Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Pablo out of the Cardiff game

Roberts expected to start

source?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

source?

Alan Nixon

Augustin also flew to Florida to rehab his hammy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

Send him to disneyland or something and leave him there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Pablo out of the Cardiff game

Roberts expected to start

Hopefully Roberts knocks in a triple hat trick before half time and wraps up the game...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Who's Alan Nixon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

davedanon wrote: »
    Who's Alan Nixon?

Journalist. Havent seen mention of it on his twitter though

Mushy wrote: »
    Journalist. Havent seen mention of it on his twitter though

Don't know him. Think I'll wait for the official team announcement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Zaph wrote: »
    If you only want it for the end of the season, you can get a NowTV stick with one month's Sky Sports for €25 in DID. Power City and Harvey Norman are doing them for €30. Thread here with more details.

Apparently the red button doesn't work on NowTV. Not sure if we'll be on it much but worth noting.

Going to check if I can get a sky sports sub on a monthly basis

Q_Ball wrote: »
    Apparently the red button doesn't work on NowTV. Not sure if we'll be on it much but worth noting.

Going to check if I can get a sky sports sub on a monthly basis

If getting sky sports an add on to your Sky sub, you only enter a 30/31 day contract so you can cancel at any stage without penalty.

Havent heard if midweek games will be on red button like was the case beforehand

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Think it said in a club press release a few days ago that there wouldn’t be any red button games for the rest of the season

I ended up going to Hardly Normal, nearly buying a Now stick with Sports pass for €60, at the salesman's recommendation (something about Sony TVs not having the app built-in), then consulting with my daughter and asking the salesman how come she also had a Sony, yet was able to cast from the Now app on her phone to her telly. Maybe he was just trying to fleece me, but he practically slapped his forehead and went "D'oh", while apologetically agreeing that that was indeed possible.

So now I'm all set up. €23 per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

slapped his forehead and went "D'oh", while apologetically agreeing that that was indeed possible.

Which is another way of saying "Really ? I never knew this - they never told us that in the training"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

No sign of villa letting Sheffield United walk the ball into the net today....... Hypocrisy at its finest

No sign of villa letting Sheffield United walk the ball into the net today....... Hypocrisy at its finest

You're the second person I know to have mentioned this tonight. They just don't have our moral integrity, which - to be fair - has only been observed at Bielsa's insistence. But for that alone, I'm glad he's our manager. To paraphrase Jack Nicholson in As Good as it Gets - he's made us want to be better men*.

* By which I of course mean people, of all genders and persuasions.

Still disgusted over that Villa goal we gave back

The whole world knows you play to the whistle

• Advertisement

I liked it cos it immediately sickened the tabloids, who would have went down the 'dirty argie' route. John Terry didnt know what to do, he was moaning big time on the sideline and you could see him apologising pretty quickly.

Gonna be lovely to pass them by on the way up.

They'll be in the financial mire for years ala Derby and Wednesday - up to their eyes in debt and selling Grealish won't make a difference, the Peaky Blinder watching, inbred c**ts

I loved the walk-in goal. After decades of 'dirty Leeds' and the mockery and humiliation of the Ridsdale years, followed by Spygate (although that was actually rather wonderful because of Marcelo's amazing powerpoint performance), it gave us the moral high ground, and I don't see any other manager in the country emulating it.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Jimmy Two Times

I loved the walk-in goal. After decades of 'dirty Leeds' and the mockery and humiliation of the Ridsdale years, followed by Spygate (although that was actually rather wonderful because of Marcelo's amazing powerpoint performance), it gave us the moral high ground, and I don't see any other manager in the country emulating it.

Agree.

Can hold our heads high forever after this.

On the day though, I don't remember being as magnanimous :D

Considering all that happened in the weeks before this game,the atmosphere in the ground was surprisingly good that day. Really took off after that incident though. One of those games that you have to say,glad I was there.

There was a real irony about fans who cheer on Grealish, coached by Terry, a club that "sold" the ground to get around FFP, whining about cheating.

• Advertisement

I was more sickened about Bamfords dive than the goal tbh

Looks like whoever posted that about Pablo being out for Cardiff was right.

Mea culpa.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

16 years of pain and suffering in one Phil Hay article (it's not behind the usual Athletic paywall).

For me, the absolute low-point was the Histon match. Not because we lost to a non-league club that I'd never heard of before the draw was made, although that was pretty crap but that's the sort of thing that happens in the cup. It was the fact that we were playing them in the second round. It was a measure of how far we'd fallen that we'd gone from Champions League to having to play rounds 1 and 2 of the FA Cup in 7 or 8 years. Assuming we don't fcuk things up and get promoted nobody can say we won't have earned it.

Read it earlier. Brilliant piece

Lads. The 16:10 at Ascot today. Horse called Bielsa running, 4/1. Worth a few quid surely

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

Phil packed a lot into that article! Bit that hit home for me was "the never ending auction". All the academy lads and best players sold off down the years...the aimlessness and sacrifice of ambition to make ends meet.

Right, let's f*cking do this please, once and for all.

Fulham lose today, we win tomorrow. We go 10 points clear. We beat them next Saturday, 13 points clear with 7 games and 21 points left to play for.

Why do I do this to myself

event wrote: »
    Fulham lose today, we win tomorrow. We go 10 points clear. We beat them next Saturday, 13 points clear with 7 games and 21 points left to play for.

This has been in my head also. And WBA to beat brentford next week. I can feel the heartbreak

I've missed football terribly, but I had forgotten about the agony and the angst of supporting Leeds!

Mushy wrote: »
    This has been in my head also. And WBA to beat brentford next week. I can feel the heartbreak

And if we could lose two, we could win promotion vs Derby :D

• Advertisement

I don't know quite why, but I have this peculiar conviction that because of Bielsa's methods, we will come back fitter, stronger and better-prepared than everyone else. I have no hard evidence to back that up, obviously.

They said that when they came back to training they were posting better times/stats than just before we left. They will come out of the traps flying I reckon, teams wont be able for it IMO.

I'll be more worried about soft tissue injuries like in Germany. We dont have a huge squad, fulham and WBA have better

Sounds like a recipe for burnout to me

:pac:

And if we could lose two, we could win promotion vs Derby :D

I'd prefer a situation where promotion is secured before that and they either have to give a guard of honour, or else we beat them to win the league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Brentford you beauties.

Always liked Brentford!

Well stage one complete anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,023 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Looks like Forest are our main threat now.

Dunno, Brentford looked sharp and they've a hugely better goal difference than Fulham or Forest. They also have a much easier run in than Fulham and I'd say slightly easier than Forest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Zaph wrote: »
      Dunno, Brentford looked sharp and they've a hugely better goal difference than Fulham or Forest. They also have a much easier run in than Fulham and I'd say slightly easier than Forest.

I agree but let’s be honest, Leeds are Leeds biggest threat right now.
      If results hold up big opportunity tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

If we win 4 games I reckon we go straight up, probably not as champions but at this stage I don't really care...as long as we get up

As Brentford have to play Fulham and West Brom, and have a remarkable GD, wouldn't rule them out of joining the fight for 2nd.

Wouldn't mind seeing Brentford take runners up spot behind Leeds. I'd like to see Jansson captain them to promotion and he deserves the chance to play in the top flight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Wouldn't mind seeing Brentford take runners up spot behind Leeds. I'd like to see Jansson captain them to promotion and he deserves the chance to play in the top flight.

100%, he was fantastic for us, was probably a big blow to him when he got sold, fair play to him for taking it so well, professionally and personally

Brentford play good football too, and as well as Pontus I'd like to see how Ollie Watkins would do in the PL.

Lads. The 16:10 at Ascot today. Horse called Bielsa running, 4/1. Worth a few quid surely

Went off 5/1 favourite and finished 19th of 22 runners. I hope it's not an omen!

• Advertisement

A draw today will see it hard for them to move I to automatic positions

Good results all round for us today. Now we need to capitalise on it with a win tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

Huge amount of late goals today, and some very important ones too.

Why?

Only one team won at home today out of 11 games. 6 lost, 5 drew. Thatll be fun if it keeps up over the next month

• Advertisement
    This discussion has been closed.
    Advertisement