Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

It seems a bit arbitrary, to say Leeds are aiming for top 12, in which case x, y and z are not good enough.

If someone felt we are aiming for top 1 or 2, they could say not one of them is good enough.

If someone felt Leeds are aiming to stay up, as they seem capable of that, one could say all of them look good enough.
    Exactly Conor. I think most of us say 17th would do this year. On that basis most of them look good enough to me. Even Harrison has had some good outings (he was superb against Villa) so whilst I wouldn't be starting him on current form, I think he still has something to offer.
    For me only Roberts looks completely out of his depth and Costa has a lot to do to prove he's up to it. Alioski also seems like a stop gap but to be fair to him he had some good outings too - he just isn't good enough defensively when targetted by teams. Bielsa obviously didn't think Leif Davis was a better option than him up to now but there is a suggestion he could be in line for a start this evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

To be fair to Alioski, he's not really a LB. Played there as a kid but he's a winger really

Looks like Fat Sam in at WBA. Just shows you the madness with managers these days. They came up automatically with us but already sacking the man that got them there. We play them at end of the month, hate when a new manager is over a team we have to play. If there is one manager that can exploit set piece weakness, its him. He'll probably play 10 centre halves against us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,911 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Kingp35 wrote: »
    We are the worst. Both Leicester and Sheff Utd have conceded 6 from set pieces, we've conceded 7.

I agree with you though, we haven't had our first choice cb partnership playing so I'm hopeful things will improve when they start together.

As for Harrison, we've played 12 games in the Premier League this season which is more than enough to judge him on and he looks out of his depth to me. Especially if we are aiming for a top 12 finish as some posters think we're capable of.

Incorrect. Seven for Leicester also, as per the BBC, Sky Sports and Talksport.

http://https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55182493

And as you say, things will improve.

event wrote: »
    To be fair to Alioski, he's not really a LB. Played there as a kid but he's a winger really

Looks like Fat Sam in at WBA. Just shows you the madness with managers these days. They came up automatically with us but already sacking the man that got them there. We play them at end of the month, hate when a new manager is over a team we have to play. If there is one manager that can exploit set piece weakness, its him. He'll probably play 10 centre halves against us

Hopefully not. I like and admire Bilic and there's also a certain respect due as they fought us all the way last year. Given their result last night it makes even less sense.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I forgot to look up Struijk - he's 6'3", 1.90m. Makes it even more baffling why he wasn't played.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭newhouse87

whiterebel wrote: »
    I forgot to look up Struijk - he's 6'3", 1.90m. Makes it even more baffling why he wasn't played.

Cant say i like the look of him anytime he has played, seems very slow in possession and his passing has been poor. On a rare positive from me raphinha looks the real deal.

whiterebel wrote: »

Since being so reckless at Villa he's only played once (at Palace) and was substituted. He can play at centre back but is he worthy of a place? I just haven't seen enough of him to judge. Surely worth a try alongside Cooper at some stage though I expect Ayling again tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Jimmy Two Times

Any time I've seen Davis he has looked very good ( See what I did there ) :-)

Think he probably deserves a chance as he has the potential to be a better defender than Alioski and is quick going forward.

Played half the 23s game on Sunday,as did Pablo and Struijk so would expect them all to be involved tonight.

Not sure what to expect from Newcastle. Still missing a few players but Robinson and Gayle have the potential to do damage.

Think we do need to win this one ahead of our visit to Salford at the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Since being so reckless at Villa he's only played once (at Palace) and was substituted. He can play at centre back but is he worthy of a place? I just haven't seen enough of him to judge. Surely worth a try alongside Cooper at some stage though I expect Ayling again tonight.
    He's 21 and still developing, really only just up from U23s. He needs to learn to tackle safely! Not clear which position suits him, although I think it's CB , where he did reasonably well against Liverpool.

I dont think we should be playing a player just because he is tall.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

He's a proper CB. I'd prefer to see 3 of 4 players in their correct positions than moving others around.

It's an advantage...but ultimately we have a manager who is one of the 5 nominated for FIFA's Coach of the Year, who we know is meticulous at preparation and detail, and spends a gazillion hours a week studying videos of every aspect of his own and opposition players ability.

So ultimately I think whatever we say or think about possession, chances, goals, set pieces, height...we have the one coach who has thought about this at a level we could possibly never comprehend. Which does not make him immune from criticism or infallible, just I trust that he too sees the issue and is working on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Our games against Newcastle, Burnley and WBA should see an increase in intensity and attacks. The defences of those sides are there to be exploited and I believe we'll come away with minimum seven pints and a half-dozen goals. Feel free to lambast me in a fortnight if that's not the case.

I'm hoping for this just for the Man Utd game!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭adaminho

Agreed but he's a CD or DM. I'm unsure how good he is, just not seen enough of him.

Alioski again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,896 ✭✭✭Hijpo

And Newcastle wont have to be fantastic when defending to stop us from scoring.

Their keeper with 3 brilliant saves so far

Get in!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Fully deserve that

• Advertisement

They're not very impressive and we've already had 13 shots. Not a season to be complacent but we really should be winning this.

Maybe I'm over-cautious but I'd like to see Klich taken off. His style of play may leave us with 10 men and more dropped points.

They're not very impressive and we've already had 13 shots. Not a season to be complacent but we really should be winning this.

Agreed, we're much the better team. Thank God we got the equaliser because it would have been demoralizing going in behind at halftime. Alioski once again at fault for the goal unfortunately. Rodrigo looks good tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Frustrating game, we just don’t have enough quality throughout the team to fully implement the style we play, doesn’t take much for teams to score against us.
    I miss Ben White :(

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    Agreed, we're much the better team. Thank God we got the equaliser because it would have been demoralizing going in behind at halftime. Alioski once again at fault for the goal unfortunately. Rodrigo looks good tonight.

In work listening to commentary, Harrison seems to be getting plenty of ball but not much in the way of end results?

Hijpo wrote: »
    In work listening to commentary, Harrison seems to be getting plenty of ball but not much in the way of end results?

Yeah unfortunately his crossing once again has been poor. He's showing well for it and working hard as usual but he needs to improve the final ball.

I miss Ben White :(
    I miss the other two International Centre halfs we have!

That could easily have been given as a penalty, rash by Cooper

• Advertisement

Yes. Fully deserved

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    Yeah unfortunately his crossing once again has been poor. He's showing well for it and working hard as usual but he needs to improve the final ball.

Now that's a better final ball! :) Great play by Rodrigo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

What a goal

Ah lads. Its becoming a joke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Super goal by Rodrigo. Hopefully kick starts his season.

That set piece defending is becoming a piss take now!!!

Two corners in a row for us resulting in two counter attacks for them, one of which results in a goal for them ... from a corner, ffs

• Advertisement

Dwight Gayle. A player I wanted us to sign for ages. Cert to get the winner

Can only hope that they falter in the last 20. Surely they're less fit after their Covid issues.

And less trying to walk the ball in please lads.

We could do with a change to freshen it up

Bruce clearly aiming to sit back and hit us on the break with Gayle. We should be winning but we could easily lose this one

Dallas!!!

• Advertisement

Dallas!!!

Forget my last post! Get in!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,024 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Get in Dallas. No more corners lads. We apparently have rotten luck from them.

Can we please please please show some kind of control of the game and compose ourselves instead of bombing forward trying to score again. It will mean not getting caught on a break and they cant get corners and free kicks if we hold the ball and make them chase it.

Ah Pablo on now to hopefully see it out

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Ah Pablo on now to hopefully see it out

Roberts on too, unfortunately.

Thats an amazing goal

I was upstairs getting ready, Did Messlier Score?

Oh my days

adaminho wrote: »
    I was upstairs getting ready, Did Messlier Score?

According to Fotmob he did :D

What a goal!!!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement