Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

whiterebel wrote: »
    I thought Fulham spent around £150M.

Transfermarkt puts it at just under £105m spent and just under £5m for a sale so £100m overall.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-fulham/transfers/verein/931/saison_id/2018

event wrote: »
    Reading with Phil Hay, he had said that one of the reason Radz spent was because he knew new 49ers investment was coming. Plus they probably thought crowds be back in by October

Its great we spent so much and it was needed. But I dont think we'll see it again this summer and not sure if its needed. Thats just my opinion though. I dont think MB likes loads of changes. But if he wants it, he'll get it. One thing I do like is him, Radz and Orta all seem to be on the same page and very aligned with transfers.

I think you're right. I'd expect 2/3 buys - LB and creative midfielder for sure, possibly a back up CD also. Despite some poor results we're close to having the team we want.

Zaph wrote: »
    Palace and Wolves dates confirmed:

Leeds United v Crystal Palace
    New fixture date: Monday 8th February 2021
    New kick-off time: 8pm live on Sky Sports
    Venue: Elland Road

Wolverhampton Wanderers v Leeds United
    New fixture date: Friday 19th February 2021
    New kick-off time: 8pm live on BT Sport
    Venue: Molineux

Excellent times. I'm not sure about any of you guys but I've got very young kids and trying to watch games at 2/4/6 is not easy. More 8pm kick-offs please.

Particularly looking forward to these two also as we can win both. It'd be nice to balance out the losses earlier in he season against teams who were stronger then than now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,896 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Excellent times. I'm not sure about any of you guys but I've got very young kids and trying to watch games at 2/4/6 is not easy. More 8pm kick-offs please.

Particularly looking forward to these two also as we can win both. It'd be nice to balance out the losses earlier in he season against teams who were stronger then than now.

Wolves and crystal palace playing each other today. Might be interesting to watch who does what well against each other.

Newcastle have been poor all season but they've shown improvement lately and I was impressed by much of what I saw on Tuesday. They're beaten Everton away today so our win may prove to be even better with hindsight.

For tomorrow bear in mind that Phillips, Rodrigo & Raphina missed the previous Leicester game and are all fit for tomorrow.

Ndidi is apparently also out. Are the odds moving in our favour?

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    For tomorrow bear in mind that Phillips, Rodrigo & Raphina missed the previous Leicester game and are all fit for tomorrow.

Ndidi is apparently also out. Are the odds moving in our favour?

I wouldn't say the odds are moving in our favour, but it might mean we could scrape a draw if we're really lucky. Leicester have the 5th best defence in the division, and only Liverpool and Man Utd have scored more goals than them. Even without Vardy pretty much anyone on the team is capable of getting a goal, but in particular Maddison and Barnes. They're going to love playing against a defence that leaves space for them to exploit and we're really going to need Kalvin to be at his very best to nullify their threat. Tbh, I'll be happy if we don't get a hiding tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

Good piece again in the athletic, how Leicester are the blueprint for Radz.(not the winning the league bit, but that be nice :pac: ) He talks about challenging for the EL places in 5 to 7 years. That would tie in with what a lot of us think tbh.

Over next few years a lot of money be spent on traimg ground and Elland Road. That players will be sold to make big profit and we will use the u23s a lot and our scouting departments to find cheaper players.

I actually would have loved us to go for Eze in the summer, he's a quality player. Think he can play central too

The more I see him thr more im annoyed we didn't go for him. He'd probably have picked Palace anyway but ye never know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

The more I see him thr more im annoyed we didn't go for him. He'd probably have picked Palace anyway but ye never know

He's going to be at the top clubs after next season id say,. Unsure if bigger teams were in for him over the summer, but going to Palace was a good move.

Tough game today, injuries for both sides. Would be delighted with a point

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭newhouse87

Good piece again in the athletic, how Leicester are the blueprint for Radz.(not the winning the league bit, but that be nice :pac: ) He talks about challenging for the EL places in 5 to 7 years. That would tie in with what a lot of us think tbh.

Over next few years a lot of money be spent on traimg ground and Elland Road. That players will be sold to make big profit and we will use the u23s a lot and our scouting departments to find cheaper players.

its a nice idea tbf, but its also risky strategy, selling your big players can have a detrimental impact on the club and ability to attract good talent in the future. Not saying big spending is the way forward either. At the moment i would be content enough especially for first season up, we are beating the teams below us which is all we need to do really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Really expected Klich to be back in the team today! Struijk for Llorente the only change.

newhouse87 wrote: »
    its a nice idea tbf, but its also risky strategy, selling your big players can have a detrimental impact on the club and ability to attract good talent in the future. Not saying big spending is the way forward either. At the moment i would be content enough especially for first season up, we are beating the teams below us which is all we need to do really.

Yeah it had more in the article. Leicester only sell one player per year and for big money.

Chilwell - 50m
    Maguire - 80m
    Mahrez - 60m
    Drinkwater - 35m
    Kante - 35m

etc etc

Its a sustainable model, but you need to get the replacements right. Could be a few years before that. I'd agree with your last line

NO idea why, but feel we can get something here today. They are 3rd, only Man City have won more games, 3rd top scorers in the league

But they have lost 4 of their 5 game at home. Dunno why, a wave of optimism has just hit me

NO idea why, but feel we can get something here today. They are 3rd, only Man City have won more games, 3rd top scorers in the league

But they have lost 4 of their 5 game at home. Dunno why, a wave of optimism has just hit me

Can you send some my way ha.

Ah well. Nice when it lasted

Thats shocking. He ran from his own half

• Advertisement

That was far too easy for Barnes

ayling ball watching ,hes areal liability with a while now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Lovely goal - back in it

What a goal. Just about to say their goal was too easy, nice response though

great finish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Lovely first time finish. Come on!!

More of that please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

The good and the bad from Luke Ayling. Gave Barnes far too much space for the goal but then really good to set up our goal. Great pass from Bamford and super finish from Dallas. Hopefully Rodrigo is okay to continue.

Ah well. Nice when it lasted

Thats shocking. He ran from his own half

Schär-esque!

Lucky escape with Perez offside there. Not good now for Rodrigo. It’s never dull with us anyway!!!

He'll be out for a few weeks I reckon :(

Phew lucky there. This could end up at any score line.

Rodrigo down with the groin. Hopefully nothing serious in terms of games missed.

Fack off Schmeichel!!!!!!!!!

A mad game

Mushy wrote: »
    A mad game

I would take 1-1 and a point to be honest

Hijpo wrote: »
    I would take 1-1 and a point to be honest

Hard to see it finishing 1-1 but would definitely take it! We look nervous when they run at us.

• Advertisement

3 at the back for Leicester....hate playing against this

Yeah we are not coping with it

Yeah we are not coping with it

Wow

What a finish!

unreal finish and also i ****ing love raphinha.

Ah lads thats unreal

That’s savage. Big effort to hold on needed now!

Didn’t think Dallas’s finish would be topped today. That’s a stunner!!!

Cracking goal. Not your typical Bamford finish, good to see him having a go like that.

• Advertisement

Superb

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

He needed a goal too, great finish

Soooooo much pressure now.

Those runs from deep, tielemans and forfana.

Costa on for raphinha, not sure if he was coming off anyway but he had a problem with his thigh.

Raphina missing games would be a disaster.

Great goal lads. Raphina again, he's brilliant

Brilliant stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

AINDJSIAPmJjznzizjKNu

Nice to see us being so clinical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

When we're good...........

Superb, how good was Dallas there and Bamford Mom for me today, brilliant.

1-4 would be sweet ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement