Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I know they want to get some bang for their buck, but that JD logo is ridiculously large for the sleeve.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Shlippery

If it were the same size as the premier league one it wouldn't be too bad...I'd the black GK kit in the basket today and it sold out when I lashed in the CC details! Ah well..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Hopefully can get the away jersey without the JD logo on it (or anything on sleeves came to it).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Latest potential arrivals are Robin Koch and Calum Chambers from Arsenal. The former seems to be at a talks stage, so very possible and the latter could be just an agent pitching a "footballer with two legs" rumour. Koch has been capped for Germany and both are in the much cheaper £10-£15m category.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hijpo

How much of a budget do the knowledgable folks here think we have with regards transfer + wage. What's the max people be happy with seeing them spend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Hijpo wrote: »
    How much of a budget do the knowledgable folks here think we have with regards transfer + wage. What's the max people be happy with seeing them spend?

Not sure on the budget but I would be happy with spending 10-15 million each on 2 more players if the money is available
    Don’t think we need more than 3 quality first team players although a few experienced backups would be handy also but in general trust what we have

I think Rodrigo is the marquee signing, I can't see us shelling out another £30m (or whatever the exact amount is) on a single player. Any deal for White looks dead in the water, there's a possibility that they would have pushed the boat out a bit further for him than the last reported bid of £22m, but Brighton don't want to do business. So I reckon Koch for £10-15m and I think Rangers will cash in on Kent if they're offered £12-15m. Rob Holding's name has been mentioned, and there are also reports of Newcastle being interested in him. Personally I'd prefer Koch, he has more top-flight experience than Holding and played for Germany a couple of times last year, so he's obviously no slouch.

After that it's hard to say. Looks like Kiko is sticking around, so we're not in the market for a keeper for now, but a couple of decent, relatively inexpensive, experienced squad players wouldn't hurt. Obviously there's the likes of Struijk, Shackleton, Poveda, etc., waiting in the wings, and presumably we'll have Forshaw back from injury soon, if he's not already back, so we're in good shape. But if things start to go south it might be no harm to have an older head or two around to help deal with it rather than heaping a lot of pressure on the younger guys.

Not sure on the budget but I would be happy with spending 10-15 million each on 2 more players if the money is available
    Don’t think we need more than 3 quality first team players although a few experienced backups would be handy also but in general trust what we have
    £50m total was a number I saw bandied about and as said Rodrigo should be at the top of the pile in salaries. Other newbies I'd guess could be in the £30-50K range.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Koch apparently is a good ball carrier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

A bit more info on the type of player Rodrigo is for anybody interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEhowtuKdQE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,024 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Keyzer wrote: »
    Moreno deal done... 30 million for a 29 yr old who doesn't have a prolific goal scoring record.

Doesn't fill me with comfort.

He is a good distributer. As long as it's not to Paddy. :D
    Only kidding. Hopefully Paddy has a good run this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

Still no training gear on site :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Hijpo wrote: »

Think Angus Kinnear said in the Square Ball interview that we'd have £75-100m to spend on 3-4 quality players. Now when you factor in agent costs and sign on fees that might well be £50m on transfer fees. Rodrigo was on €3.25m net in Spain so would guess he's on £65-75k per week. I'm happy that Radz and Kinnear won't spend more than we can afford whatever way they choose to do it.

Has anyone had any orders come through yet from the site?
    Ordered some stuff last Friday. Havent even had a dispatch email yet. Emailed them yesterday and nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

I ordered last Friday and it was delivered on Tuesday - just one home jersey

This was actually the first real kit I've bought in years. Usually would buy training gear from the club, and get kits from China. I was expecting to see a noticeable difference in quality but there was none.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

event wrote: »
    Still no training gear on site :o

The home kit isn't even on the site anymore.

I think they need to update the pics to include the naff JD sports logo!

maximoose wrote: »
    I ordered last Friday and it was delivered on Tuesday - just one home jersey

This was actually the first real kit I've bought in years. Usually would buy training gear from the club, and get kits from China. I was expecting to see a noticeable difference in quality but there was none.

I didnt get the kit, just a tshirt and shorts so wonder did they prioritise they kits instead

The training kit is up anyway. Expensive but can see myself going for this

https://shop.leedsunited.com/T1POL20120

And then probably one of these

https://shop.leedsunited.com/T1HOO20120
    https://shop.leedsunited.com/T1QTR20120

That hoody is fantastic, be getting that

• Advertisement

Still no update on my order, a week now and nothing from them. Have emailed them twice. If I could I would stop it and add the stuff above to save on postage

Just been sent. I may put in another order so :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Being reported that the deal is done for Koch at £13m. Germany international sounds ok for that until you think of Mustafi..........

whiterebel wrote: »
    Being reported that the deal is done for Koch at £13m. Germany international sounds ok for that until you think of Mustafi..........
    He's been included in the German squad so we can probably see what he's like soon enough.

whiterebel wrote: »
    Mustafi..........

35 million!

Koch may not be great...and a lot of Germans have been "meh, fine like, not terrible" in the EPL. But 13 million seems low risk for an international who, at 24, has a long career ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hijpo

35 million!

Koch may not be great...and a lot of Germans have been "meh, fine like, not terrible" in the EPL. But 13 million seems low risk for an international who, at 24, has a long career ahead.

The only thing is its possible the other germans were bought in to play as is. Bielsa should be buying them knowing they can be coached to his standards and ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Apparently the club have already sold 300,000 jerseys! That might explain why some of you are waiting on your orders. That number of sales alone should cover the purchase of Koch!

It's not 300,000 sold just yet, that's the number Adidas have on order to be produced for the season. By way of comparison, in 2017 the total number was 27,000. Apparently the club get £10 for every shirt sold, so won't pay for Koch but a handy £3m towards the cost.

Some good interviews here from new and old faces!

https://video.leedsunited.com/home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Zaph wrote: »
    It's not 300,000 sold just yet, that's the number Adidas have on order to be produced for the season. By way of comparison, in 2017 the total number was 27,000. Apparently the club get £10 for every shirt sold, so won't pay for Koch but a handy £3m towards the cost.

I wasn’t too happy when we switched to adidas, I really liked Kappa but adidas probably makes more sense for distribution purposes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭adaminho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Paywalled. Is the Athletic worth signing up too?

Mezcita wrote: »

It is in fairness, always decent articles. Normally get a good free trial and then cheap annual sub

Mezcita wrote: »

Phil Hay tweeted a code for 40% off earlier. Check the price in other currencies too, I saved an extra few quid by paying in Canadian dollars.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Looks like Koch is a done deal too. That’s a good few days work.

Looks like Koch is a done deal too. That’s a good few days work.

Announced now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭adaminho

Mushy wrote: »
    Announced now

https://twitter.com/LUFC/status/1299783881546256384

Who doesn't like a big Koch on a Saturday night!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

If he is a solid starter then it’s a great piece of business (no sign that he won’t slot straight in beside Cooper). Ben White was just too much for someone unproven at the highest level as much as we would have loved to keep him.

• Advertisement

adaminho wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/LUFC/status/1299783881546256384

Who doesn't like a big Koch on a Saturday night!

Headlines writing themselves

I think Leeds have had an excellent transfer strategy.

Which is not to say the players are excellent or it will all go well. But bringing in 2 internationals.that will strengthen the starting 11, along with a number of players who might push for the subs bench and could be the future of the club...it's smart. I mean, who would have thought Spanish and German international players would feature in the first season back up. But it's measured change, not buying half a new team stuff that some promoted clubs do.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

The majority of the team have been together for two years, which will count hugely for the season ahead. Small additions will work well.

Happy enough. A centre half and Kent now please

Just Kent now and I'm happy

Very good window by Orta.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Rodrigo de Paul being tweeted by people in the know...... We are not messing about

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

Clearly not bothered anymore with the Championship cream of the crop!

How good is it to just see the ambition, after years of flogging the crown jewels

• Advertisement

It seems that Rodrigos are like buses...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Rodrigo de Paul being tweeted by people in the know...... We are not messing about

Add Josko Gvardiol to that link by respected Italian journo. Talk of €20m for an 18 year old CB/LB. Mad times!!!

We're also being linked with Mykola Matviyenko of Shakhtar Donetsk. He's a left back who can also play CB, apparently. Has 26 caps for Ukraine, and supposedly West Ham are also interested in him. There won't be a player left in Europe that we're not linked with the way things are going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Have we / are we playing any preseason friendlies?

Zaph wrote: »
    We're also being linked with Mykola Matviyenko of Shakhtar Donetsk. He's a left back who can also play CB, apparently. Has 26 caps for Ukraine, and supposedly West Ham are also interested in him. There won't be a player left in Europe that we're not linked with the way things are going.
    If either/both of the two possible deals happen that should be it. Spending would be heading closer to three figures than the probable max of £75m originally touted. It's already at £65m!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement