Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Zaph wrote: »
    We'll have none of that optimism here, thank you very much.
    This is as bad as the COVID threads!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

So nervous today. Thank God we got through it. I feared for us if we lost. Games are coming thick and fast now. Going to be a crazy few weeks :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

I didn't stop ****ting myself until the third goal went in.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

For sale. One pair of brown trousers. Hardly used. Will need them back on Tuesday.

Latest predictions from Five Thirty Eight. Home advantage adjusted down by 60%.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/soccer-predictions/championship/

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭BSK

Where is the party for when we finally do it?

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

BSK wrote: »
    Where is the party for when we finally do it?

In your own home, socially distanced from everyone else who's there. As a Leeds fan that's usually not too difficult, other people tend to shun us anyway. :pac:

is_that_so wrote: »
    Latest predictions from Five Thirty Eight. Home advantage adjusted down by 60%.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/soccer-predictions/championship/

98% chance of promotion...

I'd love to know what those stats would have been if we'd lost yesterday.

davedanon wrote: »
    98% chance of promotion...

I'd love to know what those stats would have been if we'd lost yesterday.

Zero chance.

Sure, the stats might have said 68% or 73%. But any Leeds fan would know, when the wheels come off at ER, they come off spectacularly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Zaph wrote: »
    Wtf is McClaren rambling on about? He's the worst commentator I've ever heard.

He's an absolute dingle berry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Saturdays win was just massive, absolutely massive. I know we're Leeds fans and should never get carried away but even the biggest pessimist must be getting excited now. A win tomorrow night would put us probably needing just 2 wins from 6 to seal promotion. That's as close to nailed on as you can get. WGUAFC. MOT.

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    Saturdays win was just massive, absolutely massive. I know we're Leeds fans and should never get carried away but even the biggest pessimist must be getting excited now. A win tomorrow night would put us probably needing just 2 wins from 6 to seal promotion. That's as close to nailed on as you can get. WGUAFC. MOT.

Mods, plz delete and ban. That kind of talk isn't allowed around here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭jacool

Just to put in a note or two here about Luton, who are currently second from bottom in the league.
    They have only lost once in their last 8 games, meaning they are better than their position states.
    They have kept 4 clean sheets in their last 4, which is amazing, because when I've seen them they have looked good going forwards, only to give away easy goals at the back.
    They've conceded once since the re-start, a cracker from Scott Sinclair for Preston.

Leeds beat them away with them conceding a last-minute own goal.
    The logic has to be attack, attack, attack and hope they cave in.
    Brentford put 7 past them, so if they go behind early, they can struggle , but they now have their former manager back in again (Nathan Jones).
    Just saying, its not the "easy" game that it might appear on paper, and also, don't look shocked if Luton look like they can play, as they can.

jacool wrote: »
    Just to put in a note or two here about Luton, who are currently second from bottom in the league.
    They have only lost once in their last 8 games, meaning they are better than their position states.
    They have kept 4 clean sheets in their last 4, which is amazing, because when I've seen them they have looked good going forwards, only to give away easy goals at the back.
    They've conceded once since the re-start, a cracker from Scott Sinclair for Preston.

Leeds beat them away with them conceding a last-minute own goal.
    The logic has to be attack, attack, attack and hope they cave in.
    Brentford put 7 past them, so if they go behind early, they can struggle , but they now have their former manager back in again (Nathan Jones).
    Just saying, its not the "easy" game that it might appear on paper, and also, don't look shocked if Luton look like they can play, as they can.

Just spotted an article on YEP on this very topic.

Luton won't be a walk over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

jacool wrote: »
    They have only lost once in their last 8 games

This is where I'm a bit confused. If it was the opposite, i.e. one win in 8 games, a loss would be nailed on for us.

Luton are still second from bottom despite being on that run. They must have been shockingly bad before that.

Reports that Brighton will want £35 million for White with City, Liverpool and ManU all looking at him.

Obviously they can throw more money at a transfer fee and wages if they are determined to get him. But as prices go, 35 million is not outrageous.

Assuming we get promoted there'll be a lot of TV money all of a sudden. I'd see £35m as being some of that money very well spent, he's definitely Premier League class.

£35 million is an absolute steal for Ben White. And, while footballers are obviously motivated by money and personal ambition, and very few footballers wouldn't want to go to those clubs, it's just possible that Bielsa might be able to persuade him to stay with us. He's a vital cog in the team, he's being coached by one of the best in the business, and he's guaranteed a starting place in the heart of our defence. That might be enough to convince him to stay for a season or two.

• Advertisement

I'd love to see White stay but something tells me the likes of Liverpool or Man U would turn his head - especially Liverpool (if they are serious).

CL football, higher wages, chance to win the league again...

Keyzer wrote: »
    I'd love to see White stay but something tells me the likes of Liverpool or Man U would turn his head - especially Liverpool (if they are serious).

CL football, higher wages, chance to win the league again...

In fairness, if he was guaranteed a place alongside Van Dijk in the centre of defence he'd be mental not to jump at it. But if he was told he'd have to fight Gomez and co for the place he'd be better off staying at Elland Road where he'd be sure of PL football. His game would develop a lot better there than the odd run-out and a load of reserve games, even if it is for the reigning champions.

Oh, the odds are that he would go to Pool or even the sc*m like a shot, but I'm just saying that if there is one manager that could persuade a talented young player that it was in his best interests to turn down more money and a glamour move and concentrate on developing as a player, that manager is Marcelo Bielsa.

Three match ban for Mitrovic. Good, the elbowing twat.

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2020/june/29/three-game-ban-for-Aleksandar-Mitrovic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

Yeah 35m for White would be great business. I dont know if many clubs can invest this summer in players for the future. They wont be spending as much so I cant see the likes of pool, man u etc going for a player that wont start for them straight away. Hopefully anyway

Is the game on TV anywhere?

• Advertisement

event wrote: »
    Is the game on TV anywhere?

Only on LUTV. I think I might buy a game pass for it.

A win tonight would be exceedingly delicious....

Oh, I think I have LUTV another way *cough* so I might be ok

This Tweet has fair taken the air out of my optimistic bubble!

https://twitter.com/JRCooper26/status/1277882663626584064?s=20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

£10 on Lutv, or £5 with a VPN set to non uk/ireland

Be interesting to see how LUTV copes, demand will surely be much higher

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

maximoose wrote: »

I'd advise anyone thinking if getting it to purchase the pass well in advance anyway. It's happened a few times where I left it to the last minute and running into issues paying and missing 20 minutes of the game.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

In case people don't know, it's possible for more than one person to login into a single LUTV account and watch the match on different computers. Myself and my brother use the one account to watch matches. He's in Dublin and I'm in Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

Also worth investigating some alternative sources too, very sceptical that LUTV will manage all the additional viewers.

There are always a few knocking around twitter closer to kick off, as well as Facebook groups.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

event wrote: »
    Oh, I think I have LUTV another way *cough* so I might be ok

If you could PM me that would be great

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    If you could PM me that would be great

Its not working :(

davedanon wrote: »
    Mods, plz delete and ban. That kind of talk isn't allowed around here.
    14 points is promotion! A win tonight would make that 11 points.

Brentford play Reading at 6pm. If Reading take points off then tonight could be something else

is_that_so wrote: »
    14 points is promotion! A win tonight would make that 11 points.

We won't need 14 points, that much you can be sure of. I would say 9 points will be plenty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    We won't need 14 points, that much you can be sure of. I would say 9 points will be plenty.

I think if leeds get to 83, brentford wont get to that. A possibility that 80 might be enough, but that could be tight. Will be interesting to see how WBA go now, can see them dropping points again

maximoose wrote: »

I thought LUTV was geo-blocked in Ireland?

I thought LUTV was geo-blocked in Ireland?

No if a midweek game isnt on sky, then it should work. And think cos of everything that has gone on, its allowed be available the whole time

• Advertisement

Mushy wrote: »
    No if a midweek game isnt on sky, then it should work. And think cos of everything that has gone on, its allowed be available the whole time

Ah perfect...Purchased...:)

Amazon back filming

Meslier, Ayling, White, Cooper, Dallas, Phillips, Klich, Harrison, Costa, Roberts, Bamford

Miazek, Berardi, Alioski, Douglas, Struijk, Shackleton, Gotts, Poveda, Hernandez

What time does it normally start on LUTV?

Working on App, but not on my laptop

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

What time does it normally start on LUTV?

Working on App, but not on my laptop

Wasn't working on chrome for me. Worked straight away on Microsoft Edge (never used it before). Used chrome and selected 'cast from desktop' to watch on the tv from Edge.

blaa85 wrote: »
    Wasn't working on chrome for me. Worked straight away on Microsoft Edge (never used it before). Used chrome and selected 'cast from desktop' to watch on the tv from Edge.

I had to change my cookie setting on chrome...And casting perfectly now from Chrome

518380.png

Just allow anything on the block list and it worked for me

We have been poor, no real ideas.
    Get Pablo on at half time again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭Pandiani

We waste every single corner we get. They are shambolic.

Pandiani wrote: »
    We waste every single corner we get. They are shambolic.

So much so for all the work analyzing goals from corners during the break

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

BSK wrote: »
    Amazon back filming

Excuse my ignorance, filming what ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement