pulling on the shirt.

Half the stick he gets is warranted, but half isn't. If only he could finish though. What a player we'd have

In fairness if he could finish decently alongside that work ethic, he would be in the pl.

In fairness if he could finish decently alongside that work ethic, he would be in the pl.

He’s had more loans than the credit union- I think that ultimately stunted his development.

Was never gonna make it at Chelsea.

Had to laugh at when he was asked who his football hero was growing up

‘Stern John’

I see Eddie scored a hattrick for the Arse this weekend against Charlton.

• Advertisement

davedanon wrote: »
    I see Eddie scored a hattrick for the Arse this weekend against Charlton.

Leeds should tell Arsenal to make him club captain. If only to remind them that it was completely wrong for a club that barely had a manager to tell Bielsa who he should pick...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Leeds should tell Arsenal to make him club captain. If only to remind them that it was completely wrong for a club that barely had a manager to tell Bielsa who he should pick...

An undoubted talent, albeit a little lazy, who has a big future ahead in the game. However, at this moment in time, he was a bad fit for Leeds in the most demanding league in the World

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭BSK

Cardiff vs Leeds - Sky 12pm Sunday June 21st

Stomach has dropped

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Shlippery

LUFC fixtures as per a Phil Hay Tweet.

Cardiff (A) 12pm, Sun, Jun 21
    Fulham (H) 3pm, Sat, Jun 27
    Luton (H) 7.45pm, Tue, Jun 30
    Blackburn (A) 3pm, Sat, Jul 4
    Stoke (H) 7.45pm, Tue, Jul 7
    Swansea (A) 3pm, Sat, Jul 11
    Barnsley (H) 7.45pm, Tue, Jul 14
    Derby (A) 3pm, Sat, Jul 18
    Charlton (H) tbc Wed, Jul 22

This could be it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Our record at Cardiff must be awful.

2 huge matches so. Fulham have a bad run in, so a win against them - we should be in a good place.

Just remember everyone, no team sitting top in June has failed to get promoted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

Nightmares of Lee Tomlin for another 2 weeks so

We’re the best team in the league by far and have won 5 games in a row without conceding. We play all 3 bottom teams at home.

Fulham drop points against Brentford on the Saturday, we do our stuff at Cardiff, it could be all over

Finishing a season on a Wednesday will be very odd

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Jimmy Two Times

Hopefully a better outcome than when we finished on a Monday and lost 2-1 to Wolves. Still annoys me.

It will, though the most famous league finish was on a Friday....

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liverpool_0%E2%80%932_Arsenal_(26_May_1989)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Shlippery

We’re the best team in the league by far and have won 5 games in a row without conceding. We play all 3 bottom teams at home.

Fulham drop points against Brentford on the Saturday, we do our stuff at Cardiff, it could be all over

I mean the writing's on the wall but until it's a mathematical certainty...we gotta keep ourselves composed :pac:

Who do we want to score the goal to take us up?

Ideally Berardi, but a last minute Klich thunderb*stard would be beautiful too

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Going in off Pablo's balls@ck would do.......anything as long as we go up this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

I'm hoping we'll finish the season well before the Wednesday! Wrapping it up away at Swansea would be nice.

If Berardi scores..................we won't be on the pitch :mad::mad:

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    I'm hoping we'll finish the season well before the Wednesday! Wrapping it up away at Swansea would be nice.

That was gonna be my next question actually. Once its before the derby game, be unreal if it was the stoke game (I'm going off 5 wins will have them up).

For goalscorer, would love an unreal team goal like Roberts or Aylings in last games

It has to be Kalvin, and preferably at Elland Road. Even if there's nobody there, a goal from the local boy at home to get us back up would be the perfect end to the season.

I'd like to see Bamford score the crucial goal.

Chapman did it in 1990, Beckford in 2010, I like seeing the striker s weigh in with the big goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

I'd like to see Bamford score the crucial goal.

Chapman did it in 1990, Beckford in 2010, I like seeing the striker s weigh in with the big goals.

It will be Luke Ayling now

Dallas with the goal to take us up. Been our best player this year imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

9 game season with a 7 point head start

There is only one team I know of who could possibly **** this up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Let's be positive about this. Bielsa Ball is high tempo and can lead to burn out. This enforced break may have allowed the squad to recharge. Could be what we needed

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

These next few weeks are going to be absolutely torture. My nerves are wrecked just looking at the fixtures!

Let's be positive about this. Bielsa Ball is high tempo and can lead to burn out. This enforced break may have allowed the squad to recharge. Could be what we needed

Thats a misconception. We were running more and at higher tempo towards the end of the season last year

What happens is teams figure out to beat Bielsas system

Thats a misconception. We were running more and at higher tempo towards the end of the season last year

What happens is teams figure out to beat Bielsas system

Well, if that was true, and teams had figured out how to beat our system, how come we're top of the league now again this year?

Think back to the Wigan game. Four games to go, three points ahead of the Blades. We're a goal up at home, against the bottom side, and they're down to 10 men. Our chances of winning that game (with the bookies) was probably 90% or more. Win it and we've a three point cushion with three games to go.

I just think we relaxed, thinking the game was won, and Wigan just got lucky. Freak result, and it spooked us. We lost our nerve, that was all. Sheffield couldn't believe their luck, overtaking us right at the death.

Well, if that was true, and teams had figured out how to beat our system, how come we're top of the league now again this year?

Think back to the Wigan game. Four games to go, three points ahead of the Blades. We're a goal up at home, against the bottom side, and they're down to 10 men. Our chances of winning that game (with the bookies) was probably 90% or more. Win it and we've a three point cushion with three games to go.

I just think we relaxed, thinking the game was won, and Wigan just got lucky. Freak result, and it spooked us. We lost our nerve, that was all. Sheffield couldn't believe their luck, overtaking us right at the death.

But we then went and did a job on Derby at their place - how do you explain that?

It was just a bizarre, messed up end to a messed up season, defies logic

Totally agree with this. Missed a penalty, went one up and we were almost there with Brentford, Villa and Ipswich to play.

Couldn't turn it around in the second half and mentally disintegrated afterwards.

The Brentford game was just so sad. Was in the front row of the upper tier of the away end, almost in tears at the end with this muppet in a retro jersey in a broad London accent telling me that it was all grand, that we'd have a day out at Wembley to look forward to. Could have throttled the c*#t.

After that, we actually did well to " beat " Villa but just gave up against Ipswich.

Firmly believe that if we'd beaten Wigan on that Good Friday we'd have gone up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Yep Wigan game was the one last season.... I was there :(

Yep Wigan game was the one last season.... I was there :(

Yep, grim as ****. Remember walking back into town afterwards, just couldn't talk.

Normally go into the Scarborough near the station after games but couldn't face it. There's a load of die hards drink there, lads that haven't missed games for years. God knows how they all coped.

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/GrahamSmyth/status/1270324961803210756

If a second wave hit and the season was stopped at least there's certainty now on how it would be decided.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement