Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

Wouldn't mind a similar second half to Saturday. Hopefully we get Alioski and Hernandez on ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Excuse my ignorance, filming what ?

I imagine a follow up piece to the documentary in case we crumble from this point onwards.
    :pac:

LUTV's alright so it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Another Wigan ..:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

For **** sake

White poor for the goal tbh

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Get Pablo on ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

1 shot, 1 goal

Infuriating

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Luton not sitting back yet. Open game if we get going. Pablo has Plenty of time. Fingers crossed!

Luton not sitting back yet. Open game if we get going. Pablo has Plenty of time. Fingers crossed!

Get iiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnn!!!!!!!

Dallas one of the few with some f*cking bottle

• Advertisement

Desperately need a winner though.
    Costa hasn't been great again

Player of the year tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Bamford...WTF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Jesus Bamford, that’s just shocking, when he is bad he is real bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,024 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Bamford is the weak link.

I'm more disappointed with Costa and Harrison. Just no threat at all

Penalty surely

Bamford is the weak link.

100% it’s not for lack of effort, it’s just a lack of quality, he really isn’t good enough to be main striker week in week out

We really love to block our goal bound shots, jesus

event wrote: »
    Penalty surely

It’s the type that would be given against Cooper and we’d be very frustrated by. They are given though

• Advertisement

Aaaaand he's pulled his hammy :(

Kind of shocking Bamford gets 90 mins, Gotts ???

Costa header at the end. Ffs

Wtf, the worst header ever lol, comical stuff
    Ah well, a point is a point

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Seriously...Are we really going to have to spend 15 million on Costa if we get up...Absolutely dreadful tonight even before he messed up that great chance

On to Blackburn - gap down to 6

I was praying for a point when we were down 1-0, so I can live with that. Bamford and Costa should have their wages docked for that though, Harrison and Aloski with crosses that strikers would die for.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

The 2 “efforts” at headers by Bamford and Costa....sweet baby Jesus.

Pat and Costa blaming the floodlights for those misses?!

Imagine...we don't go up because the floodlights were too bright tonight

• Advertisement

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Seriously...Are we really going to have to spend 15 million on Costa if we get up...Absolutely dreadful tonight even before he messed up that great chance

Maybe whatever lawyer we use to try and get out of the JKA deal will do a two for one offer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

At 0-1 I was fearing the worst. I'll take a point, keep it ticking over. Adds to the nerves though

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

That was pretty frustrating stuff. Whatever about Bamford, we all know his weaknesses at this stage, but Costa was the real problem for me tonight. He made some good runs when he had the ball, but you just knew every single time it would come to nothing. He holds onto it for too long instead of offloading the ball before he runs into two or three defenders, and you can't do that against a team like Luton who are packing the defence. Looking at his performances this season I'd say Wolves can't believe their luck that they'll be pocketing £15m shortly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭adaminho

Pat and Costa blaming the floodlights for those misses?!

Imagine...we don't go up because the floodlights were too bright tonight

I can remember going out of Europe when they went in Lukics eyes vs Rangers!

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    This Tweet has fair taken the air out of my optimistic bubble!

https://twitter.com/JRCooper26/status/1277882663626584064?s=20

Given that record, 'twas a great result!

Costa 15m
    Harrison 8m (good deal)
    JKA 18m

40m just to keep the squad together. Can't see us spending a whole pile more of we go up

• Advertisement

Phil Hay was tweeting today that they will likely terminate the JKA loan (wasn’t aware that was an option)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,024 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

6 points safe with 18 to play for. 5 if we count Brentfords goal difference. We need a few more wins.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

event wrote: »
    Costa 15m
    Harrison 8m (good deal)
    JKA 18m

40m just to keep the squad together. Can't see us spending a whole pile more of we go up

Harrison is definitely the best money spent out of those three. It makes him look like a bargain at that price.

It's hard to even think of Harrison as a Man City player on loan, he seems fully invested in Leeds and Bielsa and, promotion or not, they should sign him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

It's a real shame that we don't get some return from improving a loanee like White. Of course, there aren't many loanee's who turn out to be a class abovetheir expected level.

• Advertisement

Just read there that Augustin has been back in full training, I know Bielsa has his ways and has been successful and there could be more to it but my god if ever we needed that little bit of quality or somebody that could offer a bit of spark up front, now is the time.
    Especially with the ability to make 5 subs, 20 mins at least, if I have to watch the ball bounce off Bamford one more time Iam going to cry, if we manage to mess this up, it will be solely down to wastefulness in front of goal.
    Leeds are pretty easy to set up against, park the bus and counter attack, our lack of creativity and finishing is our Achilles heel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Effort = 10/10

Creativity = 2/10

Finishing gilt edge chances = 0/10

Yeah that one is done but I'd be unsure how he will do in the PL. Not sure he has what it takes, but he is young. (this is about Harrison)
    One thing I am worried about is that a lot of our midfielders are small. Need a bit more physicality

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,896 ✭✭✭Hijpo

What I'm worried about is the fact that teams only need two or three chances to score but we need seventeen and thirteen corners.

We will get absolutely annihilated by premier teams because they do have the caliber in front of goal.

I'd presume if Leeds go up they'll move for Watkins, or a striker from a club coming down, Wilson, Bowen, Pukki etc.

Checked the league after 40 games last year. We were a point better off on 76, but in 3rd place. 1 point behind Sheff Utd, and 8 behind Norwich.

That was before the Brentford / Wigan disaster.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

You would also have to marvel at how well opposition keepers start playing against us. World class saves at times, yet they make it look effortless. Almost as effortless as Bamford and Costa make headers......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

I'd presume if Leeds go up they'll move for Watkins, or a striker from a club coming down, Wilson, Bowen, Pukki etc.

They have too... Bamford is not good enough for PL and Augustin is unproven.

whiterebel wrote: »
    You would also have to marvel at how well opposition keepers start playing against us. World class saves at times, yet they make it look effortless. Almost as effortless as Bamford and Costa make headers......

Yeah exactly. For all the justified complaints about Bamford and Costa's misses, their keeper made a huge number of saves when we were pounding their goal.

Our corners are just bloody frustrating though - we must have one of the lowest scoring percentages in the EFL.

whiterebel wrote: »
    You would also have to marvel at how well opposition keepers start playing against us. World class saves at times

Ah yes, the Keiren Westwood effect. Happens all too frequently!

Will be stewing on last night till 3pm Saturday. At least a defeat was turned into a draw, maybe in contrast to how it might have gone last season.

Contrary to popular opinion before the restart - looking at you Adam Forshaw - it will certainly not be a formality. They will not romp it. Just have to hope the minimum required points can be scraped together to stay in the top 2, and the unpredictable nature of the Championship equally affects the likes of Brentford and the chasing pack :(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement