Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,896 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Barnsley busting a gut to close spaces and track back.
    Definitely seem to be putting more effort in than us.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Here’s a strange move....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,024 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

The commentator is right. Who is top and who is bottom?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Harrison off for a CB?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

This is excruciating. Please get a second

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

I have no idea what the formation is, or who is playing in what position.

What are we doing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭jacool

5 across the back :(
    Inviting them on.

What a move !!!

Meslier, Struijk, Cooper, Berardi, Ayling, Dallas, White, Klich, Alioski, Pablo, Bamford,

• Advertisement

Bamford misses a sitter. Normal service resumed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Hinchcliffe is annoying.. Bamford did the right thing there, good save by the keeper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

event wrote: »
    Yeah Bamford showing what else he offers for the goal

And there's his worst side

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Bamford should have scored. Said that a few times this year

Hinchcliffe is annoying.. Bamford did the right thing there, good save by the keeper

Anywhere away from the keeper. Place it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

That wasn't a sitter, it was a decent effort and a good save.

What are Barnsley doing at the bottom of the league?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

When Pascal gave the ball away shortly after he came on....was that Struijk One ?

This is ridiculous. Christ almighty!!!!

Nobody marking up.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

davedanon wrote: »
    That wasn't a sitter, it was a decent effort and a good save.

What are Barnsley doing at the bottom of the league?

Beat Fulham twice, drew with WBA both times. Odd team.

Hernandez not happy at all

Nearly there. COME ON!

Done!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Doesn't come easy!

1 Point from 2 games. C’Mon Leeds!!!!

• Advertisement

Nearly there lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

Horrendous performance

Perfect result

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Shlippery

So if West Brom cock up tomorrow, it's done?

Otherwise we finish the job Sunday?

**** me.

jacool wrote: »
    Team P GD Pts
    1 Leeds Utd. 44 36 87
    2 West Brom 44 33 82
    3 Brentford 44 44 81

as it stands

1 point required, assuming the others keep winning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

That will do thanks very much. 3 points is all that matters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Worst performance of the season? Doesnt matter now :)

Match Stats Leeds 1 - 0 Barnsley
    Possession Leeds 55% Barnsley 45%
    Shots Leeds 7 Barnsley 12
    Shots on Target Leeds 3 Barnsley 3
    Corners Leeds 6 Barnsley 7
    Fouls Leeds 9 Barnsley 15

The ugly win.
    Bamford should have taken his chance. Thankfully Chaplin and Styles also fluffed theirs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

U G L Y, we ain’t got no alibi, we ugly !
    Man that was bad but wrap it up and throw it away

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

That was seriously painful to watch, but in past seasons we wouldn't have won that game. That was winning as ugly as you'll get, but I don't care. I'm experiencing something weird, is this what optimism feels like?

A team on the brink of winning the title, and gaining promotion, thoroughly outplayed by a team at the bottom of the league, and staring relegation in the face.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you The Championship!

They say it's the 5th best league in the world, but in many ways it's the hardest. It's without doubt the hardest league where promotion is concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

Has our luck finally changed ? I think that game suggests so. I know Meslier didn't have a lot to do, but they would have beaten him if one was on target.

They didn't show us any respect, and came at us. I'm seriously glad that Derby still haven't a playoff space to play for, going at us with a must win attitude, or we'd be annialated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭adaminho

Come on Hudders(Gawk)field!

Just looking at the table +3 GD over West Brom, 1 point could be good enough to be champions as well!

championc wrote: »
    They didn't show us any respect, and came at us. I'm seriously glad that Derby still haven't a playoff space to play for, going at us with a must win attitude, or we'd be annialated

Don't agree at all. Every game is different. We are the best team in this league. No-one is going to annihilate us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

At wedding, watched last 20 mins. Nearly roared at notification of goal. Dont care how it happens now, 1 point left. Heart attack stuff altogether but dont care.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,023 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

is_that_so wrote: »
    Just looking at the table +3 GD over West Brom, 1 point could be good enough to be champions as well!

Not quite... for goal difference to come into play it means Leeds can only get 1 point, and WBA have to win both games, so they each end on 88 points.

If you get 1 point from the last 2 games, that means your GD can only be a max of 35. If WBA win their two games, that means their GD can only be a minimum of 35. And their "goals for" is higher.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Not quite... for goal difference to come into play it means Leeds can only get 1 point, and WBA have to win both games, so they each end on 88 points.

If you get 1 point from the last 2 games, that means your GD can only be a max of 35. If WBA win their two games, that means their GD can only be a minimum of 35. And their "goals for" is higher.
    :confused:
    Leeds GD is +36, so a winning margin of 1 in each game for West Brom leaves them at 35. That's the basis of my speculation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,023 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

is_that_so wrote: »
    :confused:
    Leeds GD is +36, so a winning margin of 1 in each game for West Brom leaves them at 35.

... for Leeds to only have 1 point, they must lose a game, therefore their GD cannot remain 36. It has to go down to 35 or lower.

If Leeds lose one game, and draw one game, their GD has an absolute maximum possibility of 35.

If WBA win both games, which is required for GD to be of relevance, they can only do so with a minimum GD of 35.

So if it goes down to 'goals scored', Leeds would have had to draw their game with a scoreline of 4-4 or better in order to be champions in the event of both clubs finishing on 88 points.

<edit>
    not that I think any of this is likely - I'm very confident you guys will win it on points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Over 40 years following Leeds. I couldn't analyse that game for love nor money

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Over 40 years following Leeds. I couldn't analyse that game for love nor money

It was a bit of a head-scratcher all right. I don't think even Bielsa could nalyse that game and understand what was going on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Great to see, it's been a long time ye have been out of the top flight. A proper big team coming up is great for the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

So that 2nd half knocked a year off my life.

Loose passing, rarely looked comfortable.
    Determination got us the goal, if BARNSLEY equalised I wouldnt have been surprised or felt hard done.
    Felt like everything went down the left, not sure if that was forced by Burnley. What formation did we actually play, it didnt look standard Leeds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

I actually would have been very surprised if Burnley had equalised in that match...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement