Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭Helium

Only saw this for first time today. Says a lot about the high esteem he's held in worldwide.

I just hope things going well, he'll stay to have a crack at premier league.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1168607484673757184

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Cardiff go 2-1 up against Derby. Potentially significant for us, Derby will be out of playoff contention for our game if they lose tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

davedanon wrote: »
    Cardiff go 2-1 up against Derby. Potentially significant for us, Derby will be out of playoff contention for our game if they lose tonight.

Yeah but coming into a cup final on the back of 3 defeats...I'd lump on them

Mushy wrote: »
    Yeah but coming into a cup final on the back of 3 defeats...I'd lump on them

A cup final. You mean, playing us? Hardly. I'll take them with nothing to play for, I think.

A cup final. You mean, playing us? Hardly. I'll take them with nothing to play for, I think.

Oh itll only be a cup final for Derby, not like theyd try against other teams.

Just realised, if WBA drop points friday, and brentford tomorrow alongside a leeds win, means be champions before that game

• Advertisement

2-1 FT. So Derby are 6 points off the playoffs with 2 games left, and a much inferior GD to Cardiff in 6th. They now have nothing to play for against us now. A good day for us, with WBA dropping points. Now let's hope Brentford's unlikely run hits a speedbump tomorrow.

Mushy wrote: »
    Oh itll only be a cup final for Derby, not like theyd try against other teams.

Just realised, if WBA drop points friday, and brentford tomorrow alongside a leeds win, means be champions before that game

A guard of honour from Frank Lampard's Wayne Rooney's Derby County would be nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,024 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

A guard of honour from Frank Lampard's Wayne Rooney's Derby County would be nice.

Derby's celebrations last year taunting Leeds misfortunes deserve a similar reaction this time. They went way too far. Screwed up tthen in the final. Ha ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

Would help with the play-offs PTSD

Derby's celebrations last year taunting Leeds misfortunes deserve a similar reaction this time. They went way too far. Screwed up tthen in the final. Ha ha.

It was mainly Lampard.

What would be more satisfying than beating Derby is going up and beating his overrated brittle Chelsea multi millionaires...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

Would be a great ending for the sequel to that Amazon documentary anyway.

Piece in the Athletic today by Phil Hay.

https://theathletic.com/1925195/?redirected=1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Shlippery

We've been through it all together,
    And we've had our ups and downs

^ some might say, the understatement of the century.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

3 points tomorrow night and one will do against Derby. Why kick teams who have nothing to play for? Assuming the season ends on Sunday I'd like to see us do Lee Boyer a favour, if he needs it in the last game!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

is_that_so wrote: »
    3 points tomorrow night and one will do against Derby. Why kick teams who have nothing to play for? Assuming the season ends on Sunday I'd like to see us do Lee Boyer a favour, if he needs it in the last game!

If we are up and champions by the last day, put our the kids to give Bowyer's boys a better chance

I liked Bowyer as a footballer.

Then I think of the person who racially abused staff in a MacDonalds and kinda screwed Leeds over on the transfer fee front, handing in a transfer request because he objected to being fined, not going to Liverpool who were offering 10 million and heading off to West Ham on a free.

So wouldn't be that bothered to see him and Charlton relegated. Plus I can remember their play off win at St. Andrews...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Bowyer, decent player on the pitch - did well for Leeds during his time.

At the time, a scumbag off it. I wouldn't have any sympathy for him...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    If we are up and champions by the last day, put our the kids to give Bowyer's boys a better chance

Chances of Bielsa doing this are fairly slim I’d say.

Part of me wants to see Brentford keep on winning, it’s a great story

But the kids are schooled in Bielsaball as well...may not improve Charlton's chances!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

Beware since Derby have nothing to play for - a team then with absolutely no pressure to do anything, can be dangerous

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

Yeah I'd give Bowyer nothing tbh. Good player but an awful human being who screwed us over in the end

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

I liked Bowyer as a footballer.

Then I think of the person who racially abused staff in a MacDonalds and kinda screwed Leeds over on the transfer fee front, handing in a transfer request because he objected to being fined, not going to Liverpool who were offering 10 million and heading off to West Ham on a free.

So wouldn't be that bothered to see him and Charlton relegated. Plus I can remember their play off win at St. Andrews...

I dont think that was a racist thing in McDonalds to be fair just drunk as a skunk, I might be wrong but I cant recall there ever being a racial aspect to that.

nah there was, he called them a paki

Chances of Bielsa doing this are fairly slim I’d say.

Part of me wants to see Brentford keep on winning, it’s a great story

One of the lads on The Square Ball podcast had a good one. He said "I hope Brentford win ALL their games and still finish f*cking third".

Which would be kind of funny. Although I wouldn't mind them going up, they play nice football.

championc wrote: »
    Beware since Derby have nothing to play for - a team then with absolutely no pressure to do anything, can be dangerous

This is sort of illogical. A team with something to play for will bust a gut, but a team with nothing but summer holidays to look forward to will relax and play like Gods? Nah.

Preston lasted 3 mins

Brentford already ahead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭jacool

1-0 already

I dont think that was a racist thing in McDonalds to be fair just drunk as a skunk, I might be wrong but I cant recall there ever being a racial aspect to that.

He threw chairs around and said he would not be served by a "fxxxxxg Pxxi"...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Lads this Brentford side mean business and no one can say they lack bottle...

No they are a good team. I do think they'd struggle in the top flight though. But their attacking 3 are brilliant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭jacool

Team P GD Pts
    1 Leeds Utd. 43 35 84
    2 West Brom 44 33 82
    3 Brentford 44 44 81

As it stands.

The next 50 hours could be something spectacular!

I stand corrected on the Bowyer incident, I genuinely couldn't remember that aspect of the McDonalds story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,024 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Squeaky bum time for West Brom. Only a point in it and Brentford have +11 goal difference. We need to beat Barnsley to be comfortable.

Squeaky bum time for West Brom. Only a point in it and Brentford have +11 goal difference.
    I think they will take Huddersfield. They don't deserve promotion if they can't!

• Advertisement

is_that_so wrote: »
    I think they will take Huddersfield. They don't deserve promotion if they can't!

They would still need to beat QPR with the run the headbutters are on

Meanwhile Charlton would probably be safe with a win, with the ever reliable Birmingham looking to give up more points. Good news for the final match!

They would still need to beat QPR with the run the headbutters are on
    True but it's a home game, if that's of any use!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

One of the lads on The Square Ball podcast had a good one. He said "I hope Brentford win ALL their games and still finish f*cking third".

Which would be kind of funny. Although I wouldn't mind them going up, they play nice football.

You know if this those happen and there is a decent chance it could, it could very well be one of those scenarios where they hit a small dip in form and come up against a Cardiff team or someone that just get it all together for a few games, we all know as Leeds fans how cruel that stuff is.
    Feeling way too calm about tomorrow, I don’t like it !

Much respect for Brentford, they have turned into a solid unit who are a force to be reckoned with going forward. I've been saying to my bro (also a Leeds fan) that Brentford will pip WBA for 2nd spot.

But enough about them...

Barnsley.

On paper its 95-nil to Leeds.

In reality, I'm hoping the lads go out and destroy them. They know they need to win and need to get the job done, nearly there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Well those predictions (mine very much included) that 83-84 points would see us promoted are proving wrong due to the incredible run put together by Brentford. Fair play to them, it's very impressive. 87 points might not even guarantee promotion this year. I do think the lads have switched on following the shaky restart and the focus appears to be there to get the job done. Hopefully an early goal tonight should see us win comfortably but derbies generally aren't comfortable!

Aye - and lets not forget Barnsley are fighting for their lives.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Something positive for us to focus on. I know, easier said than done...

https://twitter.com/8Yards8Feet/status/1283463874835099648

Feeling sick

Away game was shaky enough iirc

Please Leeds get it done

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I'm running out of supplies of brown underwear......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

Barnsley can't afford to sit back (unless they score first), they have Forest and Brentford after us.

I can't believe this will be all over in under a week.

blaa85 wrote: »
    Barnsley can't afford to sit back (unless they score first), they have Forest and Brentford after us.

I can't believe this will be all over in under a week.
    Could be over by Sunday!

For the last three games (ever since the Luton draw) I've breathed a sight of relief after each win, with a feeling that everything was absolutely fine, only for the mortal terror to return before each succeeding game. And now, right on the brink.....it's exactly the same for Barnsley. All I can think of is......we'll be nervous.....they're fighting for their survival.....plus it's a Yorkshire derby, ffs.

Could be over by Saturday at 14:30 if we win today and Brentford drops point in the early game

A point is useless to Barnsley so they will need to attack somewhat. Could leave them very exposed at times, even if they will predominantly sit back. Even if get a draw, it's not much of a setback considering only need 4 points anyway

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement