Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

davedanon wrote: »
    Well, if that was true, and teams had figured out how to beat our system, how come we're top of the league now again this year?

Think back to the Wigan game. Four games to go, three points ahead of the Blades. We're a goal up at home, against the bottom side, and they're down to 10 men. Our chances of winning that game (with the bookies) was probably 90% or more. Win it and we've a three point cushion with three games to go.

I just think we relaxed, thinking the game was won, and Wigan just got lucky. Freak result, and it spooked us. We lost our nerve, that was all. Sheffield couldn't believe their luck, overtaking us right at the death.

Im just saying that we dont run out of steam or burn out. It doesnt happen.

Yeah we get jittery, didnt say we dont :confused:

Some teams figure out Bielsa and still cant beat us cos we are too good. But saying that we burn out is wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

One thing we can be certain of is we'll create at least 15+ chances a game.

Just need to put away a couple of these each game and we'll be sucking diesel.

WE BELIEVE IN YOU PATRICK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

event wrote: »
    Im just saying that we dont run out of steam or burn out. It doesnt happen.

Yeah we get jittery, didnt say we dont :confused:

Some teams figure out Bielsa and still cant beat us cos we are too good. But saying that we burn out is wrong

Our system has evolved since last season, to be fair, but in essence it's the same. I just don't think we got 'figured out' at the death. I think we had one crucial, 100 to 1 against crazy defeat, and that derailed us. I think we did occasionally get out-thought earlier on last year. There were a couple of thumping, on-the-counterattack defeats, iirc.

But I agree with your essential point. We don't physically burn out at the tail-end of the season.

I think Bielsa has done something very significant with us. He has changed his system. His way was always hell for leather attack, and while his teams were exhilarating, they failed more than they succeeded. I think we saw that at the beginning of last season, and very quickly teams decided to let us have the ball and sit back and defend. The ones that could do that, hit on the break AND take their chances did well against us.

This time around, we maybe haven't been as exciting, but there's a pragmatism, not committing so many men forward all the time, and I think that's Bielsa realising that while this is a very, very difficult league, it's still only a stepping stone. I think he wants success, he wants the chance to face off against the guys he taught - Poch, Pep etc, and he's changed his philosophy in order to attain it.

Zaph wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/GrahamSmyth/status/1270324961803210756

If a second wave hit and the season was stopped at least there's certainty now on how it would be decided.

We would win the league on PPG yeah?

So everyone get around to Robbie Gotts house so the season can be put off again. We go up as champs. Simples :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Be at Elland Road for the 5 home matches! £25!:D

https://crowdie.leedsunited.com/#/book/customize-product

• Advertisement

Our system has evolved since last season, to be fair, but in essence it's the same...
    This time around, we maybe haven't been as exciting, but there's a pragmatism, not committing so many men forward all the time, and I think that's Bielsa realising that while this is a very, very difficult league, it's still only a stepping stone. I think he wants success, he wants the chance to face off against the guys he taught - Poch, Pep etc, and he's changed his philosophy in order to attain it.

I think the team is more comfortable with his system now.

Last season a few late late winners around Christmas put us on top but not sure they were playing as comfortably as they are this season. If anything, Leeds are more easily on top, the only reason the chasing pack is still in it is because of a few lapses around January.

is_that_so wrote: »
    Be at Elland Road for the 5 home matches! £25!:D

https://crowdie.leedsunited.com/#/book/customize-product

Already sent in my Harold Shipman and Jimmy Saville photos :P

Any fancy a hot air balloon for Cardiff?

great view, usb points, p*ss over side of basket, free matchday programme.

approx £150 pp.

'almost like being there'.

Ugh. Welcome to Murderball

Tweet
    See new Tweets
    Conversation
    Phil Hay
    @PhilHay_
    Hearing that Jean-Kevin Augustin has suffered a recurrence of his hamstring strain. Not confirmed by Leeds but sounds like a set-back for him. #lufc
    11:02 AM · Jun 10, 2020·Twitter Web App

Just saw that. He's a crock

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Jimmy Two Times

It certainly appears that we are approaching games differently this season,particularly in the latter half. Earlier in the season, particularly against Derby, Forest and Swansea at home it was very similar to last year, batter them for the whole game and fall victim to a late sucker punch. Don't think we've been as " gung ho " in later games and look like we're more patient and relying on our own devastating counters.

A lot of the best goals this season in my view have been counters, Alioski at home to Hull, Hernandez at Huddersfield, Costa at Birmingham and home to Cardiff,Roberts first at Hull and my personal favourite, Harrison at Reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Agreed Jimmy, our counter attacking this season has been lightning fast and resulted in some brilliant goals.

It certainly appears that we are approaching games differently this season,particularly in the latter half. Earlier in the season, particularly against Derby, Forest and Swansea at home it was very similar to last year, batter them for the whole game and fall victim to a late sucker punch. Don't think we've been as " gung ho " in later games and look like we're more patient and relying on our own devastating counters.

A lot of the best goals this season in my view have been counters, Alioski at home to Hull, Hernandez at Huddersfield, Costa at Birmingham and home to Cardiff,Roberts first at Hull and my personal favourite, Harrison at Reading.

What about Ayling's thunderbastard against Huddersfield?

What makes me love it even more is that Bielsa's system is written all over it: Klich's backheel, Hernandez's blind pass to Harrison. It's Harrison who collects the ball from a throw-in back in our own half and starts the move. But when Pablo gets it he just knocks it blind into space, because he knows Harrison will be there when the ball arrives. Glorious goal.

Ok, I know it's not as much of a counterattack as the others.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Have a ridiculous feeling that Bamford is going to play well in front of empty stadiums for some reason. Hopefully Augustin isn't as rubbish as the rumors circulating (and isn't injured long term).

Have a ridiculous feeling that Bamford is going to play well in front of empty stadiums for some reason. Hopefully Augustin isn't as rubbish as the rumors circulating (and isn't injured long term).

that's actually not a bad call. Here's hoping.

Juan Foyth linked

Would be a cracking signing

Loan or permanent?

Good replacement for White

I'd forgotten Casilla was banned for 6 more games

So JKA is made of glass.

Hopefully Roberts can step up.

Edmondson too is back to full fitness

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

Have we played any friendly's yet ? I've not noticed any mentioned

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Stoke game move to 5pm on Thursday 9th July for Sky.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

Zaph wrote: »
    Stoke game move to 5pm on Thursday 9th July for Sky.

So any kick-off time will do now because some people are out of work/working from home ?

I think their plan is to televise as many matches as they can, which means a lot more staggered kick-off times, but 5 is a bit crap for most people all right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭adaminho

But not as nice. Saw that earlier, doesn't seem to be impressing people much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

its absolutely rotten

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Terrible design. I thought Adidas would do better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Shlippery

The colours are ****e, but even at that I don't think it'd look good in any colour.

Hopefully it's nothing final..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

Hopefully just bait to identify possible leaks before launch

• Advertisement

I never wear jerseys any more anyway but that's hideous

If that is the jersey and I fear it might be, who is signing off on this, just like the crest 2 years ago I have not seen 1 person say they like it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

If that is the jersey and I fear it might be, who is signing off on this, just like the crest 2 years ago I have not seen 1 person say they like it...

I actually like it

Mushy wrote: »
    I actually like it

Banned

Banned

Be deserved too. But I like it on basis I dont think itll be away jersey, itll be 3rd

Mushy wrote: »
    Be deserved too. But I like it on basis I dont think itll be away jersey, itll be 3rd

1st and 2nd "leaked" too..... I actually like the yellow, very Sweden USA 94

• Advertisement

1st and 2nd "leaked" too..... I actually like the yellow, very Sweden USA 94

Any link? can't see em on Twitter

All 3 are absolute carcrashes

K.I.S.S - Keep it simple, stupid.

Home - All White
    Away - All Yellow
    3rd Kit- All Navy Blue

None of these stupid pinstripes, Adidas 3 strips or any random colouring

The best shirts of recent years

Leeds-United-Kappa-Kit-2015-16.jpg

Kalvin_Phillips_Leeds_United.jpg

9429132579ae7fea835da1339a78902c.jpg

leeds_united_17_18_kappa_away_kit_f.jpg

Some right crackers amongst that lot

Thr amount of times a simple white shirt has been messed up is criminal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Looks OK but you need a body to model it, even a dummy!

And while they're tinkering around, bring back the smiley, or simple rose and ball...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Ropey site, but nice to glimpse back at past kits ... while we wait for next weekend :P

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/leeds-united-kit-leak-rankings-14683532

Stripes are a no-no. Wo don't do stripes.

Anyone got any idea how much Sky is as an add-on to Eir?

If you only want it for the end of the season, you can get a NowTV stick with one month's Sky Sports for €25 in DID. Power City and Harvey Norman are doing them for €30. Thread here with more details.

Right lads, we're on
    Some goodnews for Leeds fans in Ireland.
    From the 30/6/20,Uniteds home fixture in the Sky Bet Championship to Luton Town,Whites fans can see All remaining games in the Camden,Camden Street,Irelands largest Sports Bar.
    Due to Covid-19,the Irish acting Government have issued all Public Houses and Bars strict guidelines when re-opening to the general public.
    1.As the Camden can still accomodate large numbers,its still adviseable in order for it to control numbers attending the venue,to pre-book with the Camden in advance.
    2.The acting Government have insisted,and its part of Phase 3 guidelines,Phase 4 restrictions will be lifted in July, that to attend an event in a public place ie Bar,customers must purchase Food.
    And finally the management at the Camden have asked us to ask all Leeds fans who use the venue.
    To let them know via the comments on this page.
    Are there anyways fans would like improvements to their Camden experience.?
    Dont be shy about letting us know.
    So from June 30th,its all systems go again for Live Leeds games at Irelands finest Sports Bar.
    The Camden.
    See you all soon

I've no interest in pubs in general with these restrictions tbh.
    • 6 to a table.
    • No table within 2 metres of each other.
    • No standing up.
    • No ordering at the bar.
    • No standing at the bar.
    • Restrictions on using the bathrooms.

I've no idea of the size of the Camden but whatever it was, reduce capacity to about 30%

Feck that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

event wrote: »
    I've no interest in pubs in general with these restrictions tbh.
    • 6 to a table.
    • No table within 2 metres of each other.
    • No standing up.
    • No ordering at the bar.
    • No standing at the bar.
    • Restrictions on using the bathrooms.

I've no idea of the size of the Camden but whatever it was, reduce capacity to about 30%

Feck that

Same - I'd rather watch the games in the comfort of my own home with a few german beers, much more relaxing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

An bhfuil cead agam dul go dti an leithreas? ��

Not a chance will I bother wth a pub until a vaccine is found and normality returns. MOT from my front room

Footy Accumulators
    12 hrs ·
    Leeds United have so far sold 15,000 cardboard cut outs to fill Elland Road when the season resumes.

:D:D

We'll still somehow manage to kick off if things go tits up.

ALL CARDBOARD AREN'T WE?

Pablo out of the Cardiff game

Roberts expected to start

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement