Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Absolute belter by costa, great for his confidence
    Playing well so far

Jesus Bamfords end result would make you tear your hair out at times

Wow, what a retarded tackle by Koch, harsh decision but why even go for it, too late to bid on White again...lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Moment of brilliance from Costa, moment of madness from Koch.

Moment of calm by Klich

• Advertisement

Why did Bryan even push Bamford, he probably would of tried to take the ball down, gets jumbled up between his legs and ends up poking it wide

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

If any of ye went for the sports extra pass on Now TV, match is on Premier Sports too. BT is woeful...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Wow, what a retarded tackle by Koch, harsh decision but why even go for it, too late to bid on White again...lol

Bryan put his foot out in to him, dont know why var didnt overrule it. Very stupid to slide in, but he didnt make the contact. Leeds penalty was just as soft

If any of ye went for the sports extra pass on Now TV, match is on Premier Sports too. BT is woeful...

BT now querying a HT sub of Rodrigo like it's a slight on him....some learning to be done

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Thanks for that, was really wishing that Robbie Savage's mic would have stayed broken.

• Advertisement

Beautiful goal, well put away

Great pressing by us, Fulham not getting a second to settle

Get in, a beauty

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Did this Bamford guy sign during the summer or something?! Savage goal

What a brilliant goal
    Fantastic by Bamford, Odoi must be as slow as a wet week the way Bamford stride by him
    Brilliant finish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Leeds will do just fine in the Premier league this season

Ah bollix

Ffs

Jesus! Now we're hanging on!

We’ll find a way to lose this yet!

• Advertisement

Such a terrible pass by Klich

Well we're certainly entertaining! Still three points is all that matters. We're up and running.

The win is the important bit, dont care after that

Holy mother of Christ that was a roller coaster, how do you even analyze that game.
    I thought Costa was very good, great goals, constantly an outlet, constantly pressing, very good game

What a frantic game, no closing up shop with the way we play

Holy mother of Christ that was a roller coaster, how do you even analyze that game.
    I thought Costa was very good, great goals, constantly an outlet, constantly pressing, very good game

What a frantic game, no closing up shop with the way we play

Costa was good last week too, I like how hes playing so far. Improving the same way Harrison did in his second season

I think that's possibly the best performance I've seen from Costa since he joined. Good to see he's improving, I was concerned last season that we'd spent £15m on a bit of a dud.

Tough going there.

Not sure I can manage that every week :D

But three points on the board. Lots to work on. Costa, Bamford and Klich all brilliant. Kalvin a little sloppy. Rodrigo thrown in late tbf, but definitely needs more time to adjust.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Just saw the goals. Pretty classy all round, even the stupidly conceded penalties! Mad game but early days. Great to have 3 points on the board. Next time at least the CBs will have met each other first!

Goals here.

https://www.bt.com/sport/watch/video/clips/2020/september/highlights-leeds-united-4-3-fulham

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭tfer

What a start to the season, 2 games, 14 goals and a few minor heart attacks. You know your gonna get entertained when watching Leeds, brilliant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Mushy wrote: »
    BT now querying a HT sub of Rodrigo like it's a slight on him....some learning to be done

Their 4-4-2 formation for us just before the game made me laugh. Really bad coverage overall. None of these lads have seen us play last year at all or done any homework.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

is_that_so wrote: »
    Just saw the goals. Pretty classy all round, even the stupidly conceded penalties! Mad game but early days. Great to have 3 points on the board. Next time at least the CBs will have met each other first!

Goals here.

https://www.bt.com/sport/watch/video/clips/2020/september/highlights-leeds-united-4-3-fulham

What's the general consensus on the pen? I didn't see it live but does koch not completely pull out of the challenge when he realises his insanity? (fully aware what I did there btw)

Their 4-4-2 formation for us just before the game made me laugh. Really bad coverage overall. None of these lads have seen us play last year at all or done any homework.

Bamford was asked afterwards can we expect leeds to play this way all season. Really hoped he'd say well they've been at it 2 years so it's not a shock

What's the general consensus on the pen? I didn't see it live but does koch not completely pull out of the challenge when he realises his insanity? (fully aware what I did there btw)

To continue with the theme, as Billy Connolly once said, by that point wild horses couldn't stop him!
    There wasn't much contact but enough to concede the penalty, it was a mad lunge.
    The penalty given to Palace in the later match, now that was one incredibly bad decision, even if it was against Man Utd.

Both penalties were directly due to poor decision making by the defenders. Why Bryan felt the need to put his hand on Bamford's back is a mystery, there was only ever going to be one outcome. But while Koch does appear to see the error of his ways midway through the tackle, the damage was already done at that stage and again the outcome was inevitable. Personally I thought that Bryan had pushed the ball too far in front of himself to be able to do anything useful with it even if he saved it from going out for a goal kick. But even though he appeared to be stumbling, as soon as he came into contact with Koch's foot he was going down and a penalty was going to be given. It was definitely a soft penalty, but there was obviously just enough in it for it not to be overturned by VAR. Koch has had a tough start, but he will get better when he settles in a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    To continue with the theme, as Billy Connolly once said, by that point wild horses couldn't stop him!
    There wasn't much contact but enough to concede the penalty, it was a mad lunge.
    The penalty given to Palace in the later match, now that was one incredibly bad decision, even if it was against Man Utd.

It makes a joke of the whole VAR thing...that was not a penalty

• Advertisement

Zaph wrote: »
    Both penalties were directly due to poor decision making by the defenders. Why Bryan felt the need to put his hand on Bamford's back is a mystery, there was only ever going to be one outcome. But while Koch does appear to see the error of his ways midway through the tackle, the damage was already done at that stage and again the outcome was inevitable. Personally I thought that Bryan had pushed the ball too far in front of himself to be able to do anything useful with it even if he saved it from going out for a goal kick. But even though he appeared to be stumbling, as soon as he came into contact with Koch's foot he was going down and a penalty was going to be given. It was definitely a soft penalty, but there was obviously just enough in it for it not to be overturned by VAR. Koch has had a tough start, but he will get better when he settles in a bit.

I agree that there’s been enough positives in Koch to think that by the times Bielsa has him up to speed he’ll be a serious player. Hopefully it takes 2-3 months but we’ll see. Rodrigo will be another slow burner from the looks of it. No new signing walks into a Bielsa team and fits straight in. Both quality players obv, just be a while before we see the best of them. Thought Cooper was great on his return. The leader needed back there now but we’re making silly mistakes. Wouldn’t mind a high quality LB arriving as much as I love Dallas. Think pacey strikers/wingers will target that area and he’ll do ok but tough gig.

I think it’s clear we need to get in another body or two for squad depth at this stage. I love Alioski but he’s not what I want to see coming on with a goal lead to defend entering the end of a game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

Philips needs to step up and do a bit more for me. He dominated the championship but its different now, needs to be a bit more solid defensively

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

I'm more concerned that Koch couldn't get off the ground for their 3rd than I am about the peno

event wrote: »
    Philips needs to step up and do a bit more for me. He dominated the championship but its different now, needs to be a bit more solid defensively
    The problem for him is that he can't do that while the defence is as misfiring as it is at present. He's not a defender at this level, even in an emergency. He also had two people on him most of the time yesterday. Sort out the defence, by getting the same CBs to play together, and he can do his thing better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭J Cheever Loophole

I'm more concerned that Koch couldn't get off the ground for their 3rd than I am about the peno

I'm open to correction, but was it not Cooper beaten in the air? Regardless though, for me the keeper was at fault. Came, then belatedly tried to stay his ground and was caught in no man's land.

After letting them back in, I thought we absolutely butchered a couple of great goal chances to finish them off. Klich on at least one occasion made a terrible final pass.

Great to get the win. Delighted to see Costa and Bamford play so well. Definite reasons to look ahead with optimism.

I'm open to correction, but was it not Cooper beaten in the air? Regardless though, for me the keeper was at fault. Came, then belatedly tried to stay his ground and was caught in no man's land.

After letting them back in, I thought we absolutely butchered a couple of great goal chances to finish them off. Klich on at least one occasion made a terrible final pass.

Great to get the win. Delighted to see Costa and Bamford play so well. Definite reasons to look ahead with optimism.

I am sure it was cooper too, commentator kept on saying Koch but it was cooper that jumped with Mitrovic directly, Koch could of well been out of position also and let’s be fair, Mitrovic is a beast in the air.
    I really do worry for Koch, 100% give him time to adapt but it could be a tough transition for him, Iam sure Bielsa will give him every chance to improve and settle
    And yea, keeper got totally mixed up and got stranded

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

I was surprised that Koch and Cooper didn't play on Wednesday night, to get a competitive game together under their belts, and to give Koch some additional match experience.

Mind you, it's great to see us scoring in such numbers. I'd say you'd have to go back quite far to find the last occurance of scoring 7 in two games. It will be a huge confidence booster for Bamford and now for Costa.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

championc wrote: »
    I was surprised that Koch and Cooper didn't play on Wednesday night, to get a competitive game together under their belts, and to give Koch some additional match experience.

Same here, I thought it would be an ideal run out to get 2 CBs to get some game time, be it Koch and Struijk, or Koch and Cooper.

whiterebel wrote: »
    Same here, I thought it would be an ideal run out to get 2 CBs to get some game time, be it Koch and Struijk, or Koch and Cooper.
    Cooper wasn't confirmed fit until Friday and Bielsa wanted to use that cup for game time for the U23s. Struijk came on when it was clear the defence was not working at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Totally different beast compared to the championship - give the lad a break.

So far so good for me, we lost to the reigning champions (and deserved a point) and beat Fulham. We've scored 7 but conceded 7.

We've got work to do defensively but my biggest concern was scoring goals in the PL. We seem to be doing ok in that regard.

Koch will come good, he's not playing in the German team for the craic. Hopefully Rodrigo will settle and find form, bang in a few goals.

I'm basking in the ambience, for now.

Looks like Gvardiol is off to Red Bull Leipzig and we're still at an impasse with De Paul. Dan James linked either on loan or permanent once they sign a winger. Ruslan Malinkovsky linked as De Paul alternative.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

Keyzer wrote: »
    Totally different beast compared to the championship - give the lad a break.

Yes I know. He's the only one I am expecting to hit the ground running because he is that good.
    Looks like Gvardiol is off to Red Bull Leipzig and we're still at an impasse with De Paul. Dan James linked either on loan or permanent once they sign a winger. Ruslan Malinkovsky linked as De Paul alternative.

I dont know why, but I get the feeling these Malinkovsky & DePaul potential signings are Orta players. Bielsa wants Kent more it seems, I dont know why we dont just push the boat out and get him.

Yes I know. He's the only one I am expecting to hit the ground running because he is that good.

I dont know why, but I get the feeling these Malinkovsky & DePaul potential signings are Orta players. Bielsa wants Kent more it seems, I dont know why we dont just push the boat out and get him.

Big year for Rangers, might take a lot to persuade them to sell him.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I think Bielsa would be delighted to get Dan James.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement