Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Terrible penalty, knew hed miss it

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

We'll get another chance. Better be a better effort

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

He'll put this one into the stand......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Mushy wrote: »
    Terrible penalty, knew hed miss it

Retake keeper tiny bit of his line.. come on klick burst it

Out of jail. Thought thered be a retake cos a west ham player was well into the box the first one.

Also....that defence splitting pass by Cooper

• Advertisement

Out of jail. Thought thered be a retake cos a west ham player was well into the box the first one.

Also....that defence splitting pass by Cooper

That was a great intercept and ball by Cooper.

What a ball by Raphinha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,911 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    Also a bit optimistic, I think Raphinha and Rodrigo could strike up a good understanding given time together.

Being compatriots with similar styles will hugely help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

Just noticed Pablo on the bench. I had feared he was gone

Do we seem a bit sluggish in defence?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,024 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

I have counted 4 times Rodrigo has given it away in midfield leading to West Ham chances.

So soft.

Another bloody corner.

That Soucek is always dangerous in the box. Terrible defending from a corner again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,896 ✭✭✭Hijpo

I have counted 4 times Rodrigo has given it away in midfield leading to West Ham chances.

I'd like if we just slowed it down a bit and showed more composure. Everything the last 15 minutes looks to be like it has been fast ball out of defence has gone to west ham.

Soucek on Dallas? Jesus christ lads.

I can understand MB not changing the way he plays. I can understand we will always commit bodies forward, even in the 95th minute.

But I cannot understand his refusal to change how we defend set pieces. It is costing us points, he has to be accountable for that

Hes not a midfielder though. He's a striker and usually always plays there or wide. Playing Central midfield for Bielsa in the premier league is tough. I think we are doing him a disservice playing him there tbh

Rodrigo straight at the keeper. Anywhere else.

I never knew Moyles was such a B@st@rd.; Imagine calling anyone your "replacement Fellaini......."

Rodrigo too loose in midfield. Will cost us.

• Advertisement

Klich has been poor all game

Philip's being marked out of the game again. Bowen has followed him everywhere the past 15 minutes.

Get Harrison off. Not offering much tbh. Get Raph over to the left and Poveda on the right.

20 mins to go, get Pablo on if Rodrigo still struggling. It'll give Rice something to think about

How many times does the hand have to hit a ball before it is a handball? Glad to hear the rules were "tweaked" after Koch got done against Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

How many times did he handle that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Alioski looks like a liability again, out of position a number of times. Raphinha looks our most dangerous player. One player who looks completely at home in the premier league is Ayling, really impressed with him this season. As has been said, we do need to show a bit more composure in attack

Our crossing is going nowhere, bar Bamford's last header they've been nonchalantly knocking it away each time. More on the ground I think, and more guile.

We look tired.

Costa and Shackleton on for Alioski and Harrison

Phillips gone centre half?

• Advertisement

Better

Damn if Shackleton hit that pass softer it would have worked out

Will we see a sub being subbed?

Costa hauled off??

Hijpo wrote: »
    Will we see a sub being subbed?

Costa hauled off??

He is so lightweight. I cannot believe he was brought on at half Time.

Him and poveda are too small. You get away with that if you're someone like David Silva (even though he was stronger than he looks). Id be getting Pablo on now

Pablo to come on and give us some composure near their box?

• Advertisement

Declan rice is steady out, just seems to be positioned perfectly every time. Just far enough away to get ahead of the attacker in the air but close enough to close quickly if they get it to feet.

Bamfords movement seems to be always central rather than running the channels, evidence was him running straight into ogbonna rather than in behind when balbuena got pulled out wide.

event wrote: »
    Him and poveda are too small. You get away with that if you're someone like David Silva (even though he was stronger than he looks). Id be getting Pablo on now

I thought that about Poveda too, but he seems to give defenders plenty of problems. Costa just gets knocked off the ball too easily.

We are seriously under the kosh now. Cooper is not good enough at this level.

Some man Meslier

I'd take a draw right now, we're really struggling. Great save by Meslier

• Advertisement

Meslier is our equivalent to De Gea for united when he had that unbelievable season. A save worth as much as a goal.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

whiterebel wrote: »
    I thought that about Poveda too, but he seems to give defenders plenty of problems. Costa just gets knocked off the ball too easily.

I agree, is have Poveda on ahead of Costa every time. He might be small, but he's hard to dispossess and gets his crosses in. Costa just runs into dead ends and then falls over.

Oh look, a set piece conceded again

It was Costa's mistake that caused the free kick. Useless.

Costa you absolute bell end

Again.

Oh look, a set piece conceded again

Its a joke and the main criticism of MB tbh

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Cooper poor on the set piece.

Costa is poor. I’d rather Poveda coming on even though he is just as light.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

We really need to start working on defending set pieces. Everyone knows that they have a really good chance of scoring from a corner or free kick against us. And we don't do ourselves and favours giving away frees so cheaply.

Really out of sorts tonight. Unsure why. The poor substitutions haven't helped and there's no inkling of an equaliser on the way.

We've been unlucky in some of our games thus far. Not here.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement