Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Not a bad performance. They had some class players but not better than us overall I think. Nice to see Pablo back. CB and Philips’ form the concerns with a quick turnaround to Villa.

Won’t be paying the €15 for that even though my initial reaction to the PPV games being announced was that I’ll do anything to see them all. Think the food bank charity idea I’ve seen on Twitter is really nice and will donate instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,023 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

The final ball was abysmal tonight. The new guys were poor.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Look, we’re not going to win them all. I find myself having to tell myself to stop and remember we’re in the premier league now and that the opposition are a much higher class than what we faced last year.

Some positives
    - I thought Koch was excellent. The more I see of him the happier I am that we didn’t overpay for Ben White.
    - Pablo is back and will be a good impact sub coming on (I doubt we’ll see him start much again)
    - Rodrigo is really coming into it, he was one of the few bright sparks in the last 15mins when the team looked drained.
    - Raphina looks promising

Negatives
    - the OG aside, Kalvin was way off the pace tonight. Some of his passing was very sloppy. Hopefully it’s a one off and not fatigue as our next game is Friday night.
    - Harrison’s deliveries weren’t great and neither were deliveries in general. A lot of overhit ball.
    - Costa had a few sparks early on but didn’t do much after that. I’d wonder would Raphina be worth a shout over him next day out against Villa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Well, I think Wolves just about deserved that, we switched off for 20 mins affront the start of second half and they punished us.
    We didn’t test them enough despite having a lot of the ball, ahh well, they are a good team

We hammered then in the first half. Overall 68% possession, 13 shots to their 7 and lost to a poor goal. But if we're not clinical we can't really complain. Thought we looked more out of sorts than I've seen for some time and the substitutions were each 15/20 minutes too late.
    And I'd have had no complaints had their excellent disallowed goal stood.
    We deserved a draw, or more, but we can have no complaints.

Some positives

My predictive ability...
    0-1 to Wolves.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

The final ball was abysmal tonight. The new guys were poor.

I thought Raphinha did well in his few minutes.

My predictive ability...

Is your surname Coady?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    We hammered then in the first half. Overall 68% possession, 13 shots to their 7 and lost to a poor goal. But if we're not clinical we can't really complain. Thought we looked more out of sorts than I've seen for some time and the substitutions were each 15/20 minutes too late.
    And I'd have had no complaints had their excellent disallowed goal stood.
    We deserved a draw, or more, but we can have no complaints.

Hammered might be a little strong for me, definitely think we dominated and were by far the better team but they soaked it up well, they were very organized at the back and nearly nicked one before the half. We didn’t create that many clear cut chances that tested the keeper.
    They have some real genuine quality in that team, Conor Coady is an exceptional leader for that team.
    If we got a goal at the end I don’t think Wolves could complain but they executed their game plan well and fair play to them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Forgot to say, if anyone doesnt have the Athletic and wants a months free trial, send me on an email address and I'll send on the gift pass link. Have 4 to give away. They normally have deals anyway but may as well be used

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Look, we’re not going to win them all. I find myself having to tell myself to stop and remember we’re in the premier league now and that the opposition are a much higher class than what we faced last year.

Some positives
    - I thought Koch was excellent. The more I see of him the happier I am that we didn’t overpay for Ben White.
    - Pablo is back and will be a good impact sub coming on (I doubt we’ll see him start much again)
    - Rodrigo is really coming into it, he was one of the few bright sparks in the last 15mins when the team looked drained.
    - Raphina looks promising

Negatives
    - the OG aside, Kalvin was way off the pace tonight. Some of his passing was very sloppy. Hopefully it’s a one off and not fatigue as our next game is Friday night.
    - Harrison’s deliveries weren’t great and neither were deliveries in general. A lot of overhit ball.
    - Costa had a few sparks early on but didn’t do much after that. I’d wonder would Raphina be worth a shout over him next day out against Villa.
    Agree with all of that, especially Koch, thought he was excellent again last night. He is a much more aggressive defender than White (although not quite as good a passer possibly).
    Once again I thought Meslier looked really good, it's hard to believe he's only 20.
    As many of us had said, Wolves are a really well organised and drilled team and they were quite happy at times to let us have the ball as they defended well. We will find it hard against teams like that but the positives from an attacking sense for me were Rodrigo and even though it was only a brief appearance, Raphinha looked exciting.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

It was a frustrating match last night. We controlled most of it and played the game in their half but in all honesty we created very little bar a couple of headed opportunities. We never really looked like scoring, Wolves defence was too well organised and we had no new ideas to break them down.

As other have said, Phillips looked way off the pace and was poor. Can't really blame him for the goal, he wasn't to know that Meslier had it covered, but his general play was poor. Looks like him being in the England squad is a bad thing for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Disappointing result. Wolves defended very well first half but our final ball was poor, Harrison didn't have a great game. Think a draw would have been the fair result, very lucky with their goal. VAR got the offisde goal right but I think we should have had a pen and Jiminez should have gone.

Philips' worst game that I can remember.

Koch had another brilliant game, he's looking like an absolute bargain. Injuries are looking a little worrying though.. Struijk didn't look comfortable going off and neither did Philips by the end..if Cooper and Llorente are out for long I'm not feeling good about the defence.

It's daft we are playing again on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

maximoose wrote: »
    Disappointing result. Wolves defended very well first half but our final ball was poor, Harrison didn't have a great game. Think a draw would have been the fair result, very lucky with their goal. VAR got the offisde goal right but I think we should have had a pen and Jiminez should have gone.

Philips' worst game that I can remember.

Koch had another brilliant game, he's looking like an absolute bargain. Injuries are looking a little worrying though.. Struijk didn't look comfortable going off and neither did Philips by the end..if Cooper and Llorente are out for long I'm not feeling good about the defence.

It's daft we are playing again on Friday.

Nicely summed it up. Mixed bag for VAR, it's very annoying when it's not clear if those two incidents were even reviewed at the time.

Hammered might be a little strong for me, definitely think we dominated and were by far the better team but they soaked it up well, they were very organized at the back and nearly nicked one before the half. We didn’t create that many clear cut chances that tested the keeper.
    They have some real genuine quality in that team, Conor Coady is an exceptional leader for that team.
    If we got a goal at the end I don’t think Wolves could complain but they executed their game plan well and fair play to them

69% possession in the first half, nine shots to their two and they only got into our box on two occasions, both late in the half. Had we been two up they'd have had no cause for complaint but, as you say, they were well organised with some quality players. And yes, their keeper had far less to do than Meslier.

I also felt their disallowed goal should have stood and it would have been a better way to lose than what was effectively an own-goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Jimmy Two Times

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    69% possession in the first half, nine shots to their two and they only got into our box on two occasions, both late in the half. Had we been two up they'd have had no cause for complaint but, as you say, they were well organised with some quality players. And yes, their keeper had far less to do than Meslier.

Very similar to many of the home games we played in the Championship last year,all the possession and mugged at the end,particularly Derby, Wigan and The Wendies.Plenty of possession,most of it out wide but not many real chances.

Wolves are obviously far superior to any of these and have beaten better teams than we are, so plenty to be optimistic about.

Agree about KP, looked well off the pace except for the last twenty of the first half when he pushed forward.

• Advertisement

Very similar to many of the home games we played in the Championship last year,all the possession and mugged at the end,particularly Derby, Wigan and The Wendies.Plenty of possession,most of it out wide but not many real chances.

Wolves are obviously far superior to any of these and have beaten better teams than we are, so plenty to be optimistic about.

Agree about KP, looked well off the pace except for the last twenty of the first half when he pushed forward.

Very true, hence a surprising delay in getting the subs on when we looked so flat early in the second half. Poveda, Pablo and Raphinha all looked sharp and shoving them on twenty minutes earlier should have got us an equaliser.

I'm disappointed that we don't have a poacher to get us twenty per season but feel that Bamford, Rodrigo, Hernandez, Raphinha, Phillips, Harrison and others are going to net us plenty of goals. Starting on Friday hopefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭adaminho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

Just saw that. Thats awful.

We are in trouble now

event wrote: »
    Just saw that. Thats awful.

We are in trouble now

Problem is both Strujik and Koch can slot in there but we're screwed at centre half! Hopefully Coops and Llorente are back soon!

Was really looking forward to seeing Kalvin against Grealish again but very concerned about this game now.

Villa have added real quality to their team with Watkins, Cash and Barkley.

Anything from this game will be a bonus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Neither Coops (doubtful) or Llorente fit for Friday, with Struijk filling in for Philips apparently...

Push Dallas out to RB and put Ayling in CB? Alioski LB then?

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Neither Coops (doubtful) or Llorente fit for Friday, with Struijk filling in for Philips apparently...

Push Dallas out to RB and put Ayling in CB? Alioski LB then?

Yeah that's probably the likely outcome. Before Bielsa confirmed Struikj would take Kalvin's spot there was some talk that Klich could drop back with Pablo slotting into centre mid.

Bielsa could do something mad like play Cresswell or Davis but we'll wait and see.

Lllorente being out is a killer along with Cooper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Very good Davis!

Leif started that famous 3_2 win at villa Park 2 years ago, I think he'll start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

Very good Davis!

Leif started that famous 3_2 win at villa Park 2 years ago, I think he'll start
    I think you will find that the villa team you beat 3-2 in the championship is not the same team that villa have now.

GHOST MGG wrote: »
    I think you will find that the villa team you beat 3-2 in the championship is not the same team that villa have now.

Wow - tell us more please.

GHOST MGG wrote: »

:confused:

Does that mean Davis can't play?

Bielsa said that Struijk will be replacing Phillips so he is obviously confident he wont be needed at centre half

You wouldnt think we are playing in 5 hours!!

You wouldn't think we are playing in 5 hours!

Probably 'cos we're all really afraid of this one. I know I am.

They're a really decent team this year with the serious additions they've made to their squad and we're missing some important players.

Could get ugly....................or we could be brilliant and surprise them.

Take the hand off you for a draw now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

I bought the game at 17 euro, going to make the most out of tonight. Have one of those 5ltr kegs ready to go.

• Advertisement

Definitely nervous given how things have gone this week. What do people think of the lineup? Is Cooper definitely out? If so is it simply a question of Davis or Alioski at LB with Dallas to RB and Ayling into the center?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    Definitely nervous given how things have gone this week. What do people think of the lineup? Is Cooper definitely out? If so is it simply a question of Davis or Alioski at LB with Dallas to RB and Ayling into the center?

Alioski, Ayling, Koch, Dallas will probably be the back 4. Would be a bit worried Alioski as he wasn't at best against Citeh earlier. Hopefully Struijk will do well.
    Will be interesting to see what attacking players will start. Good options out of Raphinha, Costa, Harrison, Rodrigo, Hernandez, Poveda, Roberts. Bielsa normally keeps a settled side so not expecting any changes outside of the injured ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Yeah would probably go with the above back 4, also echoing the worry around Alioski. Would like to see Raphinha/Poveda introduced a bit sooner tonight, if Costa is struggling. Here's hoping the delivery is better tonight too..

Listened to this during the week - https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9hbmNob3IuZm0vcy8zNGMxOTM1OC9wb2RjYXN0L3Jzcw/episode/OWVmZGY3OWEtOTgzZi00ZTNmLWJiNTctMGVkNjUwYzhiZGVl?hl=en-IE&ved=2ahUKEwittP-bh8vsAhX-UBUIHZooApcQieUEegQICRAI&ep=6 - well worth a listen. Lucas Radebe interviewed on Jermaine Beckford's podcast. Two legends.

Nervous for tonight. There should be a few goals just a question of which way they go!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

Not confident at all with Phillips and probably Cooper out, and think Davis will come in at CB. Would take a point.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

A little off topic...but I have seen loads of people hosting the games and inviting loads of mates over... really not going to help the current Covid19 situation in the north of England

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Not confident at all with Phillips and probably Cooper out, and think Davis will come in at CB. Would take a point.

I'd take a point even if we had a full team tonight

Rodrigo should have 2

• Advertisement

Struijk subbed off after 20 mins

Struijk subbed off after 20 mins

He nearly got booked again mins after his first one. I knew when I saw Bielsa's reaction he wouldn't see the half out.

Heart attack stuff from Ayling

Bamford has to score there.

Nasty from the Villa 4 afterwards

Bamford has to score there.

Nasty from the Villa 4 afterwards

And right after Grealish fell over too. Surprised var dudnt look at the afters

Everything is going down the left for both teams. We look really good on the break, Harrison has been superb. Bamford really should have scored that last chance. Some of our passing at time though has been shocking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,023 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

blaa85 wrote: »
    I bought the game at 17 euro, going to make the most out of tonight. Have one of those 5ltr kegs ready to go.

€17 is steep. There are other means. Just sayin'

Andy Townsend saying var didnt review the grealish incident as it was outside the box....should be able to get a refund from bt if that's the standard of analysis being provided

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Reduced to following writen commentary updates.
    Reads like we are playing well, getting chances, haven't scored though, a repeat of the wolves game? If this turns out to be two very similar games on the bounce then teams have figured out how to set up against is already.

Hijpo wrote: »
    Reduced to following writen commentary updates.
    Reads like we are playing well, getting chances, haven't scored though, a repeat of the wolves game? If this turns out to be two very similar games on the bounce then teams have figured out how to set up against is already.

Pm sent

BAMFORD

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement