Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

Looked like players were totally out on their feet at full time. You'd never have believed they'd won if you had just turned on the TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Need to follow this up with 2 wins. Quick spell of WBA, Bristol City and Sheff Utd will be very tough

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

championc wrote: »
    Looked like players were totally out on their feet at full time. You'd never have believed they'd won if you had just turned on the TV.

The ten day break is badly needed. Hopefully Bielsa gives them a proper rest. He must see how tired they all are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Kingp35 wrote: »
    The ten day break is badly needed. Hopefully Bielsa gives them a proper rest. He must see how tired they all are.
    I think I read he is giving them 4 days rest now, it's well due to them too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    I think I read he is giving them 4 days rest now, it's well due to them too.

And Bielsa's spending the four days bringing his family around the Yorkshire sights. He really puts all of himself into whatever club he moves to. See pics of him walking around Wetherby and doing his homework in McDonalds or Starbucks. Not what you'd expect of someone on millions per year. As much as I want promotion to end years of pain and for the centenary etc the best thing of that will come of it is another year of Marcelo!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,023 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Mushy wrote: »
    Need to follow this up with 2 wins. Quick spell of WBA, Bristol City and Sheff Utd will be very tough

I wish I was confident with that sequence of games. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

I am putting all my eggs in the Bamford basket, if he gets and stays fit, hit a bit of form and we could be golden, he definitely has it in him to go on a good run

I am putting all my eggs in the Bamford basket, if he gets and stays fit, hit a bit of form and we could be golden, he definitely has it in him to go on a good run

I was impressed with him on Wednesday. Kept running, occupying defenders, good on the ball. Should have had a goal so hopefully they start following soon

I was impressed with him on Wednesday. Kept running, occupying defenders, good on the ball. Should have had a goal so hopefully they start following soon

Yea, he looked a lot sharper. As the cliche goes, confidence is absolutely everything in sports,I like Roofe but I think Bamford is more of a natural striker and scorer.

Nothing went with us today. Norwich top. Dropped to third.

• Advertisement

The run in will be crazy tight I feel, just got to keep plucking away like they have all season and hopefully hit a decent run. I do feel like the players know it’s right there for them, they have the confidence and belief, just need one more push

Always just needed to win more than the rest anyway, wouldn't have been expecting any different results today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

I don't expect Sheffield united to last the pace but they just won't feck off and fall away! Sharp and mcgoldrick should not be a promotion winning strike partnership lol

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭RichardoKhan

Strong rumour Roofe has ligament damage. That's him out for a while....Time to promote Izzy Brown methinks

Strong rumour Roofe has ligament damage. That's him out for a while....Time to promote Izzy Brown methinks

Pic of him with big thing around his leg holding it in place, so certainly some truth. Bit of a disaster

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Trend Setter in Training

Pic of him with big thing around his leg holding it in place, so certainly some truth. Bit of a disaster

Yup, didn't believe the rumour until Phil Hay confirmed today that he is due for scans. While Bamford is there and back to fitness we need all the bodies we can for the run in.

Next two against Bolton and QPR now need 6 points minimum with WBA and Boro sniffing around too along with Norwich and Sheff U.

That would set up a huge game v WBA then in early March!!

Stop getting excited, no you stop it!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Confirmed knee ligament damage for Roofe. Could be gone for the rest of the season. They 'hope' to have him back before then.

Not good news!

Kingp35 wrote:
    Confirmed knee ligament damage for Roofe. Could be gone for the rest of the season. They 'hope' to have him back before then.

What's the story with loaning players? Has that ship sailed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

Kingp35 wrote: »

Not good news!

Fairly sh*t...even when he's not scoring, Roofe gets through some amount of work.

Adam Pope tweeted that the club hope's it'll be "weeks not months" but seems optimistic.

Paddy Bamford needs to find his scoring boots and Izzy Brown needs to prove he's ready for first team action. Maybe we'll see Edmondson or one of the other U-23s promoted.

• Advertisement

I don't expect Sheffield united to last the pace but they just won't feck off and fall away! Sharp and mcgoldrick should not be a promotion winning strike partnership lol

But factor in Scott Hogan and Gary Madine as back up and that's a fairly formidable strike force. Earlier in the season I'd have expected one of Norwich and Sheff Utd to fall away. At this stage I think they'll both challenge us all the way and WBA might join in if sort out defence. Very disappointing seasons for Villa/Derby/Stoke/Swansea/Boro/Forest shows just how tough a division this is. As much as I rate our players if Bielsa was at 4 or 5 of those teams he'd have steamrolled it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

But factor in Scott Hogan and Gary Madine as back up and that's a fairly formidable strike force. Earlier in the season I'd have expected one of Norwich and Sheff Utd to fall away. At this stage I think they'll both challenge us all the way and WBA might join in if sort out defence. Very disappointing seasons for Villa/Derby/Stoke/Swansea/Boro/Forest shows just how tough a division this is. As much as I rate our players if Bielsa was at 4 or 5 of those teams he'd have steamrolled it.

Yeah fair point and I'd tend to agree. We've been the poorest performers of the contending teams since the turn of the year. The loss of Roofe has further weakened our prospects for the run in, Bamford is an able replacement in front of goals but Roofes workrate won't be matched by Bamford.

I have this uncomfortable feeling that all our eggs our in the automatic promotion basket, I don't think we'll be good enough in the playoffs

Spygate can be put to bed. A 200k fine and warned about future actions.

New rule being introduced on it too which is great. I'll be disappointed if it isn't affectionately know as the Frank rule

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

The most important thing is that it's over now well before the end of the season. Good to see common sense prevailing too and no points deducted, although a £200k fine for something that wasn't expressly forbidden is a bit of a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Trend Setter in Training

£25k is the maximum for those types of 'unsporting behaviour' fines under the Prem rules. Would love to see how they worked out the £200k! By all accounts the club were up in arms at the amount but just accepted to put it o bed.

In better new the rat that is Shaun Harvey is leaving the EFL... more than likely to take up a position on the premiership board to troll us some more next year :)

The amount of late goals in the EFL this season is insane! Would've been nice for QPR to pull off a draw.

• Advertisement

Ah sure...we've benefited from a few late goals ourselves

I'm still a bit shook from Blackburn at home

Norwich playing Bristol City who've won 9 in a row and unbeaten in 15. WBA playing Sheff Utd at 5.30. Will be an interesting day. Focus just on on our job first, but if we can't beat Bolton at home then we don't even deserve playoffs!

Just need the win, will worry bout other results after that

Bamford with a brace minimum

Bamford with a brace minimum

Bon Jovi is singing right now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Canaries 1-2 down at home to Bristol City.

Poor enough, took a while to match physicality I think, Bolton are direct and will cause problems. Leeds need to up the tempo a notch going forward and do things that little bit quicker
    Roberts definitely looking for a moment of glory, wants to shoot the second he gets the ball

Looking good at 2:1, but I notice Leeds tend to go defensive and play deep when they go a goal up. The defenders use the keeper too much.
    Twice in the space of a minute they gave the ball away in a dangerous area. Playing with fire.

Get in. 3 points. Where did the ref get the extra minute from?

Looking good at 2:1, but I notice Leeds tend to go defensive and play deep when they go a goal up. The defenders use the keeper too much.
    Twice in the space of a minute they gave the ball away in a dangerous area. Playing with fire.

I was screaming at the TV, it’s like they want to make a mistake or get as close to the edge as they can.
    Made hard hard work of that, some decent performances in the second half.

Will take the win. By Christ that was a flukey winner. Feel like they're hanging on overall though, interesting to see if they can keep within touching distance till after Bristol game

Another 3 points ground out, but should have been more comfortable. Bamford a bit rusty and generally the "efficiency" is too low.

Nice to see Dallas back in action, looked lively.

Sheffield Utd go back to second. We have very little margin for error now.

Win Tuesday minimum, huge game next Friday too. If get 4 points still be on track

It really is quite amazing on what Biesla has done because let’s be honest, some very average players on that team.

• Advertisement

It really is quite amazing on what Biesla has done because let’s be honest, some very average players on that team.

And with a small squad too. I know there was a fear that burn out may be an issue, and while that may be the case, I feel it's more due to squad size.

Most seasons there's Lways a surprise team mixing it up...Leeds' turn this year

Most seasons there's Lways a surprise team mixing it up...Leeds' turn this year

Think Norwich and Sheffield United also surprising a lot, their managers deserve lots of credit too.

If Leeds miss out, the failure to land James could be crucial. Fresh energy would have been great. Still, win the game in hand and Leeds go back on top, for all the worries that the team is not dominating like it did, that goals are drying up...it's been an amazing season so far.

Think Norwich and Sheffield United also surprising a lot, their managers deserve lots of credit too.

If Leeds miss out, the failure to land James could be crucial. Fresh energy would have been great. Still, win the game in hand and Leeds go back on top, for all the worries that the team is not dominating like it did, that goals are drying up...it's been an amazing season so far.

Norwich yeah, thought they had done better over last few years. Sheff Utd were good last year but fell away, I was hoping they'd get Wilder in as manager before Bielsa came in.

QPR bottom of the form table, have to make it count now. I'll take any form of win, even as flukey as yesterday's winner. 9 wins I see it as should be enough. If bet Sheff Utd it would just be huge

QPR bottom of the form table, have to make it count now. I'll take any form of win, even as flukey as yesterday's winner.

You just know QPR will up their game for us.

Just like Bolton, who completely rolled over to Norwich a week before putting in their best away performance all year at ER!

Would be pretty confident QPR get a result, it’s just how it goes in soccer, they are due a result and we have been scraping by

Fook

Just watching mediocrity currently. Last weekend was the first time we weren't behind in a game in a long time.
    Back to being behind again. I can't see our team making top 2 with these players.

Grim grim grim

We've got nothing going forward.

• Advertisement

Bottling autos

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement