Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,025 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Exactly, hardly helps with transfer negotiations. Grateful for all Radz's has done, but these puff pieces for his ego (see amazon doc too!!!) including the non-committal comment on Bielsa's 1 -year contract ("let's see where we go") are unnecessary.

Also, this scares the sh*te out of me

Factoring is very common against broadcasting rights for premier league clubs so far as I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

event wrote: »
    For those not using The Athletic, Phil Hay just posted a piece on the contract, must have it written for a while. Here is the main detail and reason for the delay:

The complexity of Bielsa’s contract is no secret. In most circumstances, clubs tie managers and coaching staff to individual deals and pay them directly. At Leeds, Bielsa receives the entire budget covering his backroom team and distributes the money between them himself. He has done this at other European clubs and is said to be very generous in that respect. The cost of having Bielsa and his assistants in the dug-out at Elland Road is believed to run to around £6 million in each of the past two years, making him by some distance the most expensive manager Leeds have ever had.

A renegotiation of his deal is not simply a renegotiation with Bielsa. It covers the employment of others and is more complicated as a result. There are other specific features — such as non-disclosure agreements applying to those who work around him — and the completion of talks is always prolonged by the translation of documents from English to Spanish and back again. Bielsa has no agent and uses his brother Rafael to handle the legal technicalities, although this summer, Marcelo has dealt with much of the paperwork.

The issues that drew talks out included outlining and nailing down the media duties Bielsa will face in the Premier League. The demands on him were far lower in the EFL and Bielsa’s resistance to one-on-one interviews is such that when he came to England, he tried at first to resist the interviews Sky Sports carried out before and after live games in the Championship. Here, the Premier League is also more serious and is committed to promises made to broadcast rights holders. Leeds were willing to make further changes to their training ground at Thorp Arch but spent time ironing out the plans.

Alterations to Bielsa’s coaching team are also in the pipeline, including the appointment of a new under-23s boss to fill the gap created after Carlos Corberan left for Huddersfield Town. Leeds did not resist any of Bielsa’s demands but his signature only came once everything was in perfect black and white.

Bargain alert for the Athletic here. Finally bit the bullet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

Factoring is very common against broadcasting rights for premier league clubs so far as I know.

Fair enough, just set the alarm bells going on the financial risks :o

Rumours that Cooper is out injured for tomorrow. Leeds that, if true.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,342 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

event wrote: »

Expect this thread to get busier too lads, as we start to win or get a bit nasty, I am sure plenty of other clubs fans will 'visit' us here. No one wanted to know about us in the last 16 years so I sure as hell dont want to know about them now :D

To be fair, the thread will get busier because the majority of Soccer Forums big threads are Premier League orientated.
    You should take it as a compliment, like being on MOTD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭adaminho

Any interest in a Leeds boards fantasy league? Wouldn't have to be for any money but if it was it'd just be a nominal amount like a tenner. I'm brutal but will actually be watching the Premiership this year so that should help a lot! Just for bragging rights here and only open to people that posted on the thread before we got promoted. Thank post if interested and I'll PM a code if there's 5 or more in. Can agree on non-fee/fee afterwards.

I'm trying to put in a team with only Ex-Leeds players in it. Defence is the sticking point, I was short one but Danny Rose seems to be on the way out and hasn't received a squad number. Anyone I might have missed that was on loan? I have White, Bartley and Townsend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Charlie Taylor.

Mendy played under Bielsa so I’d allow that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

I have series linked MOTD and I bought Now Tv for the their half price deal. I will finally get back to watching top flight football on a Saturday with a hangover and plenty of food to make me fat (Fatter) Enjoy tomorow all. We are back. MOT

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I have series linked MOTD and I bought Now Tv for the their half price deal. I will finally get back to watching top flight football on a Saturday with a hangover and plenty of food to make me fat (Fatter) Enjoy tomorow all. We are back. MOT

I have set up MOTD, and deleted the Quest HD series links.:D

There's 7 of us signed up for this. Any late interest? Thank this post if you want to join.

2 days til we play Liverpool in the league. That just doesn't feel right yet. No Millwall, Cardiff, Derby, Hull et al. Will take some getting used to again.

Im interested

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Radz has done an interview and said we have 35-50m of a transfer budget remaining which is good to hear.

https://www.ft.com/content/00a22bd2-2bd8-4247-8609-3c3a1e68fd27

Surprise 32 million for white on transfer deadline day when they realise no one is going to get into a bidding war for him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,541 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Nice not to be nervous about the match today. Nothing to lose, so if they win or draw it's a bonus, if they lose its expected

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Mushy wrote: »
    Nice not to be nervous about the match today. Nothing to lose, so if they win or draw it's a bonus, if they lose its expected

Yup this is the reality of it, it's a mismatch, just hope we're not thumped and it would be nice to see us score

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Rumours about Cooper must be true. Talk about thrown in at the deep end for Koch and Struijk

119182512_1766706433480860_3263833790164634397_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_sid=2c4854&_nc_ohc=t9kupLWMRFsAX-UlBBj&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&oh=a7327f553059ea6a016d9b28d8133c94&oe=5F81C5D8

Looking forward to seeing how we play in the premier league against such good opposition. Keep the result respectable and I’d be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

whiterebel wrote: »
    Rumours about Cooper must be true. Talk about thrown in at the deep end for Koch and Struijk

119182512_1766706433480860_3263833790164634397_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_sid=2c4854&_nc_ohc=t9kupLWMRFsAX-UlBBj&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&oh=a7327f553059ea6a016d9b28d8133c94&oe=5F81C5D8

They would have only met each other for the first time on Tuesday, this will be interesting

• Advertisement

3:4 Leeds win. Bamford hat trick!

Gutted for Cooper, sure he would have been looking forward to leading them out.

Is it over yet? I can't look.......:eek::eek:

JACKIE HARRADONA

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

What a goal.

• Advertisement

3:4 Leeds win. Bamford hat trick!

On course. All ok.

Exhausted

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Casey78

Exhausted

Welcome to the Premier League!
    As a Liverpool fan I think we will need a few more goals to win this game..

Some game, delighted to see a few goals anyway

Ill take 8 all now. Tks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Lads i'm very positive about how we are playing so far

This is just bananas and I’m loving it!

Get Cooper back, settle Koch in (!), be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

What a half, just like arsenal in January I'm delighted we are playing our way. 2 set pieces and a pen aside were doing well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Deep breaths, nothing to lose I guess but our center backs are struggling big time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,343 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Nobody can say it's dull anyway. Not surprising that Struijk and Koch are getting roasted a bit, but other than that we've held our own very well. We're clearly missing Cooper as a steadying influence, but it's a great learning experience for the pair of them. Delighted for Paddy getting his goal.

yeeeeeeeesssssssssss:D:D:D Klich

That's a great goal

Meslier Is doing very well

F*ck

Infuriating way to lose it

FFS

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,343 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Yep, we deserve a point from this

****e way to lose it but lots of positives to take from that. It can only get better for the two new signings too - tough first one for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,046 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Unlucky with the set pieces today. Liverpool weren't the better team. They created nothing with open play.

Gotta be positive after that. Dodgy penalty (maybe) at the end to claw it back for Champions Liverpool. We’re up and we’re ****ing staying here!!!!

Such a pity we didnt hold on. What a positive it would have been. Ah well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭championc

Well we didn't disgrace ourselves. Much cause for optimism. A great education too. We can take a lot of positives from that performance

That was harsh. Bodes well for the season though. Not many teams get 3 past Pool.

If somebody told me itd be 3-3 coming to the end and leeds weren't just hoping to hold on, I'd have been laughing (maybe not at the last bit considering the last 2 years). A lot of positives, happy with it tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Gotta be positive after that. Dodgy penalty (maybe) at the end to claw it back for Champions Liverpool. We’re up and we’re ****ing staying here!!!!

Nah, penalty all day long, he was unlucky but he caught him, easy call for the ref
    Koch was all over the place but hopefully Cooper will settle him down and organize that back line a bit better.
    Overall a positive I agree, we will need to start picking up points though and not be one of those teams that looks great but doesn’t get results

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,005 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Hard luck lads great performance.

Couldn't believe the amount of players you got forward.

Ynwa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,076 ✭✭✭✭event

Gave up way too many chances, liverpool or not. But we unsettled them very well at the back, had more passes and more possession. We are too small with set pieces though, we will be caught there imo

Confident for the year though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

Would have taken that result before the game, especially going after down in under 4 mins. Great effort. I would like to see a proven PL cb brought into the squad.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement