Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

It’s very like Cardiff in the first game back which is worrying. We’re very sloppy in midfield

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Our passing is so loose

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

Hopefully Pablo comes on now and sorts out the passing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Enter El magico

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Definitely need Pablo on. We're trying too many long balls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

He's on, Roberts off. Roberts has been awful since the restart

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Dreadful game of football in the first half... hopefully Pablo can make an impact.

How many have we missed from point blank range ffs

How.....

• Advertisement

Another case of their goalkeeper turning world class against Leeds. Albeit the header could have been more into the corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

That miss looks worse and worse every replay

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

We could do with replacing Costa and Klich, neither are in any way effective today

I’d get Poveda on for Costa potentially, or some other bit of fresh legs anyway.

PAAAAABLLLLOOOOOO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

YYYYYYYEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Hernandez...giphy.gif

Paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaablooooooooooo

event wrote: »
    He's the best player in the league

Just need to hold on now, but the way things have been today I'm not confident we can do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Ohhhhhh holy Jebus, wow !!!!

• Advertisement

YYYEEEEEEEEOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW

My poor nerves

Oh my ****ing goodness!!! I'm in tears

Pablo <3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Thank god for that:D Big 3 points

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

My nerves are frigging shredded......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Terrific result, a good weekend for usðŸ˜. Mathematically were nearly so close

We need 4 from the last 9 available. We don’t deserve Pablo, what a man. Even the determination at the end there just before the full time whistle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

whiterebel wrote: »
    My nerves are frigging shredded......

😠same here but after following Leeds for 40 + years I'm surprised I have any left.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭OutTheGap

Massive win today. Well done lads.
    Two wins in games against Barnsley, Derby(a) and Charlton will see us up. So close now.

We got this !!!!!!

• Advertisement

I'd say Pablo's goal felt like a right kick in the nuts for the Brentford players.

OutTheGap wrote: »
    Massive win today. Well done lads.
    Two wins in games against Barnsley, Derby(a) and Charlton will see us up. So close now.

A win and a draw, so more room for error. Win Thursday though and then itll be fun

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭BSK

It’s happening lads. Thursday night we could be Premier League :)

BSK wrote: »
    It’s happening lads. Thursday night we could be Premier League :)

Shut up.....
    I actually will miss this to be honest, I’ve loved the championship!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

West Brom will be a bag of nerves in their final games

Hopefully Fulham beat West Brom now. Keep West Brom battling it out with the other 2 below

I've a wedding to go to Thursday. First time to leave the little one overnight, and it could be topped off by this, tuesday/Wednesday results dependant. This could be fun!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

Hopefully Fulham beat West Brom now. Keep West Brom battling it out with the other 2 below

When it comes down to it though, I'd much rather see WBA go up. Those pri1cks don't deserve anything after that show a couple years with the diving and headbutting, all of which typically went unpunished.

When it comes down to it though, I'd much rather see WBA go up. Those pri1cks don't deserve anything after that show a couple years with the diving and headbutting, all of which typically went unpunished.

Me too but Im just thinking of the goal difference if it came down to it. We have a better goal difference than West Brom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

is_that_so wrote: »

This makes me very very excited !!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

In other news, is that Kiko's ban completed??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

In other news, is that Kiko's ban completed??
    The ban is up but can't see him playing again. In all likelihood he'll go back to Spain.

Pablo Hernandez: “I celebrated a lot because it is such an important goal... the three points are for everybody, the fans, the club but especially for Jack Charlton.” #lufc

Pablo is a class act in many ways

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭adaminho

Phil hay in the Athletic yesterday
    And in West Brom’s eyes, Brentford more than Leeds were the team to worry about. It is a sporting example of that old saying: don’t worry about outrunning the bear. Just outrun the person sprinting next to you. “

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

We need 4 from the last 9 available. We don’t deserve Pablo, what a man. Even the determination at the end there just before the full time whistle.

Pablo is a gem. We absolutely do deserve him though, we've suffered long enough, it's our turn at last. It was quite emotional today given the loss of Big Jack. As Bielsa said though, this isn't the final emotion yet. Hopefully it will be come Thursday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

I feel it's somewhat bizarre that while Charlton holds the club record of appearences (and something I was unaware of), I feel you really don't hear much about him, with "past greats" only seeming to really encompass Charles, Brenner, Lorimer, Gray, Hunter, and possibly Strachan, Speed, McAlister and Batty.

You'd assume that it's because of defenders vs goal scorers, but Charltons 96 goals was a very good return for a centre back.

And even back then, I'm sure that one club players were an absolute rarity. Is Gary Kelly our only one since ?

championc wrote: »
    I feel it's somewhat bizarre that while Charlton holds the club record of appearences (and something I was unaware of), I feel you really don't hear much about him, with "past greats" only seeming to really encompass Charles, Brenner, Lorimer, Gray, Hunter, and possibly Strachan, Speed, McAlister and Batty.

Charles and Bremner stand out on their own.

Lorimer, Gray and Hunter had an association with Leeds United in various roles for decades after they retired which may have kept them more "relevant" than Charlton, Giles, Clarke, Madeley etc.

Incidentally I'd have 2 more before McAllister from the post Revie era...Radebe and Martyn. Martyn is the one player from the modern era who invariably makes every "best ever Leeds team" selection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭jacool

This "ominous" quote from SkySports "Leeds had not won in Swansea since April 1964 - a 3-0 victory in which Jack Charlton featured - but that was possibly a good omen as they were promoted into the top flight as second-tier champions that season."

jacool wrote: »
    This "ominous" quote from SkySports "Leeds had not won in Swansea since April 1964 - a 3-0 victory in which Jack Charlton featured - but that was possibly a good omen as they were promoted into the top flight as second-tier champions that season."

And leeds won second division last time liverpool won first division.

Still buzzing after yesterday. Win 3 games in a row with that pressure is a great sign, and must have been a kick in the teeth for Brentford, although moreso the manner of the win. Any result for Preston on Wednesday will be enough to effectively guarantee promotion.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement