Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hijpo

is_that_so wrote: »
    If either/both of the two possible deals happen that should be it. Spending would be heading closer to three figures than the probable max of £75m originally touted. It's already at £65m!

So we have brought in nine players for £61.5 including potential add-ons, three of them were undisclosed fees and we are still linked with the possibility of two more and no one is gone bar Ben White who wasnt ours.
    Considering the top four would be looking at spending €60m on one player I think it's been an unbelievable window so far and it's all be done early.

I'm so confused... I'm waiting for something absolutely mental to happen to throw it all down the shi**er

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Have we / are we playing any preseason friendlies?

Phil Hay said we were planning 6 or 7 and splitting players between them. One was planned with Fleetwood in the last few days but was cancelled due to us having too many international call-ups.
    Hijpo wrote: »
    I'm so confused... I'm waiting for something absolutely mental to happen to throw it all down the shi**er

Bielsa hasn't signed his contract yet......

Bielsa hasn't signed his contract yet......

My god, I almost vomited

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Hijpo wrote: »
    So we have brought in nine players for £61.5 including potential add-ons, three of them were undisclosed fees and we are still linked with the possibility of two more and no one is gone bar Ben White who wasnt ours.
    Considering the top four would be looking at spending €60m on one player I think it's been an unbelievable window so far and it's all be done early.

Oh I agree very good business has been done, but nudging a little more towards Villa than Sheffield United on the spending!

Josko Gvardiol of Dinamo Zagreb looks like it's almost a done deal, personal terms to sort out but no move till after their CL match this month. €20m for him. Apparently terms have been agreed with DePaul, just the finances and cost to work out with Udinese. Neither deal real till it's official!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

We are currently losing 3-0 to Stoke in a pre-season friendly. It was a strong team named too.

Leeds United XI: Casilla; Ayling, Casey, Davis, Douglas; Struijk; Costa, Shackleton, Hernandez, Harrison; Bamford

Subs: Caprile, Poveda, Roberts, Gotts

Result 3-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Kingp35 wrote: »
    We are currently losing 3-0 to Stoke in a pre-season friendly. It was a strong team named too.

Leeds United XI: Casilla; Ayling, Casey, Davis, Douglas; Struijk; Costa, Shackleton, Hernandez, Harrison; Bamford

Bielsa Out!!!!

Kingp35 wrote: »

Young centre-backs in front of Kiko is asking for trouble. Surprised we're sticking with him but maybe there's no interest yet to bring him back to Spain.

Young centre-backs in front of Kiko is asking for trouble. Surprised we're sticking with him but maybe there's no interest yet to bring him back to Spain.
    Meslier is off with the French U21s and Caprile is just a kid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

Maybe we're sticking with him and we'll move on with him. It was interesting that he played in the 2nd last game of the season, and maybe too that he started today. TBH, Meslier would be real risk as a Prem starter, and there's been absolutely no talk of a GK by uncle Phil (who has his finger well on the pulse), and surely Maizek can't be the backup to Meslier either

Meslier is off with the French U21s and Caprile is just a kid.

Yeah, I mean in terms of sticking with him for the season. Even as back up.

championc wrote: »
    Maybe we're sticking with him and we'll move on with him. It was interesting that he played in the 2nd last game of the season, and maybe too that he started today. TBH, Meslier would be real risk as a Prem starter, and there's been absolutely no talk of a GK by uncle Phil (who has his finger well on the pulse), and surely Maizek can't be the backup to Meslier either
    Miazek has left the club, Caprile the 18-19 year old is in his place. Meslier did OK against Arsenal in that one outing. Remember United have De Gea and Everton have Pickford!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Great job by Brighton on signing Ben White to a 4 year deal, must of been under a bit of pressure to cash in but they have a great player with a bright future that will definitely hold his value or he increase over the next few years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

Fair play to him too, rejected two contracts so will have gotten big money. Glad we moved on quick, we've learned a bit anyway

Seems to have gone a bit quiet on any more deals. Not too worried tbh, one more attacker be good though.

Oh FWIW I still havent gotten my order from the club. Was dispatched last Friday using Royal Mail. Wasnt sent tracked so I am not sure what they are charging £9.99 for. Pretty poor service tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Check the bottom of the despatch email?

Tracking details never show on the store website for me but always there in the last line of the despatch email, I've had 3 orders sent since the new gear went up, all tracked

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

event wrote: »
    Seems to have gone a bit quiet on any more deals. Not too worried tbh, one more attacker be good though.

I'd say the internationals have gotten in the way of any negotiations this week. Certainly in the case of the Ukrainian guy, I presume he's locked in a bubble with his teammates. Not sure about De Paul though, Argentina have no games until next month.

Phil tweeted about De Paul this morning:

https://twitter.com/PhilHay_/status/1301411666333233152

Seems to be rumours that Juve are sniffing around too and possibly delaying a decision

• Advertisement

maximoose wrote: »
    Check the bottom of the despatch email?

Tracking details never show on the store website for me but always there in the last line of the despatch email, I've had 3 orders sent since the new gear went up, all tracked

The tracking is there, when I click on it it says tracking isnt available on this service

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 258 ✭✭tdonegan1990

Hi all.
    Sorry if asked recently but just wondering if anyone has received their membership card yet for the upcoming season??

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

Hi all.
    Sorry if asked recently but just wondering if anyone has received their membership card yet for the upcoming season??

Cheers.

No, nothing for me yet.

Hi all.

Cheers.

Nope.

Any word on when jerseys will be back in stock?

Watching Germany v Spain and our striker is upfront for Spain and center back on the bench for Germany, very surreal !

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Watching Germany v Spain and our striker is upfront for Spain and center back on the bench for Germany, very surreal !

And if we sign De Paul we'll have a probable starter for Argentina in their World Cup qualifier next month. Mental.

• Advertisement

Rodrigo with an assist in the last minute

event wrote: »
    Rodrigo with an assist in the last minute

5th minute of injury time and he got up above the rest to head it down. Fantastic energy and determination to win the ball and then the focus to make the correct choice to pick out the player in a better position rather than try and get power on the header which would have probably put it over.

Also, pretty sure he out jumped Koch.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Great job by Brighton on signing Ben White to a 4 year deal, must of been under a bit of pressure to cash in but they have a great player with a bright future that will definitely hold his value or he increase over the next few years

White’s agent has set the cat among the pigeons at Brighton.....:pac:
    https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/white-disappointed-failed-leeds-transfer-18870637?fbclid=IwAR3ynPT0u9M_3GPGOCN5qiH0WPsroMysR7zBsQV2kBTBnGJvHH1LTMZKclg

whiterebel wrote: »

Well if ever a mans words are twisted by the media and blown out of proportion, this is it, all he said was “there was a tinge if disappointment” and also he is fully committed to Brighton
    I think it would be pretty obvious to most people that White would of liked to have signed for us after the season he had, I really couldn’t see Brighton fans being mad at him unless Iam missing something

• Advertisement

Any word on when jerseys will be back in stock?

Home jersey back in stock in some sizes this morning. Think Medium disappeared quick if it was there at all. Not a size that concerns me anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

Hi all.

Cheers.

Nah, stuff always seems slow getting here. Only got my gift card from the Luton match bundle yesterday!

Anyone receive any adidas gear yet? What's it like? Not mad on the stuff emblazoned with the sponsors, that JD sports logo in particular looks crap.

I wonder if members will get anything different this year given that the membership will be quite useless

I wonder if members will get anything different this year given that the membership will be quite useless

LUFC face mask and a musical hand sanitizer dispenser playing MOT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭iseegirls

It's crazy to have the start of the Premier League a few days after an international break. I don't see any friendlies lined up or how they'd even fit them in before the players out of international duty return and play on Saturday against Liverpool.

Yeah these nations league games are a bollix, terrible timing.

We are playing friendly tomorrow at 1pm against some Portuguese team, will be shown on LUTV

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Is it possible to get it without the awful JD logo on sleeve

I think China will come in handy for that :pac:

Tbf my two kits from dhgate are holding up very well! And read a few comments that the new kit is very light material. Maybe all that's different is the price tag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

The away jersey is confirmed anyway, released next Friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Robin Koch. Nice name that.....

chicorytip wrote: »
    Robin Koch. Nice name that.....

It's more like Coke, Kotch or Caulk despite the sniggers!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koch_(surname)

It's more like Coke, Kotch or Caulk despite the sniggers!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koch_(surname)

That wont stop the puns. I'm expecting both Koch blocked and Koch up to be used

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,024 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

I watched the highlights of the Stoke game. Bamford had a lot of chances and was wasteful. Same old story. He got away with it a bit last season because everyone else was playing off the park, but in the Premier League there will be nowhere to hide if he keeps wasting chances. The Premier League is unforgiving if you can't put it away.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

So many decent championship scorers have failed miserably in the Prem. And I'm not comfortable with Meslier as a starter either, but there's absolutely no word on bringing in a keeper, do maybe we're sticking with Kiko ???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

Wouldn't mind having BPF back. Saw the highlights of the NI game last night, he pulled off some fantastic saves.

blaa85 wrote: »
    Wouldn't mind having BPF back. Saw the highlights of the NI game last night, he pulled off some fantastic saves.

He was excellent, Romania could've been 3/4 up by equaliser and I only saw second half

Still talk of De Paul and Gvardiol but a new name is now rumoured, apparently as an alternative to De Paul if that doesn't happen - Barca's Rafinha Alcántara, Thiago's brother and he's mates with Rodrigo. He'd come a lot cheaper than the classy and preferable De Paul but still good quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

championc wrote: »
    So many decent championship scorers have failed miserably in the Prem. And I'm not comfortable with Meslier as a starter either, but there's absolutely no word on bringing in a keeper, do maybe we're sticking with Kiko ???

Meslier is 1st choice this season, kiko back up... Phil hay confirmed this on his podcast last week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Quite impressed with Casey in today's friendly. Very composed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement