Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,615 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

When's it all going to crash and burn in spectacular fashion?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

When we miss qualification for the Champions League and need to sell Saiz to pay off loans. Off to league 1 we go again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

FYI there's a Facebook group called "All Leeds Aren't We" where the owner usually has the LUTV stream ;)

We rode our luck a little in the first half and better teams would have punished us, but they stuck at it. The build up play from the back for the second goal was lovely

https://twitter.com/Aleks_LUFC/status/1030849385586941954

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,541 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

FYI there's a Facebook group called "All Leeds Aren't We" where the owner usually has the LUTV stream ;)

We rode our luck a little in the first half and better teams would have punished us, but they stuck at it. The build up play from the back for the second goal was lovely

Yeah BreatheLeeds.com is where I got it yesterday. Thought was just audio tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭championc

You cannot but feel positive about Tuesday night. Swansea appear to be struggling somewhat for goals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,046 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Good win but our defence let us down a bit yesterday in the first half. Cooper needs to be more careful with his back passes. I'm sure he got a rolliking from the gaffer for his mistake. Against better sides we would have been a goal down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭Wingman2010

Does anyone meet up in Dublin to watch any of the games that are on sky, some where like the Woolshed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭iseegirls

championc wrote: »
    You cannot but feel positive about Tuesday night. Swansea appear to be struggling somewhat for goals

I feel like we always do terribly away to Welsh teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Does anyone meet up in Dublin to watch any of the games that are on sky, some where like the Woolshed?

Seems like Buskers would be best bet for a place to get Leeds fans based on this: https://www.facebook.com/LUFCIRISHWHITES/

Haven't been myself but started following 2 groups on Facebook to see if any crowds are going to watch games regularly. Think Murrays used to host a Leeds supporters group but seems that's long gone.

Ideguchi and De Bock gone out on loan today, Ideguchi with option to buy. Only O'Kane and Ekuban left of the unwanted players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 259 ✭✭tdonegan1990

Cooper injured in warm up, Shackleton to start in his place.

Wonder what Jansson has done to Bielsa

1-0 swansea.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,025 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Phillips off after 27mins, don’t think there was an injury.

Swansea almost walked that first goal into the net. Not impressed with Leeds so far. Too many mistakes.
    Also 3 bookings so far.
    1:1 now. Getting better.

1-1 ROOFE!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

2-1 Swansea. We've been poor tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Get In !!!! Hernandez. 2-2

Great play by Bamford

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,025 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Didn’t play well but still came away with a point has to be taken as a positive. Massive stuff from BPF at the end with the save.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

That's a good point in fairness, good character from the lads to come from behind twice.

Will take that. Didn't play well, but took chances. Some positives in there, Shackleton was very good I thought.

10 points from that first 4, would have taken that gladly a month ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Glad we got the point.

Wasn’t sure what to make of Harrison, seemed to be trying to hard when h came on.

quarryman wrote: »
    Glad we got the point.

Wasn’t sure what to make of Harrison, seemed to be trying to hard when h came on.

Good option to have. If only he shot first time!

Jaysus what a match

My love for Pablo grows stronger!

A point in the circumstances with a makeshift defence is a great result

We're top of the table lads and lasses

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

Was waiting for a game like this. Didn't go according to plan, yet fought hard, got the point and go top of the table.

Jaysus what a match

My love for Pablo grows stronger!

A point in the circumstances with a makeshift defence is a great result

We're top of the table lads and lasses

We were top of the table last Christmas but lost nearly every game after that. I hope we are made of stronger stuff this season.

I can't ever recall seeing a tactical change in personnel so early in a match before. Most managers will wait until half time at the earliest.

I do feel that it was the substitutions that ultimately won us the point last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭J Cheever Loophole

Thought Swansea did to us what we have been doing to other teams this season, i.e. put us on the back foot with an energetic approach. The loss of Cooper was a major factor and as someone else asked, what is happening with Jansson!!?! I was sure he would have been the natural replacement.

Shackleton did very well bombing forward and he strikes me as a player that might figure a lot more in Bielsa's plans.

Again, as others have said, Bielsa was not afraid to make significant changes early, which is to be admired.

One last thing, BPF is an excellent young keeper, and made two important saves in the second half, but I'm convinced he is not the best keeper currently at the Club. It'll be interesting to see how that plays out.

Thought Swansea did to us what we have been doing to other teams this season, i.e. put us on the back foot with an energetic approach. The loss of Cooper was a major factor and as someone else asked, what is happening with Jansson!!?! I was sure he would have been the natural replacement.

Shackleton did very well bombing forward and he strikes me as a player that might figure a lot more in Bielsa's plans.

Again, as others have said, Bielsa was not afraid to make significant changes early, which is to be admired.

One last thing, BPF is an excellent young keeper, and made two important saves in the second half, but I'm convinced he is not the best keeper currently at the Club. It'll be interesting to see how that plays out.

I mentioned about Jansson, but they said he has a calf strain.

Losing the only natural CB moments before kick off is not ideal, I think Cooper would have handled Mcburnie physically. To have 3 RBs in a back 4 is strange/worrying. It has worked so far, but wouldn't want to depend on it. Ayling not on the right was a loss, as well as Shackleton played there.

Swansea will be a hard team to beat if they play that way consistently. Fer and Mcburnie were a handful, so a point there is great under the circumstances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

Jansson was out injured for last night's game, hope he's back in for the Norwich game Saturday.

Although if Coops is back fit too, I'd imagine he'll start since it's worked for the 3 he played. I'd say we will see Baker in for Phillips anyway after last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

blaa85 wrote: »
    Jansson was out injured for last night's game, hope he's back in for the Norwich game Saturday.

Although if Coops is back fit too, I'd imagine he'll start since it's worked for the 3 he played. I'd say we will see Baker in for Phillips anyway after last night.

This will be interesting, Phillips has been superb so far but last night couldn't handle the high press and was at fault for the 1st goal , the same could be said for Saiz who was a passenger, to Swansea's credit they knew how we were going to play and they stopped us.

I think Bielsa will stick with Phillips this weekend, but I have to say I love that he had the balls to make the change so early!

Absolutely delighted with the point , we would have lost that game last season.

Part of the issue with Philips last night was he got an early yellow card which limited his play in a vital area. Bielsa made a big call but the right one. Think he'll stick with Philips overall though.

Surprised we dealt with the height of Swansea, was almost funny watching Berardi marking Van der Hoorn at a corner!!

I'm not one to tempt fate, but wonder who will be promoted along with Leeds this season...

I'm not one to tempt fate, but wonder who will be promoted along with Leeds this season...

Wigan????? Two up away to Stoke!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Watching Villa here and it's hard to not feel disappointed they got bailed out financially, Leeds were left to rot !

They obviously haven't learnt their lesson as Yannick bolasie signs .....I hope they lose another playoff final

Watching Villa here and it's hard to not feel disappointed they got bailed out financially, Leeds were left to rot !

They obviously haven't learnt their lesson as Yannick bolasie signs .....I hope they lose another playoff final

Ach, for me, clubs like Villa, Leeds, Derby, Wednesday and Forest simply belong in the top flight.

And clubs like Huddersfield, Bournemouth and Brighton just don't.

Obviously they had far better owners and CEOs, and they deserve to be there on merit...but think by any standard, attendances, stadium, trophies etc they are smaller clubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,615 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Ach, for me, clubs like Villa, Leeds, Derby, Wednesday and Forest simply belong in the top flight.

And clubs like Huddersfield, Bournemouth and Brighton just don't.

Obviously they had far better owners and CEOs, and they deserve to be there on merit...but think by any standard, attendances, stadium, trophies etc they are smaller clubs.

Derby, Forest and Wednesday would be more illustrious footballing institutions than the likes of Huddersfield, Bournemouth and Brighton alright, the latter being lower league outfits really. Having said that, the former wouldn't be "big" clubs either, they had the odd dynasty, but have been subpar for most of their history too. Don't know if they "belong" in the top flight the way actual big clubs like Villa and Leeds do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭bazza1

2-0 up......starting to dream :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

bazza1 wrote: »
    2-0 up......starting to dream :D

0-3 up now:D. 70 mins. Playing very well.

• Advertisement

Sounds like a good performance anyway, great result away

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

We were in complete control through that game. Very impressive. The only worry I have is whether the squad is big enough as the players will definitely tire playing this way. It's looking good so far though!

All seems too good to be true atm...

Looking ahead...who else is bricking it for Millwall away? Might be a bit clichéd, but that'll really tell us what this team is made of...last season nosedived fairly quickly after that game iirc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

The leeds subreddit has highlights of the goals. The Douglas cross to Alioski that set up Klich is an absolute peach

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭J Cheever Loophole

Kingp35 wrote: »
    We were in complete control through that game. Very impressive. The only worry I have is whether the squad is big enough as the players will definitely tire playing this way. It's looking good so far though!

This - 100% this.

Is it Middlesbrough next up? Huge game.

Q_Ball wrote:
    The leeds subreddit has highlights of the goals. The Douglas cross to Alioski that set up Klich is an absolute peach

Q_Ball wrote:

Because of iFollow, pretty much every game is being televised so IPTV will become your best friend !!

championc wrote: »
    Q_Ball wrote:

Q_Ball wrote:

Because of iFollow, pretty much every game is being televised so IPTV will become your best friend !!

If you follow the Less sub-reddit, there's normally a YouTube link for games. It's also on BreatheLeeds.com Facebook page.

Yesterday's game was BeinSports, so quality was good. Only saw last 5 mins myself though.

I wonder how many goals have been either set up by Douglas, or set up by someone who received the ball from Douglas. He seems to be involved in the last few seconds of the build up a lot of times. Great start to his career at Leeds.

I wonder how many goals have been either set up by Douglas, or set up by someone who received the ball from Douglas. He seems to be involved in the last few seconds of the build up a lot of times. Great start to his career at Leeds.

Saw something that no Leeds goal so far has had the same combo of assist and scorer. Was cool.

No stream tonight, only audio is available. Not missing much though

• Advertisement

Mushy wrote: »
    No stream tonight, only audio is available. Not missing much though

Roll on beating Boro on Friday!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement