Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Days like these... Next game is home to Burnley - at least a point there!

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Agreed, he's definitely not the problem. Very good keeper and will only get better.
    Patched up and non-functioning defence and set pieces issues main headache. Need to see if there are any CBs who can play.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

And Cooper injured......FFS. The stuff of nightmares. Bielsa has done something very rare today....he made OGS look like a tactical genius.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

5 more for the win!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,024 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Great save Meslier, not a weak link.

• Advertisement

6:2

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Meslier is absolutely not the problem. He’s made some great saves this season and is super composed when we are playing out from the back. One of the best deals Orta has done in my opinion.

Cracking strike from Dallas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭adaminho

Cracking strike from Dallas.

The Bushmills is working lads!

adaminho wrote: »

:D:D

Struijk needs to sort out his positioning. He is all over the place.

• Advertisement

:D:D

There's a bottle of Cointreau in the press, can we get Meslier up for Corners?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

That weak link causing a lot of trouble the last few minutes

Meslier has done good today. Another good save.

Mushy wrote: »
    That weak link causing a lot of trouble the last few minutes
    The weak link is every player who has given the ball way today.

Harrison misses a sitter. Embarrassing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

What a miss !!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Wonder is Bielsa still keen on Dan James?

Harrison misses a sitter. Embarrassing.
    That is the word for the day.

Roll on Burnley. 20 points before Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Roll on Burnley. 20 points before Christmas.

Very annoying theres no midweek games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

Some boom bust here lads.

Lose to West ham. It was a disaster, this is wrong, that is wrong

Destroy Newcastle. All is well, we are great.

Hammered today. We need 6 players etc.

I'm not too bothered, we will get a few more hammerings this year. Bielsa will not change lads. This is the way he plays. He has played the same way his entire career and isn't going to change because Leeds lose a few games.
    The style got us promoted, had us as an incredible team over 2 years and now we should change it after 14 games?

We are a promoted team. As I said at the start of the year, if we finish 17th its a good season. Let's forget about Europe or top half ffs. Its a marathon, not a sprint

Well if he can't modify the game plan we can look forward to the same v Spurs x 2, Chelsea, Liverpool, MU at Elland Road. Play clever like Spurs did at OT, wait for the mistake and then charge forward. Their second home win of the season. They must have loved seeing it was Leeds, because we were made for them.

whiterebel wrote: »
    Well if he can't modify the game plan we can look forward to the same v Spurs x 2, Chelsea, Liverpool, MU at Elland Road. Play clever like Spurs did at OT, wait for the mistake and then charge forward. Their second home win of the season. They must have loved seeing it was Leeds, because we were made for them.

But It worked against Man City and Arsenal and to an extent against Liverpool in that we were in the game to the last few mins!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

event wrote: »

I'm not too bothered, we will get a few more hammerings this year. Bielsa will not change lads. This is the way he plays. He has played the same way his entire career and isn't going to change because Leeds lose a few games.
    The style got us promoted, had us as an incredible team over 2 years and now we should change it after 14 games?

We are a promoted team. As I said at the start of the year, if we finish 17th its a good season. Let's forget about Europe or top half ffs. Its a marathon, not a sprint

Yep, the talk of Europe was absolutely madness, there are some really delusional fans out there
    I posted here during the week that we could easily lose 5-2 to United, it’s just the nature of the beast.
    It just sucks that it was United that did that to us

Bielsa sets up the same every week despite the opposition. We should set up to suit our ability or lack of ability or we are easy pickings for the ManU's, Chelseas, Leicesters and Spurs of this world.
    This needs to be worked on.
    Sheffeld United nearly got a result against ManU three days ago, because they did exactly that.

Bielsa sets up the same every week despite the opposition. We should set up to suit our ability or lack of ability or we are easy pickings for the ManU's, Chelseas, Leicesters and Spurs of this world.
    Sheffeld United nearly got a result against ManU three days ago, because they did exactly that.

We are where we are because of Bielsa's set up! Honestly we usually lose at OT so I'd rather have a go at them and lose 6-2 than set up defensively and go down 2/3-0! It was 2 fast goals that killed us, if we'd got to 20mins at 0-0 and be a lot more confident of the result. During the first half we were 3/4 down and looked like we were winning the way we attacked!

Spot on.

Fans expected us to challenge for Europe after a decent start that confirmed that Bielsa was the greatest since Revie, a few weeks later that changed to shipping out half the team to avoid relegation and questioning the same manager...and in the past few days it's turned every way.

We are where we are because of Bielsa's set up! Honestly we usually lose at OT so I'd rather have a go at them and lose 6-2 than set up defensively and go down 2/3-0! It was 2 fast goals that killed us, if we'd got to 20mins at 0-0 and be a lot more confident of the result. During the first half we were 3/4 down and looked like we were winning the way we attacked!

Which is exactly what we needed to try and do. Keep it tight and hit them when the opportunities arose. With their home record the nerves would have got worse the longer it went on.

We are easy pickings because we just got promoted.

Sheffield United nearly got a point? If me auntie had balls she'd be me uncle. They didn't get a point. They got beat.
    We didn't suffer through 18 years of sh1te to watch us go to old Trafford and park the bus.

I dont believe a man that has been managing 40 years should change what he has done since the start because we have lost 7 games.
    Let's have some perspective

• Advertisement

Spot on.

Fans expected us to challenge for Europe after a decent start that confirmed that Bielsa was the greatest since Revie, a few weeks later that changed to shipping out half the team to avoid relegation and questioning the same manager...and in the past few days it's turned every way.

Again, you are misreading what I am saying.
    You don't set up the same way against ManU as you do against Newcastle. You need to hang back a little more against ManU because they will have so much attacking options, space and speed otherwise.

You don't set up the same way against ManU as you do against Newcastle. You need to hang back a little more against ManU because they will have so much attacking options, space and speed otherwise.

That's not the Bielsa way though! Play your own game and let other's worry about you! If We'd scored first how different would the game would've been? We looked the better team for most of the first half!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

That's not the Bielsa way though! Play your own game and let other's worry about you! If We'd scored first how different would the game would've been? We looked the better team for most of the first half!

Did we? I'm not sure how being carved open at will makes you the better team.

I get what people are saying with Bielsas way but it absolutely was his fault for how he set the team up today. You can't play the same against every team.

I get what people are saying with Bielsas way but it absolutely was his fault for how he set the team up today. You can't play the same against every team.

Bielsa doesn't have a plan B though. We play the same every game cause that's what works for him! Don't forget we were down to the bare bones at the back, even if we wanted to we couldn't really set up defensively.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,896 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Bielsa doesn't have a plan B though. We play the same every game cause that's what works for him! Don't forget we were down to the bare bones at the back, even if we wanted to we couldn't really set up defensively.

I dont know how you can watch a billion hours of footage and still play the same way for 90 minutes. I mean the team doesn't even change, maybe that's because we dont have depth in the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭newhouse87

No real surprise so not to disappointed, have to be unbelievable clinical against top teams like united and we are not at that level of converting our chances, disappointed that Phillips was taking off for him being a local lad in particular, don't think there was any need for it, struijk was never going to do any better.

• Advertisement

I wasn't addressing you.

And I didn't say one thing about tactics. I was talking about the switching between high praise and harsh criticism from some...I'm not sure you've moved from the latter!

There's no point telling me about how Bielsa gets set up wrong, he never asks my opinion anyway...;)

Hijpo wrote: »
    I dont know how you can watch a billion hours of footage and still play the same way for 90 minutes. I mean the team doesn't even change, maybe that's because we dont have depth in the squad.

Because 8/10 times it works! I said it earlier in the thread , The last home game I was at was a 1-1 vs Sunderland in April 2018, of that squad ( incl. underage players) there was 9 involved today and Berardi and Forshaw as well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,896 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Because 8/10 times it works! I said it earlier in the thread , The last home game I was at was a 1-1 vs Sunderland in April 2018, of that squad ( incl. underage players) there was 9 involved today and Berardi and Forshaw as well!

What is the 8/10 times?
    Matches, attacks, certain teams?

FWIW I agree its his fault, 100%. But I know he's not going to change, so don't even consider it.

I wasn't addressing you.

And I didn't say one thing about tactics. I was talking about the switching between high praise and harsh criticism from some...I'm not sure you've moved from the latter!

There's no point telling me about how Bielsa gets set up wrong, he never asks my opinion anyway...;)

No Leeds player came off well after that game. I give criticism whenever due. Especially after a 6:2 defeat. Does not mean I am less of a Leeds fan. Quite the opposite actually.
    Harrison and Bamford needed to score those chances.
    Bielsa needs a more dynamic setup so he can change tack depending on the opposition or how the game is going. It needed to be more defensive today.

• Advertisement

No Leeds player came off well after that game. I give criticism whenever due. Especially after a 6:2 defeat. Does not mean I am less of a Leeds fan. Quite the opposite actually.
    Harrison and Bamford needed to score those chances.
    Bielsa needs a more dynamic setup so he can change tack depending on the opposition or how the game is going. It needed to be more defensive today.

I would disagree, the last thing you could say is his team's are not dynamic!

I would disagree, the last thing you could say is his team's are not dynamic!

You misunderstand what I mean by dynamic. When things were going bad in the first few minutes, park the bus for 20 minutes in order to settle the team down a bit. Then try to attack them on the break (which we have proved we are good at on occasion).

You misunderstand what I mean by dynamic. When things were going bad in the first few minutes, park the bus for 20 minutes in order to settle the team down a bit. Then try to attack them on the break (which we have proved we are good at on occasion).
    adjective
    (of a process or system) characterized by constant change, activity, or progress.
    "a dynamic economy"
    (of a person) positive in attitude and full of energy and new ideas.
    "a dynamic young advertising executive"
    Fair enough, I'll take option Two every time though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

newhouse87 wrote: »
    No real surprise so not to disappointed, have to be unbelievable clinical against top teams like united and we are not at that level of converting our chances, disappointed that Phillips was taking off for him being a local lad in particular, don't think there was any need for it, struijk was never going to do any better.

Game was gone and I believe Phillips and Klitch are on 4 yellows each. Bigger fish to fry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭newhouse87

Game was gone and I believe Phillips and Klitch are on 4 yellows each. Bigger fish to fry

the 4 yellows didn't think of that, fair enough so.

Some good news on the defence front. Llorente will be back in training from today.

They were also very poor on the day, a concern in both cases, as it's been happening a bit lately.

MoTD 2 last night showed how easily we were laid open. KP was given the man marking job on Fernandes who just pulled him across the park. Then Klich decided to go missing at vital times. Still can't believe MB couldn't see that coming. The gaps between the front line and defence were ludicrous. There are times you have to keep it tight for a while to try and frustrate, particularly that team who were short on confidence at home.
    Yesterday was the equivalent of the Charge of the Light brigade, or a child sticking its hand into the fire 6 times.

The "weak link" as some have called him. He saved Leeds from an even bigger drubbing.

https://twitter.com/LUFCDATA/status/1340765502558318592

For a lad his age, Meslier is a fantastic keeper. If he continues to develop I think he'll be right up there in a few years.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement