Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,023 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Leeds final ball sometimes brings a tear to your eye. :rolleyes:

Ah FFS. A stupid penalty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Douglas owes Farrell some Christmas present

Whew!

Awful tackle, Douglas tired, almost stumbled into him.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Trend Setter in Training

On that, I agree with the Dallas comment but feel we absolutely need these types in the team.

On Alioski - he gets a raw deal, while he is frustrating he is up there with the most creative players in the championship in terms of chances created. While he was out I think we missed him.

Now, getting Same back to the form he began the season is the big push. I saw he's getting a run with the 23s today so be good to see his reaction from that!

Okay, okay - I take this back...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

Okay, okay - I take this back...

Okay okay I take back my original Dallas comment too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Jansson in for Baker only change. Gotta be a matter of time before Alioski takes a break in the bench. Saiz or Clarke out left have to be better options.

Persistence with Alioski is a bit frustrating

Watch him play a blinder now

Take a point today for sure, record there is ****e!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Jansson in for Baker only change. Gotta be a matter of time before Alioski takes a break in the bench. Saiz or Clarke out left have to be better options.

Always good to have those options to come on in the second half though.

Let's hope for a result today. Them and Millwall seem to be our bogey side where we always do terribly.

• Advertisement

Draw be a good result here, they're a good side. Under the cosh so far but hopefully see it through

Filth by Mcgoldrick, ref having a good stare

Real Sheffield United stuff going on, over the top tackles etc. Wednesday have had some fine teams, United always seemed...anti football..

Looks like we've another fine referee today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Ref a bit off his game so far, roofe with a soft yellow and Sheffield getting away with a few late ones, very inconsistent
    I love the passing out of defense but sometimes you just want them to kick it long, they make me so nervous

Real Sheffield United stuff going on, over the top tackles etc. Wednesday have had some fine teams, United always seemed...anti football..

When it's going against them anyway. Played some good stuff at the start but since then it's been farcical.

A Leeds player is going to have to get badly injured before anything happens to the opposition

• Advertisement

The final ball will cost us today.

jammy goal. Ill take it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

GET IIINNN !!!!!

Deserved lead

Excellent result

• Advertisement

Mushy wrote: »
    Excellent result
    Yup!!!!

Would of been happy with a draw, fairly even game but work rate and effort paid off, massive result

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

That was another game we would have lost or drew last year. Fantastic stuff.

That is a massive 3 points, delighted!

Last time we won at Bramall Lane was April 1992...

blaa85 wrote: »
    That was another game we would have lost or drew last year. Fantastic stuff.

That's a game Leeds have lost or drawn every year since '92!

Bielsa was a sensational appointment and it's great to see a club live up to a big move like that.

Leeds badly need some players back soon, I would think a signing or two in January would be fantastic.
    Keeper situation is definitely a huge concern to me, yea he will learn to make better decisions but maybe not this year

I think if this team goes up, playing this football, I can see them staying up and being a handful for a lot of teams in the top flight.

And that's new. Any time a team went on a good run since they went back into the Championship, say like Grayson's side, or the start of last season, I felt that promotion might only lead to a season in the top flight. But now they have such an effective system, I think a lot of managers would find it hard to deal with. It's just so different to everything else, it's like Bielsa is thinking about tactics at a level beyond most other managers. Which is not to say it's flawless, he's had failures too. And none of which is to say they'll get up at all, the Championship is brutally tough.

But he's definitely different to the usual cycle of "hope manager is decent, hope they spend enough to bring in better players". It's like, for the first time you think, "the system works, hope they bring in players who fit into it".

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Leeds badly need some players back soon, I would think a signing or two in January would be fantastic.
    Keeper situation is definitely a huge concern to me, yea he will learn to make better decisions but maybe not this year

Bamford and Izzy Brown seem like they should be available shortly. Feel Bamford is badly needed as another attacking option.

Bielsa will have to add a defender in January. The young lad Halme is a good player but a bit rough around the edges. Would be great to be able to bring in a veteran for when we have injuries ( as is situation with Ayling & Cooper out at the moment).

I think if this team goes up, playing this football, I can see them staying up and being a handful for a lot of teams in the top flight.

And that's new. Any time a team went on a good run since they went back into the Championship, say like Grayson's side, or the start of last season, I felt that promotion might only lead to a season in the top flight. But now they have such an effective system, I think a lot of managers would find it hard to deal with. It's just so different to everything else, it's like Bielsa is thinking about tactics at a level beyond most other managers. Which is not to say it's flawless, he's had failures too. And none of which is to say they'll get up at all, the Championship is brutally tough.

But he's definitely different to the usual cycle of "hope manager is decent, hope they spend enough to bring in better players". It's like, for the first time you think, "the system works, hope they bring in players who fit into it".

Yeah, but I don't think he will do a Wilkinson on our current team if we go up.
    30 years ago we got extremely lucky with excellent journey players like Strachan, White, Sterland and Chapman on effectively free transfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

BPF is the only real weak link in the team, and concerns me greatly. During the second half, he completely misjudged a corner. He'll punch away a corner or cross more often than cleanly taking the catch.

• Advertisement

FFS....Cooper out for six weeks following knee surgery, and Dallas out for four to six weeks for a fractured foot :mad:

No luck at all with the injuries. Actually makes me a little more impressed with our recovery from West Brom and current position.

At least there's a weeks break after each of next two fixtures before Xmas mayhem...maybe some of the other walking wounded will have returned by then

72% possession and we were a goal down for most of the first half. We need to be more clinical.

72% possession and we were a goal down for most of the first half. We need to be more clinical.

The relief getting the notification that had equalised before HT. Think a riot act be read and they'll get the win now

Got a penalty, first time since October 17. Roofe on for a hatrick now

Typical Norwich. Least got the win, and extended the gap to third

3 points, 4 wins on the bounce, 0 games since last peno, 5 point gap to third place and 0 new injuries!

Thought Shackleton looked great at RB. Dallas was only just settling and performing well there, hence the frustration over his injury. But great to see the kids stepping up!

Fair play to Roofe too for putting away the penalty, would have been awful anticlimactic if he missed

Great win for the U23's today against Burnley.

Leeds were 3-2 down and came back to win 6-3. Hattrick from Patrick Bamford, 2 for Jack Clark and 1 for Izzy Brown.

Leeds back top of their league.

championc wrote: »
    Great win for the U23's today against Burnley.

Leeds were 3-2 down and came back to win 6-3. Hattrick from Patrick Bamford, 2 for Jack Clark and 1 for Izzy Brown.

Leeds back top of their league.

Scanned post, it went like this...

"Leeds...some underage team...some league...some other club like Barnsley or Burnley...some goals...BAMFORD PLAYED"

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Saiz wants out according to the Yorkshire post :( linked with getafe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Saiz wants out according to the Yorkshire post :( linked with getafe

Apparently his pregnant missus hasn't settled in England. Talk is of a loan move with option to make it permanent. Very bad deal for us if so and would prefer he just sticks with us til the summer and gets his move then on a permanent deal to somewhere.

Izzy Brown nearly ready to step into his place but don't see Klich or Baker being as good in that role. Maybe Pablo moves there and with Harrison/Clarke in form we can cover Pablo's wing spot with one of them. One of Bamford/Roofe/Roberts might drop to that spot too. We have options but if he goes I think for fan morale as much as anything we'd need a decent attacking signing.

The news has been well managed. His reason is very legitimate and nobody would disagree with him going on that basis.

However, it's possibly also down to being the sub rather than a starter.

We've decent options especially with Izzy Brown now coming close to being available. I saw him play a few times for Huddersfield the year before last.

Maybe he just wants to Getafe...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

I got the impression from one of Bielsa's recent interviews that he feels Saiz is struggling with the physical demands of the style of play

Kinda between two minds on this...Saiz offers something different and he can be feckin great to watch sometimes. But he can also be really inconsistent and inefficient, and was justifiably dropped imo. Even Alioski has contributed more!

Can Izzy Brown just slot straight in for him? Even on the bench until he's properly fit.

If not, then you'd at least hope that they're looking at replacing him in January

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Alioski gets some stick on here , he is picked because of the work rate and ground he covers , a Macedonian Kevin kilbane if you will!!

If Saiz goes id love us to go for Nick Powell, regardless I think we will need to sign someone!

• Advertisement

Alioski gets some stick on here , he is picked because of the work rate and ground he covers , a Macedonian Kevin kilbane if you will!!

If Saiz goes id love us to go for Nick Powell, regardless I think we will need to sign someone!

I'll never look at Alioski the same way. Zinedine Alioski doesn't have the same ring to it though.

Hoping to get the win tomorrow. Hopefully won't need to wait for the last minute now. Hopefully Bamford gets some time.

Anyone think Roofe to fall back and Bamford to go up top if Saiz does go?

https://www.thesquareball.net/leeds-united/square-ball-week-shining-sincere/

Sheds light on reasons for the move, wish him and his missus well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 258 ✭✭tdonegan1990

Horrible first half to watch. Bolton doing a really good job at frustrating leeds (including me). Misplaced passes left right and centre. No urgency in getting forward at all. Half time can't come quick enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Shlippery

BAMFORD YOU BEAUTY

Couldn't have written the script better. Great return to the team, huge 3 points

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement