Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Shame brentford couldn't do anything for us lastnight, but what a first half performance by us.

We keep up this form we should beat Sheffield on sat, gonna be a wreck for that game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭championc

I don't think we'll change our mentality for any games - the objective will be to win every time. However, I can see Sheffield coming to hope to escape with a draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭J Cheever Loophole

Last night was great. Sensational first half that blew a team - with a wee bit of form behind them - off the pitch. The second half was more a canter with the game already won although if I could give off a wee bit, there was an opportunity to add to our goal difference which could yet prove vital, and we got a couple of needless yellow cards, with Ayling extremely fortunate not to see red.

The team is now playing with confidence, but Saturday has to be our biggest game in a number of years and brings back fond memories of our top of the table clash in April 1990 when we were both pushing for promotion. Let's hope the result is similar!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

Wigan at home on Good Friday left as is, Brentford away now on Sky at 5:15pm on Easter Monday:

https://www.efl.com/clubs-and-competitions/tv-games/domestic-efl-games/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

I haven't watched a single game this season, maybe I should skip the rest of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

RIP Bill Fotherby, Leeds have a lot to thank him for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Happy with this decision from Bamford. Club more important right now and he'll be bollixed by June for any games.

https://m.independent.ie/sport/soccer/international-soccer/mick-mccarthy-suffers-setback-in-pursuit-of-englishborn-patrick-bamford-37914216.html

Happy with this decision from Bamford. Club more important right now and he'll be bollixed by June for any games.

With the intensity of our style of play, the players really need the rest opportunity over international breaks.

I have to agree - he's made the correct decision IMO.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,343 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

It'll be good to see him in a green shirt one day, but he knows that this is the best chance we've ever had of getting back to the Premier League, so why jeopardise that for the sake of an extra cap or two against the likes of Gibraltar and Georgia?

U23's progress to the last 8 of the Premier League Cup. Brown on the scoresheet AGAIN

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,615 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Leeds would of destroyed this league with a decent clinical striker. Guardiola's tactics are a more one dimensional and less refined version of Bielsa's. Imagine what Bielsa would have achieved in the game, in terms of honours, if he decided to go to bigger clubs, instead of taking "projects" with "lesser" teams?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭adaminho

Leeds would of destroyed this league with a decent clinical striker. Guardiola's tactics are a more one dimensional and less refined version of Bielsa's. Imagine what Bielsa would have achieved in the game, in terms of honours, if he decided to go to bigger clubs, instead of taking "projects" with "lesser" teams?

So you're saying we need a Ronaldo type player? :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,615 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

adaminho wrote: »
    So you're saying we need a Ronaldo type player? :D:D:D:D

Actually, yes haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Agree on the striker and think any striker in this team will get tonnes of chances. Think Roofe and Bamford have done well though and a full season for Bamford might have him leading the scoring charts right now.

As for the bigger clubs, do they really give a new coach as much leeway as Bielsa has had, and demanded. He'd need to take over and be given a few months to implement all his changes and get the players into up to speed on his methods. Maybe Spurs or Arsenal would go that far, I don't think any other the other top ten teams in England would. No idea really what continental teams would do. He'd have Spurs or Arsenal winning the league in a couple of years if things clicked into place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Absolutely bricking it for tomorrow. Biggest game in years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,541 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

quarryman wrote: »
    Absolutely bricking it for tomorrow. Biggest game in years.

Was coming in to say the same. Will be a wreck by the morning

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,343 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

The team we beat to win the league in 1992 was Sheffield United. Hopefully the result tomorrow can be equally significant. That's not to say that I'm not absolutely dreading the game, but on the plus side I have to do something tomorrow which means I'll probably miss most, if not all of it. I'm not sure that my nerves could stand watching the full 90 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

I’ll be up at 5am tomorrow in California to watch it, all these TV games and espn showing championship has been unreal

By the law of averages, Norwich are due to drop points tomorrow...��

Wet and windy here in Leeds this morning. Whites were filling the Clayton breakfast tables.

Bring on the storm on-field

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Almost there. This is not going to be an easy watch.

If we could just have another West Brom performance thanks or even be 3 up by half time like at Reading, that would be nice. Can someone please make that happen??????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Wigan at home on Good Friday left as is, Brentford away now on Sky at 5:15pm on Easter Monday:

Don't suppose any season ticket holders could get additional tickets for this? My wife has told me today she has booked this for my birthday and didn't think tickets would be an issue !!!!

I'm a silver member so haven't a hope in the general sale.

I actually feel sorry for her as in fairness any game she has been to tickets have not been a problem!

Oh me bowels

Please please please just turn up today Leeds

Take a point

****ing hell Harrison

Two very good chances gone amiss

100% chance one of those stupid stray passes from our defenders is going to lead to a goal, crazy annoying

• Advertisement

Ref bottled it

Baldock should be off for that

Another game vs these where they should have a red card, very poor officiating

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Some very good chances so far. We can't afford to keep missing them.

Mushy wrote: »
    Another game vs these where they should have a red card, very poor officiating

Honestly, I think it would of been a little harsh, he lifted his foot at the last second but it wasn’t that high

Another great chance for Roberts

Pablo is pinging some beautiful passes

On top here, but same old issue of failing to convert

• Advertisement

Honestly, I think it would of been a little harsh, he lifted his foot at the last second but it wasn’t that high

It's over the ball and studs up. That and he should have been booked after 2 mins. Tis End a Stevens in the reverse fixture all over again

It's over the ball and studs up. That and he should have been booked after 2 mins. Tis End a Stevens in the reverse fixture all over again

Just don’t think it was malicious, just miss timed, 1st should of been a yellow alright

Just don’t think it was malicious, just miss timed, 1st should of been a yellow alright

So a second yellow you'd say? :)

So a second yellow you'd say? :)

Lol, yes but he would of have to of gotten the first, not a straight red in my opinion

Bring on half time, we are just asking to give up sloppy goal, sloppy silly mistakes

Lol, yes but he would of have to of gotten the first, not a straight red in my opinion

Bring on half time, we are just asking to give up sloppy goal, sloppy silly mistakes

They've made it. Nervy last 5 mins, get together and restart and find the finishing boots hopefully

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Sheffield are there for the taking. But can’t see where the goal is going to come from. The longer it goes without a Leeds goal the more likely Sheffield are to get one on the counterattack.

Sheffield don’t look like they are going to try and push too much, just wait for the mistake or opportunity and sit on that, solid plan

Gonna regret those missed chances going by the last 10 minutes

And another one :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Absolute disaster

• Advertisement

**** it anyway

Their only attempt on target

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭Wingman2010

Sheffield have been top class defensively. Let’s hope Clarke can be the turning top for us..

I have said it several times our lack of action in the January window is going to be regretted with such a thing squad!!

To say iam not surprised is an understatement, we will probably create a bunch of chances now

Their only attempt on target

For both teams

We create chances but are very wasteful. All the possession but no cutting edge.

One of those days

Too little too late, players went missing today, Hernandez not involved enough, Bamford couldn’t get anything going and went missing.
    Sheffield deserve this result, solid defensive display and game plan

Calamity

• Advertisement

Two mistakes leading that red card. Woeful stuff

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement