Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Tigerbaby

About Bloody Time !!!

Delighted for ye Leeds fans. long time Chelsea fan here ( back to 1970) !!

Best atmosphere I ever experienced was at Elland Road. Mental fans.

Well done. Great to see ye back. Will add spice to next year for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Man Utd fan here......welcome back to the big time....hope ye play good stuff next Season in Premier League and stay up......

and we take 6 points off ye ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

Cazale wrote: »
    I made a €100 bet with a Leeds fan in work about 12 years ago that Liverpool would win the league before Leeds would ever get back into it. Who would have thought they would both do it in the same season. Congratulations everybody!

Well, you won by a few weeks! 😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,615 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020%E2%80%9321_Premier_League

Makes ye smile looking at a page about the Premier League and seeing Leed's name there once again beside all the big teams, like its the most natural thing in the world ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Move over Villa, there's a new Sheriff in town. If Jack Grealish is keen to stay in the Premier League, we have a vacancy for a water boy

*diving boll**cks

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭BSK

See you all Sunday in the Camden :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Lads, what's this feeling in my chest and why is it making my eyes leak?

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,343 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Q_Ball wrote: »
    Lads, what's this feeling in my chest and why is it making my eyes leak?

COVID-19?

I better not see Mark Viduka lining up against Liverpool next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

I can finally watch that last episode of take us home now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Congrats on the promotion been a long time coming delighted to have ye back.

As a united fan Love the leeds rivalry, its a proper old skool hatred and not built on temporary success because of a sugar daddy.

Ps. If ye have any more Eric Cantona's laying about we could do with one now :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Wow..... Just wow, I didn't know how I'd react, I've cried all night, had messages from lads I've havent heard from in years, even the posts on this thread from supporters of other clubs, it's amazing.... Lads we've been through so much **** over the years... Derby last season had me heartbroken but I wouldn't change a thing.

Thank you Marcelo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭championc

I think a huge number of "Football" fans can't wait to see how Bielsa measures up against the other Prem managers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

Up since 5:40am reading all the articles and watching all the reaction on twitter etc

A mix of smiles, shivers, laughs and tears

WE ARE BACK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

championc wrote: »
    I think a huge number of "Football" fans can't wait to see how Bielsa measures up against the other Prem managers

I'm not sure he will stay. He came, he saw, he conquered. That might be enough for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Zaph wrote: »
    COVID-19?

Thank God, I thought it was something serious!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,615 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

championc wrote: »

Guardiola is a poor man's Bielsa, not the other way around. Bielse is already one of the best managers in the world, if not the best. Nothing to prove

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jul/18/leeds-back-premier-league-16-years-misery-mediocrity-incompetence-marcelo-bielsa

"The Leeds scum are back, but this time you might like us a bit more. Not that we care what you think anyway. When fans are allowed back, a full Elland Road, now full of pride rather than shame, might be a shock to newer fans of other teams. The Football League is a great motivator, but we aren’t going back to the mockery and the mediocrity of it. After 16 years, we are back to change the Premier League."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Private Joker

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jul/18/leeds-back-premier-league-16-years-misery-mediocrity-incompetence-marcelo-bielsa

"The Leeds scum are back, but this time you might like us a bit more. Not that we care what you think anyway. When fans are allowed back, a full Elland Road, now full of pride rather than shame, might be a shock to newer fans of other teams. The Football League is a great motivator, but we aren’t going back to the mockery and the mediocrity of it. After 16 years, we are back to change the Premier League."

Great article, really sums up how I feel. I would be of the same vintage as the author. I would hate to be a west brom fan right now but we've had plenty of those seasons ourselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

Stoke are winning!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Brentford feeling the pressure ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭adaminho

After weeks of giving out about playing last every week I completely forgot this was an early kick off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

DoctaDee wrote: »
    Brentford feeling the pressure ?

Same pressure we've had for weeks. First sample of it and they're struggling. Guard of honour for the champions at Derby tomorrow would be a dream!!!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

Same pressure we've had for weeks. First sample of it and they're struggling. Guard of honour for the champions at Derby tomorrow would be a dream!!!

****e without fans there though

****e without fans there though

Isn't everything associated with this tho? Finding out last night with everywhere closed/limited was far from ideal but this is still our time and we'll take it any way we get it after all the pain. Radz talking about being allowed 14000 fans at a game whilst distancing. Would make it extra hard for tickets but at least there'd be atmosphere again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

This is true, 1st real opportunity for them to grasp hold of an automatic place - and it is a different dynamic walking out knowing that - they will probably turn it around 2nd half - but all things being equal (and in sport they very rarely are) .. I'd like to see WBA come up in 2nd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭Helium

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Come on Stoke:) Nearly There

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

Championes :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,541 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Yeow!

Guard of honour at Derby, by christ they should walk out wearing binoculars

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

West Brom gave us the cake then Brentford provided the Icing and going to Derby as Champions will be the cherry :D

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: This emoji is now the binoculars emoji as far as Im concerned

Is this real?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Helium wrote: »

Having watched that, I find it all the more inconceivable that Marcelo won't be there next season. Why would he walk away now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Mad, all the blood, sweat and tears and it's a stroll across the finishing line without kicking a ball in the end. Funny ole game indeed! :D:D:D

You know what I'm looking forward to? Watching the play-offs as four teams go through agonies, while we float above, blissfully disinterested, and thinking.....play-offs. Oh yes, I remember them...like Gandalf the White, struggling to remember who he was previously.

Oh and...

CHAMPIONS!

Helium wrote: »
    Love the "Manaña libre?" question!

is_that_so wrote: »
    Love the "Manaña libre?" question!

Yeah, what was that about? Someone asking if they could have a day off tomorrow?

Watching Sky. Has Jeff Stellings even mentioned us yet?

davedanon wrote: »
    Yeah, what was that about? Someone asking if they could have a day off tomorrow?
    "Is tomorrow free boss?" was the question and he answered tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow ...!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

What an amazing 24 hours - we've been promoted and now we're Champions.

The wait is over - we will be playing in the Premier League after a 16 year absence. All the pain and disappointment is forgotten.

I'll openly admit I fell out of love with Leeds during the bad times. I just couldn't bear to look at how bad things got after starting to follow them the year they were last promoted. Going from CL semi-finalists to League 1 laughing stock was a hard cross to bear.

But the genius of Bielsa has turned this team around in way, at times, I thought would never happen.

We've endured so much as Leeds fans.

Forget about takeovers and new players, will the manager stay or go, will we sign White, will we survive in the PL. Forget about crazy owners and terrible managers. Forget about the disappointment, relegation's, failed promotion bids and the massive kick in the teeth the end to last season was.

Because the wait is over - we're promoted, as Champions !!! Premier League bound.

Viva El Loco.... Viva Leeds...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,076 ✭✭✭✭event

Knew Brentford wouldn't keep it up. They could be like us now and mess up the playoffs. I reckon forest will come up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Shlippery

The positive vibes, articles everything. It's overwhelming.

Keep pinching myself.

Champions.

Keyzer wrote: »
    What an amazing 24 hours - we've been promoted and now we're Champions.

The wait is over - we will be playing in the Premier League after a 16 year absence. All the pain and disappointment is forgotten.

I'll openly admit I fell out of love with Leeds during the bad times. I just couldn't bear to look at how bad things got after starting to follow them the year they were last promoted. Going from CL semi-finalists to League 1 laughing stock was a hard cross to bear.

But the genius of Bielsa has turned this team around in way, at times, I thought would never happen.

We've endured so much as Leeds fans.

Forget about takeovers and new players, will the manager stay or go, will we sign White, will we survive in the PL. Forget about crazy owners and terrible managers. Forget about the disappointment, relegation's, failed promotion bids and the massive kick in the teeth the end to last season was.

Because the wait is over - we're promoted, as Champions !!! Premier League bound.

Viva El Loco.... Viva Leeds...

Read that as from 2010 firstly

2-4 & 5-7 spots in play for the last game - could be an interesting evening on Wednesday for a lot of teams plus last relegation spot between Charlton, Luton and Wigan with their 12 point deduction coming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Read that as from 2010 firstly

Que?

Since 1989/90

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭jacool

jacool wrote: »
    Team P GD Pts
    1 Leeds Utd. 43 35 84
    2 West Brom 44 33 82
    3 Brentford 44 44 81

As it stands.

The next 50 hours could be something spectacular!
    jacool wrote: »
    It "could" be over by Friday.
    If Leeds win tonight and go to 87 points and the Baggies draw on Friday night, they go to 83 with only one game left.

I'll be sending out the Lottery numbers later if anyone is interested!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

If Iam being honest, I think I will miss a lot of the rawness and honesty of the championship, don’t get me wrong this is amazing and all that but the memories of the past few seasons will probably be some of the best/worst of being a Leeds fan.
    The journey is always better than the destination and what a journey it was.

Keyzer wrote: »
    Que?

Since 1989/90

I know, first read through you said last promotion, I thought you were whinging about the past 10 years!!

• Advertisement

If Iam being honest, I think I will miss a lot of the rawness and honesty of the championship, don’t get me wrong this is amazing and all that but the memories of the past few seasons will probably be some of the best/worst of being a Leeds fan.
    The journey is always better than the destination and what a journey it was.

I’m sat watching Arsenal vs Man City and not sure if I’m supposed to hate either team. Need to get the rivalry back for Premiership. I know I hate Derby, Millwall and Cardiff and quite like Wigan, Charlton and WBA. Haven’t been into Premiership football in ages. Need a two week reintroduction course to get back into the groove!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement