Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Jaysis, cop on lads... We've just been promoted as champions following a hammering 4-0 win and you're slagging each other off.

On the celebrations, worry about your own back garden before worrying about someone elses - they didnt drive the bus through Dublin or any part of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

Regarding the celebrations, the club advised that having the team out there briefly, allowed them to finish it up and send the fans home happy.

Keyzer wrote: »
    On the celebrations, worry about your own back garden before worrying about someone elses - they didnt drive the bus through Dublin or any part of Ireland.

Oh I fully agree, people should first and foremost support a club here. I do, Cork City. And I'd criticise them if they did the same, probably even more because of the relevance/proximity.

As Leeds are an English club based in England, it's unlikely they'd hold club celebrations here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

The Championship Trophy is so much nicer, with much more history, than that awful pot handed out for the Premier League, which was clearly designed by someone who was told "make it kinda like the European Cup".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Rumours, rumours, rumours!
    Joe Gelhardt from Wigan - promising kid
    Said Benrahma
    Ebere Eze from QPR
    Reading midfielder John Swift
    A couple of Argentinians - Thiago Almada "the new Messi", left back Jonathan Silva at Leganes in Spain
    Greek goalkeeper called Vasilios Barkas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭adaminho

adaminho wrote: »
    I can't watch till later, is there anywhere I can watch the whole lot online?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zwjys3wiyjk&feature=push-lsb&attr_tag=J6-B7m8z8BWIsQH4%3A6

I'm going to be driving myself nuts looking at transfer rumours for the next few weeks. I hope it's done quickly, and they get them in for the start of pre-season.

Ben White should be priority number 1. Sure we could probably get 5 players in for the money, but at least we are guaranteed a top player.

is_that_so wrote: »
    Rumours, rumours, rumours!
    Joe Gelhardt from Wigan - promising kid
    Said Benrahma
    Ebere Eze from QPR
    Reading midfielder John Swift
    A couple of Argentinians - Thiago Almada "the new Messi", left back Jonathan Silva at Leganes in Spain
    Greek goalkeeper called Vasilios Barkas

Get Mandzukic in. He's unattached

blaa85 wrote: »
    Ben White should be priority number 1. Sure we could probably get 5 players in for the money, but at least we are guaranteed a top player.

100% that. Secure Ben White, replace Casilla, find some way out of the JKA deal and chase a striker. That would do for me. We're pretty good in midfield when you add Forshaw and Shackleton into the mix and we're ok on fullbacks but at center back and striker we're low on options.

• Advertisement

Get Mandzukic in. He's unattached

He's 34, his wages would be astronomical and he'd probably have a heart attack in the first Bielsa murderball session.

Focus should be on younger players who have demonstrable talent and experience.

I'd take Benrahama in a flash. White I would love to stay but I can't see it working out.

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    Find some way out of the JKA deal...

I thought that was put to bed? He went back to his parent club... Am I wrong?

I thought that was put to bed? He went back to his parent club... Am I wrong?
    There's the matter of the agreement to buy, RB say it remains and cough up so it's one for the lawyers.

Oh I fully agree, people should first and foremost support a club here. I do, Cork City. And I'd criticise them if they did the same, probably even more because of the relevance/proximity.

I think you misunderstood what I was saying. That saying is similar to people in glass houses etc. We had hundreds (if not thousands) of people dancing around a roundabout earlier this week for Jack Charlton's funeral - which took place in England - completely ignoring social distancing guidelines.
    As Leeds are an English club based in England, it's unlikely they'd hold club celebrations here.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

We had hundreds (if not thousands) of people dancing around a roundabout earlier this week for Jack Charlton's funeral - which took place in England - completely ignoring social distancing guidelines.

They were also absolute imbeciles, just like the fans at Elland Road last night.

I think you misunderstood what I was saying. That saying is similar to people in glass houses etc. We had hundreds (if not thousands) of people dancing around a roundabout earlier this week for Jack Charlton's funeral - which took place in England - completely ignoring social distancing guidelines.

I noted that it was a PR gaffe and both RTE and BBC reported the Leeds promotion in terms of the club defending the open topped bus decision. That's not the choice of me or posters here. If you object to that, tell RTE that they are wrong because of the roundabout thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Ceist_Beag wrote: »

'League One Liam' no more!

In fairness to him, I think Liam has been an excellent captain and has matured a lot. I said it before the season started that I felt happy having him as a starting CB and I think he has proved how much he has improved under Bielsa.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

So happy to see Marcelo so happy!

https://twitter.com/LUFC/status/1286252188776501248?s=09

Kalvin and Pat finding him in the background of the celebrations and bringing him over to lift the trophy was a lovely moment, you know he wouldn't have done it himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,076 ✭✭✭✭event

I'm going to be driving myself nuts looking at transfer rumours for the next few weeks. I hope it's done quickly, and they get them in for the start of pre-season.

Not gonna read any rumours tbh. Its lazy crap from tabloid journos.
    I'll wait and see who we have when season starts. All I want is White or someone similar and a backup striker

• Advertisement

event wrote: »
    I'll wait and see who we have when season starts. All I want is White or someone similar and a backup striker
    I'll absolutely lap up paper rumours as it means we're back in the big time :D

In saying that Ben White is a must! I'd blow the whole budget on him, even if we went straight back down we'd make a profit.

Of all the rest the one I'd like is Mitrozic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

In saying that Ben White is a must! I'd blow the whole budget on him, even if we went straight back down we'd make a profit.

Mitrovic?

Yeah it is a bit, but I love to be entertained by a bit of fanciful nonsense with the morning coffee.

No way, wouldn't have him. After what he did to Ben White? And don't tell me you want him doing that for us. We don't need the likes of him.

Odds for next season!
    Outright Winner - 500/1
    Top 4 - 100/1
    Top 6 - 33/1
    Top Half - 3/1
    Finish Above Man Utd - 25/1 ;)
    Relegated - 7/2

Odds for next season!
    Outright Winner - 500/1
    Top 4 - 100/1
    Top 6 - 33/1
    Top Half - 3/1
    Relegated - 7/2

Who's this with? I'm seeing 200/1 for outright winner and 40/1 with top 4 on PP.

I want to slap a few bob on, you never know!

Who's this with? I'm seeing 200/1 for outright winner and 40/1 with top 4 on PP.

Sky Bet I think it's about a week old.

davedanon wrote: »
    No way, wouldn't have him. After what he did to Ben White? And don't tell me you want him doing that for us. We don't need the likes of him.

Plus he is a championship striker. His record in the PL is appaling. And he always looks like he is carrying some timber, wouldnt be able for our way of playing. The whole team is built around him

Plus he is a championship striker. His record in the PL is appaling. And he always looks like he is carrying some timber, wouldnt be able for our way of playing. The whole team is built around him

Yeah, reckon he's the sort of guy who'd balk at being ordered to drop at least a stone before being considered for selection.

• Advertisement

I can't wait till everything is back to normal, I'll be flying over to every game I can!

And I'm praying the pubs are back in full swing by the time the first game kicks off.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

Pp are by far and away the worst bookmaker around. They make all this hype on their ada about paying x places and giving these odds, and every other bookmaker is paying more places, bigger odds etc but they have a guy with a silly voice doing the ads so folk lap it up.

You wouldn't buy a shirt for 50 quid you could get for 40 two buildings away so baffles me when people happily accept lesser odds.

21 from 79 in the Prem with Fulham and Newcastle isn't the worst!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭jacool

Odds for next season!
    Outright Winner - 500/1
    Top 4 - 100/1
    Top 6 - 33/1
    Top Half - 3/1
    Relegated - 7/2

Skybet odds for 2021
    Outright Winner - 500/1 (only 200/1 PP!!)
    Top 4 - 100/1 (only 40/1 PP!!)
    Top 6 - 33/1
    Top Half - 9/4 has been backed from 3/1
    Finish Above Man Utd - 14/1 has been backed from 25/1
    Relegated - 7/2

Odds on Benrahma next club
    Chelsea 3/1
    Arsenal 4/1
    West Ham 6/1
    Tottenham 10/1
    Sheff Utd 16/1
    Leeds United 20/1
    Judging by geography and odds there, he must want to stay in his current house!

Huddersfield new manager odds
    Carlos Corberan (Leeds asst. and Leeds U23) 1/7
    Steven Robinson (Motherwell) 10/1
    David Wagner (Schalke 04) 20/1

I like bustling strikers, Chapman, Shearer, Windass, Mitrovic, the classic hard men with no teeth types who'll go in with their heads when boots are flying. But expect he'll be looking for near the 100k mark in wages, and for that I'd want Maradona...or give it to Ben White, and tell Bamford to get a bit nastier.

I noted that it was a PR gaffe and both RTE and BBC reported the Leeds promotion in terms of the club defending the open topped bus decision. That's not the choice of me or posters here. If you object to that, tell RTE that they are wrong because of the roundabout thing.

OK, fair play...

• Advertisement

Fast work by Orta. One new player in already, some young French keeper. Could be good!

jacool wrote: »
    Skybet odds for 2021
    Outright Winner - 500/1 (only 200/1 PP!!)
    Top 4 - 100/1 (only 40/1 PP!!)
    Top 6 - 33/1
    Top Half - 9/4 has been backed from 3/1
    Finish Above Man Utd - 14/1 has been backed from 25/1
    Relegated - 7/2

Odds on Benrahma next club
    Chelsea 3/1
    Arsenal 4/1
    West Ham 6/1
    Tottenham 10/1
    Sheff Utd 16/1
    Leeds United 20/1
    Judging by geography and odds there, he must want to stay in his current house!

Huddersfield new manager odds
    Carlos Corberan (Leeds asst. and Leeds U23) 1/7
    Steven Robinson (Motherwell) 10/1
    David Wagner (Schalke 04) 20/1

Was it in this thread or some other that I saw odds for Bielsa getting a manager of the month?

Just had a look at our squad for 2017-18, the season before Bielsa took over, when we finished THIRTEENTH. The following current 1st XI members were among them. Obvs. no keeper, but that's a very acceptable set of outfield players.

Alioski
    Ayling
    Berardi
    Cooper
    Dallas
    Forshaw
    Jansson
    Klich
    Hernandez
    Phillips
    Roberts

Bielsa is a genius.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,343 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Because we all love a good statistic, especially a Leeds one, some interesting reading in this article.

21 from 79 in the Prem with Fulham and Newcastle isn't the worst!

Its an average of 9 goals in a season. Not good enough for me tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,046 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Fast work by Orta. One new player in already, some young French keeper. Could be good!
    Not a new player. He was our keeper for 8 of the last 9 games.
    He did a great job in Casillas absence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Jesus. Bielsa at 8.24 lifting the trophy. What a humble guy.

Legend.

Yeees. I guess I should have thrown a smiley in there! :p

Sarcasm isn't your forté is it...

Was it in this thread or some other that I saw odds for Bielsa getting a manager of the month?
    In here, by me, 16/1 a great price, but will have to track it down for proof!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

If you listen closely in the dead of the night, you can hear his voice across the Irish sea

jacool wrote: »
    In here, by me, 16/1 a great price, but will have to track it down for proof!

Looks to be 8/1 now

Looks to be 8/1 now

You're right. Missed the boat there. :(

Other Skybet odds for Leeds

1/6 Finish in bottom half
    25/1 Beat Chelsea H&A
    100/1 Beat Man City H&A

Sarcasm isn't your forté is it...

Nothing in the post to indicate it was sarcasm. And nothing in his previous few posts to indicate a penchant towards sarcasm either.
    What am I, a mind-reader?:D

If you listen closely in the dead of the night, you can hear his voice across the Irish sea

Ominous enough that Bielsa was not present at the contract signing. Normally a manager/head coach is present in the boardroom for the contract proceedings.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement