Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Vydra is in Leeds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Spotted by a fan and asked if it was him "Yes" and if he's signed for Leeds "Not yet" :eek::eek::eek::):D:D:D

https://twitter.com/tkmaxx01/status/1022481492994404352

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,541 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Good moves ahead if they come true. Can see a 3-5-2 being the standard formation tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Yeah, Douglas and Ayling as attacking wing backs bombing up and down, sounds exciting. Let's hope Vydra is worth the chase! I'd like to see a strong centre back signed next please! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Mad game at Guisley...

Worth posting this just for the last few seconds with Blackman alongside Gianni.

https://twitter.com/LUFC/status/1022817824958541824

twi.png?itok=DRycyMr4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Barry Douglas Signs :D:D:D:D

Hopefully the start of some big signings.

Rumours that Vydra deal off and Bamford now close to signing.

Apart from his performance against Leeds, his scoring stats are not that impressive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭championc

Didn't Wood have a similar poor ratio when he came ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Roofe has just scored v L.Palmas. 86 mins. 1-0.

Certainly Bamford would seem like more of a risk when compared to Vydra although by all accounts he was starting to show decent form when played as a lone striker for Boro. Vydra sounds like he did himself out of the move so if the change in wage demands are true then I think we made the right move in calling off the deal.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,025 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Things starting to happen now finally, Jack Harrison joining from Man City on a loan, having a medical today.

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    Certainly Bamford would seem like more of a risk when compared to Vydra although by all accounts he was starting to show decent form when played as a lone striker for Boro. Vydra sounds like he did himself out of the move so if the change in wage demands are true then I think we made the right move in calling off the deal.

Hopefully they're just trying to remind Vydra that they have options and force him to rein in his demands.

Would prefer to see them move for someone like Tammy Abraham on loan if Vydra's demands are too much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pb2Gyv_HZUg

Jack Harrison highlights from MLS season. Looks quality.

Meh, those YouTube videos always make players look good. He only made 4 appearances for Boro last season so that's not exactly encouraging. Hopefully there's better to come from him but not the most exciting signing imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

Here's an odd one

Vieira potentially off to Sampdoria for 7 million

It true, hope there are sell-on and buy-back clauses included

Here's an odd one

Vieira potentially off to Sampdoria for 7 million

It true, hope there are sell-on and buy-back clauses included

Yeah apparently very strong interest from Sampdoria. Phil says he's gone down the pecking order lately but he's still a very young player.

Sky saying it's a done deal and he's off for a medical. £6.2m total (€7m) with £5.8m upfront. Can't see a Serie A team letting a Championship team have buy-back clauses or the like. Pity as I really like him but have to trust that Bielsa wouldn't need him. Fee looks small but compared to Douglas for £3m and Bamford for £6.5m it's not too bad.

Sacko linked with a loan to UD Las Palmas too. Different reports of loan or €2m permanent deal. Best thing for him I think anyway. Hasn't improved enough and was given time and opportunity.

Bamford confirmed

Oh help - I'm starting to feel optimistic.

Happy with that. No sign or even a rumour of a centre half being linked is there? It looks like MB is going to push at least one of our fullbacks in as part of a 3 in the middle at the back (Pearce and Berardi have both been tried there during pre season). As things stand we have 2 recognised centre halfs in Pontus and Cooper. We have Shaughnessy as backup but he seems more suited to a midfield role. What do you guys think of that, happy? I was really hoping a strong centre half would have been a priority signing over the summer.

• Advertisement

Wouldn't say no to another CB to replace Cooper (loads of effort and clearly loves playing for us, but not good enough), a defensive midfielder/replacement for Vieira, and another decent striker or number 10, as there was a lot of talk that Vydra was going to be the number 10 in Bielsa's system before that fell through. Saiz just doesn't seem to want to be here, and while I love Pablo, he's getting on a bit.

Must be a few more citeh/spurs loanees that could tick those boxes ;)

I guess the good news with Bamford rather than Vydra ia, as he switched allegiance from Ireland to England (and in fairness to him, he was born there), he won't be troubled by international call ups.

I really like Shaughnessy and think he'd be exactly what Bielsa wants in a CB. Surprised at how little he's been mentioned when people talk about our centre backs. Tall, not slow and confident on the ball. We do need a 4th option though. Denayer from City rumoured today but would be expensive. Kalas from Chelsea too on loan. Phillips looks first choice for the midfielder/CB role with Klich and Forshaw tried there too in preseason.

Doesn't sound like Bamford for England is set in stone....https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/international-soccer/inform-patrick-bamford-ready-to-answer-ireland-call-36703005.html

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Dub Ste

championc wrote: »
    Ah here, we'll have none of that !!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Dub Ste

championc wrote: »
    Ah here, we'll have none of that !!!!!

He played for Ireland and switched allegiance.

As he is entitled to do, good luck to him.

But don't think we should go back to him just because he is not good enough to feature for the team he'd rather play for.

Sir Phil says we're interested in another season-long loan for Matthew Pennington...not exactly the type of defensive reinforcement I had in mind!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Ins/Outs so far:

Players in: Lewis Baker (Chelsea, loan), Jamal Blackman (Chelsea, loan), Barry Douglas (Wolves, undisclosed), Jack Harrison (Manchester City, loan), Patrick Bamford (Middlesbrough, undisclosed)

Players out: Madger Gomes (Sochaux, undisclosed), Felix Wiedwald (Eintracht Frankfurt, undisclosed), Marcus Antonsson (Malmo, undisclosed), Andy Lonergan (released), Mallik Wilks (Doncaster, loan), Paudie O'Connor (Blackpool, loan), Tyler Denton (Peterborough, loan), Jay-Roy Grot (VVV Venlo, loan), Pawel Cibicki (Molde, loan), Lewie Coyle (Fleetwood, loan), Luke Murphy (Bolton, free), Ronaldo Vieira (Sampdoria, undisclosed), Hadi Sacko (Las Palmas, loan)

Lonergan gone to Boro.

• Advertisement

SS Football hav a docu on Leeds on now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

Sir Phil says we're interested in another season-long loan for Matthew Pennington...not exactly the type of defensive reinforcement I had in mind!

I'd be happy getting just to have another defender, but the Ronaldo money is more then what was paid for Bamford. That means we should still have the 12 - 13 mill we were willing to spend on Vydra. Would surely get a solid CB for half that.

Miss #LeadingLeedsUnited last night? The #LUFC documentary will be repeated on Sky Sports Football at 11am and is available on demand https://t.co/uSI0zHxncK

Day 1 now...optimism slipping already!

Itching for team news....I feel ill!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Just found out the dubs are playing today along with the charity shield. I doubt anywhere will be showing the game

• Advertisement

Q_Ball wrote: »
    Just found out the dubs are playing today along with the charity shield. I doubt anywhere will be showing the game

I'd be more worried bout the hockey. Dublin game is a dead rubber on a news channel, a pub will put it on at least one t.v. for ya (assuming they've multiple)

Mushy wrote: »
    I'd be more worried bout the hockey. Dublin game is a dead rubber on a news channel, a pub will put it on at least one t.v. for ya (assuming they've multiple)

You're right. Just been down one of the locals, they won't show it. On the way to the other but that's likely to be the same. Got stopped by another Leeds supporter who suggested asking for it to be out on a specific so fingers crossed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Well the first 5 mins were positive!!

You're right. Just been down one of the locals, they won't show it. On the way to the other but that's likely to be the same. Got stopped by another Leeds supporter who suggested asking for it to be out on a specific so fingers crossed

Hopefully you at least get second half. Have had to miss first half myself.

2-0, turned on for last few seconds before HT.

Mushy wrote: »
    Hopefully you at least get second half. Have had to miss first half myself.

2-0, turned on for last few seconds before HT.

Had to wait till the end of the charity shield but it's on. There's a bit of spark about the team from what I've seen. Missed the first goal, second should have been saved but will take it!

It's been a while since I've been at or watched a game, don't remember that about of rubbish behind the opposition goal though

• Advertisement

Had to wait till the end of the charity shield but it's on. There's a bit of spark about the team from what I've seen. Missed the first goal, second should have been saved but will take it!

It's been a while since I've been at or watched a game, don't remember that about of rubbish behind the opposition goal though

Play for the second deserved a goal really.

Highlights look good, sky bigging them up

That was nice. Dominated, looked comfortable, some nice play.

Bit too much optimism from my pov.

Was not expecting that!

Even more impressive considering Douglas was the only new addition to the starting 11.

Still look dodgy at the back...but it's early days, Pontus to come back in, and three points against the bookies favourites.

The post match interview was comedy gold, Bielsa and the interpreter whispering into each others ears. Sky claiming its his first ever post match interview in over 20 years in football.

The post match interview was comedy gold, Bielsa and the interpreter whispering into each others ears. Sky claiming its his first ever post match interview in over 20 years in football.

I'd say they won't interview him in the multiple matches coming up. Ridiculous altogether!

We're going up, right?????

Certainly a positive result! Another result against Derby next Saturday and I'll be quite optimistic.

Hopefully we can add another signing or two before deadline closes too to bolster the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

We're going up, right?????

AFC mate.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

I'd love to see Leeds back up being led by Bielsa-there are far too many 'meh' games in the Premier league.

sabat wrote: »
    I'd love to see Leeds back up being led by Bielsa-there are far too many 'meh' games in the Premier league.

It's a meh division. For all the Sky tv hype...who cares about Brighton, Bournemouth and Huddersfield?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement