Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

Ah now dont be reading in to things too much. I doubt there's anything in that. He could be on holidays for all we know

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭BSK

Ominous enough that Bielsa was not present at the contract signing. Normally a manager/head coach is present in the boardroom for the contract proceedings.

Dont think Bielsa has been in one of them since he’s arrived. He’s probably in Argentina having a well deserved rest and watching videos of Cavani on repeat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

I see the PL starts back up September 12th. I really hope we are not playing any of the big guns until the crowds are back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

This may still or just be a rumour about River Plate centre-back Lucas Martinez Quarta but looks a little further along. Decent pedigree and looks like he would be a very good replacement for White and in a good price range.

https://tbrfootball.com/report-leeds-united-strongest-in-pursuit-to-sign-argentina-international/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Offer in for Jonathan David at Gent apparently. Their club president has said it’s the best offer received thus far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Offer in for Jonathan David at Gent apparently. Their club president has said it’s the best offer received thus far.

According to Wikipedia his current team is Leeds, lol

*runs to youtube to see if he's any good

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

*Looks up Football Manager to see if he's any good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

If we're genuinely chasing this guy it must mean we're confident we can get out of any obligation to sign JKA?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

Strange really to have a JKA deal where, based on the reported deal, he hasn't had to prove anything, to get a contract.

So he arrives unfit, reportedly overweight, plays about an hour in total of game time ....... and gets a confirmed move ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

He looks good, as far as evidence from the Belgian 1st division goes. He'll need to lose a few pounds if we do take him, but I suppose that would be true of nearly every Bielsa signing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Shlippery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Shlippery wrote: »

That's been out there a lot longer than moments after the adidas announcement. Hopefully hear something official soon

We don't do stripes, do we? Ever?

davedanon wrote: »

Thistle Hotels in like 94, which I'm assuming is what that jersey is based on

• Advertisement

Cardiff could be 2 up already here. I'm watching the playoffs, not because I give a damn about any of the teams (although I really don't want Cardiff going up), but because I just want to lord it over these pitiable teams squabbling over the last playoff spot.

How wonderful not to be involved, and in a good way. The best way possible.

My money says that away top is bogey. The actual ones will be completely different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭adaminho

https://imgur.com/a/SLs7oxs

They were all mistakes. What I meant was:

We shouldn't have ever worn stripes.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

I dont follow the sport all that much but a site called footyheadlines has to be reliable.

• Advertisement

Anyone see the other fatuous headline on equally reliable sites LeedsLive and MOT?

"Messi strikes FEAR into Leeds with "Get Bielsa" plea to Barcelona"

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Anyone see the other fatuous headline on equally reliable sites LeedsLive and MOT?

"Messi strikes FEAR into Leeds with "Get Bielsa" plea to Barcelona"

One of the Sunday rags (the Sun, I think) was reporting that too. If he wants to play for Bielsa then let him come to Yorkshire. I'm sure a spot could be found for him somewhere in the team. :D

"Messi strikes FEAR into Leeds Barcelona with "Get Bielsa" plea to Barcelona"to get everyone to drop at least a stone!

Bielsa would never go, He love's a one team City with working class roots.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Mushy wrote: »
    That's been out there a lot longer than moments after the adidas announcement. Hopefully hear something official soon

Yea, it was here a month ago to be fair, but its the newer pictures at the top that made it look a bit more real, either way, lets see what happens.

Meanwhile...Fergie welcoming us back
    https://twitter.com/Radebe_Leeds/status/1287826041038348290
    :pac:

adaminho wrote: »
    There's no comparison. It's a team of hardworking grafters with some decent levels of talent v a bunch of egotistical and overpaid underperformers.

adaminho wrote: »

I dunno, the biggest club in the world, owned by working class types, claiming to represent more than a city but a nation of Catalan people...he'd have to be tempted if they asked.

However, I'd be surprised if they asked him. It could be car crash stuff, he likes a lot of control, he has not successfully managed a club of that size, they seem to like the ex Barça types who know the way things are done there, there are huge politics behind the scenes.

He might be tempted, but if he's the man I think he is, I don't think he'll turn his back on us now. Maybe in a few years time, when he thinks he's achieved all he can with us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Looks like Ben White is on his way back to Brighton and not returning to Leeds. Posted a thank you message to the fans and has Kalvin Philips replying with sad faces etc. (Apologies for big images)

EeA_lfJXgAActe9?format=jpg&name=900x900

EeBG_sHUEAEFMWw?format=jpg&name=small

Can't blame Brighton, they know what an asset they have there.

Benfica starlet Florentino Luis now linked but no offer as yet. Kid had a €120m release clause at one stage but now supposedly in the €20-30m range.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

is_that_so wrote: »
    Benfica starlet Florentino Luis now linked but no offer as yet. Kid had a €120m release clause at one stage but now supposedly in the €20-30m range.

Doesn't he operate between defense & midfield...cover for Kalvin?

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Doesn't he operate between defense & midfield...cover for Kalvin?
    Yeah, that seems to be his position.

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    Can't blame Brighton, they know what an asset they have there.

Don't quite get this. If he's going back to Brighton, it's surely to go in the shop window, and not their 1st team. And if so, then we will be bidding for him. He hardly wants to play in that Brighton team over us. There's every chance we'll finish above them, in my opinion.

Don't quite get this. If he's going back to Brighton, it's surely to go in the shop window, and not their 1st team. And if so, then we will be bidding for him. He hardly wants to play in that Brighton team over us. There's every chance we'll finish above them, in my opinion.

I agree Dave. But the bottom line is he's Brighton's player and regardless of what he wants, he's contracted to them. No doubt if offers come in Brighton will consider them but my guess is we're not going to be able to compete with those offers or with Brighton's valuation. Hopefully I'll be proven wrong.

I wouldnt mind that at all. His loan has just expired, thats all. He's just saying thanks cos he is leaving us. Not to say we or anyone else wont buy him.

Changes nothing IMO

Yeah, thought it added little to matters. His loan ended, it would be strange if he wasn't called back, doesn't prevent the clubs circling now and unless Potter has him earmarked for the first team it's a lot of money for a club like Brighton to leave on the bench. Particularly when Jahanbaksh is sitting on it already...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Yeah, a bit of panic there. Saw Harrison did a similar message at the end of last season so it doesn't really rule anything out. By the time we sign Jonathan David, Benrahma, Eze and half of Argentina's league we prob won't be able to afford him anyway!

He's also on Holidays with Phillips, Roberts and Poveda. Interestingly a few WBA players with them including Johnathan Leko.

A number of Portuguese papers reporting Leeds contact with Benfica on Luis. Seems a loan with option to buy may be the offer but it may have to wait till the new boss arrives.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

I wonder how Brexit will affect transfers from European countries going forward ?

Regarding White, he has to acknowledge his current employees. It's also all about the game of poker which will now be played out behind the scenes. I'm not sure how many players really get to have a huge say in their deals, except maybe when they find out that the choice may be to play weekly vs bench warming.

White would be a weekly starter for us no doubt

Not having his best game but I'd like to see us get Brewester on loan next year, think would suit us

Ah Pontus.

Lots of rumours saying Leeds ahead of a lot of PL clubs in efforts to sign Joe Gelhardt, Wigan's English under 18 international.

event wrote: »
    Ah Pontus.

What did he do?

More importantly, why you all watching that lower league ****e :eek:

Disclaimer: I will still prefer the Championship over the F.A Var & Liverpool League

What did he do?

More importantly, why you all watching that lower league ****e :eek:

Disclaimer: I will still prefer the Championship over the F.A Var & Liverpool League

Ball was bouncing towards him and he was running towards his own goal, he went to do a fancy flick away from Brewster but instead laid it up for a handy lob for him.

Comical stuff

• Advertisement

Jonathan David of Gent, looks to be off to Lille in France instead so that's one rumour dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

is_that_so wrote: »
    Jonathan David of Gent, looks to be off to Lille in France instead so that's one rumour dead.

Lille need to replace their Napoli bound striker, imagine they may have more money for David than Leeds

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Lille need to replace their Napoli bound striker, imagine they may have more money for David than Leeds
    From the bits I read Leeds offered more but he wants to go to France.

Mushy wrote: »
    Ball was bouncing towards him and he was running towards his own goal, he went to do a fancy flick away from Brewster but instead laid it up for a handy lob for him.

Comical stuff

Imagine the shouting, neck-straining and ground-slapping he would have done if someone else did that !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Imagine the shouting, neck-straining and ground-slapping he would have done if someone else did that !

He actually did look like he was trying to blame someone else

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement