Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Interesting that Brighton have signed a center half from Ajax, might be a positive sign for us!

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    Interesting that Brighton have signed a center half from Ajax, might be a positive sign for us!

Dutch international with around 200 appearances for Ajax and they got him for his release clause of around €1m. For that money we should have gone for him, he can play play right back too and would have been good cover while Berardi is out. It's not like Brighton need any more centre backs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Zaph wrote: »
    Dutch international with around 200 appearances for Ajax and they got him for his release clause of around €1m. For that money we should have gone for him, he can play play right back too and would have been good cover while Berardi is out. It's not like Brighton need any more centre backs.

Dunk, Webster, Duffy, Clarke, White, Burn & New Ajax lad...Reckon they will cash in on White...Do we have 30 million?

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Dunk, Webster, Duffy, Clarke, White, Burn & New Ajax lad...Reckon they will cash in on White...Do we have 30 million?

If he comes in the market at that price we'll definitely find the money

According to the Daily Star Leeds are planning £5m bids for both Fabian Delph and Danny Rose. The report suggests that Bielsa is looking to add some players with Premier League experience and that moving back to Elland Road would appeal to both players as their chances are currently limited. No idea how reliable the Star is, but a Delph return in particular could be popular with the fans, however I'm not really sure what either would add to the squad as I haven't seen much of them over the last couple of years.

Zaph wrote: »
    According to the Daily Star Leeds are planning £5m bids for both Fabian Delph and Danny Rose. The report suggests that Bielsa is looking to add some players with Premier League experience and that moving back to Elland Road would appeal to both players as their chances are currently limited. No idea how reliable the Star is, but a Delph return in particular could be popular with the fans, however I'm not really sure what either would add to the squad as I haven't seen much of them over the last couple of years.

I'm sure both would need to reduce their wage demands I'd imagine...Rose & Delph alledgly 75k & 90k a week

Could be risky.

Rose has had his battles with depression, Delph hasn't set the world alight at Everton, if things didn't go well they could be the classic overpaid under motivated types casting a cloud over the dressing room...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

For those with an Athletic account , here's a Phil Hay take on possible transfer targets. Interesting analysis.

https://theathletic.com/1949272/2020/07/31/transfers-leeds-united-watkins-benrahma-white-bryan/

Could be risky.

Rose has had his battles with depression, Delph hasn't set the world alight at Everton, if things didn't go well they could be the classic overpaid under motivated types casting a cloud over the dressing room...
    This has all hallmarks of randomly linking players we see at this time of year. Reckon there are better places to look out there.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

is_that_so wrote: »
    This has all hallmarks of randomly linking players we see at this time of year. Reckon there are better places to look out there.

Yep, happens every summer since 2004, old players linked back. Everyone from Becchio to Smith to that prick at liverpool have been due to resign for Leeds at some point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

If not mentioned already, Bielsa won the July manager of the month award and the LMA manager of the year award for the Championship.

Love to see him getting recognition, hope he takes some enjoyment from it.

Ryan Edmondson is going to Aberdeen on loan till January- good move. Bogusz will go out too I'd say.

If not mentioned already, Bielsa won the July manager of the month award and the LMA manager of the year award for the Championship.

Love to see him getting recognition, hope he takes some enjoyment from it.
    First manager since O'Leary to win 3 manager of the month awards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

is_that_so wrote: »
    For those with an Athletic account , here's a Phil Hay take on possible transfer targets. Interesting analysis.

https://theathletic.com/1949272/2020/07/31/transfers-leeds-united-watkins-benrahma-white-bryan/

Good read but that’s a lot of player links

Good read but that’s a lot of player links
    I agree but they could be some of the alternates on one of the many lists! Once the football wraps up in the next week or so I'd expect to see movement.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Another player linked - Gent left-back Milad Mohammadi, who was in the Belgian league's team of the season. Can also play right back.
    Cheap too at €7m!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

Any idea when the new Adidas gear will be launched?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Expected this week I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

event wrote: »
    Any idea when the new Adidas gear will be launched?

Feck Adidas. Any idea when we’ll hear about Marcelo’s contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Feck Adidas. Any idea when we’ll hear about Marcelo’s contract.

Might be looking into the transfer targets he's after to make sure they can meet his demands. Last year Helder Costa seemed to be his only demand and as he wasn't really cutting it at Wolves that was simple to do. He might be asking for harder targets now. Can't see that there's much more in terms of training ground set-up and club ambition etc that he could have any issues with now.

Hopeing Fulham go up now, might mean we get a Brentford player or two

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Benrahma or Watkins, we'll hardly sign 2 strikers.

Yeah Watkins hopefully, think he'd suit us

Is there any more word on QSI investment?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Looking like Pontus won't be joining us in the PL next year. Fulham 2-0 up.

Lovely watching playoffs and not worrying about heartbreak.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Would be great if we could pick up Watkins. I could take or leave Benrahma - there’s better value to be had elsewhere I’d think given the price tag Brentford will put on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

I've been very impressed with Rico Henry whenever I've watched brentford... Feel sorry for them but they blew it, wba messed up and they couldn't take advantage

Would be great if we could pick up Watkins. I could take or leave Benrahma - there’s better value to be had elsewhere I’d think given the price tag Brentford will put on him.

Yes agreed, Benrahma wouldn't suit Bielsa imo, doesn't work hard enough out of possession

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Banrahma would be the perfect replacement for Pablo, if he worked harder off the ball.

• Advertisement

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Is there any more word on QSI investment?

Quiet on that front, saw a few links to 49ers increasing their investment instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

Brentford burned out in the end

Awful shame :D

Quiet on that front, saw a few links to 49ers increasing their investment instead.

That's good news

The manager can use the break to try and come up with better mind games for next year

event wrote: »
    Yes agreed, Benrahma wouldn't suit Bielsa imo, doesn't work hard enough out of possession

Yeah, I noticed him stop running very quickly once he lost possession a couple of times last night.

In fairness, in the semi final they were up against a team that got 40 million in parachute payments in 2 seasons. Imagine what Frank would do with that.

And last night they faced a team that can pay their striker 70k a week. Again, resources that are way beyond Brentford.

In fairness, in the semi final they were up against a team that got 40 million in parachute payments in 2 seasons. Imagine what Frank would do with that.

And last night they faced a team that can pay their striker 70k a week. Again, resources that are way beyond Brentford.

I don't really see the relevance of that. Brentford have been better than Fulham all season, and we won the league at a canter (in the end) without anything like Fulham's resources. In any case, I can't see them making any impact in the Prem.

davedanon wrote: »
    I don't really see the relevance of that. Brentford have been better than Fulham all season, and we won the league at a canter (in the end) without anything like Fulham's resources. In any case, I can't see them making any impact in the Prem.

I was responding to the laughing emoji about Brentford losing.

They are a remarkable team that had a great season on limited resources and fell short, as Leeds did last season.

Kemar Roofe going to Rangers. He is good enough to score for fun at that level.

Watkins available for £18m it seems, talk that Palace want him. I'd love to see us swoop in there

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

I was responding to the laughing emoji about Brentford losing.

They are a remarkable team that had a great season on limited resources and fell short, as Leeds did last season.

Kemar Roofe going to Rangers. He is good enough to score for fun at that level.

6/1 is a great bet for Roofe too goalscorer in the SPL. Even with his usual injury or two he should have his higher at scoring season by far.

• Advertisement

Brentford are a team and story that we should love given the small club, small budget and the seriously talented players they find every year. It's just cockyness and arrogance that came out this year that has people laughing now. I know half of it is the media twisting their comments into headlines, but saying that Leeds fear them, then that they aren't worried about their best players moving as they'll be in the Premiership next year and topped off by saying that they'd beat Fulham for sure. It just lines you up for all they stuff they are getting now. Could do with taking on a PR guy this summer and have him control what comments go out from manger and players.

Would 100% take Watkins for £18m and would love Benrahma too. Bielsa would train him into a beast and if he didn't work hard he wouldn't play. He'd know that before he signed.

Mad to think we'll actually be playing Premier League games in just over 5 weeks!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭QuietMan2010

Surely that clause for Watkins is a minimum of £18m? If two or more clubs are interested then won't it be a bidding auction with a floor of £18m, not a maximum?

We would be cringing with embarrassment at some of the stuff that's come out of Brentford this season, so to hell with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Surely that clause for Watkins is a minimum of £18m? If two or more clubs are interested then won't it be a bidding auction with a floor of £18m, not a maximum?

Depends on the contract I suppose. I thought with a lot release clauses though, bidding clubs will trigger the clause and then the bidding war is to agree personal terms with player.

maximoose wrote: »
    Depends on the contract I suppose. I thought with a lot release clauses though, bidding clubs will trigger the clause and then the bidding war is to agree personal terms with player.

Exactly. A lot of them are that once a bid is made matching the value it has to be accepted. So makes no difference if one higher is made.

If its Palace though, he would go to them. More established plus still in London, both big selling points.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Jimmy Two Times

Brentford are a team and story that we should love given the small club, small budget and the seriously talented players they find every year. It's just cockyness and arrogance that came out this year that has people laughing now. I know half of it is the media twisting their comments into headlines, but saying that Leeds fear them, then that they aren't worried about their best players moving as they'll be in the Premiership next year and topped off by saying that they'd beat Fulham for sure. It just lines you up for all they stuff they are getting now. Could do with taking on a PR guy this summer and have him control what comments go out from manager and players.

Can't disagree with any of this.Think in general they are a club that should be admired in the way they keep producing players and are always competitive given their size and the size of their fan base. Also think that when they move to the new stadium they will lose part of the soul of the club. Griffin Park is a lovely little ground to visit, never any issues in any of the pubs around the ground, fans are sound and even the police are grand........not as good as the Preston lads but never any hassle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

davedanon wrote: »
    We would be cringing with embarrassment at some of the stuff that's come out of Brentford this season, so to hell with them.

Your posts indicate that you haven’t been a Leeds supporter long enough to learn humility, take the chest beating down a notch bro

Yeah fair play to Brentford to get as far as they did. Their manager turned me against them though, it seemed very naive at times (his comments)

PL odds for 2020/21 2001- to win! Decent odds on staying up too.

https://m.skybet.com/football/premier-league/event/25422280

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

Hate to burst your bubble over ollie watkins..but he is priced at 25m by brentford..the 18m release clause in his contract did not exist.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement