Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

newhouse87 wrote: »
    Bielsa never compromising has also resulted in him not winning much as a manger, he got us out of the doldrums so for that reason i will take the few hammerings we get every now and then.

I have no issues with the gung-ho approach to games, but Bielsa got it wrong on Sunday. 3 subs at half time totally unbalanced the team. You only have to look at friendly matches where multiple subs at the same time are the norm, it totally kills any momentum. Add in the fact we were asking too many players to play outside their natural position.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Fawk Nin

Zaph wrote: »
    Looks like Brighton will be missing a few players on Saturday

https://twitter.com/apopey/status/1348749820241076225

This is a bit of luck for us.

Has anyone heard anymore of the rumours that Meslier has Covid?
    Kiko was in my nightmares last night after reading them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I have no issues with the gung-ho approach to games, but Bielsa got it wrong on Sunday. 3 subs at half time totally unbalanced the team. You only have to look at friendly matches where multiple subs at the same time are the norm, it totally kills any momentum. Add in the fact we were asking too many players to play outside their natural position.
    I reckon that 5 subs thing just throws managers, it's like a friendly. I'd put the decisions more down to giving some potential first team players minutes. It's not fully his fault and the team wasn't playing well anyway. Take out six of the core players and that will happen. Casey was the only one I thought who showed promise. Greenwood may indeed be an excellent talent but he was petulant and kicking people on Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Fawk Nin wrote: »
    This is a bit of luck for us.

Has anyone heard anymore of the rumours that Meslier has Covid?
    Kiko was in my nightmares last night after reading them.

Seen it on twitter, someone tweeted that his mate was working on Meslier's car and got a phone call to say that Meslier was positive and the car might be infected.

Ill take it with an extreme pinch of salt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Unfortunately it's looking more and more likely that Llorente is a crock.
    Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Why so? He's had muscle injuries but has playedmost fixtures for his clubs over the past five seasons, respectively 37, 27, 28, 23 & 30 games. That's an average of 29 a season and it'd do me. He was superb against Ronaldo and Portugal recently and I'm hoping he'll be our star CB this season.

Going by the Athletic and Phil Hay today Llorente was kept with the first team instead of U23s by choice. Bielsa kept all first teamers back from the U23 game for a change (not that it affected their result!) and is drilling them to bounce back against Brighton.

Bielsa made mistakes against Crawley for sure, sticking to his half time subs plan regardless of how the game was actually going. Way too many playing in new positions (Davis, Philips, Shackleton, Struijk and Harrison I think). Think Kiko and Costa have played their way out of the club if they hadn't already. Overall we'll be fine though, Bielsa won't take that defeat easily and will want to show what we are really about against Brighton. Southampton being postponed could be a great thing with more time on the training ground between that and a free non-FA Cup weekend. Bournemouth away would've been tricky and a lot of travel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,077 ✭✭✭✭event

Have you watched him play?

In senior games? Cos playing at U23 level means nothing tbh. Better players than him have gone nowhere and worse players have become internationals.

Personally I will wait and see how a kid of 18 does in the first team before claiming he'll replace a striker who has 10 goals already this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,986 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

newhouse87 wrote: »
    Bielsa never compromising has also resulted in him not winning much as a manger, he got us out of the doldrums so for that reason i will take the few hammerings we get every now and then.

Look at the clubs he's chosen. Not the richest in any league in Europe and a challenge each time.

There are still a fair few honours there - Olympics with Argentina and three Argentine championships. He also got a lot of unfancied clubs to major finals - Newell's Old Boys to the Champions League equivalent in South America and Bilbao to the europa final.

He'll keep us playing in the manner he's accustomed us to and it'll work far more often than not. We finish in the PL top ten this season (as I expect) and that's one hell of a change from 13th in the Championship 30 months ago. In Marcelo we trust.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Emma Jones instagram post today......... That is all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

Eyes on the prize stryker!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Emma Jones instagram post today......... That is all

I’ll be back in 5 mins

• Advertisement

Only needed 2 mins

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Southampton game postponed, if we can drag ourselves away from the filth.............:p

Bielsa press conference on at lunch, we will know about Meslier in the next hour hopefully....

whiterebel wrote: »
    Southampton game postponed, if we can drag ourselves away from the filth.............:p

To accommodate the FA Cup. A joke really.

This postponing games is annoying me. Clubs have squads of 25 players as well as U23s. If you have 14 fit players, you should be playing. This craic of "they had to close the training ground". Christ almighty, get professional cleaners in to make sure its ok.

Play the bloody games

Philips the only player not available, apart from the obvious out with injury. Thank Christ for that

event wrote: »
    To accommodate the FA Cup. A joke really.

This postponing games is annoying me. Clubs have squads of 25 players as well as U23s. If you have 14 fit players, you should be playing. This craic of "they had to close the training ground". Christ almighty, get professional cleaners in to make sure its ok.

Play the bloody games

Ah the postponement might benefit us if Koch is back and even if the likes of Llorrente has more gametime against lesser opposition before the rescheduled match is played. Talk of March according to the athletic.

Ah the postponement might benefit us if Koch is back and even if the likes of Llorrente has more gametime against lesser opposition before the rescheduled match is played. Talk of March according to the athletic.

Oh I know, it could work out. But there is talk Danny Ings has COVID. So would be nice to face southampton next week without him

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,343 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

event wrote: »
    Oh I know, it could work out. But there is talk Danny Ings has COVID. So would be nice to face southampton next week without him

Confirmed he's tested positive

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55666396

Slightly hammered, I just put $100 on us to win tomorrow, don’t fail me now Leeds

• Advertisement

Slightly hammered, I just put $100 on us to win tomorrow, don’t fail me now Leeds

Hhhhhmmm

Brighton winless in 9....until they rock up to Elland Road of course

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Well at least we'll know who to blame...

Casilla in goal, no Meslier...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,046 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Your €100 will be fine if Brighton have no shots on target.
    Kiko in goal, FFS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Gone from confident to terrified in 5 mins. Praying Kiko proves everyone bar Bielsa wrong. Bielsa has to be the last man alive with faith in Kiko.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,025 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Caprile must be very poor if we’re sticking with Kiko.

Good to see Cooper and Llorente back available. We should be beating this Brighton team even with Kiko in goal. Although we did say that about Crawley!!

• Advertisement

Oh god

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

Oh god

A game to be watched from behind the couch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,542 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Could've done without this news, was hoping for a comfortable and thought it could actually be achieved. Had hoped Crawley was the last of him

Caprile must be very poor if we’re sticking with Kiko.

Good to see Cooper and Llorente back available. We should be beating this Brighton team even with Kiko in goal. Although we did say that about Crawley!!
    He's 19. Casilla is definitely a better option in that case. He too can have brilliant moments but has far too many sloppy ones as well.

is_that_so wrote: »
    He's 19. Casilla is definitely a better option in that case. He too can have brilliant moments but has far too many sloppy ones as well.

The last 19 year old goalkeeper to come in didnt do too badly

• Advertisement

We're f*cked, Kiko is incompetent and couldn't give a sh*te

Thinking of putting 5 on Ben White to score. (Let’s face it - from a corner)

What's with the pitch? Looks awful

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,343 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Mushy wrote: »
    What's with the pitch? Looks awful

Apparently the pitch needed to be replaced a good few years ago, but they thought they could stretch it a bit. Then they couldn't lay a new one last summer because the break was only 7 weeks, and they need 10-12 weeks to bed in.

Ah ffs.

Cant blame that on Casilla, so I'm looking Carcharadon

Can see him doing Llorente for Struijk at half time

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Defence sliced apart. Struijk looks lost - quelle surprise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Hijpo

This game is not going to end well.

Cant see any positives at all 30 minutes in.
    Giving the ball away from sloppy passes or trying and failing to beat a man.

Shambolic in defence at times. Pitch is in shocking condition.

Zaph wrote: »
    Apparently the pitch needed to be replaced a good few years ago, but they thought they could stretch it a bit. Then they couldn't lay a new one last summer because the break was only 7 weeks, and they need 10-12 weeks to bed in.

Ah ffs.

The pitch is awful, it's a real pudding of a pitch - says Martin Keown

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,986 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

We're dictating the play now. More optimism please.

We go into the last 20 mins on level terms and they'll collapse. This pace and their two lengthy trips this week should mean they'll struggle in the second half.

Wonder how much of an impact the pitch is having on our play? Think I’m just looking for excuses now.

Kalvin is such a loss

Ball seems to be sticking to the pitch in the cut up areas, and then runs out of the penalty area for Dallas’ run.

The pitch was fine for Brighton goal. Thats a handy excuse. Struijk is not up to that position.

And we need more from Klich. Again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Hijpo

whiterebel wrote: »
    Ball seems to be sticking to the pitch in the cut up areas, and then runs out of the penalty area for Dallas’ run.

Keep trying to play long balls, probably because of the pitch, and they are just no where near good enough. Twice in a row we gave the ball back to Brighton with that type of passing.

Ayling didn’t touch him and gets a yellow?

Not on it so far today, I expect a system change and a sub at half time.

Brighton are a better team than their position suggests. We are second best today. So far.

Hit the target ffs Jack.

• Advertisement

Better. They are going to need the rollers on that pitch between games, and cut it shorter. Not helping our passing game.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement