Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

Poor start to the half, passing all over the place.

Watch Rodrigo when doesn't get the ball. Always moaning, hands in the air etc. Dont like to see that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,896 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Just give the ball to Raphinha.

Sloppy enough at times, fortunate with Meslier charging out like Kiko at his worst. But could be three up...Harrison needs to take a touch and finish, Rodrigo at 27 million should also bury that cross.

All of his chances with his head seem to have that result, high and without direction.

Burnley knocking on the door a bit now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,911 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Not a game for the neutral.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,024 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Bloody hell.
    Alioski gives the ball away in the box like a Sunday league player.
    We need to calm down. Poor start to the second half.

Klich off. Shacks on. It needed to be done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

The worst I’ve ever seen Leeds play in this start to a second half
    Absolutely shocking, thank Christ Klich is off, embarrassing performance in the last 10-15 minutes

Kalvin has kept us in the game. Well done. Burnley smelling blood.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Kalvin has been our best defender by some distance. We'd be several goals down without him.

Even though we have been leathered in the second half, we are still making chances. Good to see.

People think we should sit back against bigger teams?

We can barely keep Burnley at bay here

• Advertisement

87' We just can't get out of our half.

Been very impressed with old boy Charlie Taylor at left back. Would like to see us try sign him actually

event wrote: »
    Been very impressed with old boy Charlie Taylor at left back. Would like to see us try sign him actually

Definitely a position we need to do something about, and his pace and movement look like they'd fit in nicely with Bielsa's style of play.

That was a hard watch, but good win.

That's a big three points. We got away with that, good to get the win even though we played poorly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

The ugliest of wins, need them too though!

That was a tough watch, Burnley robbed of a point to be fair, that second half was shocking, they played us off the pitch, we had zero energy.
    Meslier all over the shop at times but not easy when crosses are getting pinged in every 2 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Give me a leaky defence in a 5 3 win any day over that 1 nil stuff, I've been drinking for 4 days in a row and I'm a anxious wreck after that with the fear knocking at my door, expecting Sean dyche to pop out of the cupboard.

I think the ref gave us everything today.

Can't fault the defence today, clean sheet against a physical team.

Kalvin was sensational

Iam watching in the states on Peacock (NBC) it I assume the actual camera work is the same for everyone, was it just me it was it brutal, it would cut away to a manager or player close up for 20 seconds while play was going on, happened a bunch of times.
    I think I even missed a corner at one point as they were showing a replay or something

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Not the most comfortable game to watch, but happy to have 20 points under the belt.

After how Dyche was supposed to have treated Bamford, giving him a hard time because he was privately educated, it was nice to see him both win the penalty and put it away.

There's something wholesome about a player who is articulate, plays the violin and seems to avoid tattoos and hair stylists...

The main take from today was we were solid at the back. Bielsa even instructed players to stand on the goal-line for set pieces.
    They must have worked at it this week.
    Although Burnley are a different kettle of fish than ManU.

Good to see Brighton drop points, hopefully WBA do now too. 9 points clear of fulham in 18th.

4 points from next 3 games be good, 24 points at this stage be great

The main take from today was we were solid at the back. Bielsa even instructed players to stand on the goal-line for set pieces.
    They must have worked at it this week.
    Although Burnley are a different kettle of fish than ManU.

We were a lot better but not solid in my opinion, KP added some quality back there but we still look so fragile on set pieces, it was obviously something Burnley targeted, I think Meslier needs some help, his confidence will go if teams are allowed to target him like that, he also needs to be a bit more solid coming for punches etc or his teammates will lose confidence in him.
    Having KP back there clearly helped but our usual shape suffered as he wasn’t dictating play.
    Alioski did ok but he was on top of Harrison too much, he will always give 100% but is quite vulnerable at times
    I thought Klich looked lost out there, chasing shadows and way off the pace, we can give him a pass but I like Shackleton.
    It’s a relief to have Pablo coming off the bench, his intelligence is something we really need at times, him coming on today kind of stopped the onslaught and Burnley had to respect us more.
    We have been in the end of so many results like this so we were due one I guess

The poor ref probably got an earful of Dyche, there were some questionable calls but the tantrums from the Burnley players didn’t do themselves any favors, they are extremely physical and should expect to be called on some of their heavy challenges

Point for West brom today. Will have them pretty confident going in to our game. Need to knock that out of them quick

• Advertisement

Point for West brom today. Will have them pretty confident going in to our game. Need to knock that out of them quick

Bielsa v ALLARDYCE will be an interesting meeting, tougher fixture than the table suggests

One thing that puzzled me, Bamford was through, keeper took him down...was a red card not appropriate too?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Double jeopardy applies that said after it happened last time

Both pundits on match of the day said Leeds penalty was the wrong decision and wasn't a pen.

I have yet to see a replay of any angle that even raises the question for me, stone wall penalty, does anyone here see it any different?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I did think their keeper might have got the barest of touches on it first.

• Advertisement

whiterebel wrote: »

Theres a touch but its after bamford moves the ball in that direction , his only slows it down. Itd be a free everywhere on the pitch, and keep was rightly not booked as it's a foul and no more.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

I was impressed with Meslier on the basis that he was decisive and came out for crosses. Ok, he could do with his Superman punching skills, and a punch would have solved the Mee incident. I stand corrected but I think he got something on all he came for.

championc wrote: »
    I was impressed with Meslier on the basis that he was decisive and came out for crosses. Ok, he could do with his Superman punching skills, and a punch would have solved the Mee incident. I stand corrected but I think he got something on all he came for.

Yeah he certainly disrupted a lot of danger, then again sometimes they fall in the wrong place and still concede so it looks bad. I was watching on sky go so bit behind, was fearing the notification at every corner or free kick

My Bamford fact for today.

In the Premier League he has scored against Burnley, Palace and Chelsea, all former clubs.

In the Championship, he scored against Norwich and Boro, again former clubs...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

Mushy wrote: »
    Yeah he certainly disrupted a lot of danger, then again sometimes they fall in the wrong place and still concede so it looks bad. I was watching on sky go so bit behind, was fearing the notification at every corner or free kick

I finally unticked Leeds from Flashscore. My iptv can be a good minute or two off, so I kept getting notifications before goals went in, though on many occasions, it was far from clear as to who potential scored, which possibly led to much unnecessary anxiety.

But that second half was tough. I'm sure it was a good confidence booster for both Meslier and Struek

championc wrote: »

Yea, I don’t think he is that far off to being a really good keeper.
    I like how he tries to be decisive but he just needs to learn that he doesn’t have to come for everything, a little bit better decision making will go a long way.
    And if you come, get a solid fist or claim it, way too much flapping but I believe he will improve
    Also, We won’t play against against too many teams as physical as Burnley
    Well, except out next game....lol

whiterebel wrote: »

Doesn't matter if he got a touch. The tackle was careless, was a foul

I looked at again in slo-mo and Bamford got the first touch anyway. We should use him as a CB as he stops that many goals. :rolleyes: Great penalty though.
    Good to see Raphinha is always looking for someone else, very unselfish player.
    KP was outstanding, as was Meslier. He got lucky with the referee giving him so much protection.

Llorente muscle issue in training, out for the west Brom game.

Hijpo wrote: »

Ah ffs, is he ever going to be fit?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Hopefully we can be fairly comfortable tomorrow against West Brom despite the whole injuries situation. Be good to see the gap to the bottom 3 increase a bit more.

Hijpo wrote: »

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115569312&postcount=7936

Hes a dud

Both pundits on match of the day said Leeds penalty was the wrong decision and wasn't a pen.

I have yet to see a replay of any angle that even raises the question for me, stone wall penalty, does anyone here see it any different?

Fully agree. Even though Pope got a touch he clattered Bamford who would still have been favourite to retain the ball. A professional foul that is always a red for me and twice this month that's happened. Would playing ten men for 85 mins v West Ham have affected the result? Almost certainly.
    But if that's the way refs are handling it then I'm happy to see Meisler take out Kane or Son on Saturday.

Does the radio silence pre-WBA imply nervousness? I'm very cautious about this game given what happened at Palce and our barely squeezing past Fulham and Sheffield United. Makeshift defence doesn't help but I don't see a great threat from them. Allerderci will park the bus and play us on the counter but what good is that if we hit a goal or two and continue attacking in waves. I think they'll have misplaced confidence after drawing with Pool when their previous game was a 0-3 home loss to Villa. The latter also had 67% possession and nineteen shots to WBA's single effort.

Our confidence is up, it being away is irrelevant, we got four points from them last year and we've greatly improved whereas they've stagnated. We're due a few goals, and I feel they'll come tonight.

WBA 1 Leeds 4.

I think it’ll be tight alright. Hoping WBA are lured into a false sense of optimism after the Liverpool game and come out attacking rather than writing back. 23 points by the end of the year would be a great start.

Wonder will Bielsa contemplate giving a youngster a game today with the tight schedule? Don’t think it’s necessarily his style but we have a real issue if any of the back 4 who started the last day go down.

Bielsa wouldn't confirm that Bamford is fit for tonight.

If not its Roberts in or hopefully Pablo in with Rodrigo up top.

They play 2 up top so would expect Kalvin to slot in to the back 3 again

Bielsa wouldn't confirm that Bamford is fit for tonight.

If not its Roberts in or hopefully Pablo in with Rodrigo up top.

They play 2 up top so would expect Kalvin to slot in to the back 3 again

I’d genuinely prefer Joe Gelhardt to come in rather than Roberts. We should be looking to shift him in January imo.

This is a team we need to be beating imo. Comfortably out pacing them and choking their game. We should be doing to WB what liverpool do to other teams essentially.

I am nervous about WB coming out in the first half like burnley did in the second.

And then there is set pieces....

Actually I'd rather not think about it...

I’d genuinely prefer Joe Gelhardt to come in rather than Roberts. We should be looking to shift him in January imo.

Fully agree, and I'd also like to see Greenwood making it onto the bench soon. Far superior to Roberts I believe. For those who say he's too young he's actually
    two years and a month older than Milner was when making his debut. Hopefully he won't be loaned out and we'll see those two for the FA cup game next week.

• Advertisement

I think Sam Allardyce will see this as a crucial and winnable 3 points. At Elland Road last season they had more possession than Leeds, at the Hawthorns they had more chances, they know Leeds and know they can match them. They've drawn against Man City and Liverpool recently.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement