Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

iseegirls wrote: »
    So hard to predict a Leeds game. Even looking at the 4 matches that Palace have played - how did we lose against them 4-1 inbetween their 3 losses.

And playing Everton, the most unpredictable team...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,911 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Mushy wrote: »
    Any predictions for later? Think be a tight enough game, certainly wont be much in it. Hopefully sneak a win, but certainly take a draw

Coleman & Digne missing swings it in our favour I think. I don't think their defence will cope with relentless attacks. 1-3 Leeds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Poor Bradley Peacock-Farrells first premiership game turning into a nightmare thanks to absolutely atrocious Burnley defending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

Zaph wrote: »
    Kind of had to be really, didn't it?

Yeah. Would like to see them do something for Speed like that. I know he hadn't the impact of the others though but was just him being so young

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Poor Bradley Peacock-Farrells first premiership game turning into a nightmare thanks to absolutely atrocious Burnley defending.

And now a terrible own goal while in the process of a great save.

Or not as var intervenes

Same lineup as last game, no Rodrigo.

Everton gone to 3 at the back, no new left back to exploit

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

What a save!!! Cooper making stupid mistake.

Amazing save, spares Coopers blushes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,024 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Harrison has no excuse for missing that chance. Bloody hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

Really can't be missing these chances

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

We have to start scoring these. Kitchen sink getting thrown at Everton here. Brilliant leap by Raphinha to get the header back in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,896 ✭✭✭Hijpo

....Sigh....

And yet a penalty given against Koch for a ricochet? VAR is beyond a joke.

In fairness the rule was softened since then.

Another let off too, then nearly score ourselves, bamford misjudged the follow up.

Playing so well, you can see the sucker punch coming.

Get in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

Yeeeeeesssssssssssssss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

He’s deserved that goal. And we have too overall. GET IIIIINNNNN!!!!

Unreal stuff

• Advertisement

What a miss

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Deserved win, but it should have been wrapped up a lot earlier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Superb result and shows we deserve to be where we are and talked about like we are. Good times!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Congratulations Leeds well deserved win. Super

Big result, game was all over the place

Gabby Agbonlahor is sad....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

What a result, what a game... Everton allowing KP to play quarterback was a terrible plan....

What a finish from rafa... 2nd clean sheet in row.... Good mood :)

Meslier did a superb job for us today. Really happy with the team performance.

Great performances all around. I thought Raphinha was superb, Koch starting to look the real deal. If Klich had bought his shooting boots it could have been far more comfortable. Messier made some great saves again. Another valuable 3 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Great win. Meslier immense as was KP. Still not sure about Koch. Harrison having too many poor games IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭Guffy

Have to say, Leeds are currently my favourite team to watch.

• Advertisement

On this form Meslier would have to be in France squad for the euros next year as 3rd keeper

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Meslier!

https://twitter.com/ROI_LUFC/status/1332809216193687555

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

His worth must be rising by £1m per match. Really know when to come out, and when to stay put.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Hmm, nearly 100 shots in 4 games with few goals to show for it, worrying echoes of last season. Really great win but need to be far more ruthless in front of goal.

is_that_so wrote: »
    Hmm, nearly 100 shots in 4 games with few goals to show for it, worrying echoes of last season. Really great win but need to be far more ruthless in front of goal.

Harrison's miss yesterday is crazy. Ball laid on a platter, cant miss them. If the keeper makes a wonder save, cant complain too much, but putting it wide is outrageous l.

Bamford needed to take his chance too, hitting it low and not all too hard gives the keeper too much of a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I only watched the extended highlights so it’s hard to get a good gauge, KP looked non existent but obviously it’s hard to tell without seeing the full game.
    Meslier did well but people should also expect some big mistakes, I wasn’t blown away by his performance , **** will happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭adaminho

I only watched the extended highlights so it’s hard to get a good gauge, KP looked non existent but obviously it’s hard to tell without seeing the full game.
    Meslier did well but people should also expect some big mistakes, I wasn’t blown away by his performance , **** will happen

https://twitter.com/Squawka/status/1332769390056628225

https://twitter.com/_Bairdo/status/1333006961999306758

My favourite stat is that 6 players that started yesterday were Pre-Bielsa signings!

Harrison's miss yesterday is crazy. Ball laid on a platter, cant miss them. If the keeper makes a wonder save, cant complain too much, but putting it wide is outrageous l.

Bamford needed to take his chance too, hitting it low and not all too hard gives the keeper too much of a chance.

These misses are going to cost us games.
    Bielsa needs to spend a week on the training camp on how to finish an open chance.
    There is/was a clip on Youtube of Giles, Eddie Gray and Duncan McKenzie practicing shooting for Leeds in 1974. They had a big sheet of wood with holes cut out and the idea was to get the ball into the hole from range. It improved the placement skills.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭adaminho

Bielsa needs to spend a week on the training camp on how to finish an open chance.
    There is/was a clip on Youtube of Giles, Eddie Gray and Duncan McKenzie practicing shooting for Leeds in 1974. They had a big sheet of wood with holes cut out and the idea was to get the ball into the hole from range. It improved the placement skills.

Give me Bielsa ball all day long!I can't see any reason to go back to anything else! Giles would be a god under him!

• Advertisement

In fairness, Bamford cost £7 million, Harrison cost nothing yet, and Raphinha cost £17 million.
    They are on fractions of the salaries of the front players at the clubs they just took 4 points from, like Everton with internationals like Richarlison, Rodriguez and Calvert Lewin, or Arsenal who spent the bones of £200 million on Lacazette, Aubamyemang and Pepe. We have to expect waste, but even if those 2 groups were willing to take enormous pay cuts, I would prefer the spirit and attitude of the 3 Leeds players at a fraction of the cost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,911 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

is_that_so wrote: »

Absolutely, but i believe that will come. One of our opponents is going to get a thrashing very soon. Old Trafford would be my preference.

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Absolutely, but i believe that will come. One of our opponents is going to get a thrashing very soon. Old Trafford would be my preference.

Calling it now, we will annihilate West ham imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

KP was absolutely sensational... Meslier was superb, his save from doucoure in the first half was better than the save against Sheffield United in my opinion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Harrisons miss :eek:omg, imagine if that was Robbie Keane back in the day, with all the possession and chances this team are creating Keane would be in his element.
    Bamford is more a give and go link up type of floating striker, he's never going to be high on the goal scoring charts, he's definitely better because of Bielsa and the better quality players he has around him this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Jimmy Two Times

Harrison ( 2 ) and Bamford have to score those.

I've been in Pat's corner for ever but he has to smash that,chest high into the net. Anything along the ground from there makes it easy for keeper or a defender to clear it.

Harrison's first was just like the one he missed in the Wendies home game last season,the one we lost 2 - 0. Honestly it was easier to score. Does all the hard work getting to the right position and can't finish it.

Second one, same as Pat's he has to smash it chest high and he scores or maybe gets a penalty for handball.

Still look a little ropey at the back when we commit to all out attack but that's going to be it for the season now. Every game will be exilharating and torture to watch.

Been saying for years that it's never boring been a Leeds fan. That used to relate to off pitch matters. Least now it's all good off the pitch and the excitement comes form watching this team play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Whatever about the first miss by Harrison, what about the run and perfectly weighted pass from Raphinha! This lad is really exciting.

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    Whatever about the first miss by Harrison, what about the run and perfectly weighted pass from Raphinha! This lad is really exciting.

I reckon he will frustrate us at times. But he's only a kid so need to be patient.

But what a talent. Fair play to Orta again, getting him for very cheap

I fear that Pablo has played his last game for us too :(

He's out with a mystery injury since the spat with the bottle. He could be off on loan in January and then thats it. Be sad to see

---

This is a great creation

https://twitter.com/footymishmash/status/1332408488081952773/photo/1

• Advertisement

KP was absolutely sensational... Meslier was superb, his save from doucoure in the first half was better than the save against Sheffield United in my opinion

I totally believe it, as I said the highlights can be very deceiving.
    One of Mesliers saves was fantastic, hopefully he keeps on growing, if he literally fills out his frame a bit, he will be a lot more imposing coming out for corners etc

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement