Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

We’ll have to pray for a result Friday. That’s a golden opportunity missed.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

We've been poor since Christmas. I'm amazed we are still in contention for the top 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

It's all starting to feel very familiar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Taxi ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,023 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Stress levels will drop considerably if I just accept we are not good enough, and that's it.
    We got a keeper in the transfer window and nothing else.
    We simply don't have the squad to compete with Norwich or Sheffield United.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

7th place here we come

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

The reality is we are light up top and lack goals , we didn't need a keeper yet it was priority , a striker is what we needed and we didn't get one .....it'll be such a shame if we fall short

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

7th place here we come

I think we'll scrape into the playoffs but no further.

Ominous picture, but it shows he cares. Monk didn't care.
    He did better than anybody could hope to do with a squad of 15 playable players. But there lies the problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭J Cheever Loophole

Agreed with a lot of the comments. We had 64% possession; we had 13 corners to their 2, yet they still had more shots than us. We did manage a couple of great chances and spurned the lot. There is no incisive edge to our game for all the possession. The first team is not good enough and the squad not deep enough. The lad from Swansea would have been a huge addition. There seems to be an awful inevitability about what is going to happen between now and May.

Not sure if anyone saw the article in the Daily Mail, which strongly suggested that this season is Radrazzani putting all his eggs in one basket as regards the push for promotion, and suggesting that if we fail to go up this time, then money saving is likely to be the future direction. I don't buy the Daily Mail by the way, but follow Radrazzani on twitter and he made quite a bolshy response to the article. However the details made me feel very uneasy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

If we don't go up I can't see us hanging on to Bielsa

The run-in
    409xlsamrwi21.jpg

Next 4 games are huge.

So now that I have accepted the way things are going and readjusted my expectations, I think it is very possible that come Paddys day we are 4th and 6 points behind 2nd spot (if we lost against WBA, Bristol and Sheff Utd). It would be hard to turn the momentum around at that point. If we can manage to get something more positive from the next 4 games, say are only 3 points back from the automatic places come Paddys day then our run in does look reasonable but right now it's hard to be optimistic - such is the life of a Leeds fan!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    ....such is the life of a Leeds fan!

It's ridiculous the ups and downs we have. Can any other club really be like us? Every second week things look completely different. Was raging last night and sure we'd cocked up the whole season. Today I'm like, "if we win all our home games we'll be up" and "it's in our own hands". Was more angry at the players last night after seeing that Bielsa pic. If they break him they should be sacked. The man is pure football passion. Huge game Friday, really don't want WBA back in the mix.

Little conflicted with not wanting WBA there as in the bigger picture. On one hand I'd really like Darren Moore to get them up as it's badly needed for black/ethnic representation in managerial circles, on the other hand WBA have serious potential if they hit form so I want them to be out of the running ASAP! If Norwich and Sheff Utd crumble then they're welcome to 2nd place!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

I think the main problem is that we know how lucky we've been with some results and there are very few occurrences where we have been unlucky.

So overall, we appear to go into most games needing more luck to get over the line - and you can't be relying on this week after week

I'd presume the players are drained and the manager too, given the intensity of the style.

Don't blame anyone, it is what it is, after 35 years or so you shrug off failure, indeed you expect nothing less than disappointment. But think this bunch, Bielsa, Phillips, Ayling, Roofe, Jansson, Douglas, Hernandez...they've worked harder for the club than any group I remember since Strachan, Batty, Jones, Chapman Speed, Whyte etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭RichardoKhan

Too much faith invested in Bamford.....injury aside we have seen very little of what Boro did. Also and it may be me but detect a little arrogance and conceit of him at times. Given his got haul of 4 goals is not healthy. Leeds bought poorly in the Jan window. We may be seeing the payback now

Agreed he has disappointed so far alright but I do think there is a quality striker in there, hopefully he can find his form soon as we really really need him to start showing it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭ronan.h

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p07256wl

This is a fantastic podcast episode- not just for a Leeds fan but any fan of football.

Here we go....

• Advertisement

Wow, get in

Good start :)

Just give it to Pablo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

That was great

What a goal!!! Total football

YESSSSSSSS PADDY BAMFORD

Well that was gorgeous

Brilliant first half performance. All action and quality as well. Completely different attitude yo the qpr game.

Not bad at all!

Also, pick up the phone Pat, Mick is waiting.

• Advertisement

For all the stick Roberts gets he has been superb tonight

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

This is more like it, this is back to how they were playing earlier in the season. It's a shame that there has been a run of games where we've looked very ordinary, because when they're firing on all cylinders like tonight it's a joy to behold.

This is good. Why couldn't they do this against QPR?

After waiting 3 months for us to click and really stuff someone, I never thought it's be West Brom!

Ok so Bamford has MOTM with the goals, but Roberts and Phillips have been phenomenal

Edit: fair play Roberts

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I thoroughly enjoyed that :D

• Advertisement

Mushy wrote: »
    Ok so Bamford has MOTM with the goals, but Roberts and Phillips have been phenomenal

Edit: fair play Roberts

Had Alioski picked myself. Says a lot about the performance that there were so many contenders.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

That’ll ****ing do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭tfer

That was a brilliant performance and did our goal difference the world of good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Where did that performance come from? Over the moon, keep it up now guys.

What a performance and such great character to bounce back from the horror show on Tuesday.

Delighted for Bielsa too, he feels it as much as the fans, if not more!

• Advertisement

What a performance and such great character to bounce back from the horror show on Tuesday.

Delighted for Bielsa too, he feels it as much as the fans, if not more!

Power cut here.

How did they play in the 2nd half? Any big talking points? Were they as dominant as they were in the 1st?

Power cut here.

How did they play in the 2nd half? Any big talking points? Were they as dominant as they were in the 1st?

Bit dicey at the start, although WBA came out swinging as expected. Then Leeds got assured and the pressing was intense, Roberts Phillips Allioski phenomenal. So from I'd say 65th minute it was comfortable enough. Casilla pretty much a passenger.

Will be smiling all weekend at that. Check out the last goal, so quick and destroyed the defence!

https://streamable.com/zw4jh

Mushy wrote: »
    Bit dicey at the start, although WBA came out swinging as expected. Then Leeds got assured and the pressing was intense, Roberts Phillips Allioski phenomenal. So from I'd say 65th minute it was comfortable enough. Casilla pretty much a passenger.

Will be smiling all weekend at that. Check out the last goal, so quick and destroyed the defence!

https://streamable.com/zw4jh

Oh!

Assumed it finished 3-0! Thanks.

Power cut here.

Ah no seriously?! Of all the nights!

Nah not as dominant initially. West Brom had a decent spell for 10-15 minutes, couple of corners and free kicks but all dealt with. Seemed to lose their shape when Barry was taken off before he was sent off!

Bamford's second was a little fortunate but totally deserved. Didn't take the foot off the pedal at all after that. I'm worn out just watching :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Opted to watch Wexford FC v Galway tonight. Every time Leeds scored, Wexford let one in. �� At least one of my teams won . MOT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭J Cheever Loophole

Bloody marvellous!

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭RichardoKhan

Bout time Mr Bamford , bout time......take a bow Leeds

Oh!

Assumed it finished 3-0! Thanks.

Nah was a last minute final goal, they broke out and found the cherry to put it on top

The goals will overshadow it but the headed clearance by Casilla a million miles outside his box nearly gave me a heart attack. Beautiful, but insane.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement