Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Mushy wrote: »
    Can't watch the first half but just gone 1 up. Nice to see early on

Clarke skillz and Roofe qualify finish. Controlling it so far. Forshaw looking good and Alioski def enjoying himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Clarke skillz and Roofe qualify finish. Controlling it so far. Forshaw looking good and Alioski def enjoying himself.

Pushing him left back so he can't be offside...genius!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Very enjoyable first half, Forshaw has been very good. Jansson is some lad, getting two opposition players booked in the one burst out from the back!

Came back home to see Clarke skin a man. Lovely play.

Another stonewall penalty denied. Farcical

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

Mushy wrote:
    Another stonewall penalty denied. Farcical

We're not due one for at least another 55 matches

So it's a no penalty game today anyway

Munster BP win, Leeds win, Bielsa face shaking hands with Lampard...What a weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

We are simply terrific to watch !

Clarke is superb , forshaw alioski and pontus were outstanding tonight.

Good man Scott Carson , Leeds boy knows where his heart lies

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

Goalkeeper Kiko Casila poised to sign for Leeds next week from Real Madrid.

• Advertisement

Apparently the “done thing” in English football is to make up rules about the “English way” and make vague references to coming down hard on something that doesn’t seem to be an offence but for some inexplicable reason is understood to be serious.

Utter drivel. Pathetic. It’s either legal or not. If it’s legal, get over it, move on, and have training sessions in private if it’s a big deal.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Loved that lineup from Leeds. Clarke is excellent.

Apparently the “done thing” in English football is to make up rules about the “English way” and make vague references to coming down hard on something that doesn’t seem to be an offence but for some inexplicable reason is understood to be serious.

Utter drivel. Pathetic. It’s either legal or not. If it’s legal, get over it, move on, and have training sessions in private if it’s a big deal.

Lemons piling out of that sky box right now

Charlie Nicholas said it well, any angle you can find, as if Lampard's Chelsea didn't try to find out about opponents. Saying it used to happen openly.

Edit, they're now saying Leeds fans will relish what's happened, and noted Klich's binoculars celebration, and that it could galvanise the club even more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

Only just seen the highlights and absolutely buzzing.

Can they please tie Jack Clarke down to a long term contract?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,023 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Nothing wrong with a bit of research on the opposition. What do Derby have to hide? Lampard needs to grow a pair. A decent guy would have laughed it off rather than whinge.
    Leeds are shaken, not stirred.

Some of the things said about the spying were embarrassing, as others said much ado about nothing.
    As for the match, what a performance. Forshaw controlled midfield. Clarke showed what an exciting talent he is. Also I thought Cooper really steadied things at the back. Hopefully a couple of additions to the squad next week although very little sign of anything right now.

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    Some of the things said about the spying were embarrassing, as others said much ado about nothing.
    As for the match, what a performance. Forshaw controlled midfield. Clarke showed what an exciting talent he is. Also I thought Cooper really steadied things at the back. Hopefully a couple of additions to the squad next week although very little sign of anything right now.

Apparently Real Madrid 3rd keeper is coming in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,295 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Thought this was quite funny.

attachment.php?attachmentid=470228&d=1547313846[\img]

We are simply terrific to watch !

Found myself 8 mins behind live footage after half time yesterday (sky pause) and thought I'd catch up so that I didn't have to ignore phone for spoilers. Couldn't actually fast forward through any of it as it was so good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭ronan.h

Great to see some common sense coming through

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/marcelo-bielsa-football-leeds-spy-215202

Thought Bielsa and the club dealt with it well.

The straight up admission by him. The club apologising to Derby and giving some vague nondescript statement in which they speak of the integrity of the club.

But don’t think he apologised, and the club did not force it. And...neither he nor the club gave any commitment not to do it again. He might park it for a while but I’d say if Leeds get promoted he won’t be getting less meticulous in the top flight.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Sad news that Phil Masinga has died, he was only 49. I remember he joined in the same deal that brought Lucas Radebe to the club. He never hit the same heights as The Chief, but he was a decent player who did well in Switzerland after he left Leeds. RIP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Real Madrid goalkeeper Casilla a done deal according to Guilliem Ballague*

ronan.h wrote: »

Yup a great read, particularly the taking down of commentators on their high horses!

You'd wonder what the reaction would have been if it had been Lampard doing the spying....."thorough, doing what it takes, visionary".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Zaph wrote: »
    Sad news that Phil Masinga has died, he was only 49. I remember he joined in the same deal that brought Lucas Radebe to the club. He never hit the same heights as The Chief, but he was a decent player who did well in Switzerland after he left Leeds. RIP.

Sad. RIP Phil Masinga :(

Remember his hat trick v Walsall in the League Cup in 1995. Never hit those heights again, as Radebe became one of the club's greats and up front we were all dazzled by Yeboah.

Waltzing Masinga, RIP Phil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Tix in the bag for Norwich at home, can't wait now. Hopefully grab wins against Stoke and Rotherham and go in with high confidence.

I know league position doesn't mean much for the Championship, but our remaining fixtures by "difficulty"

rluclfskb6a21.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,023 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Very sad news. I remember that 9 minute hat trick against Walsall in the FA Cup. He was a great player. Out team always struggled whenever Radebe and Masinga were called for international duty or the Africa Nations Cup.

Izzy Brown scored a brace and made it through 90 minutes for the U23's today.

Could be a timely boost if he can improve his fitness...still wouldn't mind another attacking mid signing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

maximoose wrote: »
    Tix in the bag for Norwich at home, can't wait now. Hopefully grab wins against Stoke and Rotherham and go in with high confidence.

Was online at 9:05am and missed out on tickets. Flights booked last week :(

Not sure whether to bother going over at all now.

Its a disgrace that they allow members to buy up NINE tickets each.

So, if Leeds go up...what players survive the transition?

I think Ayling and Douglas are good enough for the top flight.

Pontus, Roofe, Clarke, Phillips (in his correct role) and Pablo if the legs are OK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

quarryman wrote: »
    Was online at 9:05am and missed out on tickets. Flights booked last week :(

Not sure whether to bother going over at all now.

Its a disgrace that they allow members to buy up NINE tickets each.

Shîte. Did you get the flights cheap at least?

Nine is an excessive limit yeah. We needed 5 tickets but had a few memberships between us and just got very lucky I think, was kicked out at checkout stage twice but somehow got back in.

I've seen @lufcspares92 mentioned a few places, worth following on twitter and tix might pop up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Stop, stop, stop....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

maximoose wrote: »
    Shîte. Did you get the flights cheap at least?

Nine is an excessive limit yeah. We needed 5 tickets but had a few memberships between us and just got very lucky I think, was kicked out at checkout stage twice but somehow got back in.

I've seen @lufcspares92 mentioned a few places, worth following on twitter and tix might pop up.

Flights weren’t too cheap but not mad money either.

Yeah I’m gonna keep an eye on twittter thanks.

There’s a guy on waccoe selling his 9 for £80 each and said the price will go up. Prick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭xlogo

quarryman wrote:
    There’s a guy on waccoe selling his 9 for £80 each and said the price will go up. Prick.

Other than that how is WACCOE?

West Brom game moved to Friday 1 March for sky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭iseegirls

West Brom game moved to Friday 1 March for sky

How many games does that make us now that Sky have shown us live. We must be up there as the most shown across the Championship and PL.

• Advertisement

iseegirls wrote: »
    How many games does that make us now that Sky have shown us live. We must be up there as the most shown across the Championship and PL.

13 So far, don't think that includes Tuesday games either. So likely to end up at 17/18 games for the season, more if midweek games are included

Seriously tempted to go that WBA match. 15e flight to East Midlands, car rental for 30, drop off in Manchester airport, home in cork by 11 Saturday morning.

Big dilemma is tickets though, it'll definitely sell out, but be unreal

We're chasing Daniel James from Swansea, a young pacey winger. If that falls thru our 2nd option is Callum O'Dowda (interest in both confirmed by Phil Hay). Would be very happy with O'Dowda!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭tfer

Kiko Casilla having the medical today, looking forward to seeing Izzy Brown on the pitch too. He's very close to playing for the senior squad.
    It's all good so far

Casilla coming is a great capture, delighted with that.

xlogo wrote: »
    Other than that how is WACCOE?

It's a bit like the 4chan version of this thread.

How is 4chan? :eek:

Nah it's grand, like any message board there's a good mix of useful/useless info and a few characters/WUMs

Jesus, that Spygate thing is going on and on.

As we now know, Chelsea and Mourinho used to do it, and not a word was said. I don't even think it raised an eyebrow. Most realise that it's really scouting, and perhaps while it's not done too often in England, that doesn't make it wrong.

But the collective pants wetting in certain quarters and the howls from pundits trying to express their outrage and disgust at what this might do to the beautiful game seems to be forcing the FA to react.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Would love to get over for a game.

Thinking of Sheff Utd on Mar 16 - odds on tickets? Slim to none?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement