Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

The one thing about international players is they certainly don't get a break at all. International breaks are now sometimes even 3 games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,911 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Think Philips suspended for a couple of league games now, so he has a rest coming up anyway.

Would give Klich, Ayling, Dallas and Harrison, and maybe Bamford, a break anyway, a chance to see some of the players brought in last summer, a couple were English under 21s afair,

Just the Brighton game I think, but unsure. I think the PL schedule alongside the international games has made his performances more erratic.

Greenwood, Drameh & Gelhardt look very impressive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Just the Brighton game I think, but unsure. I think the PL schedule alongside the international games has made his performances more erratic.

Greenwood, Drameh & Gelhardt look very impressive.
    The injury didn't help either and he hasn't looked as sharp since coming back from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭adaminho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Nice to see some kids in there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Looking forward to seeing Greenwood

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

Disgusted to see Casilla playing

event wrote: »
    Disgusted to see Casilla playing

It's shocking. I just don't understand it. Surely some club in Spain might have taken him on and paid some part of his wages. It's a real blot on the copybook of Radrizani, Bielsa and all at the club.

Pay up his contract, tell him to p1ss off

Looking at the bench, not a load there to bring on

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Be good to get a goal here before halftime. Poveda looking handy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Presumably Struijk is midfield and Phillips is CB as Bielsa doesn't want three left footers as his CBs but it's not really working, Struijk is having no impact in midfield. Poveda and Pablo look like our best chance of a goal at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    Presumably Struijk is midfield and Phillips is CB as Bielsa doesn't want three left footers as his CBs but it's not really working, Struijk is having no impact in midfield. Poveda and Pablo look like our best chance of a goal at the minute.

Pascal is just not mobile and/or positionally aware enough for DM, but needs practice there.

Classic post-2000's (ish) dodgy third-round performance here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,024 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Huggins is a great player from what I have seen this season in the U23's. Give him a start.

1:0 Crawley. Doh.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Here we go again.

There it is

Not as bad as Histon in 2008 but pretty bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Casilla shocking for both of them goals, Jesus christ

2:0 Kiko should have got that.

We can't even bring Greenwood on now. Ffs

Forget that, 5 subs. Get him on now.

• Advertisement

Kiko being very very Kiko

Ceist_Beag wrote: »

I assume he was in midfield so that he could get used to it ahead of Brighton. He's not good enough though.

So looks like we'll be gone again. Not too bothered, cups never interested me much

Matches like this confirm that when we get drubbed by the likes of Man U and Spurs, it's all down to us in defence.
    If Crawley can do it, kind of proves you don't need a lot of quality to break the Leeds defence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

At least it should be the last game of Casilla anyway, always that positive to take

Mushy wrote: »
    At least it should be the last game of Casilla anyway, always that positive to take

Could be some legacy.

35k a week, banned for racist comments, plays in League Cup exit v Hull, plays in probable FA Cup exit v Crawley Town...

I assume he was in midfield so that he could get used to it ahead of Brighton. He's not good enough though.

So looks like we'll be gone again. Not too bothered, cups never interested me much

Was delighted to be out of the League Cup. But not today, and not in these circumstances. This a competition worth winning and Leeds are potential winners/finalists if we can get through this.

Edit - we're not getting through this.

3:0 Pathetic

A cup run would be nice every now and then, but if we're not going to win it I don't mind not going too far in it. But it's the regularity that we get humiliated by lower league teams that really depresses me. And this is as humiliating as it gets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

They should bring your man from TOWIE on now.... This is embarrassing

• Advertisement

This will put a downer on rest of season, just like before

That's because it's 10 years since we had any half decent run.

It really won't if they stay up

At least we will be the top sports news story of the day. We are the top story any time we play in the FA cup. :pac:

That should have been 4-0

I don’t think we could pay someone to take Kiko off us. Jesus this is ridiculous.

• Advertisement

They could take something from the trip if they all race on to the bus before Casilla, close the door, and tell him to stay in Crawley or f*** off back to Spain, no one cares.

Every year people think its nice to go on a cup run. Maybe if down the divisions and you're never gonna be in the mix for promotion. But now we are back in the PL, we'll be playing thr big teams anyway.

And ever year people think their team could win it.

Arsenal, City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man u, Arsenal, Arsenal, Wigan, Chelsea, City.

Bar Wigan, who got relegated dont forget, a big team always wins it really

What it does show, is that some of the younger players will take a while to get up to speed.

We have this knack of making teams like Crawley look like Man U.

Make them all walk home

• Advertisement

What??

So if we finished in 14h or so, our first year back in the PL in 16 years. Become media darlings, everyone loves us for once. Bit you think getting knocked out of a cupbthst one of the big 6 will win anyway will put a downer on it?

Some people are hard to please

What??

So if we finished in 14h or so, our first year back in the PL in 16 years. Become media darlings, everyone loves us for once. Bit you think getting knocked out of a cupbthst one of the big 6 will win anyway will put a downer on it?

Some people are hard to please

Comment was poorly phrased, I meant a downer on performances. Always seems to be a bit of a hangover from these results.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

After watching the first half I missed the first 25 minutes of the second. What happened us? Was it the changes at half time? As others said I'm not overly concerned with the FA cup but we've had more than enough embarrassing cup exits and this is up there with the worst.

Every year people think its nice to go on a cup run. Maybe if down the divisions and you're never gonna be in the mix for promotion. But now we are back in the PL, we'll be playing thr big teams anyway.

And ever year people think their team could win it.

Arsenal, City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man u, Arsenal, Arsenal, Wigan, Chelsea, City.

Bar Wigan, who got relegated dont forget, a big team always wins it really

Losing finalist pretty much guarantees a Europa League place. Five wins and you have continental football. Would have been worth it for Leeds.

Pathetic performance. Well done Crawley

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Losing finalist pretty much guarantees a Europa League place. Five wins and you have continental football. Would have been worth it for Leeds.

More likely to come 6th or 7th to get European football. Today really doesnt matter a jot in the seasons goals

Curious as to what the impact on transfers that game will have.

The young lads are clearly a bit further away than it had seemed.

What it does show, is that some of the younger players will take a while to get up to speed.

And just how good Bamford is, and how big the gap is between that forward combination of him, Harrison and Raphinha, and any other permutation or combination.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

3 subs at HT, Harrison as CF, Kiko being Kiko, Kalvin and Struijk should have switched early on. Bielsa has to shoulder the blame and, in fairness, he probably will

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Just woke up, insane hangover, wtf happened ??!!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement