Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,023 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Mushy wrote: »
    Nah, came off top of the table in September last year

Yeah you are right. Downhill in October last season. The positive is we are playing much better this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Wouldn't have Dallas near the starting lineup this season , look uncomfortable at left full today, I thought Roberts had an OK game , Brentford didn't let us dictate like others have , the lack of striking options is worrying even when roofe is back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

Wouldn't have Dallas near the starting lineup this season , look uncomfortable at left full today, I thought Roberts had an OK game , Brentford didn't let us dictate like others have , the lack of striking options is worrying even when roofe is back

I dunno what to make of Dallas, he's solid but that's about it, not someone a promotion chasing team should be relying on. But Alioski looked decent at LB/LWB, he's got the engine for it and can't be offside as much from there! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Any joy with this crowd? On the lookout for a new kit for meself

Home arrived this morning

pSaFMuJ.jpgubQ3W87.jpg

Needs an iron but otherwise happy with it for €16 :pac:

Away should be here in a few days

maximoose wrote: »
    Home arrived this morning

pSaFMuJ.jpgubQ3W87.jpg

Needs an iron but otherwise happy with it for €16 :pac:

Away should be here in a few days

One of the lads in work got the away and it is top notch , I have ordered myself

How long were you waiting?

You probably know this but the key to maintaining these jerseys from Asia is to cold wash them inside out , max 30 degrees

Took 20 days to arrive from day it was shipped, but was around 2 weeks before seller shipped so nearly 5 weeks in all.

Looking now though almost all are dispatched within 3 days so shouldn't be as bad. They must need time to get the templates right when the designs first come out :pac:

Also, sizing is a little large. I would take a M-L here, and would always go XL from Ali/DHGate. This is quite large fitting compared to all others I've ordered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Also, sizing is a little large. I would take a M-L here, and would always go XL from Ali/DHGate. This is quite large fitting compared to all others I've ordered.

That could actually be based on the official jersey as it was very comfortable when I got it and there'd usually be some part, be it chest or beer belly, that feels tight!

Took 20 days to arrive from day it was shipped, but was around 2 weeks before seller shipped so nearly 5 weeks in all.

Looking now though almost all are dispatched within 3 days so shouldn't be as bad. They must need time to get the templates right when the designs first come out :pac:

We've probably ordered from the same seller, my colleague orfered a medium that would pass for a XL , I ordered an XL as I wear a L so will probably be swimming on me!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

I'm normally an M but I have bought XLBoys before and it perfect :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Match v Blackburn on Sky red button now too.

Sky Sports Leeds in full swing

• Advertisement

championc wrote: »
    I'm normally an M but I have bought XLBoys before and it perfect :-)

I did the same back in the Macron days, those kits were feckin huge!

I've decided this home kit is just far too big, if anyone here wants to take it off me for €16 PM gone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Guys, is it really worth waiting upwards of 5 weeks and the uncertainty of the size to save a few quid on one of these? I bought one once before and swore never again, just not worth it imho.

5 weeks is an anomaly, 2 is the norm. 10 days if ordering to PW/UK.

Quality is great, and it's nearly a €50 saving. Very much worth it IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Fair enough, I must have got a bad seller last time around as delivery was over 6 weeks and quality was poor, I'll have to get the names of decent sellers from you! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭J Cheever Loophole

Match v Blackburn on Sky red button now too.

Sky Sports Leeds in full swing

Don't have the figures, but I hope this red button initiative is reinforcing what a big draw Leeds are. Have to say, I've been caught out a few times in each match waiting for an action replay around an important piece of action!! :o

Don't have the figures, but I hope this red button initiative is reinforcing what a big draw Leeds are. Have to say, I've been caught out a few times in each match waiting for an action replay around an important piece of action!! :o

I can only assume that if they're willing to add more Leeds games to sky that they must be getting good numbers.

That or they can't wait for a complete collapse

Edit: match vs Sheff Utd on tv too, that'll make it 11 out of 12 In a row. They know their audience

Harrison injured, Pablo/Roofe/Berardi all back. Pablo probably would've been eased back in but has to start now. Will be interesting to see if Roofe comes straight back in. Berardi is needed at full-back with both Douglas and Ayling out.

Harrison injured, Pablo/Roofe/Berardi all back. Pablo probably would've been eased back in but has to start now. Will be interesting to see if Roofe comes straight back in. Berardi is needed at full-back with both Douglas and Ayling out.

Roofe should start anyway, much bigger threat than Roberts.

Berardi at LB and other young guy who came on v Brentford at LB. Or Shackleton will be there

Roofe should start anyway, much bigger threat than Roberts.

Berardi at LB and other young guy who came on v Brentford at LB. Or Shackleton will be there

Even though he didn't have a good game I wouldn't be surprised to see Dallas again at LB. Bielsa seems extremely loyal to players that he's picked previously. Alioski looks very good at LB when he moved there but with Harrison out I'm not sure we can cover the wings without Alioski (either starting or bench). Would prefer Pearce or Shackleton make the team ahead of him, but in Bielsa we trust!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

A goal down after 2 minutes. Not good. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

The video quality is absolutely shocking on LUTV this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Team is going nowhere this season.

Bit early for that yet. Rather we have issues now as Bielsa figures out the players he can rely on and those not good enough.

Same as last season. Safe in the division but we are not going to be promoted. Strength in depth and finishing have been a problem at Elland Road for years. No different this season.

My optimism is draining

• Advertisement

We weren't the only ones to struggle today. Chin up lads. 2 points off top 13 games in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Hey folks, wonder if anyone here can help me. Looking to go to the Bristol City v Leeds game in March. The old man is a fan and the brother lives there so ticks the boxes!

Any idea when any potential kick off time changes will be announced - game is currently down for March 9 at 3pm, so it'd work well for me to fly from Cork. Obviously that changes if it is moved to a Friday night or a different time slot. Wouldn't be as up to speed with Championship game changes as the Premier League.

Cheers!

Hey folks, wonder if anyone here can help me. Looking to go to the Bristol City v Leeds game in March. The old man is a fan and the brother lives there so ticks the boxes!

Any idea when any potential kick off time changes will be announced - game is currently down for March 9 at 3pm, so it'd work well for me to fly from Cork. Obviously that changes if it is moved to a Friday night or a different time slot. Wouldn't be as up to speed with Championship game changes as the Premier League.

Cheers!

You'd need to be leaving it until about 6 weeks to a month before the game. Keep an eye on sky sports website as they announce the dates that they'll release the next batch of TV fixtures. We get crucified with changes so odds of it actually being a Saturday 3pm fixture is slim enough.

Coincidentally us at home to Bristol City is our only Saturday 3pm game in October or November!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

You'd need to be leaving it until about 6 weeks to a month before the game. Keep an eye on sky sports website as they announce the dates that they'll release the next batch of TV fixtures. We get crucified with changes so odds of it actually being a Saturday 3pm fixture is slim enough.

Coincidentally us at home to Bristol City is our only Saturday 3pm game in October or November!

Cheers! I can actually get a pretty decent deal on flights that covers me for a late Friday and all of Saturday; it's just if it gets moved to Sunday or Monday that it's Awkward. I may just take the plunge and spend the next few months with fingers and toes crossed that it works!!

5 weeks is an anomaly, 2 is the norm. 10 days if ordering to PW/UK.

Quality is great, and it's nearly a €50 saving. Very much worth it IMO.

For reference, I ordered a replacement on this day and it just arrived with me now from DPD, so 11 days :)

Got a medium this time around, much more like it.

• Advertisement

So a win tomorrow night will see us back in the top 2

championc wrote: »
    So a win tomorrow night will see us back in the top 2

You know exactly how that's going to go

We have lost against bottom of the table clubs at home before. :)
    Two years ago we did.

I wonder how long before berardi gets sent off

Pablo plus Roofe = Clinical

We've missed that quality

Pablo plus Roofe = Clinical

We've missed that quality

Great goal :)

Saiz needs to bury that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

West Brom are getting beat 3-0. We are going back to the top!

blaa85 wrote: »
    We are going back to the top!

I think it's pretty clear that Leeds should either write off the season OR book the bus for when they win the Championship and parade around the city...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Shlippery

to the top babyyyyy the boom is back :pac:

• Advertisement

Shlippery wrote: »
    to the top babyyyyy the boom is back :pac:

Gonna need some goldfish

Top of the table = More re-scheduled games :(

Ipswich were dreadful lastnight, could have had a few more but just glad we didn't mess up! Alioski nearly had a screamer but off the post
    Top of the table = More re-scheduled games

The downside. Booked for Bristol next month, hoping nothing changes

The downside. Booked for Bristol next month, hoping nothing changes

They've changed Sheff Utd which is after Bristol so think you're safe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Great result at the Riverside. Two OGs too.

Ffs, terrible goal to give away.

Leeds very wasteful. Giving the ball away too often.
    88% possession but we desperately need quality up front.

Roofe 1:1 The hand of god.

70 mins if time wasting by Forest, ref not doing his job...nice to get a decision. Going in anyway

First yellow for time wasting at 87, infuriating this stuff. Teams don't even try to play Leeds, just nick one then foul tinewaste

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Complete neutral here amd I was late to that game - haven’t seen lots of replays, but was it not his knee that came off?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement