Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I’d say ground expansion will be left to the Qataris to allow them to work through FFP. Radz won’t have the money for that, i wouldn't think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

whiterebel wrote: »
    I’d say ground expansion will be left to the Qataris to allow them to work through FFP. Radz won’t have the money for that, i wouldn't think.
    SF 49ers I'd say, plus income over 2-3 years.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

If they're the second and third kits, they're pretty disappointing after the great ones we had last season. The third kit in particular is awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Shlippery

championc wrote: »
    Reminder for any with memberships that today is the last day for renewals. It may be that only a small number of new memberships will become available, so if you lost your membership, it may be difficult to regain it.

At some point, you'd have to think too that the club should start thinking about ground expansion. Now would have been the perfect time to start works. Let's face it, no time will ever be a good time since ER was a sellout for almost every game last season

Yea, they're opening them up again tomorrow, I renewed mine a while back, but you'd wonder - would they really limit them? It seems like easy money for the club.

I suppose the main perk is better chance at a match ticket (outside of owning a ST) ...but if the spectator limitations are there..it's gonna be an odd season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Like the away jersey even more than before.

Also like the 3rd, but theres not much to it. Its grand, not much imagination went into it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭adaminho

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

You sometimes wonder if photos are put out into the public sphere to gauge opinions. If anyone is watching my posts, then my verdict on this pair of shorts is simply "hideous"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

That 3rd strip must be in homage to Phil hay and his excellent service to Leeds united

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

That 3rd strip must be in homage to Phil hay and his excellent service to Leeds united[/QUOTE

Yea, first thing I thought of myself

There are some good deals on the Leeds store right now, I’ll be buying a good shot of stuff today, i really like the kappa gear, if only I could throw out my old Leeds clothes, I still have my thistle hotels jersey in the drawer

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Getting them young now......Charlie Allen from Linfield.https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/53734957

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

That 3rd strip must be in homage to Phil hay and his excellent service to Leeds united

Or long suffering Leeds AND Galway United fans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

Couple of bids for White rejected supposedly, Brighton say he's going nowhere

event wrote: »
    Couple of bids for White rejected supposedly, Brighton say he's going nowhere

Saw £18m and £22m rejected. There were reports earlier that another bid of £30m being rejected as well, but it seems that that was just a made-up story and there's no truth to it.

In other news, Jamie Shackleton has just signed a new 4 year contract, which is great news.

Brighton will know that they are likely to have a player who's heart is elsewhere, and a player who knows that he will be an essential starter in the Prem team.

It's just a game of numbers, where both sides eventually find common ground. Of course, there will be an element of poker going on too

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Can’t see Brighton rejecting 27/28m. Tyrone Mings cost Villa 20m last year. White is better but not that much better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

Can’t see Brighton rejecting 27/28m. Tyrone Mings cost Villa 20m last year. White is better but not that much better.

The total fee for mings to villa was 26.5 million..the reason brighton are holding out on white is because liverpool are sniffing at him

Ideally I think they want to keep him but they may be waiting to see if one of the bigger hitters comes in with a higher bid, they have an absurd number of CBs and defenders. It is almost at the point of moving on to look at other options.

Ryan Edmondson has injured his ankle in training at Aberdeen. Looks like he'll be out for 3-4 months and he's returned to Leeds to have it assessed. Seriously unlucky, he's only played about 25 minutes of first team football for them.

Apparently Stuttgart striker Nicolás González has been to Thorp Arch and Elland Road to look around the facilities. £20m is what they want and he's rumoured to be keen on a move to Leeds. He can play all across the front line and has played as striker.

• Advertisement

Hoped we'd have gotten the Bielsa contract and Adidas gear this week

Hoped we'd have gotten the Bielsa contract and Adidas gear this week

I wouldn't worry about Bielsa's contract. It's pretty much sorted, it's just he thinks prioritising other stuff first is more important.

There's always the attempt to unveil a new player when unveiling the new kit. They may be trying to get White signed up for the kit unveiling

adaminho wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry about Bielsa's contract. It's pretty much sorted, it's just he thinks prioritising other stuff first is more important.

Oh I know, but just like it done
    championc wrote: »
    There's always the attempt to unveil a new player when unveiling the new kit. They may be trying to get White signed up for the kit unveiling

If we get white I wouldn't expect it soon. It'll go to the wire.

As it stands we only have one centre half though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Struijk is a centre-half.

Hopefully the Bielsa deal is sorted soon.

I thought Barça would go for a big name manager, or an old boy. Last night's result might make them think what they need is a revolution from top to bottom, someone who will go around with a white glove checking for dust in the training facilities while the players pick up litter, a radical overhaul...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Bielsa will be announced shortly. He’s been pictured around Leeds in the new training gear.

I have not been worried one iota about Bielsa re-signing. There was no way it wasn't going to happen. Did anyone notice that, after the - admittedly hugely entertaining - events of last season: Spygate, the Villa goal, etc, that this season was conspicuously uneventful? Leeds and Bielsa were a very model of consistent, even boring, professionalism. No gossip, no scandal, no El Loco.

I think that sometime before this season started, there was a conversation between Bielsa and Radrizzani. I think that Bielsa would have been embarrassed about all of last season's shenanigans, and that he would have wanted this season to go exactly as it did - no fuss, no problems. He wanted this season to go as it did, because he wanted to take this club into the Premier League and continue as manager, hopefully for as long as he and the club wants.

It was never in doubt. In my humble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

I think the Ben White deal could be out of our reach, they will just keep on jacking up the price waiting for a Liverpool or someone to come in and over pay, we just don’t have that option, White himself should also ask to leave and tell the owners he wants to go to Leeds if that’s what he actually wants.
    I like our signings so far, building for a solid future if we can establish ourselves in the league, definitely need a few more signings that can hit the ground running

• Advertisement

It's been suggested that there was an error on the Fantasy Football website for a few minutes tonight and players were shown with their next fixture underneath their name. If it's genuine, our first match back in the PL is home to Newcastle. There'd be some atmosphere for that game if fans were allowed back.

Also we're being linked with Brazilian striker Arthur Cabral. He's 22 and spent last season on loan at basel where he scored 14 goals in 25 games. Fee of about EUR 18m is being mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

davedanon wrote: »
    I have not been worried one iota about Bielsa re-signing. There was no way it wasn't going to happen. Did anyone notice that, after the - admittedly hugely entertaining - events of last season: Spygate, the Villa goal, etc, that this season was conspicuously uneventful? Leeds and Bielsa were a very model of consistent, even boring, professionalism. No gossip, no scandal, no El Loco.

Except for the Kiko racism case, which dragged on in the background for a lonnnng time before the ban was confirmed, and then the speculation that the season could be voided (could only happen to Leeds etc.!), but that does seem like ages ago now.

But on a related note, the lack of consistent drama means we're only getting a two part follow-up to the Amazon documentary apparently. Still, will be good to see if they cover how we've moved on from all the shenanigans in 2018/2019.

Tony Cascarino babbling some nonsense about Barca headhunting Bielsa. Idiot.

And Ronald Koeman seems to be a done deal anyway.

There's a good chance Big Cas didnt know who Bielsa was back in June

There's a good chance Big Cas didnt know who Bielsa was back in June

I'm sure Matt Cooper told him a few times.....:D

Ajax goalkeeper Dani van den Heuvel, 17, signed on a three-year deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

We'll have some squad for that EFL trophy!

Ayling won the PFA fans championship player of the year

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Home kit looks good anyway.

Shlippery wrote: »

It's not the worst though. Plain text and logo in the same colours. Could have been some giant Chinese logo in red!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Wish away jersey was confirmed, want to see which one I'll get. I guess thetell be people like me who wont wait and just buy both, hence why I'm not in adidas business strategy

Apart from the size of the sponsor's logo being a bit big, I like the new shirt. It's pretty simple but the Adidas stripes are a nice contrast. Maybe would have liked the middle stripe to be yellow, but that's just nit-picking.

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/TheSquareBall/status/1296147970153492480

I saw something earlier saying Brighton had slapped a £50m price tag on him, but don't know how true that is. I'd imagine £30m is as much as we're willing to pay for him, but I wish they'd either offer that and see what happens or move on. We need to get a CB in quick, especially if it's not White who at least knows how Bielsa operates.

Love the kit. Won't be getting it but I like it. Will wait to see the training gear, looks good on the players already

Zaph wrote: »
    Also we're being linked with Brazilian striker Arthur Cabral. He's 22 and spent last season on loan at basel where he scored 14 goals in 25 games. Fee of about EUR 18m is being mentioned.

If we are interested in Cabral there'll be nothing happening for a while. He's just tested positive for COVID-19 and is in quarantine for the next 10 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Zaph wrote: »
    If we are interested in Cabral there'll be nothing happening for a while. He's just tested positive for COVID-19 and is in quarantine for the next 10 days.

Leeds that.

Leeds that.
    The one time we don't want to be ALAW :pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement