Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Looked like a training ground experiment today.
    One of the games we shouldn't be too worried or bothered about losing.
    Seeing how arsenal set up in the first 10 minutes and how difficult it was for us to play out I knew we were going to be in trouble.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Why wasn’t Gabriel booked for diving?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,541 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

And now Costa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,986 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

COOOSSSSTTAAAA

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,025 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

That Costa guy - we never doubted him!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,046 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Costa scored LOL.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Told ya Costa was brilliant..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

Surely not...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Well ok then, one goal and it’s going o get crazy, come on

Does Costa have Herpies ?

• Advertisement

whiterebel wrote: »
    Why wasn’t Gabriel booked for diving?

And Ayling somehow gets away with that one

An Ayling special!��

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

How was that not a peno.

Defence is a shambles.

ASOT wrote: »
    How was that not a peno.

Couldn’t expect to get that when Arsenals was cancelled out in the first half IMO.

ASOT wrote: »
    How was that not a peno.

Bamford fouled and no touch of the ball. If the ref misses it then VAR shouldn't.

Thought that was a penalty to be honest, anywhere else on the pitch and it’s a foul

Couldn’t expect to get that when Arsenals was cancelled out in the first half IMO.

Cooper was jostling their attacker. 50/50.

Bamford taken by lower leg. Clear foul.

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Cooper was jostling their attacker.

Bamford taken by lower leg. Clear foul.

Not really but I like your reasoning lol

Saka is class

• Advertisement

Saka is class

Savage prospect. You’d hope we can develop a few like that from our academy in the next few years.

Savage prospect. You’d hope we can develop a few like that from our academy in the next few years.

Huggins is looking good

Mushy wrote: »
    Huggins is looking good

Yep, looks very comfortable, definitely no out of his depth

Huggins is looking good

Agreed. Would like to see him played a bit more.

Great return of sportsmanship by arsenal. We put it out and they give it back 70 yards away.

Happy with that result to be honest, was looking embarrassing for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Huggins is looking good
    Does that suggest that Alioski will be on his way in the summer?

is_that_so wrote: »

Hopefully, I love him but if we are to push on in the league, he isn’t the standard you want

Dunno if they'd get rid of him just yet, but may push him down to sub

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Saka is class

He certainly took Alioski to the cleaners first half. As others said, Ayling at CB was a mistake today, should have continued with Cooper and Struijk there.

Not really but I like your reasoning lol

Souness and Hasselbaink have it as a clear pen.. That poor decision may have cost us a point, and a league position.

Shackleton should be used as DM instead of Struijk. Take a leaf out of George Graham's book - sort your defence first. Cooper and Struijk look solid and Ayling is usually more comfortable at right back. Love Alioski, but he's a liability at least once per game at LB. Get rid of Poveda and Costa and keep Alioski as backup to Harrison.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,076 ✭✭✭✭event

He'll be getting a new contract soon so I doubt it.

Didnt see any of today, thank god

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

8 regular & 2 fringe Championship players plus Raphina. 20yr old in goal who is way ahead of schedule. Some decent game time from 2 squad players and impressive from Huggins. Make no mistake, Arsenal were on their game today right from the start. Disappointed, but not dismayed. Need Everton to see off Fulham now

event wrote: »

A tough watch. Even if we'd got the pen and knocked in another it'd have been an undeserved draw.

Though I'm surprised that the pundits don't acknowledge that we're missing four internationals, effectively the spine of our team.

• Advertisement

One thing I will say about todays performance.
    Has Bielsa prohibited Meslier from booting the ball to the centre circle?
    He needs to do that when in doubt.
    Also, the defenders rely too much on Meslier as the last defender to pass it to.

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Souness and Hasselbaink have it as a clear pen.. That poor decision may have cost us a point, and a league position.

Arsenal deserved their win, we would be clutching at straws to think otherwise

We were second best, however if we were given that penalty (which was a stone cold penalty), we could have nicked an important draw.

They were better than us but at 4-3 I'd have backed us to score again. I think it's quite fair to dispute poor refereeing decisions. Hopefully no more in the next ten days.

8 regular & 2 fringe Championship players plus Raphina. 20yr old in goal who is way ahead of schedule. Some decent game time from 2 squad players and impressive from Huggins. Make no mistake, Arsenal were on their game today right from the start. Disappointed, but not dismayed. Need Everton to see off Fulham now

We won't be caught, dont worry. 14 points.

• Advertisement

Yeah, he is wanted but will he settle for being a perennial sub? Huggins is definitely a much better prospect for LB based on his appearance yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Jimmy Two Times

That game showed how much we miss Kalvin. Not only for his defensive awareness but did you notice how few times the defenders or keeper were prepared to play it to Struijk when we were trying to beat their press and get out. Never seen our keeper hit so many longish passes to the opposition as he had no other alternatives. Don't like criticising Cooper as I think he has done well with the step up but he did Meslier no favours today,taking the easy way out all the time instead of looking forward. If you're going to play Struijk in that position,at least give him the ball or use him as a decoy and take it out yourself. Thought we played into their hands a lot and with our defensive frailties,if you concede possession so easily,there's only one possible outcome.

On another note, I'm not one of those Leeds supporters that hates Man U just because you're supposed to but thought Harry Maguire was a joke yesterday. Dives to try win a penalty, behaves like a three year when keeper saves his header,throwing himself onto the ground, and then gives such a stereotypical,cliched interview after the game, of course it was a penalty, you don't come to a place like West Brom and make 10 chances he says...........give me a bucket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Cover for Kalvin has to be a summer signing. Struijk isn't it and we knew that before yesterday. He's a solid CB with good potential. Not all players can switch positions as easily as Bielsa wants. I was hoping to see Dallas tried there and leave Struijk and Ayling in position. Dallas covers so much ground and is very composed and although not as physical as Philips could do a good job there.

I'd be surprised if Alioski took a new contract to be honest. He knows we'll be getting a LB in the summer and he'll be a squad player. Normally he'd be happy with that but he's at his peak age and a free agent with interest from Galatasary for one last big payday move. I'd rather he goes anywhere than those f*ckers, but wouldn't begrudge him a move when he won't be a starter. Next season should be Huggins and Davis as back-up to a new LB and Dallas can cover there too if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Jimmy Two Times

We won't be caught, dont worry. 14 points.

I know,but you can't help it.It's all the years of " Doing a Leeds "

Fulham have been good last few games and could conceivably put a run together but I think we're far enough ahead. Also think Newcastle and Palace will finish below us too.

Newcastle in trouble now with Wilson out for a few weeks

Chelsea
    Man U
    Wolves

3 tough games on the way too

I thought we gave up looking down the table?

It's just a little wobble because Fulham won! Next two games have potential for points!

Seems that Koch may not be fully available until the middle of next month. Also reading that LB, midfielders especially Kalvin backup and maybe a winger (for Costa) are the summer plans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Seems that Koch may not be fully available until the middle of next month. Also reading that LB, midfielders especially Kalvin backup and maybe a winger (for Costa) are the summer plans.

Bielsa said Klich wasn't 100% either and offered to play, thanked him for it.

Oh Im not worried at all, just looking at newcastle as didnt know Fulham were so close to them :D

That would make sense. A LB and a central midfielder are key. After that we are ok. And of course, hold on to what we have and MB stays on

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement