Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

More noise about Rodrigo Moreno at Valencia but a long shot according to Phil Hay.

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/rodrigo-interested-in-leeds-cut-price-deal-on-the-cards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,023 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

On Origi, think ye're missing out on what he offers. He's just an out and out natural goalscorer.

Rather than asking why he's not playing more at LIverpool, ask why Klopp still keeps him as backup when his game is the exact opposite of how Liverpool play. Liverpool forward play is all based around quick passing and movement and interplay, and that's not really what Divock does. He'll still keep the ball and keep a move going, but not with the speed and intensity in his passing that Mane, Salah and Bobby can - but his main strength is one-touch finishing, or getting the ball in or around the box taking a touch to find space, and shooting. He's good enough at that, that Klopp has kept him at Liverpool as basically the only plan B, and it's rescued a lot of points and a lot of situations.

He got an awful ankle injury against Everton in 2016 that took him almost 2 years to work back from (now regularly bangs them in against Everton seemingly as vengence), but for the past 2 seasons he's been back to his pre-injury ability.

Maybe the easiest thing is to just look at the numbers. Minutes rather than appearances, as so many of his appearances are 2 minutes or less. Across his whole Liverpool career;
    Premier League - a goal every 168 minutes. (A goal or assist every 114)
    Champions League - a goal every 135 minutes.
    EFL Cup (the only one he starts regularly) - a goal every 94 minutes.

Since, again, he's an impact option and doesn't fit Klopp's ideal system he started only 6 league games this season.
    In those 6 starts, he got 4 goals and 2 assists.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

They really are the most boring set of fans imaginable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,023 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Care to elaborate??

• Advertisement

I think the relationship between Leeds and Liverpool fans has been pretty decent since the Kop gave Revie's Leeds a standing ovation after Leeds won the title at Anfield...

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/day-liverpool-fans-anfields-kop-acclaimed-leeds-united-champions-england-2552950

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

What’s the latest transfer news ?, signed a new born baby that showed excellent promise coming out of the womb ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

What’s the latest transfer news ?, signed a new born baby that showed excellent promise coming out of the womb ?

Close! "Leeds close to signing Arsenal wonderkid Sam Greenwood – once chased by Juventus – in ‘six-figure’ deal". Talk of anywhere from £750,000-£1,500,000 up front with add ons.

All quiet on the first-team transfer front.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Can't find it now, but The Square Ball retweeted a fairly pointed-looking pic of Ben White training for Brighton.

davedanon wrote: »
    Can't find it now, but The Square Ball retweeted a fairly pointed-looking pic of Ben White training for Brighton.

If it’s the one where he is challenging for a ball in a tackle then that’s a real stretch, I think it was the Mail or someone trying stir things
    If White is actually unhappy then he should hand in a transfer request and force a move

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

SSN reporting that Brighton will refuse to do any business with Leeds for any of their players.

Hoping a defender comes in soon, but not too keen on the reports that Holding from Arsenal is a target.

Close! "Leeds close to signing Arsenal wonderkid Sam Greenwood – once chased by Juventus – in ‘six-figure’ deal". Talk of anywhere from £750,000-£1,500,000 up front with add ons.

All quiet on the first-team transfer front.
    In talks with Valencia for Rodrigo and Cabral's people are in Leeds, seeing as he has COVID and can't travel!.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

blaa85 wrote: »
    SSN reporting that Brighton will refuse to do any business with Leeds for any of their players.

Hoping a defender comes in soon, but not too keen on the reports that Holding from Arsenal is a target.

Lol #freebenwhite must have gotten under their skin :pac:

Maybe some brinksmanship on their part, but lessons must be learned from wasting too much time chasing certain targets (e.g. Che Adams, Kent last year), so hope there's some truth that the club has moved on to alternatives. Maybe not Holding though - questionable that he'd manage murderball.

Tbh I'm really struggling to follow all the transfer talk this year. Just bored with the White shenanigans, and the rest is mostly noise and Koch jokes.

Tbh I'm really struggling to follow all the transfer talk this year. Just bored with the White shenanigans, and the rest is mostly noise and Koch jokes.

They should look at Conor Noß (Gladbach).

Can't beat Noß jokes...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

event wrote: »
    Not gonna read any rumours tbh. Its lazy crap from tabloid journos.
    I'll wait and see who we have when season starts. All I want is White or someone similar and a backup striker

Still not gonna change much from this. All the transfers are ****e talk

rZCTJwS

Just got some stuff delivered, one of my all time favorite jerseys that Yeboah scored that screamed against Liverpool in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭adaminho

rZCTJwS

Just got some stuff delivered, one of my all time favorite jerseys that Yeboah scored that screamed against Liverpool in.

I still have my original pair of shorts from that kit! Unfortunately 25 years of washing knackered the elastic and Tony's arse is about all that would fit in there now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Rodrigo talk is picking up speed - seems Orta and Radz are over there to close the deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

adaminho wrote: »
    I still have my original pair of shorts from that kit! Unfortunately 25 years of washing knackered the elastic and Tony's arse is about all that would fit in there now :D

Alan Partridge style, the elastic has perished

blaa85 wrote: »

You have to admire their ambition. Didn't have a great season last year and now see Leeds as a "direct rival". So obviously they see themselves challenging for top 4 like us!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hijpo

You have to admire their ambition. Didn't have a great season last year and now see Leeds as a "direct rival". So obviously they see themselves challenging for top 4 like us!

They are going to need more than one great centre half that doesnt want to be there to avoid relegation.

Kalvin called up to the england squad

event wrote: »
    Kalvin called up to the england squad

Delighted for him and fully deserved.

Hijpo wrote: »
    They are going to need more than one great centre half that doesnt want to be there to avoid relegation.
    Well they have 7 to choose from!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Looks like we are very close to dropping €30m on Rodrigo from Valencia.

Just coming in to post that. Not prolific but will tray Bielsa. Him, Koch and Kent will probably be it

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Well Messi had just handed in a transfer request, so while Radz and Victor are already in Spain they may as well do another bit of business. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭ronan.h

maximoose wrote: »
    Rodrigo talk is picking up speed - seems Orta and Radz are over there to close the deal

Confirmed now by Valencia on Twitter

I know nothing about Rodrigo but hearing he’s a Bielsa type forward and is levels above Ollie Watkins has me very optimistic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hijpo

I know nothing about Rodrigo but hearing he’s a Bielsa type forward and is levels above Ollie Watkins has me very optimistic!

Having a browse around, seems like a poacher with great positioning. Then again all the footage is going to show that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Shlippery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

30 million for a striker who has only scored more than 8 goals once in 6 La Liga season seems a lot for a 29 year old right?

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

His club starts suggest he's not that prolific, but he scored 4 times in 7 appearances for Spain last year. OK, a couple were against the Faroes, but you don't get to play up front for Spain unless you're pretty decent. And we've seen how Bielsa can transform players like Kalvin and Klich, so I'm pretty positive about this transfer. Now if we could only get a CB nailed down I'd be a very happy man.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Atletico Madrid and Barcelona were both interested in signing him in the past year, He can play across the front 3, Spain International and from a lot of the reports I have read it seems he is the perfect signing for the way we play.

Also if FPL could just make him a 4.5m midfielder that would be the icing on the cake:D

Honestly don’t know a whole lot about him but he is clearly a very good quality player, as to what level he will perform at Leeds who knows but we need to add proven quality and this is exactly what we did

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,024 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Zaph wrote: »
    Well Messi had just handed in a transfer request, so while Radz and Victor are already in Spain they may as well do another bit of business. :D

LOL. Messi won't get out of bed for less than £400,000 a week. We can whistle Dixie for that deal. Although he likes Bielsa.

CSF wrote: »
    30 million for a striker who has only scored more than 8 goals once in 6 La Liga season seems a lot for a 29 year old right?
    If you want the 20+ striker now that would be more like £50m and an even bigger salary. He's had some mixed seasons but great on assists and creativity as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Atletico Madrid and Barcelona were both interested in signing him in the past year, He can play across the front 3, Spain International and from a lot of the reports I have read it seems he is the perfect signing for the way we play.
    +1
    From what I have read of him he has all the attributes Bielsa looks for in a player; good attitude, work rate, unselfishness and is a quality player. He certainly doesn't sound like a prolific goal scorer, more of a Firminho than a Vardy but based on what I have read it sounds like he is a real quality signing.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I think its fair to say Bilic has time for Bielsa......https://twitter.com/Poolinski/status/1297215179810275329

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Moreno deal done... 30 million for a 29 yr old who doesn't have a prolific goal scoring record.

Doesn't fill me with comfort.

• Advertisement

Keyzer wrote: »
    Moreno deal done... 30 million for a 29 yr old who doesn't have a prolific goal scoring record.

Doesn't fill me with comfort.

I remember the excitement for JKA...hopefully will go well! Nice to see players coming in where needed though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Mushy wrote: »
    I remember the excitement for JKA...hopefully will go well! Nice to see players coming in where needed though.

Speaking of JKA, is that all resolved now - did any money change hands?

Ceist_Beag wrote: »

Speaking of JKA, is that all resolved now - did any money change hands?

Haven't heard anything tbh, seems very quiet.

Happy enough. A centre half and Kent now please

Every transfer is a risk, the more money that is spent, the greater the risk. Most clubs that tried to stay up ended up with duds, even careful spenders like Brighton... would just hope to avoid Villa and spending the bones of 150 mill on a wide range of duds.

You'd expect a Spanish international playing in La Liga to be less of a risk than the "top scorer in Eriedivisie" or "next big thing in Switzerland" type buys.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

The fact that he is a full Spanish international and is apparently a bit of a work horse...I'm happy with the signing

I've said it here before too, Sheffield United really showed that you don't need to think "we need to locate a 20 goal a season striker" to do well. If he is a technically good player who works hard, it shouldn't be a bad buy.

Medical for Sam Greenwood today apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Aaaaand there's more or less confirmation of the away kit, (massive ugly JD logo)and all
    https://twitter.com/RITGK/status/1298627787985760257

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Yeah JD will be on all home shirts from next batch onwards. Deal was just announced today.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement