Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,541 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

On mobile so can't embed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Ryan Edmondson has signed for a further 3 yrs.

Unsure so far, think I like it for the most part

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yeah that's a bit.... different :pac:

I like it

DkJ_T32XsAAD_Jc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Mushy wrote: »
    Unsure so far, think I like it for the most part

different but i like .....

It was acceptable...in the 80s...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

It was acceptable...in the 80s...

+1 Now if they could go back to some of the tops from the 70s we might be talking! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Shlippery

I think I like it, but it's getting quite the polarising reception!

Good start this evening. Should be 2-0 up though.

• Advertisement

1-1 now after 12 mins.

Unreal ball, great header

Goal Roofe. 21 mins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Great game and to be fair an excellent performance from Leeds so far. Saiz is pretty much doing whatever he wants.
    Keeper should of saved free kick but the call did move all over the place, can give him a mulligan for that one

If you look closely, there is a patch of skin on Bradley Johnson's knee that has no tattoo on it. He'll have to get it done.

Roofe again:D:D:D on 60 mins.1-3 up now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,025 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Bamford could find it hard to get his place if Roofe keeps this up! 1-3 what a goal

Alioski in on the act! A hammering

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Terrific display, I can't believe the scoreline..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Is this really our team??? Amazing change.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

A truly dominating performance. Very impressive. Optimism is building.....

• Advertisement

My favourite moment.

Nothing on the pitch. Just 1 goal in it, camera pans to Bielsa finishing his drink and staring at the bottom of his cup.

The confidence of knowing his game plan, knowing the players will execute, no need to rush up and down the sideline screaming, playing every ball. It's been done on the training ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,046 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Great win for us and we look strong.
    The only criticism is the two totally unnecessary bookings with the game nearly over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭championc

If anyone ever doubted the influence of a manager / coach, doubt no more. To think that this is still the same team which Higginbotham presided over and the same team that hadn't won away once since Boxing Day last year.

One of our greatest frustrations last season was the fact that the majority of us felt that the team should have been doing better than they did. Clearly now the ability was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Hard to believe this is more or less the same bunch of lads we had last season alright, Bielsa certainly has transformed them, let's hope it can continue throughout this marathon season. After last seasons start I won't be getting too excited just yet as I'm sure there will be a dip in form at some point and then we will see how the handle it. However there can be no denying this is the best I have seen a Leeds team perform in a long long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

10 games in should give us a good perspective on where things are at, long season ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Trend Setter in Training

10 games in should give us a good perspective on where things are at, long season ahead

I know you right, but.... f**k it, we are going to win the league!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

It's nice to be excited to watch Leeds again, gonna book a few trips over for Bristol and Norwich and try to break the OH's Elland Road win duck :pac:

DHgate have the new kits up, I'll report back....

Bought flights for Brum game (22 Sep) over the weekend - in via East Midlands, home via Leeds. Train from Derby to Leeds only £13.

The most encouraging aspect of the win over Derby was the fact that Derby knew how we would play - but couldn't cope with us

championc wrote: »
    Bought flights for Brum game (22 Sep) over the weekend - in via East Midlands, home via Leeds. Train from Derby to Leeds only £13.

Really want to go over again, but don't trust Ryanair at the moment so too afraid to book!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

Bamford off the mark!

I think we have to contain any excitement until after christmas at least..even if things are going swimmingly.
    :D

Mushy wrote:
    Really want to go over again, but don't trust Ryanair at the moment so too afraid to book!

When they cancel Irish flights, they only cancel ones on higher frequency routes, and the strikes will always be midweek too.

Adam Pope of BBC Radio Leeds on Off The Ball.

The bit about Bielsa making Leeds players collect litter for 3 hours to appreciate what it takes for the average person to earn the price of a ticket, if true, is truly wonderful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭Wingman2010

His all,

I’m thinking of going over to the game against Birmingham on the 29th of September.

There is a flight back to Dublin at 7:30. For anyone who does day trips would I make this flight? I wasn’t over in two years but I think I should be able to make this flight if I got a taxi straight to the airport. Any advice here would be much appreciated.

His all,

I’m thinking of going over to the game against Birmingham on the 29th of September.

There is a flight back to Dublin at 7:30. For anyone who does day trips would I make this flight? I wasn’t over in two years but I think I should be able to make this flight if I got a taxi straight to the airport. Any advice here would be much appreciated.

Yeah you definitely will with taxi barring outrageous traffic (as in, completely unforseen, not due to the match).

Last time I walked into city and got bus there. Made it grand, wasn't much breathing room now but taxi is guaranteed. Bumped into friends who got taxi and were there comfortable time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭Wingman2010

Thanks, I can’t wait for it now!

I’m sure we are getting big crowds over to the games now. Though saying that we always brought over a big crowd as there is a huge Leeds following in Ireland.

Full time will be around 17:00. You can walk back from the stadium into the city centre in 30 mins. The 757 bus is every half hour, at about 18:00 from memory and will take 30 mins to reach the airport.

With Leeds Bradford being such a small airport, you'd still make the flight if you got the later bus.

I found this fantastic comment yesterday

One thing from last night. Our 2nd team looks better than any 1st team we've had in years. Yet our current 1st is what we had last year & our 2nd is better than last season's 1st team but this season our 1st is better than our 2nd who last season would have beaten our 1st. #lufc

• Advertisement

championc wrote: »
    I found this fantastic comment yesterday

One thing from last night. Our 2nd team looks better than any 1st team we've had in years. Yet our current 1st is what we had last year & our 2nd is better than last season's 1st team but this season our 1st is better than our 2nd who last season would have beaten our 1st. #lufc

Statement like that is almost justifying all the managers we went through :pac:..Poor Cellino was only a couple of managers away from finding the winner!

Still amazing to see, even if it is early days.

Swansea, Norwich and Boro all before the end of the month, 2 away trips.

That'll test the new regime.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Swansea, Norwich and Boro all before the end of the month, 2 away trips.

That'll test the new regime.

One thing about following this club , take one game at a time...yes it has been a great start but Rotherham is as far as im looking at the moment :pac:

Nice to be able to watch the game live! Rotherham no pushover, just hit post from 25 yards

Controversial goal. Ill take the goal and still be playing 11 men. Should have been buried really anyway.

This will probably draw Rotherham out and they'll be exposed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Kalyke

Nice to be able to watch the game live! Rotherham no pushover, just hit post from 25 yards

Channel?

• Advertisement

Kalyke wrote: »

Channel?

Certain sources through YouTube. Been taken down now though. Will keep an eye for other matches though

Just returns but from the start...feck that

First manager to win 4 in a row! Could have been very different had Rotherham got a bit of luck in first half but dominated possession and were patient. Happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

Only a fiver to watch on the Leeds website. VPN is needed though.

Last year there was a lot of issues with it crashing but worked perfectly today.

Mushy wrote:
    First manager to win 4 in a row!

The actual stat is first manager to win his first four games in a row AS NEW MANAGER

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭tfer

Another win, it's getting boring now :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement