Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

I'd never been in there before, but the Camden was a decent spot for the match on Saturday. Plenty of screens showing the LUTV stream and decent amount of Leeds fans in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

event wrote: »
    Stoke and Swansea games this week on TV lads

I’ve been taking the full days off work to watch games since the restart, it’s a great excuse to not work

You feel like a Leeds win and Brentford slip up would edge us over the line but taking nothing for granted, Brentford just won’t go away, it’s really impressive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

I’ve been taking the full days off work to watch games since the restart, it’s a great excuse to not work

You feel like a Leeds win and Brentford slip up would edge us over the line but taking nothing for granted, Brentford just won’t go away, it’s really impressive.

Brentford are doing really well.

Its funny, I see them as our main threat - I barely pay attention to WBA.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Derby are another team in real form - hopefully they can do us a favour by taking points off WBA and Brentford so that we're in the clear before we meet them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    Derby are another team in real form - hopefully they can do us a favour by taking points off WBA and Brentford so that we're in the clear before we meet them!

Was thinking that myself. Sitting in 7th place, they should have a real go at it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

maximoose wrote: »
    I'd never been in there before, but the Camden was a decent spot for the match on Saturday. Plenty of screens showing the LUTV stream and decent amount of Leeds fans in

Yea i was there on Saturday , very impressed with the set up , table beside us asked for the Man Utd commentary and were told where to go :D

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Jimmy Two Times

Much relief all round on Saturday.

In fairness, before the Cardiff game if we'd been offered 7 points from 12 we'd have jumped at it.

No one could have predicted how well Brentford have done, especially in this cluster**** of a league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

Keyzer wrote: »

They are flying but they wont win their next 5. No way are they winning 9 games in a row. And yeah, I dont care about 1st or 2nd. Winning the league means feck all

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I've given up caring what WBA do, they can win the league or come second, it doesn't matter as long as we fill the other spot. All my attention is focused on Brentford now, and if they hadn't screwed up against Derby I'd be keeping a closer eye on Forest.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

They are flying but they wont win their next 5. No way are they winning 9 games in a row. And yeah, I dont care about 1st or 2nd. Winning the league means feck all

Why wouldn't they ?

• Advertisement

I just dont see it. They will pick up an injury or a suspension, or a dodgy decision will go against them. I honestly dont see the fuss about them, bar the 3 up front. Winning 9 in a row in such a short space of time after so long out, wont happen IMO

Why wouldn't they ?

Laws of average. The championship is possibly the most unpredictable league going - no way one team will win 9 in a row at the end of the season, especially when playing so many matches in quick succession following such a long break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,024 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Pity Villa didn't carry that form over to the Premier League. They can still avoid the drop, but only just.

Pity Villa didn't carry that form over to the Premier League. They can still avoid the drop, but only just.

I hope not. 2 points from 5 games since the restart isn't the sort of form that will save them. And they still have to play Man Utd and Arsenal, and finish the season away to West Ham who could still be looking for points at that stage themselves. Villa are doomed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

They splurged but didn't buy very well and have a manager who's just not up to the level. Can't see him surviving regardless. I think their chances of staying up are less than 50/50, given their fixture list. Watford do have a slightly easier run-in.

Zaph wrote: »
    I hope not. 2 points from 5 games since the restart isn't the sort of form that will save them. And they still have to play Man Utd and Arsenal, and finish the season away to West Ham who could still be looking for points at that stage themselves. Villa are doomed.

Good, I never really bothered about them before but I absolutely detest the c's since last April. I'd love to see them go down again and then suffer a Bolton.

I always liked Villa over the years, or at least appreciated they were a huge club.

But that ground sale stroke was as financial fraud, if they and Derby go into meltdown I think all fans of football will enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

There's no reason why they can't. They have goal scorers oozing with confidence.

The only thing is that teams who may be expecting to get beaten may just say "fook it, go for it".

But Blackburn was a timely confidence booster for us ...... I hope

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Fingers crossed Derby have a good week. Could do us a massive favour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭jacool

Charlton haven't
    a) lost since the return
    b) conceded since the return
    Hoping that they might sit in tonight and make the Bees suffer.
    Pitches are only 15 miles apart so hoping that means Charlton, who need the points as well, will be up for it.
    Can Lee Bowyer do Leeds a favour?

Brentford haven't
    a) lost since the return
    b) conceded since the return

The only difference I can see is Brentford have scored 9 goals to Charlton's 1.

WBA play before Leeds as well. There will some pressure on Thursday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

Barnsley game moved to 5pm Thursday 16th for Sky.

Derby match also moved back a day to Sunday 19th, ko tbc

Means we play after everyone else...again. Don't like that at all, added pressure if Brentford in particular continue to steamroll teams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,024 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Good, I never really bothered about them before but I absolutely detest the c's since last April. I'd love to see them go down again and then suffer a Bolton.

Yeah totally agree, Villa and Derby did us no favours last season and danced on our misfortune. We will remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Charlton take an early lead against Brentford

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

You could see that winner coming of course. On the run in, everything will usually conspire against Leeds.

You could see that winner coming of course. On the run in, everything will usually conspire against Leeds.

Fecking typical

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Fecking typical

Was it ever in question that all team's below Leeds would pick up superhuman form, just to squeeze Leeds out in the most painful of fashion, on the last day most probably?

Also, Leed's have Stoke next of course. Park the bus merchants. After Leeds miss 100 chances by a millimetre, where nothing will go right, Stoke will hit them on break or on a corner, and win the game with one chance. Not looking great

I wouldn't say anything is conspiring yet,they have to win all 12 points in their games just to have a chance of an automatic place. Leeds and West Brom need 10 and 11 respectively out of 15, so this could be academic before the last game. I reckon Derby is a very big game for Brentford.

So glad Brentford beat WBA a couple weeks ago...

• Advertisement

Barnsley game moved to 5pm Thursday 16th for Sky.

Derby match also moved back a day to Sunday 19th, ko tbc

Means we play after everyone else...again. Don't like that at all, added pressure if Brentford in particular continue to steamroll teams

Ah FFS. Thats my first wedding anniversary. Gonna be hard to explain to the wife that I need to watch a game of football and the result will either mean I am blind drunk at about 15:00 celebrating or in a sour mood not talking to anyone :pac:

Ah FFS. Thats my first wedding anniversary. Gonna be hard to explain to the wife that I need to watch a game of football and the result will either mean I am blind drunk at about 15:00 celebrating or in a sour mood not talking to anyone :pac:

In fairness, she knew what she was getting into and married you for better or for worse. Or you could get her involved in your interests. For example, my wife's Leeds jersey was delivered just this week and she has named her basil plant in the kitchen Bielsa. :D

Costa signs permanently

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Costa signs permanently

I like Costa, mixed opinions on him but I think he has bags of potential

Anytime I've seen him lately I've been very disappointed...might look good for 20 minutes and then disappears

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Baseball72

Fingers crossed Derby have a good week. Could do us a massive favour.

As a Derby fan, I hope we can take 4 points from the next two games, you guys get promoted in the meantime, then send a weakened team to PP on 19th to allow us get 3 points from you on the day - although we have a poor record against Leeds at PP in recent seasons.

Good luck for the rest of the matches - bar the 19th(!)- you're nearly there but certainly Brentford are looking like the real deal as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

At 26, I hope he starts fulfilling it pretty lively.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Sunday's game against Swansea is no longer on Sky, LUTV only

SKY TV IS F*CKING SH*T

Derby and Charlton will probably be picked now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

Just had a look, Stoke v Birmingham is on instead. That's some dose, you would be missing half the match with LUTVs replays. At least the other 3 are on Sky before the last game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Costa signs permanently

Mixed feelings on this signing - he's got talent, I just don't see a huge amount of end product. Harrison is a better player in my opinion.

• Advertisement

Ah ffs

On Costa, there is a reason that Wolves sold him. He is way too light for the PL and not consistent enough

Mixed feelings on this signing - he's got talent, I just don't see a huge amount of end product. Harrison is a better player in my opinion.

Agreed, Costa offers glimpses but not nearly enough. Harrison has been excellent this season and contributes a lot more to the team imho. That said, last season Harrison was a lot like Costa has been this season. So there is hope that the lad is learning all the time and with the right attitude can improve as Harrison has. We can only hope!
    I really thought Charlton were going to nick a point last night, the longer this goes on the more you fear Slim Charles might be right and that they are going to do a Villa on it! Still as others have said, it's still very much in our hands. A good win over Stoke and if Derby can take something from WBA, it would leave us in a very good place.

Whenever I see something like this "A friend of a friend says" I immediately dismiss it BUT, according to a friend of a friend who works at SKY in some cpacity ( I didn't enquire further) Apparently they can only show 6 of our games since the restart - hence the reason for cancelling the swansea game after last nights result, as they would prefer to show potential promotion games, of which Swansea will now not possibly be. So this would open up the avenue of being able to show both Derby & Charlton.

Knew they would, WBA beat Derby easy enough.
    Gonna have to do it all ourselves.

It might be hard to play after the others all the time but that has to be disheartening for the chasing pack, if we win. Phil Hay said a Brentford player text him asking how Leeds players coping. Has to be Jansen. Supposedly clear the air meeting last week after Luton has got us going again

Fully expect Derby to lay down for Brentford this weekend too, before turning up for their cup final Saturday week

It may be a byline to the real business but great news about the academy becoming Category 1!

https://trainingground.guru/articles/leeds-united-awarded-category-one-status-on-landmark-day

Thats brilliant news

is_that_so wrote: »
    It may be a byline to the real business but great news about the academy becoming Category 1!

https://trainingground.guru/articles/leeds-united-awarded-category-one-status-on-landmark-day

From the Athletic
    The appointment of Marcelo Bielsa as head coach two years ago led to further upgrades of their Thorp Arch training ground in Wetherby, about 20 miles north east of Leeds. The changes Bielsa insisted on prompted the club to bring forward a plan to seek category one status once they had relocated to a proposed new base in the city centre.

This guy :)

Bricking it for this evening. Stoke can just sit back like Luton and try to snatch something on the counter. Could struggle to break them down, hope Pablo starts.

It's going to be one hell of a ride from here to the end of the season the way things are panning out. For the next 3 fixtures we will already know in advance what Brentford and WBA have done. If we lose (or even draw) any of these matches it could leave us under serious pressure. It's stating the obvious but a win tonight would give us a serious boost and give Brentford a real blow - they're starting to believe so it would be great to deflate that bubble this evening.
    God this league....

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement