Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

event wrote: »
    Ake on the way to city supposedly. Would mean less chance of White going there. And I dont see pool signing him tbh. It's a lazy link cos he'd suit their style of play

Don't see Liverpool going for him either. They have Gomez as the next big thing and Van Dijk as their main CB. Lovren and Matip are both in favour there so no idea why they'd spend that kind of money on another CB.
    davedanon wrote: »
    And as we know, they are U.N.B.R.E.A.K.A.B.L.E

The dates will be the key thing from the contract I think. Might be a way around it. I'm sure Leeds will have had their lawyers all over the contract already and must be sure they have a way out. Don't see Radz just sending the player back and leaving us wide open to still paying the fee after pissing off the player. Cellino would do that no doubt but Radz must have a plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Zaph wrote: »
    Looks like Carlos Corberan could be on his way to Huddersfield as their new manager. That'll be a bit of a blow if he goes, but it's probably too big an opportunity for him to turn down.

Confirmed that he is gone. That's a loss for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    Confirmed that he is gone. That's a loss for sure.

Not a massive loss. He's not a Bielsa guy, he was there before Bielsa arrived. Only notable success he's had in the u23's have been Struijk.

The likes of Edmondson, Gotts, Stevens, Casey et al haven't pulled up any trees.

Bielsa has hundreds of people in football to blossom from his coaching tree, Corberan will be replaceable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Not a massive loss. He's not a Bielsa guy, he was there before Bielsa arrived. Only notable success he's had in the u23's have been Struijk.

The likes of Edmondson, Gotts, Stevens, Casey et al haven't pulled up any trees.

Bielsa has hundreds of people in football to blossom from his coaching tree, Corberan will be replaceable.

Think they already have a multi-lingual, motivating assistant manager in waiting. Knows the club too...

image.jpg?width=640

Hopefully you're right Always, it's hard to know just how much goes on behind the scenes and who takes credit for it. It's true not too many from that squad have broken into the first team. That said, the U23 squad was successful under his management so he must take some credit for that. He's gone now anyway so we move on.

Hopefully you're right Always, it's hard to know just how much goes on behind the scenes and who takes credit for it. It's true not too many from that squad have broken into the first team. That said, the U23 squad was successful under his management so he must take some credit for that. He's gone now anyway so we move on.

Has he defo gone mate? I've been out of the loop the past few days, still nursing myself after a mental weekend!

Bielsa definitely trusted him but going solo didn't do Pep Clotet much good so I'd be wary. Plus from what I gather The Dogs are in the final season of parachute money and still owe a fortune to former owner Dean Hoyle so it's not like they'll be flush with cash.

Still though, these tinpot clubs are now a thing of the past as far as we're concerned, much bigger fish to fry :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Bit late but wanted to say I'm happy as a Liverpool fans that Leeds are back in their rightful place.

Getting into football in the late 80's/early 90's, I always associate Leeds in the top flight, in particular their 1992 win. For whatever reason (teenage years, drinking, gigs, Liverpool's downturn in form, Man Utd's resurgence or whatever), I don't remember much from the latter half on the 90's as I drifted away from football. However, the turn of the millenium Leeds rivalry with Liverpool was memorable and there were some great battles.

Hopefully Nottm Forest will come up through the play-offs and claim their place too.

Apologies looks like I slightly jumped the gun - confirmed that he is talking to them and Bielsa expects him to go according to Phil Hay.

https://twitter.com/PhilHay_/status/1285579832022228993?s=20

Apologies looks like I slightly jumped the gun - confirmed that he is talking to them and Bielsa expects him to go according to Phil Hay.

https://twitter.com/PhilHay_/status/1285579832022228993?s=20

Strange move for him.

I still expect Colin to rock up there some time next season for 'one more challenge'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

davedanon wrote: »
    I don't really want some fading superstar at Elland Road. Unless he plays for someone else and is getting a hammering.
    Perhaps but just for the record Cavani has scored 353 times in club football – including 200 times for current club PSG. I think he may be more tempted by the likes of Atletico in Spain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

is_that_so wrote: »
    Perhaps but just for the record Cavani has scored 353 times in club football – including 200 times for current club PSG. I think he may be more tempted by the likes of Atletico in Spain.

Imagine what he could do with the chances we (hopefully) will be able to provide. I do respect Bamford, the work rate he has put in over the year even though he gets abuse from half our fans. Whatever striker does come in will need to pass the Bielsa fitness test, and I assume he will want younger options.

JKA obviously couldn't do that but did only join mid-season. Wonder how we would have got on with six weeks pre-season under him.

I get the feeling we will end up paying RB the full amount and not signing him.

blaa85 wrote: »
    I get the feeling we will end up paying RB the full amount and not signing him.

Maybe I'm missing something but what would be the point of that? If we pay the full amount surely we take him on, even if it is just as an asset that we can then try and sell?
    One thing that isn't clear is, have we also already agreed the terms with JKA and if so presumably we would also be bound by those - so we would have to take him on in that case?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Maybe I'm missing something but what would be the point of that? If we pay the full amount surely we take him on, even if it is just as an asset that we can then try and sell?
    One thing that isn't clear is, have we also already agreed the terms with JKA and if so presumably we would also be bound by those - so we would have to take him on in that case?
    It all depends on what's in that original contract. A scenario where he returns to Leeds permanently seems pretty unlikely as he is clearly unwanted. The Germans are insisting he has to become a Leeds player. If RB do prevail legally, a scenario where someone else steps in for him at a reduced price might be as good as can be done with Leeds topping up the difference for RB.

He'll be on big wages too (90k per week currently according to Phil Hay). If we take him on and offload him, other teams may not be able to afford the wages and we'll end up paying a portion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

Cavani?!

Are some of ye still on the lash? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Shlippery

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-news/26831/angus-kinnear-programme-notes-22-07-20
    Finally, before these programme notes depart for the Premier League, one last important observation. Almost exactly a year ago today a thrusting young football club chief exec was asked for his prediction for the season ahead. He made a bold and perhaps foolish proclamation. Over the following months his words were much derided and mocked, but they also became our collective vision. They comforted us through the low moments and guided us to reach new heights. And so, for one last time, those words deserve to be reprised: “We are not dicking around with the Play-Offs anymore!”

WGUAFC!

Marching on Together

Angus Kinnear

Enjoyable read!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭BSK

Cavani?!

Are some of ye still on the lash? :pac:

Well when your owner says it, hardly the fans fault

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Anyone know if there's a problem casting to a smart telly from a Macbook Pro? I don't see a Cast symbol anywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭adaminho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

adaminho wrote: »

Would have liked to see poveda and bogusz from the start

Ben White!!!

That's White's transfer fee gone up by a few million! What a strike!

BEN WHITE!

C'mon pal, could ya not have fluffed that and given us a better chance of keepin ya...

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

A goal from a corner!!!

what a way to end the season.

Wonder if Bowyer is loving this deep down....deeep deep down..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Its absolutely crazy that we are going to win the league by 10 points...only 10 days ago, we were fearing that we wouldn't go straight up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

Knew Brentford wouldn't keep it up. They could be like us now and mess up the playoffs. I reckon forest will come up

So forest won't be winning the playoffs. Bigger bottle job than us

So forest won't be winning the playoffs. Bigger bottle job than us

Fair play to Swansea, did not even think they had a chance before kickoff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,024 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Got to feel for Forest. A seven goal cushion and three point advantage going into the last game. Yet Swansea get sixth place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

Presentation live on club facebook page.

• Advertisement

What a feeling.... Disbelief!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Kalyke

https://twitter.com/LUFC/status/1286037054812499968

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭adaminho

I can't watch till later, is there anywhere I can watch the whole lot online?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Kalyke

adaminho wrote: »
    I can't watch till later, is there anywhere I can watch the whole lot online?

https://twitter.com/GrahamSmyth/status/1286047615503732737?s=20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Did SKY show even a second of our trophy presentation?

This presentation is terrible. They've made it a huge, sprawling thing, with BIG ANNOUNCEMENTS for each member of playing/coaching staff, but all it's doing is emphasising that there ARE NO PEOPLE THERE.

Ours was a much better job, despite the same no-crowd limitations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

The bus parade looks terrible after the stay home messages, even if they were at best half hearted today

Not good

why not?

Bloke on the mic just thanked everyone for coming down :D:D:D

I f*cking love this club, absolute bat**** crazy

People always have something to whinge about. They couldnt exactly say 'come on down for a big f*cking party lads'. I haven't been, but hope everyone who did has had a fantastic memorable night

Will give the Amazon doc a great ending anorl :D

• Advertisement

why not?

Seriously, you need me to explain why a club organised bus tour is a bad idea at this moment in time???

Seriously, you need me to explain why a club organised bus tour is a bad idea at this moment in time???

Just gone up as champions by 10 points and people are moaning because fans are about 50 meters away looking at them on a bus for 10 minutes. F**k me

We’re Leeds. We make our own rules. Always have done.

It wasn’t advised that we went to Bournemouth and smashed f*ck out of the place. Didn’t stop us. Let kids be kids.

Over 40 years following the club, so I don't need to be preached to by a numpty like you.

Over 40 years following the club, so I don't need to be preached to by a numpty like you.

I better back the f*ck up, we've got a superfan amongst us.......

Maybe it's time you called it a day then grandad , pop in your dentures and go support Reading or some other nothing club

There's a good lad

This is what happens when some people are allowed stay up as late as the grown ups

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

I better back the f*ck up, we've got a superfan amongst us.......

Maybe it's time you called it a day then grandad , pop in your dentures and go support Reading or some other nothing club

There's a good lad

Bielsa is a man of honour. If he feels this was the wrong decision he'll walk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

Just gone up as champions by 10 points and people are moaning because fans are about 50 meters away looking at them on a bus for 10 minutes. F**k me

We’re Leeds. We make our own rules. Always have done.

It wasn’t advised that we went to Bournemouth and smashed f*ck out of the place. Didn’t stop us. Let kids be kids.

Are Leeds fans immune to COVID-19?

Spread the word lads, we have a vaccine

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

And you're proud of that, are you? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Saw the below tweet, am hoping now the jersey has blue and yellow stripes, it would look amazing!

https://twitter.com/adidasUK/status/1286033769586135040?s=19

• Advertisement

So many things have changed for the better at Leeds, but still clearly capable of the PR gaffes. The open-top bus was a head scratcher...

BBC - Leeds United defend open-top bus celebration after stay home plea
    RTE - Leeds defend open-top bus celebration at Elland Road

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement