Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

Phil reporting that JKA's loan is not being extended to cover the rest of the season. I doubt he would have had any minutes anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Just on the corners, this was all too predictable (and predicated before the season). We relied heavily on Pontus last season from corners and his ariel threat was not replaced during the summer. We're very light in the air.
    The positive is that we are 3 games closer to the end of the season and the closing pack have only closed the gap by 1 point - and we will remain clear top of the table. But form is certainly a concern.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,078 ✭✭✭✭event

Just read there that Augustin has been back in full training, I know Bielsa has his ways and has been successful and there could be more to it but my god if ever we needed that little bit of quality or somebody that could offer a bit of spark up front, now is the time.
    Especially with the ability to make 5 subs, 20 mins at least, if I have to watch the ball bounce off Bamford one more time Iam going to cry, if we manage to mess this up, it will be solely down to wastefulness in front of goal.
    Leeds are pretty easy to set up against, park the bus and counter attack, our lack of creativity and finishing is our Achilles heel.

If its that simple, why dont every team do it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

event wrote: »

Most do...

Cardiff (who played well) caught us on the hop twice - the first goal came from nowhere (albeit a mistake from Kalvin). But it was against run of play.

That's the difference, Cardiff had a few chances but were clinical on two occasions resulting in goals. Leeds had 600 corners last night, amounting to nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

As Keyzar said, most do or adopt a strong version of parking the bus. I’ve watched nearly every game this season and when teams start to go toe to toe with us is when they get caught out, we are so quick on the break and with space extremely good.
    It’s when all that space is shut off is the problem, we lack the creativity to break teams down unless Pablo is on form, even then he needs others to finish the job.
    Then we usually have one or two complete brain farts by a player which nearly always seems to get finished.

It’s not all doom and gloom, this style obviously works given our position but the fact that we still have this massive obvious gaping hole in the team is very frustrating.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    Just on the corners, this was all too predictable (and predicated before the season). We relied heavily on Pontus last season from corners and his ariel threat was not replaced during the summer. We're very light in the air.
    The positive is that we are 3 games closer to the end of the season and the closing pack have only closed the gap by 1 point - and we will remain clear top of the table. But form is certainly a concern.

We don’t have the height in central defence to offer problems at corners. Last night once we lost Cooper, you saw the lack of inches that Berardi brings to defence. White isn’t that tall either, so corners aren’t going to be a strong point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

blaa85 wrote: »
    Phil reporting that JKA's loan is not being extended to cover the rest of the season. I doubt he would have had any minutes anyway.
    £4m in wages for about 50 minutes of play. They'll have to look at the "obligation to buy".

Keyzer wrote: »
    Most do...

Cardiff (who played well) caught us on the hop twice - the first goal came from nowhere (albeit a mistake from Kalvin). But it was against run of play.

That's the difference, Cardiff had a few chances but were clinical on two occasions resulting in goals. Leeds had 600 corners last night, amounting to nothing.

Most dont. We are top of the league with the joint best defence

Most dont. We are top of the league with the joint best defence

Slice it any way you wan't but our conversion rate is dreadful, currently at 12.4%. That's based on 482 total shots at goal (over 100 more than the next highest team) yielding 60 goals. That's a paltry return.

If the league were based on conversion rates, we'd be second from bottom.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/chancenverwertung/wettbewerb/GB2

• Advertisement

West Brom 2-0 up and looking like a win. Psychologically good to see Brentford being kept at bay.

Slice it any way you wan't but our conversion rate is dreadful, currently at 12.4%. That's based on 482 total shots at goal (over 100 more than the next highest team) yielding 60 goals. That's a paltry return.

If the league were based on conversion rates, we'd be second from bottom.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/chancenverwertung/wettbewerb/GB2

And if my granny had wheels she'd be a bike.

My point was originally against one of the lads who said we are easy to set up against. It's not that easy to set up against us cos not many teams have done it.

Jesus lads, if this is what we are like when we are top of the league and 6 points clear of 3rd with 6 games to go I can't imagine the misery when we are 17th next year with a few games to go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,046 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

is_that_so wrote: »
    West Brom 2-0 up and looking like a win. Psychologically good to see Brentford being kept at bay.

Brentford are a confidence team like us. That WBA win tonight will put the wobblies into them.

Jesus lads, if this is what we are like when we are top of the league and 6 points clear of 3rd with 6 games to go I can't imagine the misery when we are 17th next year with a few games to go

Yes, a bit pessimistic alright...

As it stands, we need 4 wins and a draw from the next 6 matches to assure automatic promotion. But if there's one club who can make a balls of this it us - I sincerely hope they don't.

Until I know were mathematically guaranteed promotion, I'll stay glass half empty.

Brentford are a confidence team like us. That WBA win tonight will put the wobblies into them.
    To have a realistic chance at an automatic spot they also need to win all of their games. That will be a 10 match winning streak, quite a challenge normally, but given how many games are going to be played by Wednesday fortnight an even tougher proposition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,542 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

And if my granny had wheels she'd be a bike.

My point was originally against one of the lads who said we are easy to set up against. It's not that easy to set up against us cos not many teams have done it.

Forget 17th, try 21st!!!

• Advertisement

Hope Wigan take a few points off Brentford on Saturday. They are getting docked 12 points, they'll need it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

£4m in wages for about 50 minutes of play. They'll have to look at the "obligation to buy".

According to Phil Hay on Twitter, the obligation to buy still remains. He's not sure what the club intend to do about it.

Kingp35 wrote: »
    According to Phil Hay on Twitter, the obligation to buy still remains. He's not sure what the club intend to do about it.

Could they say they didn't get the email and it must have gone into the spam folder?

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,343 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

The Premier League are already looking for ways to pick on us before we even get promoted

https://twitter.com/apopey/status/1278621049446432769

We will be buying him lads, cant see otherwise. If we dont, it'll go to FIFA and we'll probably have to pay 10m or something. An absolute lunatic deal tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

We will be buying him lads, cant see otherwise. If we dont, it'll go to FIFA and we'll probably have to pay 10m or something. An absolute lunatic deal tbh

Just offer he peanuts for wages, or has the contract already been signed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭championc

Reject the goods on the basis of them being "not fit for purpose"

It's a pity we didn't just keep Roofe. What did we sell him for, 7m or so? Can only imagine the goals he would have tucked away this year from our chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

blaa85 wrote: »
    It's a pity we didn't just keep Roofe. What did we sell him for, 7m or so? Can only imagine the goals he would have tucked away this year from our chances.

Indeed.

The club left it too long to renew his contract, but maybe felt it was justified because of his injury record and inconsistency before Bielsa.

In any case, once Anderlecht entered with a 50K a week offer, it was never going to be possible to keep him.

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Just offer he peanuts for wages, or has the contract already been signed

Already agreed.

Its either pay up or a big payoff

Blackburn will unfortunately be missing 6 key players and while you don't want to celebrate misfortune it should leave Leeds better-placed to take the win.

Interesting interview with Radz on all things Leeds.

https://www.professionalfootballjournal.fifa.com/interview-andrea-radrizzani

What will happen with JKA is:

a) We sign him, he is still a donkey and one of the biggest wastes of space ever
    b) We dont sign him but we have to pay a penalty fee. He signs for someone else, gets fit and is one of the best signings of the year

Typical leeds :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Interesting interview with Radz on all things Leeds.

https://www.professionalfootballjournal.fifa.com/interview-andrea-radrizzani

"We have a history of being Dirty Leeds and we channel that"

:-D fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

6 points clear with 6 games to go and I am an anxious wreck , isn't this supposed to be fun ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,343 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

6 points clear with 6 games to go and I am an anxious wreck , isn't this supposed to be fun ?

Who told you that? Wasn't a Leeds fan, that's for sure.

Enjoy the ride

:pac:

Honestly I'll have a meltdown if we lose tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Enjoy the ride

+1 ... And if we win I'll be on here saying WGUAFC again! :pac:

Enjoy the ride

Blackburn have lost their last two games, to Wigan and Barnsley.

On paper, we should win comfortably. In reality, we'll lose 1-0 with 99% possession.

Hopefully I'm wrong and we win 25 nil.

Blackburn have lost their last two games, to Wigan and Barnsley.

On paper, we should win comfortably. In reality, we'll lose 1-0 with 99% possession.

Hopefully I'm wrong and we win 25 nil.

1-0 with their only shot on goal, we'll trounce them on the corner count though :pac:

Blackburn need a win to keep any play-off hopes alive after those defeats, it could be a slog. Wigan and Barnsley are in decent form though, with 9 and 7 points since the restart. Both play Brentford (Wigan tomorrow) so might do us a favour!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭Hijpo

I wonder which Bamford will tog off this time?
    His confidence must be in pieces after the miss against Luton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,286 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Is anyone else in this thread just in case it all falls apart or just me?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Lads anywhere in Dublin showing the match later apart from the Camden?

1-0 with their only shot on goal, we'll trounce them on the corner count though :pac:

Blackburn need a win to keep any play-off hopes alive after those defeats, it could be a slog. Wigan and Barnsley are in decent form though, with 9 and 7 points since the restart. Both play Brentford (Wigan tomorrow) so might do us a favour!

Brentford have no trouble putting small teams like that away, they just stuff them it seems:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

My Saturday is going well thus far...

Got some driving practice in
    Got the shopping done
    Just have a lovely pastrami Sambo and a feed of tea
    Now do I order the match on LUTV and ruin an otherwise good Saturday

Alioski and Douglas starting

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Is Costa injured?

whiterebel wrote: »
    Is Costa injured?

Dont think so, but not on bench either

They said Costa has a slight knee injury I think but I honestly prefer Alioski right now, he is a bit wild but he will give it 110%, I think he will do well

Get it Bamford

• Advertisement

Get in!!! 6th minute

Great pressure form us from the start
    Blackburn look very positive as well, they will really have to push now and we look sharp on the break, good game

Think was a foul but nice to get a call go leeds way

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,025 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Pitch is playing very slow. Looks like there will be plenty of opportunities as Blackburn seem to be pressing a bit compared to other sides

What a miss from Gallagher, wow

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement