Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,024 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

We tend to get over-run when Kalvin is out. Brighton, Leicester, ManU, Palace and now Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Rodrigo and Poveda are now back training.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

From Bielsa's press conference before the Wolves game - Klich and Llorente are available, Phillips and Rodrigo are not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭adaminho

Zaph wrote: »
    From Bielsa's press conference before the Wolves game - Klich and Llorente are available, Phillips and Rodrigo are not.

It's a pity the 23's are playing tomorrow lunch time and the seniors playing that evening. 45mins for Llorente and a game on Monday would've been ideal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Llorente is a bonus, but any time Phillips is out I dread the game.

Radz said his £100m investment trebled in value when we got promoted so this SF49 purchase of shares should be for £63m. ...

This valuation of Leeds confirmed by Radz today.

https://twitter.com/ArashMassoudi/status/1362348359403585536?s=20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭adaminho

Llorente is a bonus, but any time Phillips is out I dread the game.
    Shackleton to holding midfield? I thought with Struijk playing well the last few games at CH might have boosted his confidence moving up into the Phillips role.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Jimmy Two Times

adaminho wrote: »
    Shackleton to holding midfield? I thought with Struijk playing well the last few games at CH might have boosted his confidence moving up into the Phillips role.

Think he's reasonable with the defensive side of the role but really struggles when trying to play out with the ball. Don't think the keeper or the centre backs trust him enough so options for beating the press are severely limited as was seen against Arsenal. Phillips has this knack of taking the pass on the half turn, getting away from a marker and making space for himself to start attacks. Struijk seems to need it in front of him all the time and invites the pressure.

This is why I think Dallas is better suited to the role in an emergency than Struijk,Klich or Shackleton.

No issues with Shacks playing further up the pitch but not in that pivotal position.

If Llorente is fit enough for 90 minutes (a big if, I know) then I'd rather see him slot in for Phillips and Struijk back alongside Cooper in central defence. It would also mean that Ayling doesn't get pulled from right back again. I'd say me winning the Euromillions is the more likely occurrence tomorrow night.

• Advertisement

+1 on Dallas there and let Struijk revert to CB. Llorente isn't going to start after so long out. A clip on MotD2 showed how Struijk was dropping back to CB too much and not offering the out ball to defenders. When he got the ball he wasn't able to buy space or see everything around the pitch like Phillips does. No one can replace Kalvin, but given how we play it has to be someone energetic for covering attacks and then instantly offering an option to defenders when a tackle is made. Also needs to be able to carry it forward with intent if the opposition mark all passing options. Not being bad, but if Struijk is carrying the ball into your half, you're going to leave it to him and mark the attackers he could pass to instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Bielsa seems pretty convinced in his mind that Dallas is not the man for that role (nor Klich either, he said as much after the Arsenal game). He's not one to change his mind easily so I can't see him going with Dallas there.

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    Bielsa seems pretty convinced in his mind that Dallas is not the man for that role (nor Klich either, he said as much after the Arsenal game). He's not one to change his mind easily so I can't see him going with Dallas there.

Yeah, Dallas is just what I’d like to see but don’t think the starting line up will change at all. Bielsa does seem to know a little bit more than me about football so I’ll fully back his choice. Will be interesting to see who we go for as back up for Phillips. One that popped into my head but really unlikely is to bring back Ronaldo Viera.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Yeah, Dallas is just what I’d like to see but don’t think the starting line up will change at all. Bielsa does seem to know a little bit more than me about football so I’ll fully back his choice. Will be interesting to see who we go for as back up for Phillips. One that popped into my head but really unlikely is to bring back Ronaldo Viera.

Fabien Delph would be perfect for me in the holding position. Always reminded me of Viera.

whiterebel wrote: »
    Fabien Delph would be perfect for me in the holding position. Always reminded me of Viera.

31 now with another year to run on his contract. Not getting a regular game at Everton, they might be happy to get something for him in the summer, and he might be happy to settle into a backup role where he started his career for potentially the last couple of seasons before retirement. Could be a good shout.

Vieira is currently on loan at Verona and they have an option to buy at the end of the season, although I think he's only played a couple of times for them. However he's a lot younger than Delph and probably wants more game time, so he mightn't be too keen on coming back as an understudy, although I think he'd be a perfect candidate for the job.

Kalvin's grandmother, who was a bit of a legend on Take Us Home, died this morning. Presumably that's why he's out tomorrow rather than injury. RIP

• Advertisement

Sad news, RIP Granny Val

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

Just saw that. The reason he didnt move to Villa too. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

Ah that's terribly sad, she was a real character. Loved her cameos in the documentary. Just as Kalvin was about to sign his new contract, she pipes in with "Have you read it?" :D

And it was very clear from the doc that family was so important to him in deciding to stay put. RIP

SO thoughts for later? We should win, but Wolves are a horrible team to play against. And I am always fearful of Traore.

I wonder will Koch start and Struijk in midfield? Means not much change to the shape. I hope Llorente isnt rushed back. Let him work his way in. If we are winning easy with 5 mins to go, through him on

Think it will be the same as Sunday................unfortunately. Unlikely to change Struijk from Kalvin's spot.

Mightn't be as stiff a test for him against Wolves as they'll hardly press as high as Arsenal did.

If Llorente is ready he may play and Ayling may return to Right Back.

Can't see any other changes unless Klich isn't ready.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

About time we had a draw.

Might be wrong but I thought there were a lot of positional changes in the second half on Sunday. Maybe trying a few different things out with tonight's game in mind. Would be surprised to see Llorente thrown in though.

U23s currently 1-0 up against Norwich, and missed a penalty. Neither Greenwood nor Gelhardt in the squad, so possibly on the bench tonight.

U23s currently 1-0 up against Norwich, and missed a penalty. Neither Greenwood nor Gelhardt in the squad, so possibly on the bench tonight.

Greenwood is injured apparently but certainly looks like Geldhart will be on the bench. Lovely article on the Athletic about the two of them, certainly seem like exciting talents.
    I don't really expect to see any change this evening either unless maybe Klich doesn't start, in which case it's probably Roberts who will come in. It would be nice to see a bit more of Huggins and maybe get a glimpse of Geldhart at some point this evening.

Still 1-0 and we've had Nohan Kenneh sent off,they've had 2 sent off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Anyone know where I could get live audio commentary for tonight's game?

Will be working

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Anyone know where I could get live audio commentary for tonight's game?

Will be working

If you can get BBC Radio Leeds on the Tune in App or via their website.

Otherwise I think LUTV have it for 99 pence.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

If you can get BBC Radio Leeds on the Tune in App or via their website.

I thought BBC Leeds don't put Leeds matches on their online apps due to rights issues.

Still 1-0 and we've had Nohan Kenneh sent off,they've had 2 sent off.

Finished 2-0, 96th minute penalty

Kingp35 wrote: »
    I thought BBC Leeds don't put Leeds matches on their online apps due to rights issues.

Didn't know that,apols.

Never had to try listen. But it is on BBC Radio Leeds.

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    Greenwood is injured apparently but certainly looks like Geldhart will be on the bench. Lovely article on the Athletic about the two of them, certainly seem like exciting talents.
    I don't really expect to see any change this evening either unless maybe Klich doesn't start, in which case it's probably Roberts who will come in. It would be nice to see a bit more of Huggins and maybe get a glimpse of Geldhart at some point this evening.

Please no

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Rumours on Waccoe of Strujik dropped, Davis in for alioski at LB.... Llorente starting and Dallas a DMF

Didn't know that,apols.

Never had to try listen. But it is on BBC Radio Leeds.

5 Live too.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000scbc

event wrote: »
    SO thoughts for later? We should win, but Wolves are a horrible team to play against. And I am always fearful of Traore.

I wonder will Koch start and Struijk in midfield? Means not much change to the shape. I hope Llorente isnt rushed back. Let him work his way in. If we are winning easy with 5 mins to go, through him on

Not so sure. Without Kalvin we are chaotic at the back. Nobody taking control.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Although i’d love to see Struijk back at CB, I think Bielsa is still going to play him at CDM and Ayling in the middle.

Interested to see the team no doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Be interesting to see the formation he goes with, I would hope struijk and dallas in the back 4 and either klich or shackleton in the philips role.

Roll on 8 bells, a win would put us back into the top half overnight :)

Presumably Dallas to lb then and the rest is as they lined out the last day

Rumours on Waccoe of Strujik dropped, Davis in for alioski at LB.... Llorente starting and Dallas a DMF

I wouldnt trust majority of the idiots in WACCOE tbh

Formation is interesting, something like this?

Ayling - Cooper - Struijk - Shackleton/Dallas

Klich

Raphinha - Shacklelton/Dallas - Roberts - Harrison

Bamford

is_that_so wrote: »

Gulp.
    Although to be fair, Alioski may as well have not been on the pitch in the last game.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I'm not confident, I must say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Yeah not confident, but Wolves aren't too prolific either. Wont be much in it anyway

Looks like

Ayling - Cooper - Struijk - Dallas

Shacklelton

Raphinha - Klich - Roberts - Harrison

Bamford

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Mushy wrote: »
    Yeah not confident, but Wolves aren't too prolific either. Wont be much in it anyway

And I like that defensive line, may help Struijk to know it should be pretty solid behind him.

I think we'll score, hopefully Coady won't be as good again. And they won't sccore many. 1-3 to Leeds.

Happy with how they're lining up. Dallas following Neto around.

Shack needs to play 5 yard further forward. We’re giving too much space away in front of goal.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Ah Cooper needs to be scoring that header or at least making the keeper make a save.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

If Wolves are restricted to 20 metre shots then I'm happy. Meslier can deal with them. Though could do without the sloppy passing in our half.

We usually take over possession 20/25 mins into a game so I'm expecting us to go up a gear shortly.

Very like the first Wolves game. They have players who can pick us off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Very like the first Wolves game. They have players who can pick us off.

This is my worry now, although creating chances ourselves.

Wolves should be 1 up there

I remember what the issue was with Tyler before he was sidelined. He does not know how to offload.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement