Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Llorente alongside Cooper at the back, that's good to see.

Klich definitely hasn't been on form lately, a bit of a rest from the starting lineup might do him good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,909 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

event wrote: »
    Really worried about tonight. First time being nervous this year tbh. A win is essential. If we dont get a win here, vs a very poor newcastle team and after having 10 days to prepare the rest of the year will be a struggle imo

I was similarly worried until I saw our team sheet. As strong a side as we've put out all season. Add to that a struggling Newcastle side and a likely positive response after Brighton. 3-1 to Leeds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    I was similarly worried until I saw our team sheet. As strong a side as we've put out all season. Add to that a struggling Newcastle side and a likely positive response after Brighton. 3-1 to Leeds.

No, we're not allowed be positive!

I think hes a bit of a crock!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Jesus christ we can't catch a break

Mushy wrote: »

A packet of pink wafer biscuits would be more robust than him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

Said it ages ago

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Jesus, does Llorente not warm up properly?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Aand Llorrente gone, Pascal on.

bleh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

You one up guys don't worry about poor lorrrnte

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Go on, Raphinha!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I said the same thing, he's definitely a crock.

Very well worked goal!

Lovely stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭adaminho

In fairness to him he hasn't really had time to get fit before being thrown in at the deep end! Koch went off injured in his first game on the bench then had 45mins of U23s before starting this game.

Nice Brazilian combo. More of that please.

Please please please no more fckin injuries in defense

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Please please please no more fckin injuries in defense

Well how about to goalkeeper?

What's up with Bamford's first touch? Not ever seem him be so off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Not been brilliant so far but we still look the more likely to score next. Meslier looks a little bit shaky.
    I'm not sensing much sympathy for Llorente here but I really feel for the lad, he just can't get any luck since joining.

• Advertisement

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    Not been brilliant so far but we still look the more likely to score next. Meslier looks a little bit shaky.
    I'm not sensing much sympathy for Llorente here but I really feel for the lad, he just can't get any luck since joining.

Its a scrappy game so just hope to get the next goal and be somewhat comfortable

I do feel sorry for him despite calling him a crock, must be very frustrating for him

Ceist_Beag wrote: »

I think everyone is hugely sympathetic towards him, every time he's closer to a return he gets another knock back. I think everyone is just frustrated over how much has been spent on him and we're not getting to see what he can do

Not an ounce of effort from Bamford all night, doesn't seem to want to do anything and as a result, gives the ball away for the goal. F**k off

FFS, arseing around in dangerous areas again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

Dreadful from Pat, rightly hooked

Messing about cos they're much better, deserved to concede.

Yessss

• Advertisement

I was just thinking how bad Newcastle are.......

I wouldnt be taking Bamford off

I wouldnt be taking Bamford off

But late for that

Zaph wrote: »
    I think everyone is hugely sympathetic towards him, every time he's closer to a return he gets another knock back. I think everyone is just frustrated over how much has been spent on him and we're not getting to see what he can do

More criticism than sympathy here. A bad start but give him time and let's support our players. He may turn out to be a poor buy but it's very early days.

adaminho wrote: »
    In fairness to him he hasn't really had time to get fit before being thrown in at the deep end! Koch went off injured in his first game on the bench then had 45mins of U23s before starting this game.

Missed 14 league games in 18/19
    Missed 4 league games in 19/20

Hes had plenty of time to get fit. He's one of those lads who always picks up injuries

• Advertisement

Hes had plenty of time to get fit. He's one of those lads who always picks up injuries

I think you'll be able to apply similar stats to half our team by season's end.

But he didn't get time to recover from his injury! He suffered a groin injury on International duty and and was then rushed into the Chelsea game with no game time. He's played a game and a half for Leeds including reserve football. If we weren't screwed for centre backs he would have a few U23 games to get fit and be a regular now. As you said he only missed 4 games last season.

His last five seasons - played 37, 27, 28, 23, 30. That's an average of 29 games per season and more than most of our squad will manage this season. Give Llorente a break.

Jesus that wasnt relaxing Tuesday viewing

Thank f*ck for that

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

That’ll do. Raphina is such a baller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

14 points above Fulham in 18th. Guaranteed safety is not far away!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,024 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

That was excruciating. But 3 points. Ill take that.
    If we play like that at Leicester on Sunday, we will get creamed.

Me nerves.

is_that_so wrote: »

I had to laugh as Classic hits sports report classed it as "A game between Premier League stragglers"

• Advertisement

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    His last five seasons - played 37, 27, 28, 23, 30. That's an average of 29 games per season and more than most of our squad will manage this season. Give Llorente a break.

I dont think he's reading boards so it's ok if I give him a bit of slagging.

Maybe ill be proved wrong. Ill be delighted if I am.

But I'm worried when a 27 year old is injured with a variety of different injuries.
    Ankles, hamstrings, calfs. If it was one troublesome injury, I can understand that

If he was a midfielder or a striker, fair enough, gets a bit more leeway. But we need our centre halves to play every week.

Great win. Good to see us being a bit clever at the end, holding it in the corner.

Harrison has been good all season pleased he got a goal. Raphina is brilliant, his goal looked so simple

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

It's alright arseing around at the back when we're also peppering their goal, but that isn't happening lately. It allows poor teams like Newcastle come at us, when they should be pinned back. Needs sorting

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

But I'm worried when a 27 year old is injured with a variety of different injuries.
    Ankles, hamstrings, calfs. If it was one troublesome injury, I can understand that

If he was a midfielder or a striker, fair enough, gets a bit more leeway. But we need our centre halves to play every week.

I agree with this. Personally I don't think 29 games a season is that great at all for a centre half. That's 9 league games a season missed.

Although I would gladly take that rate at this stage.

is_that_so wrote: »

After 19 games last season, 26 points and -3 GD would have put Leeds in 9th.

https://twitter.com/e_LeedsUnited/status/1354013148601344001

Just remember we played 0 games between these two articles!

Criticism of players permeates through forums and social media before getting picked up by mainstream media. Somehow or other it reaches the players and Llorente is someone who could be very significant for us in the next few years. A bad start and he's had injuries before but 29 games per season is more than almost all of our squad will manage.

And I hope you're wrong, not for any gratification on my part but because him and Koch could be a really impressive pairing for the next few seasons.

Kingp35 wrote: »
    I agree with this. Personally I don't think 29 games a season is that great at all for a centre half. That's 9 league games a season missed.

Although I would gladly take that rate at this stage.

It's more than Cooper, Koch or Struijk will manage this season.

Thought Meslier was brilliant, despite getting kicked in the head twice

• Advertisement

Thought Meslier was brilliant, despite getting kicked in the head twice

That second one was a joke, foot was left there deliberately to do exactly that. Could easily have taken it out of the way, was the trailing foot too. Not even a card.

More I think of the game, Taylor was appalling. Studs on Raphinha inside a minute set the tone, went downhill from there

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement