Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,076 ✭✭✭✭event

Successful teams have a number of players with quiet eye. Quiet eye appears to be particularly important at times of stress, preventing the player from ‘choking’ at moments of high pressure. Aguero has it in spades. Man U had three or four players with it under Ferguson.
    Nobody at Leeds has it. They all panic and bottle it when something goes wrong. So disappointing to watch.

So we dont have anyone like of Aguero or the man u teams under Fergie.

:|

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,046 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

event wrote: »
    So we dont have anyone like of Aguero or the man u teams under Fergie.

:|

True. If we make it up this year, we don't need to spend huge bucks. We just need to buy in players with cool heads who don't think about their previous mistake every time they kick a ball.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

True. If we make it up this year, we don't need to spend huge bucks. We just need to buy in players with cool heads who don't think about their previous mistake every time they kick a ball.

Thats very difficult at this club. Not being funny, but have you been to ER? Smallest mistake and the crowd crucify them. Its amazing the amount of good players came to Leeds and then wilted under the pressure.

whiterebel wrote: »
    Thats very difficult at this club. Not being funny, but have you been to ER? Smallest mistake and the crowd crucify them. Its amazing the amount of good players came to Leeds and then wilted under the pressure.

At least 5 times a year for the last 20 years. I know what you are saying.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

It's a pretty common term in sports terminology. As for the games, in both the Cardiff games this season, we panicked, in fact in the following six games after the Cardiff capitulation in December, we continued that trend and managed only six points out of twenty one. There seems to be a nervousness and lack of confidence with the team after a bad performance that seems to linger, but I hope I am wrong this time.

I actually agree with this and my immediate thought following the Cardiff defeat was that we could well collapse again. It happened at Christmas as you said. It also happened last season with the Wigan game losing 3 and drawing 1 of last league matches. Then despite winning away at Derby we messed it up again at home.

We have 'form' when it comes to fúcking it up. It's a running joke among my mates that Leeds are going to mess it up again. Hopefully Bielsa can keep the heads up this time. If we lose to Fulham this weekend though I think we're in big trouble.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Cardiff are just a bogey team. They've scored 5 goals against us this season. Care to know how many shots on target?

F.I.V.E.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

davedanon wrote: »
    Cardiff are just a bogey team. They've scored 5 goals against us this season. Care to know how many shots on target?

F.I.V.E.

Says alot more about Leeds than Cardiff

Says alot more about Leeds than Cardiff

The two goals at the weekend were both from outside the box, and I haven't heard any suggestion that Meslier was particularly at fault. And if Cardiff are that ruthless, why are they in mid-table?

The two goals at the weekend were both from outside the box, and I haven't heard any suggestion that Meslier was particularly at fault. And if Cardiff are that ruthless, why are they in mid-table?

You just made my point, It's a Leeds issue !

They are outside the playoffs on GD.
    They are the 6th highest scorers in the league, only scored 2 less than us.

• Advertisement

They have an average of 4.1 shots on target in the Championship, which works out at 156 in 38 games. They've scored 54 goals.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,343 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Red Bull allegedly looking to hire Victor Orta as technical director for their soccer setup. I don't think he'd make any decision before the end of the season, and if we get promoted I couldn't see him walking away from Elland Road without getting a chance to work with Bielsa in the PL.

Unsure on Orta tbh. Some of the failed transfers have to be on him

I agree, but he's also probably most responsible for bringing Bielsa to the club, which definitely makes up for a few of the duff transfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Jimmy Two Times

F.I.V.E.

We've conceded 3 goals in 7 games, all directly attributable to horrendeous individual errors.

Not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing. Is it the pressure of what we may be about to achieve that's getting to mentally fragile players or is it just a series of momentary lapses in concentration that can be dealt with.

Pray to God it's the latter.

We've conceded 3 goals in 7 games, all directly attributable to horrendeous individual errors.

Not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing. Is it the pressure of what we may be about to achieve that's getting to mentally fragile players or is it just a series of momentary lapses in concentration that can be dealt with.

Pray to God it's the latter.
    The Derby playoff game at Elland Road last seoson showed how fragile we can be. We take the lead, then Derby score on 46' and the players can barely kick a ball for the rest of the match.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,025 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Brentford one nil up. Would rather West Brom beat them and gap stayed where it was to them and Fulham

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,541 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Brentford one nil up. Would rather West Brom beat them and gap stayed where it was to them and Fulham

They look better too

A draw would do nicely.

A draw would do nicely.

Spent many a year as a Leeds fan saying "it would be great if they drew." Nah, you want WBA to beat them because if it comes down to it Leeds will **** it up, not the 3rd place team. Always. The first season I remember is 92-93 so close to 30 years of getting kicked in the shins and bollocks will tell. Thankfully football doesn't appeal to me much anymore, I couldn't take much more of it anyway, especially with the current premier league champions.

At least they're not overly represented in every form of media...:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

It's not been much of a game, really. WBA extremely goal-shy. B's not much better.

It's not been much of a game, really. WBA extremely goal-shy. B's not much better.

Always find top teams will find it harder to get many chances. Was same when leeds played both these teams

That's it. Win tomorrow, go three points clear. A draw puts us top with a 6 point gap to 3rd.

Leaving our collective Leeds-fatalism aside (never an easy task), WBA have to be the more worried. Their form is poor, and they're not scoring.

I am very worried about tomorrow. Very worried.

I am very worried about tomorrow. Very worried.

Ah, an experienced Leeds fan. Bloke in work said to me the they day pre-Cardiff "we've got one tough game left (Fulham)" I shook my head and walked away.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,025 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Ah, an experienced Leeds fan. Bloke in work said to me the they day pre-Cardiff "we've got one tough game left (Fulham)" I shook my head and walked away.

It’s quite worrying looking at the schedule. Games left against teams who will pushing for 6th spot and in relegation fights.

Win tomorrow and today doesn't matter really. Draw tomorrow and its little nervy, but wba in a worse position

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

Today will be a slog

Hope Pablo is fit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

As happy as I am that Brentford did us a "favour" last night, I'm worried about their and Cardiff's form.

This is the business end of the season, Sheff Utd did an amazing job last season (they would have won the league based on form) if the league started after Christmas. Brentford and Cardiff are now brimming with confidence and WBA (more so) and Leeds are faltering.

Hopefully, last week was a blip for Leeds and we beat Fulham today but I've got the brown trousers washed, ironed and ready to go.

Keyzer wrote: »
    Leeds are faltering.

One game, mate. We'd won the previous 5 on the trot, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

Feel sick

That should be red

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Blatant red card for Mitrovic missed

Should get a ban anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Kingp35 wrote: »

WTF, how was that missed, filthy and only after a few minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

How have all the officials missed that..... Didn't even need a replay it was so blatant

Sloppy midfield play again nearly costs us

My Man Bam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,615 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

1-0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

WTF, how was that missed, filthy and only after a few minutes
    How have all the officials missed that..... Didn't even need a replay it was so blatant
    Should get a ban anyway
    Kingp35 wrote: »

He has a long history of that kinda stuff...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Get in!!!! Backed him first goal too

Get in! Good finish

Baaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmffffffffoooooooorrrrrrrrrdddddddddd

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Jaysus, Fulham were poor there, Bam had lots of space & Time...But do i care...NO...Whoop Whoop

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 138 ✭✭Stephen A Smith

Such a neat tidy finish from Bamford there. Superb goal.

Delighted for Bamford, hopefully that'll give him a bit of confidence

Mitrovic appealing for handball the cheeky pup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

That's a polite way of describing him :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement