Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Great result, one less distraction

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I don't think anyone is disappointed in us getting knocked out of the League cup, in fact I'm happy that we did. Less games to play is definitely a plus for our squad.

I know it's very early days but Friday night already feels like a huge game. We will really see where we are at.

Usually I'm all for fighting to stay in every competition, keep momentum going etc.

But if there is a fear that Bielsa's style may lead to burn out, this is one time I'm not too bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Agree with the comments about it being no harm to be out of this competition but I would say that it is further evidence that our squad depth is not great. If we get a run of injuries I would be concerned that we don't have adequate cover. I was surprised Phillips played the full match last night, I would have thought he would get a rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    Agree with the comments about it being no harm to be out of this competition but I would say that it is further evidence that our squad depth is not great. If we get a run of injuries I would be concerned that we don't have adequate cover. I was surprised Phillips played the full match last night, I would have thought he would get a rest.

He got a rest last Tuesday you could say.

It is possibly telling that there isn't enough quality in squad depth, but at the same time I don't see any teams absorbing a load of injuries. If it's less than 3, I think there's enough quality to absorb it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

Until Forshaw is back from injury, I think Bielsa has said there's nobody to replace Phillips directly, but Ayling could do a job

No.1 is Luke Ayling, No. 2 is Luke Ayling.... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Izzy Brown on his way to Leeds. Happy with that!

Good stuff

Phil Hay not expecting any more business after that

Wouldn't mind more experienced cover at CB, but decent transfer window to be fair!

Izzy Brown on his way to Leeds. Happy with that!

Knowing Leeds typical luck he's there as it's close to Huddersfield

Confirmed now, good signing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Trend Setter in Training

Mushy wrote: »
    Confirmed now, good signing

Yeah, he will be good competition for Saiz when he gets fit.

Great to hear the kind of deal that we are not going to pay any of his wages until he starts playing games. Just another point showing how better the club is being managed these days, must be the accountant coming out in me!

Yeah, he will be good competition for Saiz when he gets fit.

Think he can cover striker and winger roles too if need be which could easily happen at some stage. Really looking forward to tonight's game. Another tough test and hopefully another indication that we are the real deal this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Trend Setter in Training

Would have said clearing that amount of deadwood wasn't possible...

I wonder what kind of deals were made for those who went out on loan - the likes of O'Kane going to L1, imagine we are picking up a large portion of wages still.

I hate Ayala with a passion!!!! Prick.

Top at the international break will do...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

We couldn't break them down, they are extremely solid at the back.

Good result tbh, unbeaten so far is a great start. Way more than I could have expected.

Am I wrong in thinking you can't be offside from a goal kick? Summed up the ref for me

Boro have some real ogres in that team. All the same, wouldn't mind one or two of them at Leeds.

Really impressed with BPF tonight! Very commanding performance. You'd forget that he's had less than 20 appearances for the first team!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Good result relatively speaking. Going by how Leeds play the game, you would of expected a close win, but going by how they've played the last 15 years, it's an extremely positive result. This is most certainly not a false dawn, playing another one of the top teams and doing more than holding their own, infact forcing the game on the opposition. Imagine that last year? Would of been mauled

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭J Cheever Loophole

Good result tbh, unbeaten so far is a great start. Way more than I could have expected.

Am I wrong in thinking you can't be offside from a goal kick? Summed up the ref for me

That was my immediate reaction too, but it wasn't a goal kick - it was a free kick, taken from the six yard box.

Have to say, half an hour in, I'd have settled for the draw, as I thought they were a wee bit more threatening, particularly with their height and long throw ins.

Thought we could have made a change or two earlier than we did. I thought Saiz had a surprisingly poor game - a lot of misplaced passes. Keeper was excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

We would have lost that game last year. We actually defended quite well. Especially from their dead ball situations.
    Very impressed with Middlesbrough s defending. Not impressed with how they played going forward. I see a lot of draws for Middlesbrough this season but I doubt they will lose much. They look a team capable of Promotion in the top two.

We also look capable but the Leeds fan in me is always scarred. I might feel better if we smash Millwall. That would be a massive physiological boost because its where it all went wrong last season.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Manager of the month for Bielsa and player of the month for Roofe. Nice to get a bit of recognition.

Bielsa's Babes looking the real deal at U23 level. We've gotta see Jack Clarke given a shot at first team football at some stage this season.

https://twitter.com/WALM0T33/status/1038081400732348416

https://twitter.com/WALM0T33/status/1038082760425000962

Two cracking goals.

Worth showing Bamford's one for Clarke's build-up.

https://twitter.com/WALM0T33/status/1038068555894452224

Finished 5-0 against Bristol City, although Bamford picked up a knee injury that's hopefully not too serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

Bamford is out for 4 months!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

blaa85 wrote: »

Not good news. Hopefully he'll be back early Dec.

blaa85 wrote: »

Ah Jaysus. First set-back of the season. Was only watching the clip where he got injured again this morning and just landed awkwardly after challenging the keeper for a high ball. Walked off the pitch so thought it couldn't be too bad. Roberts and Edmondson as back-up? Maybe Izzy Brown when fit?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Massive shame given it was done in an under 23 match too. Hopefully the young lads can step up and provide a bit of cover for Roofe who has played out of his skin in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

Ah Jaysus. First set-back of the season. Was only watching the clip where he got injured again this morning and just landed awkwardly after challenging the keeper for a high ball. Walked off the pitch so thought it couldn't be too bad. Roberts and Edmondson as back-up? Maybe Izzy Brown when fit?

Maybe Klich could push up and Forshaw come into the middle. Took his goal well last night.

• Advertisement

Feck sake...Pablo, Berardi and Roofe all out injured for Saturday too

Harrison, Pontus and Tyler Roberts to step in? Haven't seen much of the latter...bit thin on the ground up front now, and no idea yet of how long Roofe might be out for

Feck sake...Pablo, Berardi and Roofe all out injured for Saturday too

Harrison, Pontus and Tyler Roberts to step in? Haven't seen much of the latter...bit thin on the ground up front now, and no idea yet of how long Roofe might be out for

Roberts looked good when he came on against Ireland last week. But the way Ireland played that night might have helped.

Looking forward to seeing how we get on. Bielsa has improved Roofe and others so much that you'd have to expect decent performances from those waiting in the wings. Fully expect Jansson to give him a selection headache as he should be bursting to get into the team. Harrison knows he needs to deliver a bit more if he wants to play but has improved each appearance so far. Ty Roberts is the unknown, but a Welsh international that cost £2.5m has to have plenty about him. Bielsa saying he's straight in for Roofe anyway and confident in him. Think Pablo is the biggest loss as he's just a level above everyone else in terms of ability so can't see us hammering them but definitely see a win there. They can't park the bus at home which should suit us.

Ugh the lad who normally does the good streams appear to have stopped. There is one floating but it's poor and struggling to cast it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Very poor 1st half. Can't seem to get any moves flowing. Millwall pressing very well

I'm watching the game on Lutv. They just said that their stream of the game will be available to Ireland and UK on Tuesday night for the first tine, but it will cost 10 pounds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Phew !!!! That was a close call. Last few mins, I don't know how Millwall failed to score. A great point, all told.

Ended up watching on iFollow, the commentators were wishing for millwall to win so much. Pity the sound was cut at the equaliser. Good point all things told

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

That's a great point all things considered

That was horrible

But a great f*cking point

Been said before, but another result that this team wouldn't have achieved last season

Unbeaten start continues!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Injury time was unbearable. How did Millwall not score?

Leeds need to deal with the fact we are a lot of team's "cup final". They raise their game because it's us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,023 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

That was horrible

But a great f*cking point

Been said before, but another result that this team wouldn't have achieved last season

Unbeaten start continues!

To be fair we barely won a match and lost most matches after Christmas last season. And we were topping the table in December. Lets hope we have grown a backbone this season.

Hopefully back to winning ways tonight, same team as Saturday. Surely no early penalties against them now.

Game is behind red button on Sky. Can't access myself on sky go, but I think there's still a way to watch

That miss by Klich, needs to bury them. Great ball by Harrison

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭adaminho

Hopefully back to winning ways tonight, same team as Saturday. Surely no early penalties against them now.

Game is behind red button on Sky. Can't access myself on sky go, but I think there's still a way to watch

Pm sent

Yeow!

Dunno how Cooper got to that, dunno how keeper didn't save it

Good half , slow start but by far the better side , Klich should have us out if sight ..... Hopefully we kill them off asap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Another good result tonight. Happy to see Roberts finally get off the mark for us. Great 1st goal by him. Harrison unlucky with some of his attempts. 3 points clear. Very happy

When a powerful engine works smoothly, it "purrs".

And tonight, even without some of its best players, that Leeds side purred.

Early last season the team looked great, but they were relying on great performances by individual players. This season it seems as if the system itself is great, the players are a lot more interchangeable.

Great result to come back to. Roberts first was lovely. The variation in our goals is great; set pieces, play it around outside the box and find the time, play it around defence and then over the top.

Very enjoyable to watch, just hope they keep it going now

I loved the celebration for our 3rd , Baker getting involved despite not being on the pitch , the squad has real feeling of togetherness

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement