Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

Koch has been invisible ;)

Haha.

Klich I meant. Roberts should have scored as should Bamford

But what a goal from him

Surprised at Harrison going off

He has been brilliant in the sense he'd be a brilliant second striker. Offers loads apart from goals, and is delivering some goals in a very cosmetic pleasing fashion, but not enough goal's versus the amount Leeds and Bielsa teams in general create

Bamford has scored more goals under Bielsa than any other striker has

Has the same Goals to shots ratio as Harry Kane this year

If we don't win this we have ourselves to blame. They are pressing hard now. We have had the better chances

Come on Pablo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Put this to bed.

Woohoo!!!

Class finish.

Get in!!

Raphinha is just so clever with his runs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭newhouse87

AS COMMENTAOR SAID, RAPHINHA OPENED UP SOME SPACE THERE

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Cracking finish from Dallas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Only tuning in now....how has it been so far? Obv great from a scoreline perspective, so guess that's most important bit

• Advertisement

event wrote: »
    Raphinha is just so clever with his runs

And he's being let down by some others. His awareness is on a level above most team mates. To hold onto him we need the top players back and good buys during the Summer.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Goalazzzzzzoooooooooo

no more superlatives left for raphinha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

Not sure how we're 3 up here but loving it all the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Mushy wrote: »
    Only tuning in now....how has it been so far? Obv great from a scoreline perspective, so guess that's most important bit

5/10 first half. 11/10 second half. Difference is unreal.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Cooper playing for touch.....:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,024 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

We can score when we want to. LOL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

Lovely tribute to Granny Val. Great to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭adaminho

• Advertisement

For the first time in a while, we have a player that opposition managers will start developing plans for. As in they will need to have a specific plan on how to stop him. He is sensational. And whats better is he is so hard working, does his fair share of tracking back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

I'll give my thoughts on the game when I figure out what happened

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Highlights are great, they look great all night.

Dallas through ball for his goal, Roberts same for Bamford.

Raphinha though, a player who is a real threat. Free kicks and corners are now real opportunities with him whipping the ball in.

Top half of the table again too, ahead of a few teams that I'm delighted with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

I thought I'd never see the day, raphinha was superb.... But so was Helder costa, his best performance this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hijpo

I thought I'd never see the day, raphinha was superb.... But so was Helder costa, his best performance this season

As average as Robert's was, he did put a shift in and was blowing coming off the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭adaminho

• Advertisement

Yep, fair dues Costa and Roberts had good games tonight.

I'll give my thoughts on the game when I figure out what happened

We won!!!

We won!!!

We did. Scoreline seems to have been 3-8 to 0-3. We need to improve our finishing

We did. Scoreline seems to have been 3-8 to 0-3. We need to improve our finishing

Take your points and the goals will come.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

What I love about us is, we don't seem to let our heads drop if it's not going well. Whether that's in the game itself or when we have lost one or two games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

whiterebel wrote: »
    Yep, fair dues Costa and Roberts had good games tonight.

Agreed, they did and tbf to Costa he really made an impression when introduced. I'm not sure if he can reproduce that form consistently but at least he has shown that there is a chance he could perform at this level, whihc is more than a lot of us thought of him prior to last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Super photo of Raphs goal last night - check out the smile on Aylings face! :D

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Eu-i3_kXUAIxBnI?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    Super photo of Raphs goal last night - check out the smile on Aylings face! :D

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Eu-i3_kXUAIxBnI?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

It is also noticable how Bamford is in behind the last defender looking for a possible rebound.

llorente looks a bit like Bamford from a distance. Early in the game yesterday I was wondering why was Pat back there tackling
    “Raphinha’s very necessary because he can unbalance teams by himself,” said Bielsa. “I can add very little to his game. The best thing you can do with players who are so spontaneous is to let them be themselves.”

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    Agreed, they did and tbf to Costa he really made an impression when introduced. I'm not sure if he can reproduce that form consistently but at least he has shown that there is a chance he could perform at this level, whihc is more than a lot of us thought of him prior to last night.

And what pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

Amazing what a 3-0 win does for the mood and general wellbeing!

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Jimmy Two Times

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Saints pressing is good. But keep it goalless for 15/20 mins and we'll take over.

Very prophetic indeed.

Difference between this and the Arsenal game was that Southampton didn't have the quality to capitalise on the pressure they were putting us under with the high press and they hadn't the fitness levels to keep it up. Once we didn't concede in the first 20 - 25 mins it looked like we would be OK once we took our chances. Unfortunately we didn't take the two big chances we got and were probably a little fortunate to go in 0-0.

Thrilled to see Costa and Roberts having an impact as it just gives us more options as their confidence improves. Thought Llorente looked fine and will hopefully develop into a real player for us. Looked like he was constantly trying to do the right things.

Can't understand how you boys have the ability to post on here during the games :D

I'm all over the shop with nerves and excitement.

Very prophetic indeed.

Difference between this and the Arsenal game was that Southampton didn't have the quality to capitalise on the pressure they were putting us under with the high press and they hadn't the fitness levels to keep it up. Once we didn't concede in the first 20 - 25 mins it looked like we would be OK once we took our chances. Unfortunately we didn't take the two big chances we got and were probably a little fortunate to go in 0-0.

Thrilled to see Costa and Roberts having an impact as it just gives us more options as their confidence improves. Thought Llorente looked fine and will hopefully develop into a real player for us. Looked like he was constantly trying to do the right things.

Can't understand how you boys have the ability to post on here during the games :D

only post during games when at work, had 2 tabs open, thank god for twitter streaming, left out 1 shout after first goal and then realized i was at work. Llorente has the appearance of a good player but also as we have seen injury prone, gangly types like joel matip pick up alot of injuries.

Very prophetic indeed.

Happens to all teams who try to play us at our own game. Man City being the first. We soaked it up, went behind and then took over the game.

Ironically last night was the least possession we've had all season (47%). Happy to concede some possession if we win by three goals.

Same again on Saturday please. And hopefully with Agbonlahor in the studio.

Hopefully the reports about Grealish still being out are true. I hate the cheating but he'd be in my top five players this season and an enormous boost if he's missing hence Smith's unhappiness with the dressing-room leaks.

It's also tough to admit but I think Fernandes has been the standout player of 2020/21. Gundogan, Raphinha, Grealish and Son Heung-Min the others I'd choose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Just get your butler to post what you're shouting at the screen in between serving drinks. Easy!

323ef35b3e3bfaa676c25b348581b363.jpg

Hopefully the reports about Grealish still being out are true. I hate the cheating but he'd be in my top five players this season and an enormous boost if he's missing hence Smith's unhappiness with the dressing-room leaks.

It's also tough to admit but I think Fernandes has been the standout player of 2020/21. Gundogan, Raphinha, Grealish and Son Heung-Min the others I'd choose.

If we dont have Phillips and Grealish starts we are in for a rough day

Unfortunately has the sort of face that people would never get tired slapping.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭Helium

Bielsa Cam :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Helium wrote: »

Thoroughly enjoy the pacing around in circles, something I normally reserve for taking a long phone call at home.

I'm sure he hates having a camera on him but it's a joy to watch. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,024 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Now that we are staying up, a lot of the pressure is gone. Also confidence is way up even when things are going bad. We should do ok against Villa.

Now that we are staying up, a lot of the pressure is gone. Also confidence is way up even when things are going bad. We should do ok against Villa.

I'm probably the most pessimistic one here and I think we have passed the point of safety. Can't help but keep looking at the table, even though nothing has changed since the last time

We got relegated last time on 33 points. 39 was 4th place. I think I’ll wait for another few points......15 should do it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Jimmy Two Times

Helium wrote: »

That's quality. Pity we don't have a Victor Cam. Now that would be worth watching.

His reaction on the Documentary to Klich's penalty against Stoke is sensational.

• Advertisement

That's quality. Pity we don't have a Victor Cam. Now that would be worth watching.

Fairly sure when the ref was going over to look at the pitchside monitor for the peno it was Victor you could hear screaming at him

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement