Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

A couple of good half chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

First 20 minutes I was worried, Shacks looked a bit lost but he has grown into the role and we look better last 20 minutes. Pretty even game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,986 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Meslier tonight has done everything you'd want from your goalie. He plays like that in the second half and he could be the difference between the sides.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,046 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Half time. Leeds were ok, but still worried.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,076 ✭✭✭✭event

Neto getting too many chances. I could see Roberts getting the hook soon

Twice Roberts lost possession to put Wolves in a position where they could and possibly should have scored. I can see a change there soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,541 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    Twice Roberts lost possession to put Wolves in a position where they could and possibly should have scored. I can see a change there soon.

Especially after Cooper was solid in clearing up too

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Bamford doing a massive amount of chasing with no reward

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,025 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Get Pablo on for Roberts for the last 30mins. No tiger sub is screaming out other than potentially Llorente for Shacks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Lucy Ward (ex Leeds player and screwed over by Cellino) doing a great job on commentary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Actually laughed out loud at that “Ayling flop”. He’s quality!

Billhooks!!!

Ah, FFS

So unlucky there. Solid strike. Wolves will be difficult to pick apart now.

That's cruel

A pox on the weekend now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,076 ✭✭✭✭event

Ah ffs

Pablo for Shackleton?.?

I never saw us make so many chances from set pieces.

• Advertisement

Cooper could have had a hattrick from Raphinha's deliveries, should have scored at least one

whiterebel wrote: »
    I never saw us make so many chances from set pieces.

Raphina has completely reinvigorated our set piece attacks. His deliveries are on point more often than not.

Some finish! Pity it doesn't count.

I know was disallowed, but I really like that finish by Bamford. Absolutely drove it past Patricio

Oh, oh......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

Some finish! Pity it doesn't count.

Looked offside alright, but when that graphic first popped up, for a moment I thought he had it!

• Advertisement

Alioski and Costa on. Why not Huggins?

Struijk gets a bit too close to the forward at times, he's getting turned a bit easily by Traore.

How it that fair? Coady hurts himself heading, and they get the ball back? Same happened against Arsenal and they kicked it 70 yards up the pitch. Ball should be given back level to where the ball went out. We'd probably allow them to walk it in......

I give up......

We deserved something tonight, no way Wolves deserved to win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

That was incredibly frustrating

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,343 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

We deserved something tonight, no way Wolves deserved to win.

Yeah, a draw would have been a fair result. A bit sickening to lose to a goal like that.

Yeah we deserved a point. Some great chances we didn’t take ultimately.

I’d love to see this team with a clean bill of health towards the end of the season. Koch, Phillips, Llorente, Rodrigo, Poveda to come on etc.

We were trying to get rid of Roberts on loan in Jan by all account pre injuries occurring and he played 90mins tonight. Costa came on despite fairly universal comments that he’s not good enough for the team. I’d much prefer to see more of Huggins, Gelhardt them seeing Alioski and Costa come on there tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

What a horrible team Wolves are to watch, jesus christ. As above, how we didn’t get the ball back after Coady going down is beyond me.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Costa is really poor, definitely not good enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Harrison went missing tonight. Klitch looks knackered. Raphina is class. I love Pablo but he is done. Meslier had a very good game and was unlucky. .

Overall we could have got something from the game but we left it too late to play Bielsa ball

Ah thats just annoying now. Can't say the better team won, but can't miss so many chances either (I won't be harsh on Cooper bar maybe the second chance).

Feel sorry for Meslier. After last weeks horror show for that then to happen...whatever happened to an uneventful game for a keeper

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    What a horrible team Wolves are to watch, jesus christ. As above, how we didn’t get the ball back after Coady going down is beyond me.

Silva taking the shot (and none of his older teammates telling him to cop on) was worse IMO after the drive up the field.

Yeah we deserved a point. Some great chances we didn’t take ultimately.

I’d love to see this team with a clean bill of health towards the end of the season. Koch, Phillips, Llorente, Rodrigo, Poveda to come on etc.

We were trying to get rid of Roberts on loan in Jan by all account pre injuries occurring and he played 90mins tonight. Costa came on despite fairly universal comments that he’s not good enough for the team. I’d much prefer to see more of Huggins, Gelhardt them seeing Alioski and Costa come on there tonight.

Definitely would like to see the younger lads get some time during the rest of the season. I admire the way Bielsa remains loyal to players but I really don't see a future for Costa or Roberts at the club so I would prefer to see us give the younger lads a chance to gain experience.

And here on Bt sports, enough about Wolves. So, lets talk about Wolves.........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭J Cheever Loophole

I know we can bemoan our luck but the main reason we got nothing from that game was an inability to take our chances and I’m afraid that is more down to the calibre of the players we have. Cooper (2) and Costa had great opportunities to score but were not good enough to take them. Tyler Roberts several times got into promising positions but was undone by his control. That is the difference at this level.

I thought Meslier had an excellent game and Striujk looks as if he is going to be a regular - he is coming on in leaps and bounds, but the stand out player is increasingly Raphinha. A brilliant player and a real threat.

Someone mentioned Wolves time wasting and that was on the money. Very frustrating watching them close that game out.

3 points against the Saints would be very welcome.

Definitely would like to see the younger lads get some time during the rest of the season. I admire the way Bielsa remains loyal to players but I really don't see a future for Costa or Roberts at the club so I would prefer to see us give the younger lads a chance to gain experience.

We need at least 6 more points on the board before Bielsa does that.
    Glanced down the table and we are still comfortable.
    But see how fast Liverpool conceded 16 points. Not saying it will happen to us. Fulham are no Man City.
    Anyway the weekend is dead to me now. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,986 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

I've got no criticism of our players. I also think that some of the unhappiness here is down to frustration with Wolves' cynicism. Falling over easily, time-wasting and twice not giving the ball back when play stopped for supposed injuries to their players. A stronger and more experienced ref would have insisted on the ball being returned to us (only Coote's 13th PL game). Maybe as a team we don't protest enough. MB instilling fair play in the side, etc.

A lot of good moves from several of our players and on another night we'd have had three or four. But losing to Wolves grates a bit more than the losses to say Leicester, Arsenal and others.

Happy we're not a cynical side and I also think we'll do well in our next three matches, all very winnable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,615 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Not so sure. Without Kalvin we are chaotic at the back. Nobody taking control.

Without a world class striker we are chaotic. Bamford tries his heart out, and we all love that, but he misses as much as he scores. That's the reality. The Bielsa system creates chances regardless, just need someone who puts them in consistently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,615 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

The real question is where does all the money go? We're always told Leeds are broke, yet we're the biggest team in Englands 3rd biggest city. Yet perennially broke. Go figure!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

Without a world class striker we are chaotic. Bamford tries his heart out, and we all love that, but he misses as much as he scores. That's the reality. The Bielsa system creates chances regardless, just need someone who puts them in consistently

He buried the only decent chance he had last night. Cooper and Costa more at fault for missing good chances.

Patricio was BBCs MoM last night, for his seven saves.

Bamford isn’t the problem with this team. He’s been excellent this year. I’d be very surprised if we buy another striker to replace or upgrade him this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭championc

Bamford isn’t the problem with this team. He’s been excellent this year. I’d be very surprised if we buy another striker to replace or upgrade him this summer.

He's definitely starting to evolve a bit. Up to recently, you'd never see him put his laces through a shot. Even in warmup, when doing shots, I always found it very interesting to watch how the different players rehearsed their trademark type shots, and Bamfords then we're always the "place into the corner" type.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I know we can bemoan our luck but the main reason we got nothing from that game was an inability to take our chances and I’m afraid that is more down to the calibre of the players we have. Cooper (2) and Costa had great opportunities to score but were not good enough to take them. Tyler Roberts several times got into promising positions but was undone by his control. That is the difference at this level.

I thought Meslier had an excellent game and Striujk looks as if he is going to be a regular - he is coming on in leaps and bounds, but the stand out player is increasingly Raphinha. A brilliant player and a real threat.

Someone mentioned Wolves time wasting and that was on the money. Very frustrating watching them close that game out.

3 points against the Saints would be very welcome.
    It's harsh to criticise a defender for missing a goal, it isn't their job! Costa though, has no excuse and Roberts continues to frustrate if just a bit less of late. Costa to me looks to be a bench-warmer into the future or out the door. He has had oodles of opportunities to show his class and just doesn't deliver; nightmare in own half too as he constantly gives the ball away.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement