Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

It looks like it could be down to Leeds to stop Man City posting the record of defeating every team in the division at least once. 5 games to go, and we're number 5.......Judging by their tracks last night down their right leading to at least 2 of the goals, we need to find a solution to left back before that game. Mahrez would tear Alioski a new one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,046 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

whiterebel wrote: »
    It looks like it could be down to Leeds to stop Man City posting the record of defeating every team in the division at least once. 5 games to go, and we're number 5.......Judging by their tracks last night down their right leading to at least 2 of the goals, we need to find a solution to left back before that game. Mahrez would tear Alioski a new one.

Look on the bright side, at least we are not in Newcastle's position and have a 4 game cushion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,986 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Apparently Kalvin and Rodrigo are options for tomorrow's u-23 match. Great news if true and subs bench on Mon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I see j-K Agustin is suffering from long COVID.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,076 ✭✭✭✭event

is_that_so wrote: »
    I see j-K Agustin is suffering from long COVID.

Since last January :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭adaminho

Rodrigo and Berardi start for the 23's. Kicking off at 1 on YouTube

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Jimmy Two Times

Rodrigooooooaaaaalllllll

Roberts could learn a thing or two from him about how to keep a shot down.

Edit: 2 - 0 now, Rodrigo penalty

Good to see him score. No Kalvin though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Watched most of the first half earlier. Charlie Allen and Max Dean look like real talents and both only 17. Cody Drameh and Stuart McKinstry impressed too. Think Max Dean thought he had a chance of taking the penalty too with the way he jumped back up looking for the ball - hard to argue with the £30m Spanish international though! Rodrigo looked sharp and good to have him back for Monday.

Watched most of the first half earlier. Charlie Allen and Max Dean look like real talents and both only 17. Cody Drameh and Stuart McKinstry impressed too. Think Max Dean thought he had a chance of taking the penalty too with the way he jumped back up looking for the ball - hard to argue with the £30m Spanish international though! Rodrigo looked sharp and good to have him back for Monday.
    U23s about 3 wins from promotion - 5 games to go. Be nice to compete with the big boys!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,615 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Seven points from the next seven? Please no. I'm hoping for 12-14. We're playing more favoured teams who won't park the bus and we've nothing to lose. Struijk is improving, Llorente is back and hopefully the others are on the way. We may have our entire first eleven sometime next month.

We'll get a couple of bad beatings for sure but one or more of the fancied teams above will get a surprise.

Leeds should be looking to take points, if not beat, any teams that open up and attack us

Fulham beating Liverpool. Feels like a Leeds defeat. Looking down the table again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,622 ✭✭✭newhouse87

down to 9, cant see Newcastle and few others going on great run, could narrow bit more yet with our upcoming games but we have winnable games after the next few.

Fulham beating Liverpool. Feels like a Leeds defeat. Looking down the table again.

Fulham might stay up but so will we. There isn't a chance in hell Fulham, Newcastle, Brighton, Burnley and Southampton ALL catch us

There really isn't a hope in hell of us going down. I'd even wager that we'll be closer to the top four than bottom three.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

I was worried when I seen that KP wasnt in the squad for U23's and Rodrigo was, but seen on twitter that he travelled with the full squad so here is hoping. Reckon Rodrigo makes his way back into the squad already or he will be on the bench??

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Jimmy Two Times

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    I was worried when I seen that KP wasnt in the squad for U23's and Rodrigo was, but seen on twitter that he travelled with the full squad so here is hoping. Reckon Rodrigo makes his way back into the squad already or he will be on the bench??

Rodrigo looked sharp with the 23s on Friday. Wouldn't surprise me if he keeps Roberts in the team and leaves him on the bench.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I'm not confident looking at the next 6/7 fixtures. Chelsea, Fulham, City, Pool, Man U, Spurs. Hopeful against Sheff U, Brighton, Soton, WBA, Burnley. I would worry that the heads may drop if we get a bad run, leaving us looking to get points from the last 3/4 games.

• Advertisement

Ah Sheffield and WBA is 6 points or should be. They are both atrocious.

Not sure where the negativity comes from lads, we'll be good. Even though I cant see any points from next 2 games

I think Sheff U are playing better than their results indicate. They just can’t score.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

I'm not so sure about West Ham. I think they have been punching above their weight in the past few months. They have a great manager and they have threats that we are more exposed to than other teams, but I think their league position is a bit flattering tbh. If we can keep our discipline and avoid conceding too many set pieces, I think in general play we're better than they are. I'm hoping we can get something from this game.

event wrote: »
    Ah Sheffield and WBA is 6 points or should be. They are both atrocious.

Not sure where the negativity comes from lads, we'll be good. Even though I cant see any points from next 2 games

I fancy us tonight. Strong squad travelled from reports on Leeds Live. No Struijk but Phillips and Rodrigo back if their reporting is accurate. Berardi also there to bash a few heads.

Illan Meslier, Luke Ayling, Liam Cooper, Ian Poveda, Patrick Bamford, Ezgjan Alioski, Tyler Roberts, Kiko Casilla, Diego Llorente, Stuart Dallas, Helder Costa, Raphinha, Pablo Hernandez, Rodrigo, Jack Harrison, Kalvin Phillips, Leif Davis, Gaetano Berardi, Mateusz Klich, Jack Jenkins.

The Hammers have been very impressive but have had some bad losses and if we can do it away to Everton, Villa & Leicester then we can also do it in Stratford this evening. They play open football against us tonight and I think we'll win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Hijpo

I fancy us tonight. Strong squad travelled from reports on Leeds Live. No Struijk but Phillips and Rodrigo back if their reporting is accurate. Berardi also there to bash a few heads.

Illan Meslier, Luke Ayling, Liam Cooper, Ian Poveda, Patrick Bamford, Ezgjan Alioski, Tyler Roberts, Kiko Casilla, Diego Llorente, Stuart Dallas, Helder Costa, Raphinha, Pablo Hernandez, Rodrigo, Jack Harrison, Kalvin Phillips, Leif Davis, Gaetano Berardi, Mateusz Klich, Jack Jenkins.

The Hammers have been very impressive but have had some bad losses and if we can do it away to Everton, Villa & Leicester then we can also do it in Stratford this evening. They play open football against us tonight and I think we'll win.

I think the threat is Lingard, loves to run at lads.

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    I'm not so sure about West Ham. I think they have been punching above their weight in the past few months. They have a great manager and they have threats that we are more exposed to than other teams, but I think their league position is a bit flattering tbh. If we can keep our discipline and avoid conceding too many set pieces, I think in general play we're better than they are. I'm hoping we can get something from this game.

West ham just do their jobs simple and well. Without Phillips I fear for the midfield. Rice and Soucek are very good. Plus they are a strong powerful team, will be a threat at set pieces. And they have incentive for europe this year so will be motivated

• Advertisement

Hijpo wrote: »
    I think the threat is Lingard, loves to run at lads.

Berardi on him for 10mins will sort that! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Jack Jenkins ... who he?

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    Jack Jenkins ... who he?
    U23 midfielder, 19, a number 8 and possible backup to Kalvin position.

Leeds are sort of like Ajax in the Champions League a few years back. Suits better to play top teams away, because like Ajax, Leeds will attack the same both home and away. When away, the home team will come out of their shell more

If Leed's were at home, West Ham would be parking the bus. Should be a bit more open tonight. But will still need to be clinical either way. Wouldn't surprise me if they shut up shop at home though either. They have an English manager at the end of the day

Leeds are sort of like Ajax in the Champions League a few years back. Suits better to play top teams away, because like Ajax, Leeds will attack the same both home and away. When away, the home team will come out of their shell more

If Leed's were at home, West Ham would be parking the bus. Should be a bit more open tonight. But will still need to be clinical either way. Wouldn't surprise me if they shut up shop at home though either. They have an English manager at the end of the day
    He's Scottish!

The lineup - Kalvin is the one change

https://twitter.com/LUFC/status/1368999965700276230

• Advertisement

is_that_so wrote: »
    He's Scottish!

The lineup - Kalvin is the one change

https://twitter.com/LUFC/status/1368999965700276230

Berardi scores we're on the pitch!

Sorry meant British. Predictive text on phone changed it

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,025 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Jesus that’s so frustrating - brainless tackle. Unlucky Meslier

FFS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,541 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Jesus that’s so frustrating - brainless tackle. Unlucky Meslier

Had a feeling he would miss. Just a pity about the rebound

Ayling idiocy. We need brains on the pitch.

Bad position for a free.....Ayling did something useful.

Christ. That was so soft.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,343 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Another fcuking corner :(

Who are you playing? Leeds!, Piece of pi**.

• Advertisement

I F**king hate London!

adaminho wrote: »
    I F**king hate London!

Don't blame London, It's Leeds.

Meslier has to put himself about more. Antonio didn’t have to do much to stop him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

whiterebel wrote: »
    Meslier has to put himself about more. Antonio didn’t have to do much to stop him.

Llorentes error

Being out muscled in the middle and their pace up top is worrying. We had a spell at the startand did nothing.

I like Llorente but christ he never stops moaning at the ref. He'll talk himself in to the book soon

Every set piece we are in trouble. We need to look at how Fulham defend. LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

Grim.

Llorentes error

If the opposition get a header in the 6 yard box from a corner, the keeper has to take some of the blame. Same mistakes as last time we played them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

In Bielsa we trust, but seriously, Costa and Roberts! What's the point???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

In Bielsa we trust, but seriously, Costa and Roberts! What's the point???

I disagree. Bielsa should be sacked imho.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement