Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,023 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

That was one hard earned and valuable point. And it takes the psychological pressure off for the Fulham game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

whiterebel wrote: »
    Different teams, different systems. He certainly doesn’t look a 9 in that Leeds side. I wouldn’t be replacing Bamford with him anyway. Can be Far more effective playing in behind.

Yeah agreed on him not looking suited, he doesnt look a natural scorer.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Roberts played quite well. Costa seemed to e enjoy running at Chilwell. Unexpected point there. Alioski did very well. Pitch didn’t seem to affect the players as much. I thought Chelsea would set up to attack us more, TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

If this was a 3pm or later kick off I'd write this off as an away win.

As the son of a Chelsea supporting dad who has told me for years Chelsea don't turn up for morning games I'm going for a draw.

Called it

​Llorente and Struijk were immense today. Cooper needs to play hard for his place after that.
    I felt much more confident with those two in place.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

​Llorente and Struijk were immense today. Cooper needs to play hard for his place after that.
    I felt much more confident with those two in place.

Games like that really prove that Struijk is a natural centre half and really shouldn't be the one to fill in for Kalvinwhen he's out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Zaph wrote: »
    Games like that really prove that Struijk is a natural centre half and really shouldn't be the one to fill in for Kalvinwhen he's out.

Llorente in for Kalvin. Struijk and Koch behind him?

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Llorente in for Kalvin. Struijk and Koch behind him?

I think that's a better plan. From what I've read previously, Llorente has played in that position before, and I think he's generally more comfortable on the ball than Struijk anyway. What's asked of that role is very different to playing as centre half and I'd say that there are probably very few centre halfs that could step into it and be comfortable, so I don't think Struijk would be the only one to struggle there.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

A draw was a good result against Chelsea. Hopefully putting a point on the table helps to alleviate the one or two people who think we are in relegation danger.

Fulham up next on Friday will be interesting. They will feel they can trouble us. Maja is a good young striker too so we'll have to keep tight on him.

A draw was a good result against Chelsea. Hopefully putting a point on the table helps to alleviate the one or two people who think we are in relegation danger.

Fulham up next on Friday will be interesting. They will feel they can trouble us. Maja is a good young striker too so we'll have to keep tight on him.

Fighting for their lives, and now very organised. A point may actually be a good result but you'd hope we have too much for them. More incisiveness required.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭newhouse87

didnt get to see the game but delighted with that result.

Thomas Tuchel blaming the pitch. LOL

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Thomas Tuchel blaming the pitch. LOL

Saw that. What a div. That’s the best its played since it was laid, very little slipping on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

That was possibly our strongest match day squad. Good to see so much choice from the bench. Cooper may struggle to get his place back. I think Koch due to play with u23's on Monday so could well start on Friday

Nice to see Sheffield United managerial changes reaping immediate rewards.

Who do people think will join WBA and SU? We beat Fulham on Friday and it's probably them. Otherwise Newcastle are the only other team I see in any real danger.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

Every year, the form book gets turned on it's head, with all sorts of unlikely resilts

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Jimmy Two Times

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Nice to see Sheffield United managerial changes reaping immediate rewards.

Who do people think will join WBA and SU? We beat Fulham on Friday and it's probably them. Otherwise Newcastle are the only other team I see in any real danger.

I think it will be Newcastle.

Regardless of our result against Fulham, I think they will catch Newcastle. They play on the last day too.

Very pleased with the result on Saturday. Hopefully this puts the Struijk as a midfield player experiment to bed for once and for all.

I know I'm really tempting fate here but we have been very solid towards the end of games when there is something at stake.( Saturday,Burnley,Everton away,Newcastle Home and Away,City and Arsenal at home ) Other than the Liverpool game I can't remember a goal in the last 10 - 15 minutes that has cost us points.

I just know I'm going to regret saying that :-)

Fulham play Newcastle on last day of the season. Could be a cracker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Leeds U23s need 2 wins from 4 games to guarantee promotion.

• Advertisement

England squad announced tomorrow.

Likely that Bamford will be in there and talk of Ayling as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Hope they get in, they'd be chuffed. Do think bamford certainly deserves it anyway, wouldn't be any question marks over it

✅ Bamford (hip)
    ❓Rodrigo (muscle)
    ❌ Cooper (ill)
    ❌ Davis (minor problem)

Bielsa said injuries/illnesses have stopped Rodrigo getting into his flow this season. "But for me he's a great striker. When he finds his best form he's a very dangerous forward and very useful."

Thats probably fair regarding Rodrigo

Phillips in the England squad, no call-ups for either Bamford or Ayling. Ollie Watkins in ahead of Bamford.

Phillips in the England squad, no call-ups for either Bamford or Ayling. Ollie Watkins in ahead of Bamford.

More rest for him and Ayling so good for us. Less good for them but still time for the duo to make the Euros. I don't believe that either Watkins is better than Baford and Paddy has been veery unlucky with goals ruled out also. If he gets above 20 for the season it's hard to omit him from the squad.

• Advertisement

Seen Aston villa twitter go mental at the thought of ayling and bamford going in, tbh i agreed re ayling.

newhouse87 wrote: »
    Seen Aston villa twitter go mental at the thought of ayling and bamford going in, tbh i agreed re ayling.

That lot would go mental if you told them the sky was blue. They appear to have a tenuous grasp on reality at the best of times. :D

Personally I would have been surprised if Ayling was called up, but I would have been absolutely delighted for him. But I feel Bamford has been hard done by. On his own I feel he offers more than Watkins, who tends to look a bit lost if Grealish isn't playing.

newhouse87 wrote: »

They really do have it in for us for no great reason. Hopefully we can wind them up a little more by scraping ahead of them.

Yeah Ayling would have been a mad one.

But no Bamford, thats stupid tbh. Delighted as means he gets a rest but disappointed for him. Hopefully he is fired up now for Friday

That lot would go mental if you told them the sky was blue. They appear to have a tenuous grasp on reality at the best of times. :D

Personally I would have been surprised if Ayling was called up, but I would have been absolutely delighted for him. But I feel Bamford has been hard done by. On his own I feel he offers more than Watkins, who tends to look a bit lost if Grealish isn't playing.

I agree. Stats back that up, 13 goals and 5 assists as opposed to 10 and 3. Add in the two absurdly ruled out offside goals and he'd only have Kane ahead of him in terms of English goalscorers.

• Advertisement

Yeah bamfords work rate could have offered something no doubt, i have been disappointed in Watkins this season tbh, thought he would have done better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

I don’t think it’s that big of decision to have Watkins over Bamford, I think Bamford deserves a call up to be sure but Watkins is a fine player, hopefully Bamford will get a few caps in the future, he will deserve it if he continues the way he has played this season
    He probably needs some more time to shake off the stigma of missing too many chances and all that and if we improve next year, his profile will also benefit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Anytime Southgate has been n the stadium, Bamford seemingly performs poorly. Topped it off that he was there on Saturday when he went off injured.

Unchanged team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭adaminho

event wrote: »
    Unchanged team

Koch and Geldhart on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Rodrigo injured again, really feel for him. Think he could be a great addition when fully fit.

Gonna be offside

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

How many times this season, pox on VAR

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    How many times this season, pox on VAR

It's a complete blight on the game, too many goals being chalked off because of an inch or two that no ref or linesman would ever be able to detect themselves.

Var is a f¥ckin joke, seriously.

• Advertisement

Bamford is fecked. International break will do him good

Even more annoying than VAR is the late offside flag this season. If a player is definitely offside just flag it rather than waiting for the ball to go dead. It's totally ridiculous.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

That’s a savage finish first time. Good to see Bamford back on the scoresheet again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

VAR that!!!

event wrote: »
    Bamford is fecked. International break will do him good

Say that again please. We need a second.

Great goal. Alioski is a liability in defence. Close him down quickly and he panics.

Still love how quick that goal came about

whiterebel wrote: »
    Great goal. Alioski is a liability in defence. Close him down quickly and he panics.

And he stupidly gave away the first corner

Ailing needed to be stronger

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Shambles

• Advertisement

All over the place here. Meslier keeping us in it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement