Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

whiterebel wrote: »

Mmm, maybe but if your hand is outstretched like that then it seems clear as day to me, wouldn’t have any arguments about either penalties

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭plibige

Have to say you've some team there. Plenty of confidence, knew your roles and were very threatening in behind our full backs. You'll do well this year.

Can see why everyone was talking about Bielsa's leeds.

I consider us lucky today, wouldn't have been 100% sure on that second penalty myself, but I've seen them given.

Hopefully things go well and you keep that style of play, cause you's definitely add something to the league!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

plibige wrote: »
    Have to say you've some team there. Plenty of confidence, knew your roles and were very threatening in behind our full backs. You'll do well this year.

Can see why everyone was talking about Bielsa's leeds.

I consider us lucky today, wouldn't have been 100% sure on that second penalty myself, but I've seen them given.

Hopefully things go well and you keep that style of play, cause you's definitely add something to the league!

Ah in fairness the second penalty is stonewall, such a lazy tackle.

But yeah, Leeds played how they always under Bielsa. Definitely didnt think they would get 3 goals. Liverpool were poor but that was partially due to Leeds also. Gave a good account and that's all that could be hoped for.

Liverpool lucky.

Not on the day, as thought they should have done better with a couple of chances.

But in coming up against that centre half pairing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Leeds should be entertaining to watch this year. I know it was the first game of the season but not many teams will come to Anfield and score 3 goals.

Looking at results in the Championship.

Feels strange, not caring about the results, almost feel sorry for clubs still stuck in that nightmare division.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

Looking at results in the Championship.

Feels strange, not caring about the results, almost feel sorry for clubs still stuck in that nightmare division.

The championship? What's that? :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Bad start from Koch, but he was better and more composed in the second half. Experienced CB badly needed to bring on Koch and Struijk. Meslier had a really good game, save from Struijk was brilliant. Pablo looked a bit lost, Klich and Costa didn't look out of their depth, as I feared they would. Harrison got a good goal, but I didn't see him do a lot else. Bamford took his goal well, but he needs to start hitting the ball first time, rather than take too many touches as he did for the first chance. KP, Ayling, Dallas solid as expected. Too many misplaced passes which put us under constant pressure. Liverpool could, and probably should, have had a few more. We probably looked far shakier at the back because of the lack of leadership. Great to get 3 at Anfield, long may it continue.

Pablo was poor as the game passed him by i thought. Liverpool pressed as much as us and id say he found that tough. We forget how old he is. Vs 'lesser' teams he'll be great imo.

Kent had another good game for rangers, would like to see us step up a move for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hijpo

After watching Fulham, Newcastle, west ham, Southampton. Our overall performance was miles ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

event wrote: »
    Pablo was poor as the game passed him by i thought. Liverpool pressed as much as us and id say he found that tough. We forget how old he is. Vs 'lesser' teams he'll be great imo.

Kent had another good game for rangers, would like to see us step up a move for him.

I'm assuming that if we do sign De Paul he'll be a straight replacement for Pablo. Pablo will still do a job for us when called upon, but I'd imagine his involvement will diminish as the season goes on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

whiterebel wrote: »
    Bad start from Koch, but he was better and more composed in the second half. Experienced CB badly needed to bring on Koch and Struijk. Meslier had a really good game, save from Struijk was brilliant. Pablo looked a bit lost, Klich and Costa didn't look out of their depth, as I feared they would. Harrison got a good goal, but I didn't see him do a lot else. Bamford took his goal well, but he needs to start hitting the ball first time, rather than take too many touches as he did for the first chance. KP, Ayling, Dallas solid as expected. Too many misplaced passes which put us under constant pressure. Liverpool could, and probably should, have had a few more. We probably looked far shakier at the back because of the lack of leadership. Great to get 3 at Anfield, long may it continue.

I agree with all this. It was a very odd game. Our CB's were very poor but they had only just met, Ayling had to keep coming into the centre to cover. We also gave the ball away more than I've seen in the last two years. However we still managed to score 3 goals and had more possession than Liverpool in Anfield. Bielsa has got to be furious with Rodrigo though, an awful tackle and gifted them the win.

Once Cooper comes back into the team and forms a partnership with Koch then I think we'll do well/

Kingp35 wrote: »
    I agree with all this. It was a very odd game. Our CB's were very poor but they had only just met, Ayling had to keep coming into the centre to cover. We also gave the ball away more than I've seen in the last two years. However we still managed to score 3 goals and had more possession than Liverpool in Anfield. Bielsa has got to be furious with Rodrigo though, an awful tackle and gifted them the win.

Once Cooper comes back into the team and forms a partnership with Koch then I think we'll do well/

I hate to see strikers back defending in the box. They have no idea how to tackle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

is_that_so wrote: »

No point turning up for the rest of the season. We haven't a hope based on that.!!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

The early 538's are pointless I'd say as they'll be based on the bottom 3 clubs playing lesser opposition last year. Be interesting to see what they say after 8/9 games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭adaminho

What are the 538s??

What are the 538s??

One of the Levi's Jeans range. Slim bootcut.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

I was delighted with the performance at the weekend, a little disappointed with the result but overall happy.

Koch had a bit of a stinker but he will only improve under Bielsa. Rest of the team looked well drilled and played well. We didn't sh1t the bed when the first goal went in and we scored 3 goals against the current PL champions, no mean feat.

The team will only improve over the next couple of weeks with training.

There's a lot of teams in the PL who wont be looking forward to playing us.

I predict a comfortable (hopefully) mid table position come end of the season.

What are the 538s??

Apologies, name of the site in the link a few posts above. I shortened it out of laziness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Cant wait, just finished the Spurs one.

Is the leeds one only 2 eps? The last season was heartbreaking watching it on TV, but brilliant. Hoped for more than 2 more episodes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

It's definitely shorter, I think I read before it was a 3-parter but not certain

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

According to Phil Hay it's just 2 episodes

https://twitter.com/PhilHay_/status/1305801803703910401?s=20

• Advertisement

What are the 538s??
    It's a site run by Nate Silver, who has done some very good political modelling in the US. Sports are a newer addition. They got Leeds spot on last season but as with all models it depends on how data changes. There's little to none for this season's EPL, especially for the new three who are currently predicted to go straight back down. Interesting to look at it over the season but definitely not now with barely a game played by all teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Goosebumps thinking about the Amazon series

Goosebumps thinking about the Amazon series

I couldn’t finish the last episode from last season, I said I’d wait until next season when we got promoted, going to be so much more satisfying watching them all together now

The signing of winger Crysencio Summerville from Feyenoord is a done deal at about €1m. He'll go into the U23s.

They are really stacking the youth team. I wonder if he hoping that we can sell them on in a few years and make a nice profit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Soft one to concede there. Everyone stood off.

We've been absolute dirt

Casilla captain. Really not happy with that, shocking decision

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Penalties for days.

As bad a performance as anything I've seen in a long time. Only Poveda can hold his head up tonight

Casilla captain. Really not happy with that, shocking decision

Christ above.

I don't really mind the result, though still think any top flight club should fight to stay in cups.

But that's an awful decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭adaminho

maximoose wrote: »

Watched the first episode before work. They don't provide subtitles for Bielsa so you've to turn them on manually. Very good so far

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

adaminho wrote: »
    Watched the first episode before work. They don't provide subtitles for Bielsa so you've to turn them on manually. Very good so far

Subs for just Bielsa worked fine for me this time, I was watching through the app on Nvidia Shield. Didn't work last year when I was using the app built into the TV.

Fine for me on the firestick

Ah lads. Just finished it there. The tears of joy were out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Enjoyed those episodes, much easier when it ends that way. Subtitles didnt work, was casting from the app

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

Granny Val and Bielsa steal the show again.

The scenes at the end with him narrating...just perfect.

I love Victor Orta :D

Plus it really shows just how vital and how much of a legend Pablo is

The scenes when Huddersfield scored.
    Plus id forgotten the feeling of Pablos goal at Swansea

Nice to see they rang Nketiah as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

Gelhardt and Greenwood have scored so far against the Portugal U23 team live on FB at the moment. They look good, looking forward to the next EFL trophy game.

2-2 result against Wolves in U23 match.

Most of the 2 episodes were a highlights reel, but the last 20 minutes brought a tear to my eye, I'm not ashamed to admit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Most of the 2 episodes were a highlights reel, but the last 20 minutes brought a tear to my eye, I'm not ashamed to admit.

Yeah last 20 minutes was beautifully done. The scenes when the team were upstairs at Elland Road when the fans turned up especially so. It was quite sad seeing Norman Hunter speaking at the 100 year event, still hard to believe he's gone.
    What struck me at the start was just how skinny those lads are. They're super fit, it's something that you tend to forget in it all but the game has evolved massively over the last twenty odd years.

Ok, season really starts today, I felt people got a bit carried away with last weeks game, almost like a week long celebration
    This game should give us a good idea on how the season might unfold, need 3 points !

Rodrigo and Bamford playing together after Pablo picked up a knock. Hopefully it works!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Rodrigo and Bamford playing together after Pablo picked up a knock. Hopefully it works!

1 up after 5 minutes

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement