Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

event wrote: »
    Thats an amazing goal

That one was better!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,896 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Aaaaaand breath.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,024 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Winner winner chicken dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

So about Jack Harrison....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

85th minute, winning 3-2 and have 6 lads forward on the counterattack

87th minute, winning 4-2 and have 5 lads forward on the counterattack

Its bedlam really.

Same team for Sunday. Jack had a great game, as had the 2 Brazilians.

Bamford again very good. Got his goal, linked play well. In 84th minute he was back in our half making a table and winning a throw off Almiron.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Good win, this is always going to be the eb and flow of our season, it’s what we signed up for
    Delighted for Harrison, thinks he gets a bit unfair stick sometimes, he works as hard as anyone, his contribution can be sporadic but he has quality

Very good performance. We thoroughly dominated them and fully deserved that. I was critical of him on Friday but I thought Rodrigo was excellent tonight and delighted he got his goal.

Bamford again very good. Got his goal, linked play well. In 84th minute he was back in our half making a table...

Thought he didn't like the woodwork...

Oh and we scored more goals from their corners than they did!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Good to see the goals being spread around. There are a few players who should be contributing more goals, so hopefully that'll give the likes of Harrison and Alioski a bit more confidence to have a go when they're in a position to do so.

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    Oh and we scored more goals from their corners than they did!

Maybe that's thr new tactic. Give away a corner and if they don't score from it, we will

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Wow what a difference a win makes.... Good man Jack Harrison :)..... Great to see Pablo back, made a huge difference.

Confident ahead of Sunday, I'm telling ya lads, massive pitch at old Trafford will suit Harrison and raphinha down to the ground.... We'll beat them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Not gonna lie, my head dropped when we conceded that set piece for 2-2 but what a result! Message sent!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

2 full backs scored as well, dont see that often.

Calling it now, Raphinha is going to be a star. Will be at a bigger club in 3 or 4 years unfortunately but will enjoy him while he is here

• Advertisement

2 full backs scored as well, dont see that often.

Calling it now, Raphinha is going to be a star. Will be at a bigger club in 3 or 4 years unfortunately but will enjoy him while he is here

I agree, he looks like the real deal. His pace is absolutely blistering, I'd say he scares the sh*te out of defenders when they see him running at them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,911 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

That wasn't fun. And then it was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

One of those delightful days of working extra hours, missed the whole game. Seems like it went well anyway

Is that the first time under Bielsa we have gone behind and won?

Not sure. That'd be a surprise though. Commentators were talking about it being 33 premier league games (did I hear right? ) since we've come from behind.

• Advertisement

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Not sure. That'd be a surprise though. Commentators were talking about it being 33 premier league games (did I hear right? ) since we've come from behind.

Maybe thats what I thought

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Jimmy Two Times

Ah here,how could you forget Millwall last year and Villa and Blackburn the season before. :confused::confused::D:D

I'm sure there are a couple more.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Zaph wrote: »
    I agree, he looks like the real deal. His pace is absolutely blistering, I'd say he scares the sh*te out of defenders when they see him running at them.

I don't think he is properly motoring yet. Fantastic to see a Brazilian winger doing the hard yards. Unusual with that skill level to be such a good team player.

As someone pointed out, Bamford's tracking in the 84th minute to dispossess and win the throw was sensational. Rodrigo's header was so reminiscent of The '72 Cup final winner. Great to see all the different scorers weigh in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Not to be a Debbie downer but I hope people don’t get too excited about that result, it was pretty much on a knifes edge for a long period. Hopefully we go on a little run with the confidence high but we could easily lose 5-2 this weekend, our defense is extremely brittle, it doesn’t take much to break us down.
    I really do like the core of our team, a few solid replacements next year to shore up a few positions and we should be pushing top half of the table

Not to be a Debbie downer but I hope people don’t get too excited about that result, it was pretty much on a knifes edge for a long period. Hopefully we go on a little run with the confidence high but we could easily lose 5-2 this weekend, our defense is extremely brittle, it doesn’t take much to break us down.
    I really do like the core of our team, a few solid replacements next year to shore up a few positions and we should be pushing top half of the table

Ah yeah, until Dallas scored I really feared losing last night. Add in that Cooper could easily have conceded a penalty at 1-1 and it's as you say, could easily have gone against us. That said, winning 5-2 with the quality of goals scored, we gotta be able to enjoy that, right? :D
    This weekend we'll go back to watching between our fingers or from behind the couch!

...it was pretty much on a knifes edge for a long period...

It was...and it was wonderful. No wonder the pundits are gobsmacked. Has any team ever come up before and, not just played football, but poured forward as Bielsa's Leeds do? It will bring calamities, defeats snatched from victory, but I'll take Bielsaball, warts and all, not converting possession into goals, conceding from set pieces, over anything I've seen from any other club.

Yeah not getting carried away. I do think our fitness and willingness to pour forward will win us games.

Villa - Scored in 55th, 67th & 74th minutes
    Sheffield U - Winner in 88th Minute
    Everton - Winner in 79th minute
    Newcastle - Winner in 77th minute, 2 more goals after that.

If we are there or thereabouts in a game with 20 mins to go, I back us to get something

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

"This weekend we'll go back to watching between our fingers or from behind the couch!"

Or? Don't you mean both??? :D

I actually felt sorry for Newcastle despite having Michelin Man as manager. You could see they were out on their feet on 80 minutes. But, you have to enjoy the good times when they come along.

Got to see highlights on MOTD. When it was 2-2 and even more so at 3-2 it looked so panicky at the back. Balls bouncing in the box and legs been thrown at it from all over the place hoping for a hoof away.
    I would have never been able to watch that live.

• Advertisement

We we have short memories, we have had to deal with this for 14 of the last 16 years :pac:

Speaking of memories, that interview 18 months ago when Chris Wilder had a few cans and said Leeds players, in particular Bamford, were "muppets", Sheffield United had steamrolled them, and referred to "bottle and bo***ks"...it seems like such a long time ago.

And yet, I still like him and think they've been unlucky. And if Bielsa leaves after this season, he could even be in the frame for the biggest job in football in that part of England...

Oh god no, please no.

He would be like warnock, the fans would hate him in general for his comments. He wouldnt get long at all. He has been shown up in the premier league IMO. An incredibly boring team to watch, they only scored 39 goals in 38 games last year.

I despise him and take delight in the fact they are going to be relegated (hopefully) as one of the worst teams in the PL

Oh god no, please no.

He would be like warnock, the fans would hate him in general for his comments. He wouldnt get long at all. He has been shown up in the premier league IMO. An incredibly boring team to watch, they only scored 39 goals in 38 games last year.

I despise him and take delight in the fact they are going to be relegated (hopefully) as one of the worst teams in the PL

Their workrate is like Leeds, they are the only side that come near Leeds in terms of fitness, distance run etc. They are resilient but not that ugly, they were great the season they went up and showed no fear in the first season in the top flight. Their lack of anything like a goalscorer is costing them...which is pretty much what Leeds fans thought would happen to Leeds.

Yeah not getting carried away. I do think our fitness and willingness to pour forward will win us games.

Villa - Scored in 55th, 67th & 74th minutes
    Sheffield U - Winner in 88th Minute
    Everton - Winner in 79th minute
    Newcastle - Winner in 77th minute, 2 more goals after that.

If we are there or thereabouts in a game with 20 mins to go, I back us to get something

Greatly amused on Wed night when the commentator said that we were now entering the last 15 minutes when Newcastle were at their most dangerous, being the second (?) highest scorers in that time period in the PL. Cue three Leeds goals and that wasn't mentioned again.

Speaking of memories, that interview 18 months ago when Chris Wilder had a few cans and said Leeds players, in particular Bamford, were "muppets", Sheffield United had steamrolled them, and referred to "bottle and bo***ks"...it seems like such a long time ago.

And yet, I still like him and think they've been unlucky. And if Bielsa leaves after this season, he could even be in the frame for the biggest job in football in that part of England...

I've got to echo event's thoughts. I don't see him as a character with many dimensions. That applies to English managers with very few exceptions. They just don't seem to have the technical nous nor subtlety. We will be looking for a manager of some stature to take over from MB. Assuming we finish mid-table and even better next year we will be seen by both prospective players and managers as an ambitious club.

The 49ers cash and set-up should be attracting the calibre of manager that some top six clubs can attract. At present we couldn't get the likes of say Mauricio Pochettino or Julen Lopetegui but in eighteen months that's far more likely. Whoever replaces MB will be a manager of significance.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Jimmy Two Times

We we have short memories, we have had to deal with this for 14 of the last 16 years :pac:

This 16 years of pain comment always amuses me.

I prefer to think of it as 18 years,as the last two years in the Premier League,02/03 and 03/04 weren't much fun either.

Just on Sheffield United, they have played well and have been unlucky in tight games and could well have beaten us but for Meslier,but when your marquee striker is Oli McBurnie you're always likely to struggle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

This 16 years of pain comment always amuses me.

I prefer to think of it as 18 years,as the last two years in the Premier League,02/03 and 03/04 weren't much fun either.

It goes back to 16 when you consider the two years of Bielsa in the EFL a joy rather than pain :P

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Greatly amused on Wed night when the commentator said that we were now entering the last 15 minutes when Newcastle were at their most dangerous, being the second (?) highest scorers in that time period in the PL. Cue three Leeds goals and that wasn't mentioned again.

I laughed when the commentator said that Leeds would start to tire in the last 10-15 minutes due to the intensity of their play. He clearly was watching them for the first time the other night.

• Advertisement

Their workrate is like Leeds, they are the only side that come near Leeds in terms of fitness, distance run etc. They are resilient but not that ugly, they were great the season they went up and showed no fear in the first season in the top flight. Their lack of anything like a goalscorer is costing them...which is pretty much what Leeds fans thought would happen to Leeds.

They paid 25m for a goalscorer and he wont play him.

He is going to oversee the relegation of one of the worst teams in PL history. I dont want him following Bielsa tbh. And he comes across as a manager who doesnt 'trust' foreign players. His only real foreign player is Berg.

how would he play Rodrigo, Raphina, Costa etc. We also have a very promising U23 squad. I think he would waste them tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭newhouse87

only back online after Wednesdays game, i think some of my posts have been put on the teams dressing room walls, having criticized bamford,rodrigo alioski and harrison, i had to just smile when Harrison got that goal, bamford even for harsh critics like me has been very good, he won back the ball few times other night and tbf gets into good positions and has a good instinct of being in the right place at the right time, i still would rather rodrigo closer to goal as he not the quickest, harrison unreal assist and goal, the assist was on the half volley, still think he needs to improve his crossing from the ground. Remember going to see us being bet at elland road by doncaster in league 1 so where we are now i have to be appreciative more of the team, Onwards and upwards hopefully the weekend.

The reality is ManU has 1 player who cost as much as Bielsa's net spend. It should not even be close. Their form is better, 4 wins in the last 5.

It's just that, with Bielsa, there is always hope...

The reality is ManU has 1 player who cost as much as Bielsa's net spend. It should not even be close. Their form is better, 4 wins in the last 5.

It's just that, with Bielsa, there is always hope...

Very true, I just want to see a good performance where ManU dont have it all their own way and we show composure when we win the ball just outside our box. I would be happy if I didn't see a ridiculous amount of nervy mistakes, an early goal leaked by us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Following from Bielsa's comments during the week...

Europa League qualification or winning away to ManU?

Following from Bielsa's comments during the week...

Europa League qualification or winning away to Manure?

Didn't see the comments.

The Europa League is a millstone for clubs, stretching thin squads, increasing the number of games, and very often they're not great ties. Maybe if Leeds increases in strength and depth in coming years - or if it was the difference between Bielsa staying and going - but otherwise I'd prefer the 3 points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Didn't see the comments.

The Europa League is a millstone for clubs, stretching thin squads, increasing the number of games, and very often they're not great ties. Maybe if Leeds increases in strength and depth in coming years - or if it was the difference between Bielsa staying and going - but otherwise I'd prefer the 3 points.

Bielsa comment was similar in the context of Rosario derby games. He knows what this game means to the fans.

Hijpo wrote: »
    Very true, I just want to see a good performance where ManU dont have it all their own way and we show composure when we win the ball just outside our box. I would be happy if I didn't see a ridiculous amount of nervy mistakes, an early goal leaked by us.

I'm not happy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Poor by Raphinha

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Absolute disaster.

68 seconds

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement